• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Haines

Banned
Is there a link explaining what double points are for Lego? I have to buy from the site right? So this is just a way to save on the bigger sets that don't go on sale or?

DonShula

Is there a link explaining what double points are for Lego? I have to buy from the site right? So this is just a way to save on the bigger sets that don't go on sale or?

Yes, buy from the site or a Lego retail store. You don't save any money at the time of purchase but you get points that you can convert to money to spend later. Typically you get $5 in points for every $100 you spend. Double points would be $10 for every $100 you spend. You need to be a VIP (free to sign up) to get points.

Decided to disassemble my Exo Suit and a few other small kits, mostly Creator, and try my hand at building Mobile Frame Zero-style mechs. Aaaand I may have bought a bunch of polybags and smaller kits from bricklink and Amazon for more parts.

I'll have to post my first attempt later. It's pretty fun!

Saw Wonder Woman. I'm fine with the LEGO design of Ares, less generic looking than the movie version. Do wish we got
the bomber as a big set with Doctor Poison and a small-ish set with some of the Amazons(maybe call it "Diana's Training"?)

IronRinn

Got the Saturn V this weekend and put it together in one sitting. Amazing set. Really interesting to put together and fucking HUGE when it's done.

Does the LEGO website really not ship items individually? I bought the Ultimate Tie-Fighter and the Saturn V. The TF is in stock but the Saturn V is backordered until July 13th but the order is just sitting there. So now I have to wait until July to get the item that's in stock? The fuck?

Experien

Does the LEGO website really not ship items individually? I bought the Ultimate Tie-Fighter and the Saturn V. The TF is in stock but the Saturn V is backordered until July 13th but the order is just sitting there. So now I have to wait until July to get the item that's in stock? The fuck?

I think they ship what's available. They did that for me for Star Wars Day, I got like three shipments.

Taisaijin

Can Ghost or the regs clear up some old rumoring that I may have wrong - is there a confirmed third round of TLBM sets AND the possibility of another TLBM CMF line or are we done with this latest batch?

The last I read the plan was for CMF Ninjago and potentially another Disney line (cancelled?) before we'd see another "classic" CMF series return.

Also, if you haven't yet grabbed the custom-yet-so-legit chrome spacemen from Mr. Waller, you have no excuse. Glorious.

Ponn

Banned
Can Ghost or the regs clear up some old rumoring that I may have wrong - is there a confirmed third round of TLBM sets AND the possibility of another TLBM CMF line or are we done with this latest batch?

The last I read the plan was for CMF Ninjago and potentially another Disney line (cancelled?) before we'd see another "classic" CMF series return.

Also, if you haven't yet grabbed the custom-yet-so-legit chrome spacemen from Mr. Waller, you have no excuse. Glorious.

I wouldn't count on another round of TLBM CMF, haven't heard anything even rumored about something like that. There is an extremely strong rumor though of another small round of TLBM sets backed up by pictures in that TLBM book. The rumors I heard were I believe 3 sets that included an Egghead mech with Egghead fig and Condiment King as the stand out figs.

Hey you know what guys, I have a strong intense feeling that we aren't going to get any news about the UCS Falcon today. I could be wrong, but its just a gut feeling i'm having.

Koren

No, they'll definitively split the order. Just give it a couple days.

I've seen them split a couple of my orders when there was a ~5 days delay on one of the sets.

DonShula

If you have a Walmart nearby, check Brickseek for the constraction speeder bike set. Someone pulled a whoopsie on the price and marked it as $6.97. Showing this price at multiple stores in my area.

55126263 is the SKU.

If you have a Walmart nearby, check Brickseek for the constraction speeder bike set. Someone pulled a whoopsie on the price and marked it as $6.97. Showing this price at multiple stores in my area.

55126263 is the SKU.

Ohh just checked and it showed up at 6.97 in the 4 closest stores near me.

Wonder if they'll still be there tomorrow.

TheFuzz

55126263 is the SKU.

DonShula, you magnificent human being, thank you!!!

Local Walmart showed 2, went in and found one, scanned at 6.97! Looked for awhile trying to find a second to give to Supa and no dice.

This was in the Atlanta area.

I anxiously await a ghostmind gif.

Apparently at stores where it's marked at full price, it still scans for $6.97 from what a couple people reported over on BrickPicker

Nope. Well, not at the price scanners. Didnt try at the register though. Had them try scanning it at one and it just froze the system up.

mrkgoo

Looks like the 31070 Turbo Track Racer is starting to appear in stores...this looks cool, anyone have any options on it?

Looks like the 31070 Turbo Track Racer is starting to appear in stores...this looks cool, anyone have any options on it?

You want opinions? I got opinions!

All of us here lamenting that we haven't heard of a new Creator expert vehicle this year and LEGO goes and stealth releases it.

So good. Like a very slightly smaller scale Creator Expert vehicle, but with some great SNOT work in there. Like some weird mishmash of the Mini Cooper and Ferrari. It isn't as good as those sets, but the scale and price makes this an absolutely killer set.

Also, kinda hidden but not well advertised action feature of it.

Very, very highly recommended. Dark horse entry of the year so far for me. I expected a good time with this, but not this good.

TLDR version:

giphy.gif

mrkgoo

You want opinions? I got opinions!

TLDR version:

Awesome, thanks!

(DAMN YOU ALL)

Lol, haven't bout a lego set since volkswagen beetle, but I love that and the ferrari. For some reason, I've been getting transformers more than lego. Turbo Track Racer looks so cool.

edit: gonna edit out Shia, I love that gif, but there's such a thing as too much Lebouf.

Turbo Track Racer is the closest we are going to get to a Ferrari or Beetle set this year, unless they surprise us.
As I said in the quoted post, it isn't up to the level of the Creator Expert cars, but it comes close. The lower price and easy availability makes it an easier sell.

EDIT: And still waiting for Marcos Bessa to respond to me on Twitter. Asked him if it was his set since there is a fire extinguisher in it, and fire extinguishers are Bessa's quirky trademark on sets.

mrkgoo

Turbo Track Racer is the closest we are going to get to a Ferrari or Beetle set this year, unless they surprise us.
As I said in the quoted post, it isn't up to the level of the Creator Expert cars, but it comes close. The lower price and easy availability makes it an easier sell.

I went back to your original post to get some more impressions.

Looks sweet. I think I figured out the action feature too.

Do we know the designer of this set?

It's funny because my toddler son has for some reason gotten into cars. He loves messing about with my lego ones. Man, I gotta pick this up some time. Cheers!

I went back to your original post to get some more impressions.

Looks sweet. I think I figured out the action feature too.

Do we know the designer of this set?

It's funny because my toddler son has for some reason gotten into cars. He loves messing about with my lego ones. Man, I gotta pick this up some time. Cheers!

The box kind of gives away the feature, but the picture is vague enough and doesn't quite sell how giggle inducing it was to see it implemented. I mean, you see it coming a mile away, but when you first activate it it feels so good for some silly reason.

As for the designer, I am not sure. It doesn't have the weird angles and clips of Psiaki. But the fire extinguisher is the thing that just makes me think it is Marcos Bessa. Perhaps if I did the alt builds it would illuminate some things.

gsrjedi

No luck at any of the Walmarts near me that Brickseek said had stock of the $6.97 Scout Trooper. One actually had a shelf tag that said $6.97

No luck at any of the Walmarts near me that Brickseek said had stock of the $6.97 Scout Trooper. One actually had a shelf tag that said $6.97

Have a feeling the speculators and not the builders snatched them all up with a quickness.
I will admit, I would buy the store out if it were that cheap, but mainly because I thought about getting them as christmas gifts anyways.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
I was able to snag one of the $7 Biker Scouts and Speeder Bikes from Walmart this evening. There was only one at the store near me, and it was hidden way back on the top overstock shelf. I literally had to do a bit of shelf climbing to reach up and grab it (I'm kinda short).

Still, totally worth it for such an amazing deal.

Of course, I'm going to be moving in a couple weeks, so the set needs to get tossed with the Saturn V in the "I really shouldn't open/build these sets before I have to start packing" pile. At least I'll have something to do when I get settled into the new digs.

Osahi

Prices on the new wave are already coming down on Amazon.de. Scout Trooper is allready over 10 euro's of. Quad Jumper has dipped below 50 euro's...

Going to wait untill the Scout trooper drops below 40 before biting the bullet.

DBT85

Woop, my first LEGO set in many many years has arrived and it's Ecto-1 21108.

Very excited. Sadly I'm at work tonight and tomorrow so it'll have to wait till Thursday or Friday.

Also a new personal bonding moment wit the postie as I was in my pants when I answered the door lol.

Longer term question is whether I add the Firestation and Ecto 1&2 to the collection.

_Rob_

Woop, my first LEGO set in many many years has arrived and it's Ecto-1 21108.

Very excited. Sadly I'm at work tonight and tomorrow so it'll have to wait till Thursday or Friday.

Also a new personal bonding moment wit the postie as I was in my pants when I answered the door lol.

Longer term question is whether I add the Firestation and Ecto 1&2 to the collection.

I'm sure the postie was just jealous of the freedom! The Firestation looks incredible, I just wish it wasn't so expensive!

mrkgoo

The box kind of gives away the feature, but the picture is vague enough and doesn't quite sell how giggle inducing it was to see it implemented. I mean, you see it coming a mile away, but when you first activate it it feels so good for some silly reason.

As for the designer, I am not sure. It doesn't have the weird angles and clips of Psiaki. But the fire extinguisher is the thing that just makes me think it is Marcos Bessa. Perhaps if I did the alt builds it would illuminate some things.

Fire extinguisher? that's gotta be a giveaway right? Isn't that like a signature part he includes in models? I only recall the black panther jet (which is AWESOME).

I was able to snag one of the $7 Biker Scouts and Speeder Bikes from Walmart this evening. There was only one at the store near me, and it was hidden way back on the top overstock shelf. I literally had to do a bit of shelf climbing to reach up and grab it (I'm kinda short).

Still, totally worth it for such an amazing deal.

Of course, I'm going to be moving in a couple weeks, so the set needs to get tossed with the Saturn V in the "I really shouldn't open/build these sets before I have to start packing" pile. At least I'll have something to do when I get settled into the new digs.

I mean, obviously you don't, but at SOME level does anyone feel guilty when they take advantage of an obvious pricing error? I always feel a little bit guilty, like I'm knowingly ripping them off.

Yeah, I know it's a big company, and it means dilly squat in the end to them, but for me it's the principle. (I still do it)

DBT85

I mean, obviously you don't, but at SOME level does anyone feel guilty when they take advantage of an obvious pricing error? I always feel a little bit guilty, like I'm knowingly ripping them off.

Yeah, I know it's a big company, and it means dilly squat in the end to them, but for me it's the principle. (I still do it)
Small shop on wouldn't do it as it can literally be someone's livelihood, but the huge national stores I do it in a heartbeat.

TheFuzz

Fire extinguisher? that's gotta be a giveaway right? Isn't that like a signature part he includes in models? I only recall the black panther jet (which is AWESOME).

I have enough negative experience with Walmart over the years that it negates any guilt. I don't try to swindle them but they're always a big pain when it comes to customer service and pricematching. Tried to give them a bunch of money for Switch stuff before the launch date and they refused to sell anything OR remove it from the shelf, too.

DonShula

DonShula, you magnificent human being, thank you!!!

Local Walmart showed 2, went in and found one, scanned at 6.97! Looked for awhile trying to find a second to give to Supa and no dice.

This was in the Atlanta area.

I anxiously await a ghostmind gif.

Glad I could help!

Might go find one for myself around lunchtime today. My closest stores are OOS but the next closest tier still show stock.

DonShula

Some of these are actually shelf-tagged with the $6.97 price from the pics I've seen.

I wouldn't feel any more guilty about it than Walmart feels guilty about running local grocery chains out of business. 😄

TheFuzz

Anyone know of any decent designs for a Ranger spacecraft from Interstellar? The ones I've seen look like they will collapse if touched and it's hard to see the connection points and techniques.

Boogiepop

Man, that's disappointing. Went to Walmart yesterday morning, hoping for the discounted buildable figures like K2SO and Grievous people mentioned, but there was nothing being clearanced far as I can tell. Saw the bike while I was there but the sticker on the shelf showed full price. Now I check brickseek, and it says the discounted price for the store I was at... but now it says zero stock. If only I had learned of this just a little sooner...

Ponn

Banned
Opened my four more CMF packs I got from Lego Shop. I really lucked out with all these packs, only got one double and it was the hot dog vendor which isn't a bad double to get. Man they messed up on these serving trays though, they really need studs on the top of them to hold pieces. Got warrior lady and Highway man too! Just going to order a Banana guy and I will be done with this wave.

Top Bottom