• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

DBT85

Might have just got a bargain. More to follow!

So... I might have nabbed a sealed 10225 R2-D2 for £160 posted. They usually sell for £260.

Paypal payment of course and I've got the tracking number and ParcelFarce say they've got it.

I shall count my chickens once its here and I'm satisfied.

London Bus 10258

This year's Creator Expert vehicle!
VIP Release on July 17th
$119.99
Removable roof, detailed interior

Credit to cm4sci for the info.

Probably added to my list, need to see it tho.

London Bus 10258

VIP Release on July 17th
$119.99

Hummm... For that price, I would not expect more than 1.500 pieces, a number quite low for a large bus if they keep the scale. May not be on scale itu other Expert Creator vehicles, which is kind of a let down.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Creator London Bus sounds really neat.

Picked up LEGO Batman Movie today. Went with the Best Buy steelbook and got the last one.

Koren

Hummm... For that price, I would not expect more than 1.500 pieces, a number quite low for a marte bus if they keep the scale. May not be on scale itu other Expert Creator vehicles, which is kind of a let down.
Yes, I'm feeling the same... This may makes me skip it, I'm already annoyed by the fact that SW US are all different scales.

But they couldn't really do a bus at the same scale, it would be 50-60 centimeters long... Out of the creator vehicules league, I think (though I would have ruled out Saturn V size for Ideas)

R-User!

London Bus 10258

VIP Release on July 17th
$119.99

Wow! The interior should be pretty nice to look at and build. I wonder if it can unseat the VW Van for best bus/van style Creator set!

Osahi

Yes! We do get an Expert Vehicle this year. I din't have affinity with the bus though.

An official announcement should be imminent, right?

Ponn

Banned
Telling y'all. Turbo Track Racer is the thing to scratch that itch.

I finally watched Jang's review on that set and when he got to the "special feature" the M.A.S.K. theme song immediately started going through my head. I may have to pick it up for that reason.

I finally watched Jang's review on that set and when he got to the "special feature" the M.A.S.K. theme song immediately started going through my head. I may have to pick it up for that reason.

Watched his review. BAH! He spoils the best part of the set, and then says it is only worth it on sale. BAH! Worth it at full price.

However, it being a Creator set available everywhere, it should go on sale frequently. It should be a no brainer purchase at any discount.

And again, shame on him for spoiling the hidden feature of the set!
Not really shame. I know why he did it, and it is a great way to hype up the set. But the discovery of that moment was one of my favorite things about building it.

Alright Rogue One and Force Awakens figs. You've been in your special bins long enough.

You may not think you're a Jedi, Rebel affiliate, Empire personnel, Sith, Neutral participant, Droid, Bounty Hunter, Clone or Stormtrooper....but you are.

aijjzcn.jpg

Actually now that I'm sorting them it raises an interesting question for those up to date on Rebels:

Does Kallus go in the Empire or Rebels bin?

DBT85

As it should be.

If I have any figs at all, they are in a box in my mums loft from many moons ago!

Oh, and my Wall-e all finished up.

Such a nice model and a great one to get back into LEGO with.

Ponn

Banned
Alright Rogue One and Force Awakens figs. You've been in your special bins long enough.

You may not think you're a Jedi, Rebel affiliate, Empire personnel, Sith, Neutral participant, Droid, Bounty Hunter, Clone or Stormtrooper....but you are.

Actually now that I'm sorting them it raises an interesting question for those up to date on Rebels:

Does Kallus go in the Empire or Rebels bin?

Goes in the "You are part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor!" pile.

Osahi

Telling y'all. Turbo Track Racer is the thing to scratch that itch.

Yeah, after your initial write-up I actually contemplated getting it. Stood with the box in hand for a while in the toyshop, but decided to not to get it. Part of the appeal of the Expert-line is that it are real vehicles with lots of detail. This one would stand out too much in the line-up. Also, the play feature is incredibly neat, but it would literaly be the only thing I'd buy this set for.

It's that it doesn't realy fit in how I approach Lego: mainly for fun and complex builds + display purposes, so I gravitate to movie sets and expert models...

Ponn

Banned
I have it. It's....okay. Even the figs are just meh since most are in the orange jumpsuits.

That's actually why I want it. I got a few figs in jumpsuits with the previous Arkham set and this one would round them out. Batman gotta catch em all right? Plus the Aaron Cash fig, that's gonna be one of those rare ones.

Ravek

Banned
That's actually why I want it. I got a few figs in jumpsuits with the previous Arkham set and this one would round them out. Batman gotta catch em all right? Plus the Aaron Cash fig, that's gonna be one of those rare ones.

Well then, in your case it's a decent parts set with great minifigs!

_Rob_

Managed to get two 31050's for £15 a pop! So I figured I'd combine them with some surplus bricks I had lying about and turn my hand to a (half size) modular style sandwich shop. The idea was to keep the overall feel of the Creator set but bring it up to not look too out of place next to the official modulars.

EaGQ7Ji.jpg

Haha, also looking on Amazon, the official description for set 31065 contains:
aNxIk2V.png

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01J41DNZ4/

otapnam

Managed to get two 31050's for £15 a pop! So I figured I'd combine them with some surplus bricks I had lying about and turn my hand to a (half size) modular style sandwich shop. The idea was to keep the overall feel of the Creator set but bring it up to not look too out of place next to the official modulars.

EaGQ7Ji.jpg

Lol i just built my 31050 and saw a thread about using em for moc. Nice job !

Osahi

Is the Wonder Woman vs Ares set exclysive5to s@h in Europe? Can't find it on any webshop of local toy shops, and on Amazon it's expensive as hell (I guess external sellers)

Saw the movie yesterday and liked it enough to want this set :p

Maengun1

Huh, Lego has really been into London stuff lately

Bus sounds kinda cool but I will 99% be skipping it...I didn't get the camper van either. For whatever reason only the cars tempt me. I really want an american muscle car :/

iosefe

Is the Wonder Woman vs Ares set exclysive5to s@h in Europe? Can't find it on any webshop of local toy shops, and on Amazon it's expensive as hell (I guess external sellers)

Saw the movie yesterday and liked it enough to want this set :p
Yes. In the US I believe its a Toys r Us retail exclusive

mrklaw

MrArseFace
So anyone into classic Lego Space will totally be into this:

https://youtu.be/w-NOioSj3b0

:hugs early access lego worlds virtually even though I haven't played since it first came out:

This looks fantastic.

Huh, Lego has really been into London stuff lately

Bus sounds kinda cool but I will 99% be skipping it...I didn't get the camper van either. For whatever reason only the cars tempt me. I really want an american muscle car :/

oh man, the camper is the GOAT expert creator vehicle.

Osahi

Yes. In the US I believe its a Toys r Us retail exclusive

Ah, sucks. Chances for a pricedrop are non-existent now (price per part is a bit steep). And even at full price it's too low to get free shipping from Lego... There aren't any small sets I want to pad my order...

Ravek

Banned
So I think I'm finally gonna bite the bullet and get a modular. I've always wanted Palace Cinema despite its shortcomings that I've heard of and seen. Is it still presumed to be the next retiring soon modular set?

DonShula

So I think I'm finally gonna bite the bullet and get a modular. I've always wanted Palace Cinema despite its shortcomings that I've heard of and seen. Is it still presumed to be the next retiring soon modular set?

Most people think it will be either that or Parisian Restaurant to retire next.

Osahi

Ordered Palace Cinema...I'll prob end up getting Parisian Restaurant next month if I like it.

Palace Cinema is probably going out first. It looks great once build, but the experience itself is a bit tedious and apart from the roof and the sign, there aren't as much 'holy shit'-techniques the other recent modulars have. It's actually a good entry point to the line, as it can only go uphill from there (and it is still a great set)

Parisian Restaurant is GOAT, and is a must have. Charming, detailed, fun building experience, some incredible techniques... It's absolutely amazing.

mclem

London Bus 10258

VIP Release on July 17th
$119.99

Are the existing Creator Experts to the same scale as one another? If they are, that's going to be pretty huge; I've only made the T1, and a London Bus is about three times as long!

Osahi

Are the existing Creator Experts to the same scale as one another? If they are, that's going to be pretty huge; I've only made the T1, and a London Bus is about three times as long!

I'm not sure, but I don't think so. I guess it might be of a similar size as the CW Camper, maybe a bit bigger.

Koren

Are the existing Creator Experts to the same scale as one another?
For available ones, I'm pretty sure they are... Maybe not exactly, but there's no issue putting one alongside another.

For coming ones, I don't think it's a rule.

If they are, that's going to be pretty huge; I've only made the T1, and a London Bus is about three times as long!
Depends...

London buses range from 8 meters to 15 meters. I can see them producing an AEC Routemaster, which is 8.38 meters long, about twice the T1.

Still, I can't see themselves going for scale on this one, especially given the price. That's disappointing :/

Osahi

For available ones, I'm pretty sure they are... Maybe not exactly, but there's no issue putting one alongside another.

For coming ones, I don't think it's a rule.

Depends...

London buses range from 8 meters to 15 meters. I can see them producing an AEC Routemaster, which is 8.38 meters long, about twice the T1.

Still, I can't see themselves going for scale on this one, especially given the price. That's disappointing :/

It's based on line 9 from what I heard.

wp-image-1584043490.jpg

papluh

There is one thing to consider and that is wheels. There are not many to be used. The current Expert vehicles use one diameter and two widths 30/14 and 30/20. Then there are 3 tires with Ø43,2 (wide and narrow) and Ø49.53.
The next one commonly used are the ones on Technic models like Arocs and the bus would be huge, like this huge https://s4.postimg.org/myk96ud65/IMG_20160825_075525.jpg Not even counting how many bricks would be needed to make interior in this scale. For that amount the price would have to be almost double.

While there is some creativity in sizing, generally they cannot be too much off otherwise the proportions would look strange.

So let's say if they kept the wheel size from VW camper, the bus might have size similar to this, give or take 10-20% in some directions. In real life the bus would have been double the lenght of the VW T1.
EZEgErC.gif

EaGQ7Ji.jpg

Haha, also looking on Amazon, the official description for set 31065 contains:
aNxIk2V.png

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01J41DNZ4/

Huh interesting solution there with the boardwalks... the eternal question is still being pondered in my mind, HOW to handle the boardwalks with my future modular city.

I was planning on raising ALL buildings on a custom brick built underconstruction and then have the roads (also brick built) be about 1 or 2 tiles lower in altitude.

All this exists only in my head so far since i have yet to actually build most recent modulars :(

Top Bottom