• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

ghostmind

Just opened a June Star Wars set and the cover of the instruction booklet is less glossy and more matte, for lack of a better term. Has a funny texture to it. Is this a new thing?

I've made the switch to using the online PDF instructions on my iPad, rather than the printed ones, so I haven't noticed, but LEGO is always changing things up, as well as having multiple production facilities.

I've made the switch to using the online PDF instructions on my iPad, rather than the printed ones, so I haven't noticed, but LEGO is always changing things up, as well as having multiple production facilities.

I have thought of going iPad for my instructions, but the PDFs always seem darker for some reason.

Picked up the Space Shuttle today, nice and simple little build (especially after the Saturn V).

DuQmbeb.jpg

SPAAAAACE!

ghostmind

Some "The Last Jedi" set news, specifically parts counts via Promobricks:

75176 ??? - 294 pieces
75177 ??? - 554 pieces
75179 Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter - 630 pieces
75187 BB-8 - 1,106 pieces
75188 Resistance Bomber - 778 pieces
75189 First Order Heavy Assault Walker - 1,376 pieces
75190 First Order Star Destroyer - 1,416 pieces

Buildable Figures:
75526 ??? - 94 pieces
75528 ??? - 85 pieces
75529 ???- 92 pieces
75530 ??? - 179 pieces

For comparison:
Kylo's TIE has 113 pcs more than the largest "system" TIE previously (the FO TIE).
BB-8 has 1,106 pcs vs UCS R2-D2 with 2,127.
Both FO Heavy Walker and FO Star Destroyer have more pieces than their most recent Imperial counterparts (AT-AT has 1,138 pcs; ISD has 1,359 pcs).
75530 is up there with Grievous and K-2SO for the largest piece count Buildable Figures (not counting the Speeder Bike).

Osahi

Also, I posted a few pages back regarding Ultimate Batmobile and I am still stumped if anyone can help me out, that would be greatly appreciated! http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=239789965&postcount=4506

I'm afraid not a lot of members here have the Ultimate Batmobile at the moment. Saturn V and Scout Trooper + Speeder Bike stole it's thunder.

Maybe you can check the Youtube review by Jang, who is always very thorough in showing the features of a set and calling out faults in the design. I skimmed trough it and it seems the Batwing is just loose on the Batmobile, with the wings folding down to keep it in position...

rallaren

Great set, one of my favorites. Would have loved this as a kid of course, too awesome.

Did not use any stickers, capes or the flying monkey figs.

Wish it did not end and just continue on building. Great end result still.

willp2003

If anyone in the UK is still after the Saturn, then John Lewis have it back in stock. Don't expect the box to be in good condition though!

It certainly looks like that is the case.

gR792xy.jpg

Rumours are the two sets are to scale with each other.
I missed out on R2-D2, but I'm not going to miss out on BB-8!
I'm very curious to see how the set is going to look, if it'll be like a lot of the MOCs out there, or if LEGO will do some crazy stuff to make it look even better.

I'm also curious if we'll hear how the Brickheadz are doing for LEGO. I've really liked the ones I've gotten so far and I'd love to start hearing about new waves. I'd like Doctor Strange to get an official (non-Comic Con) release, and I'll be curious to see if they do Star Wars ones by the time the next movie comes out.

KooPaL

Hi guys! I am thinking of starting this as a hobby to start a collection not only for myself but for my boy who is 2 years old lol.

Anyway, My question is, if i build a set and later on I decide to disassemble it, what would be the best way to store it so it would be easy for my son to follow the instructions?

For my first build, I seem to be gravitating towards vehicle sets, so I am thinking of getting either the Mini, Caterham or the Beetle. Any advice on which set to get first? Down the road, I am also eyeing the Porsche but that might take some time considering the price of the set is quite expensive. I was also eyeing the Saturn V and I definitely would like to add that to the collection too.

ghostmind

I missed out on R2-D2, but I'm not going to miss out on BB-8!
I'm very curious to see how the set is going to look, if it'll be like a lot of the MOCs out there, or if LEGO will do some crazy stuff to make it look even better.

I'm also curious if we'll hear how the Brickheadz are doing for LEGO. I've really liked the ones I've gotten so far and I'd love to start hearing about new waves. I'd like Doctor Strange to get an official (non-Comic Con) release, and I'll be curious to see if they do Star Wars ones by the time the next movie comes out.

The Last Jedi BrickHeadz are coming this winter.

Weevilone

I feel like I'm coming down with a polybag fetish.

On another note, man they were diabolical with the Lego Batman Movie release.

Want Steelbook? No 4K or 3D for you!

Want lunch box, or Batgirl polybag? No 4K, steelbook, or 3D for you!

I wanted the Steelbook, 4K, 3D, and Batgirl. Needless to say I'm an idiot and have some extra media to get rid of if anyone is looking for the movie.

papluh

Promobricks have the parts count on Ninjago Movie sets
If true it will make the Destiny's Bounty one part bigger than Silent Mary and take second place after Sea Cow (oh how I hate myself missing out on that one )

– LEGO Ninjago Movie Spinjitzu Training (70606) – 9,99 Euro – 109 parts
– LEGO Ninjago Movie Ninjago City Chase (70607) – 19,99 Euro -233 parts
– LEGO Ninjago Movie Master Falls (70608) – 29,99 Euro – 312 parts
– LEGO Ninjago Movie Manta Ray Bomber (70609) – 29,99 Euro – 341 parts
– LEGO Ninjago Movie Water Strider (70611) – 39,99 Euro – 494 parts
– LEGO Ninjago Movie Green Ninja Mech Dragon (70612) – 49,99 Euro – 544 parts
– LEGO Ninjago Movie Garmadon's Shark Mech (70613) – 59,99 Euro – 747 parts
– LEGO Ninjago Movie Lightning Jet (70614) – 59,99 Euro – 877 parts
– LEGO Ninjago Movie Fire Mech (70615) – 69,99 Euro – 942 parts
– LEGO Ninjago Movie Temple of the Ultimate (70617) – 99,99 Euro – 1.404 parts
– LEGO Ninjago Movie Destiny's Bounty (70618) – 169,99 Euro – 2.295 parts

I made the mega blocks minion T. rex tonight for my son

The finished model is nice enough but it was a bit painful, no numbered bags and bad instructions and soooo many randomly angled pieces that look similar but are slightly different.

And damn does my thumb hurt trying to force blocks into place

DonShula

The Ninjago Movie lineup seems much more robust than the Last Jedi lineup. Is the Last Jedi list everything being released before the movie?

otapnam

Hi guys! I am thinking of starting this as a hobby to start a collection not only for myself but for my boy who is 2 years old lol.

Anyway, My question is, if i build a set and later on I decide to disassemble it, what would be the best way to store it so it would be easy for my son to follow the instructions?

For my first build, I seem to be gravitating towards vehicle sets, so I am thinking of getting either the Mini, Caterham or the Beetle. Any advice on which set to get first? Down the road, I am also eyeing the Porsche but that might take some time considering the price of the set is quite expensive. I was also eyeing the Saturn V and I definitely would like to add that to the collection too.

I'm not a pro like most of these guys, but I've been putting the instruction manual and spare parts for each set in its own ziploc bag. As for the boxes I've been flattening them to store. Also starting to figure out what storage bins we need as our (opened) collection grows

papluh

The hard way would be to backtrack the instructions and pack them by original bag numbers.

But seeing you are not talking about about play sets for younger kids, but the more complex one, I suggest packing by colors and/or size, like very small and very big parts separate and other by color. Also I'd suggest to keep printed/stickered parts separate too. For really big ones like Saturn or modulars, I'd first split it per stage/floor.

I guess your kid will be at least 8 or so when you will start building these together. You can play the role of sorter and part delivery guy :) and he will build. Once older and more skilled, he will have no problems with having the parts not split according to bag numbers in instructions.

ghostmind

The Ninjago Movie lineup seems much more robust than the Last Jedi lineup. Is the Last Jedi list everything being released before the movie?

Yes, but they'll be another wave in December/January, and again in May/June, etc.

Considering Star Wars accounts for over 40 sets a year, not including polybags, they need to space it out a bit.

Haines

Banned

I had the same question. You beat me to it.

I'm guessing we just tear it down and pack it up in bags sorted by colors and you will have to rebuild from a big mix

KooPaL

Thank you for the tips guys. So I guess just separate them by color in a bag then store the instruction. Doing the backtracking is also a good option but seems far too tedious.

mreddie

So Lego Marvel 2 sounds good

Custom news. You can pick your own power and capes!

Hub news. It's bigger then lego marvels hub and one big world like lego city with no load time! It has kang merging 20 worlds from other universes and times into one world.

You can swin underwater and find cities!

Captain America 2099 confirmed!
Giant man and classic comic avengers confirmed.
70s gotg DLC confirmed.
Spider-man homecoming, carnage, and kangs wife confirmed.
Klaw classic might be in!
Dr strange can turn back time
Starlord can use his walkmen
Groot can turn into big groot
First stage takes place at the end of lego marvel 1!
Bonus missions confirmed. One based on gotg 2!
Noir universe in hub and asgard confirmed.

Thank you for the tips guys. So I guess just separate them by color in a bag then store the instruction. Doing the backtracking is also a good option but seems far too tedious.

Backtracking isn't that hard depending on what you've built. Modular buildings for example are pretty much split as part one floor one, part two floor two etc, so breaking them down it's easy to keep them roughly in their own parts.

If that's not possible, I tend to split between rough sizes of bricks rather than colours, makes it easier to find them later. Finding a small blue brick in a pile of small bricks isn't too hard. Finding a small blue brick in a pile of blue bricks is more difficult.

willp2003

London Bus 10258

This year's Creator Expert vehicle!
VIP Release on July 17th
$119.99
Removable roof, detailed interior

Credit to cm4sci for the info.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
London Bus 10258

VIP Release on July 17th
$119.99

Fuck

Isn't there a mini London bus polybag too?

Edit 40220 small box. Probably get in at the Leicester Square store when I pick its big brother up

Ponn

Banned
London Bus 10258

VIP Release on July 17th
$119.99

Oh come on Lego!! I was just sorting my bigger sets for my spring cleaning and I was reluctantly putting Big Ben and Tower Bridge in the sell pile and you do this to me. I really really want a London display area with these sets I just don't have anywhere to do it. I would flip if they did a large London Eye set.

Double posting, but I have a US Ultraviolet code for LEGO Batman Movie. Usually I go to the digital giveaway thread, but since this is LEGO, this seems the best place.

If you can use US digital copies, post an awesome or funny LEGO Batman picture. Later tonight I will pick my favorite one and they get the free movie.

5dmWJOw.gif

Top Bottom