• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Roody

Neo Member
I think I just got mine! After the site being terrible for 300 refreshes, all of a sudden it worked perfectly just now and every page loaded instantly. So weird.

Salt in the wound and all but...

HvxUHkd.jpg

I can only recommend going to the store physically, i was actually thinking about ordering as well but was afraid of their website fucking up. You would have had to be there at least 2-3 hours in advance though.

If it makes you guys feel any better though, this thing will not be actually BUILT until at LEAST 3 months have passed if not more...

Also: the box is somehow smaller than i imagined... i think it's less wide than the SSD one but just as thick as TWO SSDs or something.

Have it in my cart, I press check out and then:

"Sorry! An unexpected error has occurred. Please call customer service. (code: server)"

Thank you LEGO

Koren

At least you got an email. I have no confirmation number, no email... just a giant charge on my credit card. I can't even look at my orders page to see if it's on there.
If there's a charge, I'd say you should be good. I'll cross fingers for you.

I couldn't check my account, those charges are displayed something like 36h later :/ It makes things even more ackward (but at least, even if they charge me several time, I should still be fine, and it shouldn't be hard to cancel the additional ones)

Don't worry about the email, if mine took something like 5 hours, they must be delayed (or lost in some cases).

I can't check my account myself either, I have a "under maintenance" message.

I "love" the message "Sometimes, building a great model takes a little time. So does building a great website."

Well, this little time is a matter of years...

Yeah me too. The charge is there but can't do anything about it. No order. I can't attempt it again because I might get charged again
I hope it'll go through.

I don't know, but the whole thing is looking a LOT like a Falcon escaping a Death Star ;)

chidrock

Try ordering it with your phone guys. I am at the payment screen, but I am resisting at this point because I'd have nowhere to put it and I could use the funds elsewhere. I'm getting error messages but it doesn't seem to be kicking me out.

shiba5

If there's a charge, I'd say you should be good. I'll cross fingers for you.

I couldn't check my account, those charges are displayed something like 36h later :/ It makes things even more ackward (but at least, even if they charge me several time, I should still be fine, and it shouldn't be hard to cancel the additional ones)

Don't worry about the email, if mine took something like 5 hours, they must be delayed (or lost in some cases).

I can't check my account myself either, I have a "under maintenance" message.

I "love" the message "Sometimes, building a great model takes a little time. So does building a great website."

Well, this little time is a matter of years...

I hope it'll go through.

I don't know, but the whole thing is looking a LOT like a Falcon escaping a Death Star ;)

Mine never made it to the confirmation page though. I'm not real hopeful. =/

Roody

Neo Member
Okay, my card was charged and the order shows up in my order history. Now to just wait for the confirmation email. I think I'm good!

TrojanAg

Ill just try with another card and cancel the previous charge? Not sure what else I can do because I'm pretty sure that order didn't go through.

ghostmind

Congrats to everyone getting through LEGO's website nonsense.

I've still got 2.5 hours in line, but everyone here is cool and friendly.

Koren

How can we get our money back if the order didn't fully go through?
Honestly, I doubt you'll be charged if the order isn't there. And if that was the case, I'm pretty sure the charge back would be automatic. In the unlikely event everything fail, I'm sure they'll do quickly the chargeback manually after you call.

I can only recommend going to the store physically
Thought about it, but 1h of bus and more than 3h of bullet train was a bit more than I was ready to do (especially with a line and a change you do this for nothing), and bringing this through bus and train would be a nightmare.

I wish I could have, somehow. I love the cart.

Koren

Mine never made it to the confirmation page though. I'm not real hopeful. =/
Mine neither (it's kinda scary that you can buy something with a webpage saying you haven't).

And I still got a confirmation email...

So there's hope, I promise you ;)

mrkgoo

Amidst all the Falcon frenzy, I've just been playing around with 31066 some more. I think you'll get what I was going for, but I don't think I succeeded very well, lol:

Rootbeer

Banned
Anyone in Canada was able to successfully place an order?
Someone on our Discord server got one immediately on S@H Canada. but that was right after it went live

Meanwhile, me in the USA had to really struggle from the moment it first went up. Took me a long time to get an order to go through

tuffy

Credit card charged. Now either Lego's going to get their shit together and deliver a Falcon, or I'll dispute the charge with my credit card company and get my money back.

papluh

Okay, my card was charged and the order shows up in my order history. Now to just wait for the confirmation email. I think I'm good!

Got the same here in Europe.

Ordered in first minutes, before the site went down ~8.10
At first there was no line in My Orders
About 8.15 there was an SMS about amount being charged/blocked and it appeared as Processing on my orders tab.
The site crashed :D
About 9.15 it changed to "In Warehouse"
The confirmation email came ... 14.02, that's like 6 hrs after ordering.

DonShula

Don't think you guys need to worry about multiples. The site wouldn't let me add two to my cart (I didn't try, but after I added one, the Add to Cart button grayed out and said "Limit Reached" or something similar). They would surely cancel multiples even if those orders did somehow make it through.

Rootbeer

Banned
No e-mail or order status listing yet, but I was expecting that... could take a while for those, I recall having the same issue with a few previous high-demand item orders. but i saved my order confirmation page to PDF juuuuuuust in case ;)

Holy shit, I kept refreshing while sobbing and was able to add one to the cart just right now and successfully check out!!! I am in Canada BTW

Keep checking guys, they might still have stock available it's just the servers that are hammered!!

TrojanAg

Tried another card and called them in advance this time so I wouldn't get screwed at checkout again. I was able to do it although they charged me the additional $40 shipping fee (it supposed to be free shipping). Oh well, at least I got it. Maybe I can talk to a rep at Lego to have that removed. Now I have to call the first card I used to get rid of that charge as soon as possible.

What a mess

Jimbro72

Finally got through on my phone, though it wasn't crediting me with free shipping, despite saying my order qualified for it. So we'll see if I end up getting charged $866 or $906 for this thing.

Ryuuroden

And finally got the order in after I got my PayPal account locked and a bunch of other bullshit. Thanks Lego for reminding me why I don't fucking use your piece of shit website.

Koren

Will try my luck in store during double VIP or something. Hopefully the set will stick around for a bit.
I don't think it'll be available for a while (I even expect it to still be available when the Han Solo movie hit), but it being available during 2xVIP is probably more a wild guess...

Ryuuroden

I bet mine doesn't ship for 30 days too. I mean, now I don't give a flying fuck anymore. They did charge me now so perhaps its not backordered. I am so god damn irritated now though and I think my cussing and swearing at the website has unnerved my business partner driving next to me.

While I don't think mine is backordered, I won't mind that being the case, this MF is meant to blow my 8 years old socks off in Christmas, so I am actually planning to keep mine boxed in my office dormant until Christmas day. This is going to be a "It's Nintendo 64!" levels of holy shit for my son

TrojanAg

While I don't think mine is backordered, I won't mine that being the case, this MF is meant to blow my 8 years old socks in Christmas, so I am actually planning to keep mine boxed in my office dormant until Christmas day. This is going to be a "It's Nintendo 64!" levels of holy shit for my son
Lucky kid, that would definitely blow my fucking mind. Should be fun when he finally gets it!

Top Bottom