• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Picked up the hot dog truck. While I was there, I managed to identify the CMF Series 17 hot dog vendor from the dot code, even though it was locked in a security box - was pretty chuffed I managed to get it right.

QJACkRH.jpg

Looks pretty good, just need to decide what colours to substitute from the pinks and things. I noticed the sausage from the hot dog vendor pack was darker than the one from the set and wondered if they'd brightened it up with it being a Friends set but no, it's the hot dog vendor that is wrong. He's selling a burnt hot dog!

BahamutPT

@Portuguese LEGO GAF

El Corte Ingles is running a promo on lots of LEGO sets, including brand new ones.

Space Shuttle for 25€ or so.
Quadjumper for 48€, Bounty Hunter pack for less than 12€, U-Wing for less than 30€ and Y-Wing for around 60€.

Discounts go up to 50% depending on the set and set age.

Picked up the hot dog truck. While I was there, I managed to identify the CMF Series 17 hot dog vendor from the dot code, even though it was locked in a security box - was pretty chuffed I managed to get it right.

QJACkRH.jpg

Looks pretty good, just need to decide what colours to substitute from the pinks and things. I noticed the sausage from the hot dog vendor pack was darker than the one from the set and wondered if they'd brightened it up with it being a Friends set but no, it's the hot dog vendor that is wrong. He's selling a burnt hot dog!

Pink for white and the light blue for something else and it will be a City set. Will do that too.

I was thinking of going:
Pink to white
Light blue to whatever the slightly darker shade of yellow is called
Purple to navy blue (to match the tray)

Yellow! Red and yellow, ketchup and mustard!

I noticed that Blue Power Jet has disappeared from shelves and naturally that made me want it. But I have a ton of pieces already, so I picked out around 4-500 of them from the collective and put the rest in my wanted list. Since many places simply have parted out the set, it was easy to complete it. With shipping it didn't end up that bad, around 0.1€ per missing part, and I threw in Michael Knight and Aayla Secura as well. Even though they are expensive, it lets me strike those sets off my buy list.

Not paying €25 for a Lando though. I know the A-Wing is expensive and fairly useless, but holy crap.

DonShula

I noticed that Blue Power Jet has disappeared from shelves and naturally that made me want it. But I have a ton of pieces already, so I picked out around 4-500 of them from the collective and put the rest in my wanted list. Since many places simply have parted out the set, it was easy to complete it. With shipping it didn't end up that bad, around 0.1€ per missing part, and I threw in Michael Knight and Aayla Secura as well. Even though they are expensive, it lets me strike those sets off my buy list.

Not paying €25 for a Lando though. I know the A-Wing is expensive and fairly useless, but holy crap.

The A-Wing is a Toys R Us exclusive here and they're charging $43 for it. It's destined to be on languishing clearance like the Sith Infiltrator which was also grossly overpriced.

But if it has stickers, that automatically means it's not greatness...

I don't mind the other ones, but those four big window stickers to make the beetle's windows classical shape are a pain to align plus it kind of depreciate the greatness of the other areas curved shapes. But it is an impressive build.

Maengun1

I don't haaaate stickers as much as most people, but I really wish they would include another sheet with an extra of every single sticker in each set...I mean that certainly is not a huge cost to them. When I built the Mini Cooper I messed up several sticker placements and it bugged me so much I pulled them off and redid them, but then of course the edge you pulled off gets messed up and draws even more attention to the sticker :/

I'm sure you could request a second sheet for free but meh I never bothered it doesn't seem worth the hassle

DBT85

Is there not some magic technique for doing stickers like wetting the surface to allow you to move the sticker and then squeezing out the water?

More importantly, hello Wall-e!

Second hand set so no choice on mixing the parts up.

Feels awesome to be building LEGO again.

Osahi

Is there not some magic technique for doing stickers like wetting the surface to allow you to move the sticker and then squeezing out the water?

More importantly, hello Wall-e!

Second hand set so no choice on mixing the parts up.

Feels awesome to be building LEGO again.

Yes, with some light detergent, like window washing soap. I use a sprayfluid to clean whiteboards. Ad a drop, apply sticker, move it to it's perfect placement and wait until the alcohol in the fluid evaporates.

Haines

Banned
I finished the tmnt party wagon by mega blocks.

Kids want to play with it so shouldn't be long before all the parts have been lost lol.

Probably won't buy mega blocks again but it was fun to do some ninja turtle stuff

No stickers. They already have the stuff printed on the blocks. Maybe lego could do that?

So Toysrus are doing a web sale in Sweden and I noticed I could get 75149 for $58($27 off) and 75155 for $62($40 off). Those are good prices for those sets, right?

Ponn

Banned
Depressing day. Going through my stacks of backlog and sorting sets i'm going to sell. Spring cleaning. Have to be realistic that i'm never going to get to most of these sets and i need to crack down hard on impulse purchases and starting to collect other themes I shouldn't. Going to stick strictly to Super Hero theme and Creator only for modulars and occasional other awesome sets like fairground and christmas sets. My pile so far includes Ninjago stuff (Destinys bounty and misfortune keep), all the Star Wars Rogue One stuff, a couple rebels sets (combat frigate and AT-TE).

The really sad thing though, my backlog piles still don't look any smaller after sorting most of them out.

ghostmind

i've been suggesting them for ages. i might be the biggest constraction fan in this thread

I've never touched Bionicle/Hero Factory, but I'm all in for the Star Wars buildable figures.

I find it really relaxing and satisfying in doing a constraction build.

DonShula

Interview with the LEGO Star Wars design team: http://www.brothers-brick.com/2017/06/10/lego-star-wars-designers-answer-questions-stickers-set-redesigns-interview/

No upcoming set info/spoilers, but an interesting read nonetheless.

Thanks for posting this. Reading between the lines, it sounds like Kylo Ren's Shuttle will return at some point in the future. It also sounds like they have some killer stuff on the shelf that they consider too difficult for children to build.
I'm convinced UCS Cloud City exists now.

ghostmind

Thanks for posting this. Reading between the lines, it sounds like Kylo Ren's Shuttle will return at some point in the future. It also sounds like they have some killer stuff on the shelf that they consider too difficult for children to build.
I'm convinced UCS Cloud City exists now.

I'm torn on what to do about Kylo's Shuttle - I was going to do a complete conversion to its proper black color, and fix the wings, as JANG and others have done, but I get the feeling it's going to get another release, even if its a few years away.

i've been suggesting them for ages. i might be the biggest constraction fan in this thread

Longtime Bionicle fan here. I just finished my 2016 summer collection.

I do love constraction builds since I love Lego, I love the idea of action figures but not enough to buy them, so constraction sets are the nice middle where I can make new ones whenever I want.

Depressing day. Going through my stacks of backlog and sorting sets i'm going to sell. Spring cleaning. Have to be realistic that i'm never going to get to most of these sets and i need to crack down hard on impulse purchases and starting to collect other themes I shouldn't. Going to stick strictly to Super Hero theme and Creator only for modulars and occasional other awesome sets like fairground and christmas sets. My pile so far includes Ninjago stuff (Destinys bounty and misfortune keep), all the Star Wars Rogue One stuff, a couple rebels sets (combat frigate and AT-TE).

The really sad thing though, my backlog piles still don't look any smaller after sorting most of them out.
In the same boat. Just running out of space for sorted stuff. Going to have to break down some UCS stuff and add it in to make room. Going to be very picky about purchases now because of space and going back to school soon.

DBT85

Wall-e is complete! Had so much fun building him! Looking forward to Ecto-1 and beyond.

Building everything mixed up in a pot was fun, though I think I might need a bigger container for Saturn V lol.

Also, today I showed 2 women (32 and 36) and a guy (40) the magical brick separator. Everyone just went "why the fuck why didn't I have that when I was a kid?".

DonShula

Just opened a June Star Wars set and the cover of the instruction booklet is less glossy and more matte, for lack of a better term. Has a funny texture to it. Is this a new thing?

BahamutPT

Just opened a June Star Wars set and the cover of the instruction booklet is less glossy and more matte, for lack of a better term. Has a funny texture to it. Is this a new thing?

I just built the Bounty Hunter Speeder Bike and the cover does look like the Microfighters' ones.

Edit: But it's the same as Rey's Speeder Bike and K2SO constraction covers.

Edit 2: I was going to say it could be based on set/instruction booklet size, but I just looked at the instructions for Star Wars sets 75038, 75040 and 75041 and I have 2 "matte" and 1 "glossy", even though all booklets are the same size.

20% off all Lego Batman sets at TRU (except Arkham, although it was marked down), so I picked up the Scarecrow helicopter and that leisure suit Batman clamshell thing. I didn't see the Bane truck set or I would have bought that too.

Hey guys, I was in Atlanta for the weekend and I stopped by this mom and pop store called Atlanta Brick Company. AMAZING STORE AND REASONABLE PRICES! The whole staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. Highly recommended if you are in the area. They had a sith lightsaber that was "fun size" (aka smaller) and I wanted it full size so one of the workers sat there and built the rest of it for me.

Also, I posted a few pages back regarding Ultimate Batmobile and I am still stumped if anyone can help me out, that would be greatly appreciated! http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=239789965&postcount=4506

Pics of Lego Lightsaber:

vMu6viIl.jpg

CKkxavbl.jpg

8ILbY6kl.jpg

x7eRz7Rl.jpg

Top Bottom