• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Koren

$25 and looks complete.
Out of curiosity, what are you doing with those?

Also, it's annoying, I can't remember if I have this one (received it when I was a child, I mean)... Somehow, I remember a yellow castle older than the grey ones, but some details don't click. Mostly, the shields with crowns seems a bit too pink and... is the shield on the wall a sticker? I sure don't remember having a shield printed on a brick. and if the set is 1981, it's a bit too early, I wonder how much time they were available at this time.

On the other hand, I remember most of the other shields well, and owning some distinctive parts, such as those 3087c red square front lights (although I don't remember them used for a window). And this castle re-edition is basically the only set produced after my birth that have them, if I'm not mistaken.

I should really do an inventory of my old sets... I remember 95% of them, even tiny boxes, but those 5% are annoying.

tuffy

Also, it's annoying, I can't remember if I have this one (received it when I was a child, I mean)... Somehow, I remember a yellow castle older than the grey ones, but some details don't click. Mostly, the shields with crowns seems a bit too pink and... is the shield on the wall a sticker? I sure don't remember having a shield printed on a brick. and if the set is 1981, it's a bit too early, I wonder how much time they were available at this time.
I still have most of the bits of my yellow castle lying around in storage somewhere. It definitely predates the gray castles (and their tall gray wall pieces) and it even predates horse minifigs. It also has no printed pieces; all the shields, armor and wall decorations were stickers.

I spent a lot of my childhood recycling all those yellow bricks and big green baseplates into countless constructions over the years.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I couldn't decide so I bought both.
wZIRMkZ.jpg
Still have the Saturn V, unopened, but I'm waiting until I'm back from vacation and have more time to start it.

wetwired

Just saw Wonder Woman, the set seems a bit off after seeing the film

Ares looks nothing like he does in the film, Steve Trevor has brown hair where it looks decidedly more blonde in the film.

This part is more forgivable but the plane in the film is more like the one ST crashes at the beginning of the film, not the one at the end that he well...y'know

Just saw Wonder Woman, the set seems a bit off after seeing the film

Ares looks nothing like he does in the film, Steve Trevor has brown hair where it looks decidedly more blonde in the film.

This part is more forgivable but the plane in the film is more like the one ST crashes at the beginning of the film, not the one at the end that he well...y'know

All I have to say in regards to LEGO sets is this:

lego-iron-man-vs-the-mandarin-ultimate-showdown-set-76008-15-1.jpg

Haines

Banned

It's been a while but isn't there a twist at the end of iron man 3?

Isn't that possibly to just to cover it up?

Wall E is 200 Canadian on amazon here. What did it go for originally?
Looks like about 160 CDN on eBay here

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I believe it was $60US originally

DBT85

Yeah. $60usd at retail, $80usd sealed on bricklink.com now.

I got a sealed one for £68 posted and literally just won a used but complete and good condition set for £46 posted.

So my modern LEGO collection comprises of 2 sealed Ecto-1s and a sealed Wall-e anda used Wall-e. lol.

Koren

This set? I'll probably build it tomorrow and display for a while. Then I'll break it down and stick it in the attic until the day I can have a huge lego room.
Interesting... I'm lacking space for display purposes, and I think modern sets are nicer on display, so I don't really know what to do with old sets myself...

I spent a lot of my childhood recycling all those yellow bricks and big green baseplates into countless constructions over the years.
Well, I sure had a lot of yellow pieces, including hinges, arches, big slopes and they must come from somewhere. The airport, bike shop, train, vacation house etc. have brought some of those bricks, but not all of them... I really want to check.

wetwired

I could understand that one somewhat, the whole mandarin thing was a twist and I guess thy were struggling with a way to come up with a small fun set based off that movie.

In reality if they did the climax of that movie we'd have a basic crane construction with some crates and a fuckton of awesome Iron Man variant minifigs.

I need to pick up the UCS Tie before it goes away.

So sick I didn't catch it on the deep discounts.

That's going to be one of those "damn, why didn't I get it when it was available" sets because the price is so high x kinda meh
$100 I'd totally buy it but $200? Nah
Slave 1 at $200 is 😎 But that, nope

Currently building Saturn V and same as with Blue Power Jet the other week, what is UP with Lego's QC recently? I mean, i have had an entire batch of blue slope pieces in Blue Power Jet SCRATCHED (each on the same exact spot) and now with Saturn V the green double cheese slopes each have a scratchline in them as well. This may be nitpicking but i feel like it never was this blatant before or am i imagining things? Anyone else notice this?

Honestly never paid that much attention to the bricks unless it was actually cracked. Only had one brick crack and it was a white 1x1 cheese slope.

TheFuzz

Currently building Saturn V and same as with Blue Power Jet the other week, what is UP with Lego's QC recently? I mean, i have had an entire batch of blue slope pieces in Blue Power Jet SCRATCHED (each on the same exact spot) and now with Saturn V the green double cheese slopes each have a scratchline in them as well. This may be nitpicking but i feel like it never was this blatant before or am i imagining things? Anyone else notice this?

Haven't noticed anything at all through my 3 bags.

I see scuffs on pieces now and then, but that would be natural for being in a bag with other sharp edges. Never seen consistent scratches though.

Although, aren't any green parts hidden on the inside anyway?

DBT85

That's going to be one of those "damn, why didn't I get it when it was available" sets because the price is so high x kinda meh

Slave 1 also came out earlier by a few months so I'd imagine would be the first to retire. If I decide to head in that dire5during double points it'll be Slave and Saturn V. Might be Saturn V and Tower Bridge tho.

Weevilone

Yeah I agree. The sale prices it hit were appropriate, I think. Unfortunately I wasn't paying attention at that time. Keep hoping it discounts again.

R-User!

I've seen what you've seen before, and I think it's an after affect from a certain mold or perhaps just a byproduct of the shape of that element and the plastic drying causing a warping effect... or I may be mistaken. Pics would be interesting...

Bag 9 of Saturn V was the most "boring" but the finishing touches in bag 10 are so good. I loved how the clips for the vents were colour coded for that second layer. The section at the top that narrows is amazing too.

I've seen what you've seen before, and I think it's an after affect from a certain mold or perhaps just a byproduct of the shape of that element and the plastic drying causing a warping effect... or I may be mistaken. Pics would be interesting...

37O7hmD.jpg

May be kinda hard to see at first as it is REALLY obvious in natural light but yeah, look at the green pieces, you can see the exact same "scratch" or mold imperfection line across all the pieces

DonShula

The last few sets I've opened have seemed a bit off to me as well but they've all been Star Wars. Some of the pieces have looked cloudy, for lack of a better term. They weren't as bad as the knockoff stuff but they still looked like what I'd consider "used."

DonShula

The UCS TIE was $130ish several times this past holiday season at Walmart (online, not just sparse store clearance). I believe Amazon matched it a few times as well.

My Flatiron building had that on every curved slope. I sent a request for new parts and all of those had it too. It's probably from the mold.

37O7hmD.jpg

May be kinda hard to see at first as it is REALLY obvious in natural light but yeah, look at the green pieces, you can see the exact same "scratch" or mold imperfection line across all the pieces
Yeah, it's a result of the molding process. I'm building the Hulk brickhead right now and those pieces have the same line.

papluh

maybe worth checking comparing the packaging line based on the stickers
My Saturn V has 11S7 which means 11th week of 2017 and packet at Kladno Czech Rep (S code).
Kladno does not have moulding plant (yet?) and takes parts from Billund

On the other hand if the other set would be made in Mexico (R code) would be strange to see the same artifact as they should have own moulding line.

Question: If LEGO did a minifigure series of just DC characters, which 16 figures would you want? Only 1 rule and that is that there has to be at least 1 Flash, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern figure.

Ponn

Banned
Thinking of brick link the first Milano ship... It would be cheaper than buying the set right??

It's about $100 new on Amazon right now. That's still not too bad for a retired set. There are some big stickers in the set and the figs are unique compared to new set, especially the Ronan gig. I'd probably just bite the bullet and get the set.

Question: If LEGO did a minifigure series of just DC characters, which 16 figures would you want? Only 1 rule and that is that there has to be at least 1 Flash, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern figure.

I'd want Red Son variants of the Trinity. A parallax GL or Kingdom Come armor Gl, or both. I'd want a Black Racer Flash but there's enough possibilities I'd be happy with whatever we get. At least we are finally getting Reverse Flash. Shit a whole CMF line based on Blackest Night and or Sinesto Corps war alone would be so freaking great. Superboy Prime with armor, Atrocitus, Bleez, Sodam Yat, kilowag, Dexstarr, Saint Walker, Star Sapphire, Larfleeze. I'd want a set to get an Antimonitor big fig though. Oh and Zatanna and Hawk Girl. It's ridiculous the money they are leaving on the table by not doing CMF lines for Super Heroes from DC and Marvel.

Oh and yea, a freaking Saturn Girl Lego!!

Top Bottom