• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Ponn

Banned
Guys I behaved myself and didn't buy the Saturn V rocket. I dunno why but yeah.

Yea, about that. Wait till everyone else who didn't get theirs through B@N start getting theirs and posting pics. The good news is you have a Double VIP coming up when you finally give in!

Thanks, Fredrancour! This was our trade for the CMF 17 series, but with a bonus Brickhead thrown in!
I told him just toss a random one in, and it gave me two. Coincidentally, the two from my all time favorite Disney film.

Thanks so much!

Thanks, Fredrancour! This was our trade for the CMF 17 series, but with a bonus Brickhead thrown in!
I told him just toss a random one in, and it gave me two. Coincidentally, the two from my all time favorite Disney film.

Thanks so much!

You're welcome! I'll post some photos of the cmf figs swarming around my sets once I make an imgur. I think I left a couple terrorizing Chicago while watching the blues brothers...

papluh

Ninjago Movie Juniors
Just to point out few details
- the new fence mould, the 2x2 round brick with spikes in reddish brown, the shark headpieces
- aaand Juniors are printed, that means - 1x3 tile logs, 1x4 tile with chevrons, shark hood, ninja torsos
fauDGa8.jpg

Ryuuroden

I am thinking of trying some Cobi brand tank sets. Has anyone gotten them before? They look pretty good, I'll just trash the atrocious looking minifigs.

Ninjago Movie Juniors
- the new fence mould, the 2x2 round brick with spikes in reddish brown, the shark headpieces
- aaand Juniors are printed, that means - 1x3 tile logs, 1x4 tile with chevrons, shark hood, ninja torsos
fauDGa8.jpg
Shark car!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Bought the Speeder Bike set, and it really is a stealth, low piece count UCS set. It's fantastic and looks great.

There is one thing that annoyed me though, and please correct me if I'm wrong...

Is this the first time they've photoshoped the sticker lines out?

30jyvO9.png

You look at that and there is no visible line at all that there's a sticker on that piece.

By contrast, even with the recent snowspeeder, you can tell it's a sticker on the box.

dzZwlZ4.png

Would have bought it anyways, but I feel lied to on this set in regards to it's presentation. Even the pictures on the LEGO site of the completed set make it look like no stickers.

ghostmind

Yeah, I was surprised to see a sticker sheet fall out of the Speeder Bike box, after so many buildable figures with printed pieces. There aren't many of them, but...

Still an amazing set though.

Yeah, I was surprised to see a sticker sheet fall out of the Speeder Bike box, after so many buildable figures with printed pieces. There aren't many of them, but...

Still an amazing set though.

Might snag one tomorrow. Always had a good feeling about it, but your impressions are pushing it to the top.

Wal Mart clearance prices didn't drop :(
Saw a captain rex at te for $30 but it was a return, had scotch tape on the sides lol
I should have haggled 😎

Got K-2SO for $5 though :D

Clone tank was still $49 and Kylo was still $59

Drop
Drop
Drop
Drop

Man I need to swing by my Walmart and see if they are clearancing

Ninjago Movie Juniors
fauDGa8.jpg

Wow, that fence will be really useful for decoration. Those 1x3 tiles are in the Ideas fishing store as well. As usual, you can deduce upcoming stuff from new parts.

There are also new olive green brickwork parts, those will be in something else too. Maybe Ninjago, or maybe the next Nexo Knights?

Osahi

100% chance we'll see those fence pieces in the next modular? :p

In other news: my Saturn V package is in Belgium allready, let's hope it leaves with the delivery guy soon. Would be great to build a stage a day over the long weekend

100% chance we'll see those fence pieces in the next modular? :p

In other news: my Saturn V package is in Belgium allready, let's hope it leaves with the delivery guy soon. Would be great to build a stage a day over the long weekend

In fact, besides Ninjago stuff, I think the chances are fair that the next modular will be Chinese themed. If Parisian Restaurant drops out along with Palace Cinema, there would definitely be space for something like that.

Osahi

Shit, my Saturn V is still in the depot in Antwerp. If it was to be delivered today, it should have been with the carrier already. I fear I'll only get it tuesday :( (Don't think DHL delivers on saturdays in Belgium. They might transfer it to BPost, but those guys have the tendency to just not ring the bell and dump a note in the mailbox saying you can pick it up at the post office the next day (which would also be tuesday) )

In fact, besides Ninjago stuff, I think the chances are fair that the next modular will be Chinese themed. If Parisian Restaurant drops out along with Palace Cinema, there would definitely be space for something like that.

Would be cool, though I don't know which building it could be, and I think they'll avoid a Chinese style building for a while as they allready had a Cinese Theater like cinema. I rather expect them to try other architectural styles. Maybe southern europe style buildings? A renaissance palace type thing?

Does anybody know btw if the double VIP in july is US only, or will Europe join the party? If so I would probably get the carousel + motor functions.

Nitemare1

Bought the Speeder Bike set, and it really is a stealth, low piece count UCS set. It's fantastic and looks great.

There is one thing that annoyed me though, and please correct me if I'm wrong...

Is this the first time they've photoshoped the sticker lines out?

30jyvO9.png

You look at that and there is no visible line at all that there's a sticker on that piece.

By contrast, even with the recent snowspeeder, you can tell it's a sticker on the box.

dzZwlZ4.png

Would have bought it anyways, but I feel lied to on this set in regards to it's presentation. Even the pictures on the LEGO site of the completed set make it look like no stickers.

I looks to me close up that the speederbike on the box is a cg render of the set. Does lego do that? The snowspeeder looks more like an actual photograph .

mclem

My word, that was (probably) quick: Just had a big parcel arrive that I'm pretty sure is the Sat5.

Wasn't expecting delivery until some time next week.

iosefe

I looks to me close up that the speederbike on the box is a cg render of the set. Does lego do that? The snowspeeder looks more like an actual photograph .
Never. It's always carefully posed pictures edited together

Maybe someone touched it up though, some recent hire

Taisaijin

Never. It's always carefully posed pictures

Actually Kwik-E-Mart (was perhaps the first) and plenty of others come to mind that, for whatever reason, have entirely CG box renders and marketing assets instead of the traditional touched up photo source.

Check the gap consistency between elements and it's a dead giveaway.

Osahi

My word, that was (probably) quick: Just had a big parcel arrive that I'm pretty sure is the Sat5.

Wasn't expecting delivery until some time next week.

Mine is still at the DHL depot. :( Arrived there around midnight, so it should've been out for delivery today, but nope... Ah well, tuesday it is, unless I get a suprise saterday delivery.

DBT85

Can it be July the 1st already please. Need to order Saturn V
and probably Slave 1, or Big Ben, or Tower Bridge, or Tie Fighter.

And now I've decided I want Wall-e too. fuck you all.

DBT85

I just bought Wall-e 21303. You're all bad people.

My first LEGO set in a long time.

Now the question is, do I keep this one sealed or not.

And now I bought 21108 Ecto-1 as well.

What have you done to me.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Wall-e is beautiful. One of a fairly small (IMO) list of sculptural Lego that is really close to the source materials. I'd put the VW Camper and Saturn V in the same pile and probably UCS R2D2

Osahi

If you would only buy one set, you can't go wrong with Wall-E. It's still one of my all time favourites and one I'll never take apart.

Why on earth would you keep it sealed

I never bothered to open mine either. I've picked up a lot of Ideas sets with the intent to build them (Research Institute, Caterham, Mars Rover etc.) and they're still sealed.

Actually because of some pickups during sales the Maze is now the only one I don't have. I'm not going to hunt down the sub or satellite so I think I'm cleared from any sense of obligation to get it.

I never bothered to open mine either. I've picked up a lot of Ideas sets with the intent to build them (Research Institute, Caterham, Mars Rover etc.) and they're still sealed.

Actually because of some pickups during sales the Maze is now the only one I don't have. I'm not going to hunt down the sub or satellite so I think I'm cleared from any sense of obligation to get it.

Oh I mean, I have sets I haven't gotten to yet because warehouse deals breaks my impulse control. Planning to love those poor shiny robot eyes in the box forever though....

Koren

I have plently of sealed sets (lack of time, lack of display space...) but I think it would be sad not building it, it's a wonderful set... still on my desk.

Granted, for different reasons, I have one sealed (bought four, gifted two of those, built one, so one remains for now) so I cheat a bit.

Ryuuroden

Haha. Welp I was designing a hzd thunderjaw out of Lego. I kind of figured someone would beat me to it so at least I hadn't invested too much time into it yet. Was going to be my first ideas submission and I was going to tweet it to gg to try to get an invite to their studio. Plans dashed and I'm going to be way too busy now for the next couple months to put more time into it.

Edit:. Apparently it would of been rejected anyways due to content.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Now I'm looking up the instructions for the old, much smaller Saturn V. Looks like fairly standard parts which should be cheap to bricklink?

DBT85

Why on earth would you keep it sealed

If you would only buy one set, you can't go wrong with Wall-E. It's still one of my all time favourites and one I'll never take apart.

Oh I mean, I have sets I haven't gotten to yet because warehouse deals breaks my impulse control. Planning to love those poor shiny robot eyes in the box forever though....

Fear not. It was more a question of do I buy one to make and one to keep or not. I will be building Wall-e! Just not the sealed one. Lol.

Top Bottom