• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

DBT85

So my £160 R2D2 has arrived. My wife has opened the parcel to reveal the box which looks ok and with seals, but I can't quite see if the seals have been lifted and put back down or not.

Not at home till Monday so won;t be able to check it and check the contents.

Not overly fussed even if its used as it was cheaper than usual, but it'll be the principal of it.

Even made my wife record a video of the parcel showing the tracking label and then her unwrapping it just in case there were any issues lol.

The parcel weight was within 17g of the weight I can find for the set boxed, and this came wrapped in brown paper so I think I'm good.

ghostmind

JnFotCZr.jpg

Thanks to CM4Sci

DBT85

Looks nice but does nothing for me at all. Probably for the best. So far I'm at about £100 a week spent since joining the thread lol.

I was digging around some boxes this evening looking for my collection of old concert tickets. I found these pieces at the bottom of a box - I'm guessing a one-off 90s present as it wasn't with my childhood LEGO.

Any ideas what set this may have come with? The sphere seems somewhat unique.

Jimbro72

I was digging around some boxes this evening looking for my collection of old concert tickets. I found these pieces at the bottom of a box - I'm guessing a one-off 90s present as it wasn't with my childhood LEGO.

Any ideas what set this may have come with? The sphere seems somewhat unique.

Set 4475 - Jabba's message. Should have been 3 figures that came with it, too.

Set 4475 - Jabba's message. Should have been 3 figures that came with it, too.

You move fast, Jimbro- thanks! I have zero recollection of getting this set. This came out when I got married - I was still a decade away from rediscovering LEGO. Weird.

I guess that explains why I have a super old Threepio fig in my collection!

No Bib though....hmm.....

Jimrpg

tn_31068_alt1_jpg.jpg

Does anyone know why this Modular Modern home is MSRP US$29 and RRP AU$59? I also noticed many places like KMart in Australia aren't stocking it either.

For comparisons sake - the Poolside villa is MSRP US$29 and RRP AU$29.

It seems odd as they both have about the same number of pieces 386 vs 356.

Osahi

Any news on when we might know anything about the voltron set in review?

The results of the next review period should be imminent. It's an incredible line-up this time, with multiple sets I would get day one if they were released. Too bad they will never be all made...

DonShula

The results of the next review period should be imminent. It's an incredible line-up this time, with multiple sets I would get day one if they were released. Too bad they will never be all made...

I would buy Venetian Houses at a high price.

Not even going to hope for Medieval Windmill or The Office because those have effectively zero percent chance of happening.

Oh, and that Wrangler... how that hasn't happened yet is insane. That ought to be a done deal minus licensing.

Osahi

Not even going to hope for Medieval Windmill or The Office because those have effectively zero percent chance of happening.

Oh, and that Wrangler... how that hasn't happened yet is insane. That ought to be a done deal minus licensing.

I actually want the Vintage Tram really, really hard (I'm a big Portugal-fan and this is a dreamset come true), and would buy the shit out of the Iron Giant.

Venetian House would be a day one too, as would any of the cars.

Ugh those Venetian houses are amazinggg

Also the bizarre fishy pirates in the ninjago sets are hilarious

I want the ship, the fortress, precarious bridge, and fishmonger. And the more serpentine dragon

I would have ignored my anti-Ninja go bias and picked that up upto a $125 price point. Not paying $170 for that. Will put that money towards UCS falcon.

Also, I feel that the Mini Cooper is on my wishlist mainly for completeness' sake and not for the model itself. Is it a good build?

Yeah, the Venetian Houses is gorgeous, but I think it's actually part of the NEXT review.

The one we should be hearing about soonish are the ones at the bottom of this page which includes stuff like: Boat Repair Shop, UCS Hulkbuster armor, Red Dwarf, Iron Giant, UCS Rey's Speeder, a 60's Diner, Ship-In-A-Bottle and others.

I'm most looking forward to the Ship In A Bottle set, it looks like a perfect Ideas set; it's not a licensed property, it's a clever idea, it's not a crazy amount of pieces, and it looks great.

I'd also love the Red Dwarf set since I'm a huge fan, but I kinda doubt it'll happen. I think I saw they had a Red Dwarf easter egg in LEGO Dimensions, but I just don't know how well a Red Dwarf LEGO set would sell these days. It's not as current as shows like Big Bang Theory or Adventure Time, and it's not as huge of a property as Minecraft. My guess is that easter egg in the game is as much as they'll do.

DBT85

So the Saturn V is going to show back up in-stock on S@H at some point, right?

Of course.

I'd also love the Red Dwarf set since I'm a huge fan, but I kinda doubt it'll happen. I think I saw they had a Red Dwarf easter egg in LEGO Dimensions, but I just don't know how well a Red Dwarf LEGO set would sell these days. It's not as current as shows like Big Bang Theory or Adventure Time, and it's not as huge of a property as Minecraft. My guess is that easter egg in the game is as much as they'll do.

A decently sized Red Dwarf, Starbug and Blue Midget would be amazing. But yeah a niche market probably.

Maybe we need a

Taisaijin

Finally caught up on my Jang reviews..

Interesting he prefers the original carousel to the recent update. Not that he didn't have a lot of positive to share regarding Mike's take on the concept, but I didn't expect him to prefer the O.G. (shout out to the sound brick.)

Nice list of best rejected Ideas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPppPAA3TXo

Guess who is Number 1?

On another topic I am thinking of grabbing Capt Rex's AT-TE cuz I love Rebels and it comes with Fifth Brother. What are the chances we will ever get Seventh Sister? I don't understand why they haven't done her yet when they did the first Inquisitor and Fifth Brother.

The dragon from the Ninjago movie line looks more like a lizard tbh, i am still digging it though... Also DAT ship! I still need to build the previous Destiny's Bounty though :(

Nice list of best rejected Ideas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPppPAA3TXo

Guess who is Number 1?

On another topic I am thinking of grabbing Capt Rex's AT-TE cuz I love Rebels and it comes with Fifth Brother. What are the chances we will ever get Seventh Sister? I don't understand why they haven't done her yet when they did the first Inquisitor and Fifth Brother.

Yeah i was thinking about Capt. Rex's AT-TE myself, not for fifth brother but because it was a pretty cool vehicle in the show actually... the price is too offputting though, unless of course you get super lucky like some in this thread who managed to grab it for like 95% off the other week or so ugh.

Yeah i was thinking about Capt. Rex's AT-TE myself, not for fifth brother but because it was a pretty cool vehicle in the show actually... the price is too offputting though, unless of course you get super lucky like some in this thread who managed to grab it for like 95% off the other week or so ugh.
95% off? I was looking at the $77 on amazon. it's an awesome vehicle, but i also have a thing for Siths.

Osahi

Minecraft summer sets:

aNTfGwB.jpg

Granted, I'm not a Minecraft fan, but I don't see the appeal of these kind of sets at all. It's seems like just stacks of similar bricks. Can't even see why a kid would like this when there is more inventive stuff with a bigger variety of bricks available.

The Mine D2C set did at least seem loaded with easter eggs and small details though. More then I expected (saw Jangs review)

mclem

Wow, that could potentially reduce the price of a Bricklinked Green Grocer by loads, depending on the size of those parts.

I assume most Minecraft pieces are 2-wide? If that's the case, I think the big limit for Green Grocer is that most of the required parts are 1-wide.

Koren

I assume most Minecraft pieces are 2-wide? If that's the case, I think the big limit for Green Grocer is that most of the required parts are 1-wide.
I think so... I would buy really quickly a set that has a bunch of 1x sand green parts, but I'm pretty sure most parts in Minecraft sets are 2x

Edit: looking closely, it seems there's 1x parts in this one. Color me interested.

(although if you want a 100% GG, the 1x2 with ridge are the most expensive parts, anyway, no?)

Top Bottom