• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Capra

So uh... I have to be missing something, right? Every path to floor 40 is blocked off by gates without valves. I'd think I would need to fight one more Jin Die since I've been made to fight every other boss one last time, but I can't find her anywhere.

Syysch

So uh... I have to be missing something, right? Every path to floor 40 is blocked off by gates without valves. I'd think I would need to fight one more Jin Die since I've been made to fight every other boss one last time, but I can't find her anywhere.

38 ebata, far right on that floor in this rotation.

cakely

Please stop.

Please. I'm begging you guys.

Seriously though, the OT could use a little work for sure.
There must be some Google images or something we can use as placeholders.
Maybe someone kind could make some fancy banners?

Damn, this sounds really good. A lot of people have been doing it.

I just checked the PSN store (UK) and couldn't see any $4.99 starter pack equivalent.

What we do have though is this PS+ Exclusive Pack!

4 Death Metals
Express 1 Day Pass: 2
10,000 Kill Coins
10,000 SPLithium
Solo Shelters: 2
(Rest without returning to the Waiting Room.)
Barbmeat Half Portions: 6
(Restore 50% of max HP.)

That's a nice little pick-me-up for a rainy day :D

Yeah, I loved that. if you have PS+ it's hard to beat the low price of free for a nice bunch of goodies.

It would be nice if they sold an Express pass taster for $1.00. I would definitely buy those.

You know what would be fucking nice? If they sold the daily pass for a buck!
I don't need a while month for 18 euros. Way to step!

Kind of a Thomson and Thompson moment there, no? :D

What we do have though is this PS+ Exclusive Pack!

4 Death Metals
Express 1 Day Pass: 2
10,000 Kill Coins
10,000 SPLithium
Solo Shelters: 2
(Rest without returning to the Waiting Room.)
Barbmeat Half Portions: 6
(Restore 50% of max HP.)

That's a nice little pick-me-up for a rainy day :D

I was about to say that isn't as good value for 5$ as even the regular Death Metal pack, when I realized it is, in fact, entirely free. Can't beat that value indeed, thanks for the heads up!

Grinchy

Banned
I think I may have hit that wall. Grinding like 30K to buy equipment that is burnt in half from one combo that a lucky screamer gets on you with a fire sword, janky animations, ect. It just isn't fun anymore.

Capra

Yeah, I think I'm at that point where I really just want to make a beeline for the final floor and put it down for a while. Unfortunately in order to do that with any success I need to stockpile mushrooms for bosses and equipment for exploring so I end up sending continual hour-long expeditions and killing time in-between each one... And crossing my fingers I get worthwhile returns.

Vorheez

Are some of the quests glitched?

I did the no dodging and no armor quests for the first level about 6-7 times. I figured that it wasn't working because a hater would always kill one of the enemies, but I'm absolutely positive I killed all of them myself this time, and it still didn't unlock.

Anyone else?

Frimaire

I did the no dodging and no armor quests for the first level about 6-7 times. I figured that it wasn't working because a hater would always kill one of the enemies, but I'm absolutely positive I killed all of them myself this time, and it still didn't unlock.

Anyone else?

Yes, several of the quests are glitched/ practically incompletable.
Basically every "go through this floor doing x and killing every enemy" is almost impossible.
Other ones I know of that are actually glitched are the electric weapon kills, fish hunting, and one screamer hunting quest on a floor that doesn't have screamers.

Vorheez

Basically every "go through this floor doing x and killing every enemy" is almost impossible.
Other ones I know of that are actually glitched are the electric weapon kills, fish hunting, and one screamer hunting quest on a floor that doesn't have screamers.
Well that's great, I wasted like 2 hours doing that haha. Oh well. I was leveling up the machete and a collector fighter as well.

Thanks for the heads up on the other ones. I'll make sure to avoid them!

how to kill JIN DIE on floor 26? she's so annoying....which weapon does max damage to her?

http://www.thebitbag.com/let-die-news-decal-collector-campaign-spread-chaos-event-announced/222213

Let It Die players are in for a treat as developer GungHo has announced two new events with some decent rewards. Those trying to complete their Decal and item collection are in luck as these are some of the rewards for the game's first event this 2017.
Keep Hoarding Decals

The Decal Collector Campaign was revealed in the recent developer stream. This event will start on January 20 at 18:00 JST and it will end on January 24 at 18:00 JST.

During this event, players won't lose their decals after dying in the Tower of Barbs. Failing a Tokyo Death Metro raid will also spare you from losing your decals. Players will also have a better chance to get three specific premium decals from a Mushroom Stew during the Decal Collector Campaign. Below are the three premium decals and their perks (thanks Gamepedia):

Heavy Tank: Increase Max HP by 40%
Payback: Store up to 20% of damage taken and add that amount to your next attack. The stored damage is reset after attacking.
Judge's Gavel: Increase attack power during Down Attack by 100%

However, it wasn't revealed exactly how high the player's chances are in getting the three decals. ”In that period you will be able to maximize your chance to win one of the three kinds of the premium decals," the translator said.
Share To Win More Rewards

Those with a Facebook account and Twitter account can help the entire community win some Death Metals and Golden food. Based on the combined Facebook shares and re-tweets, the entire community will earn the following rewards:

500: Golden Frog + 1 Death Metal
1,000: Golden Crab
2,500: Golden Fish
5,000: Golden Turtle + 1 Death Metal
10,000: unannounced reward

This event started on January 14 and it will end on January 31. Five randomly chosen players from the community will also win some Let It Die merchandise.

No, they are not glitched. They are just poorly translated.

It means, "Kill all enemies in this AND this floor, and every floor in between". So you will need to clear the first AND the second floor by killing everyone in the set conditions for that one example. AND the Hater/traps in each floor are NOT allowed to kill anyone for you or it will be a fail and you need to restart.

Frimaire

It means, "Kill all enemies in this AND this floor, and every floor in between". So you will need to clear the first AND the second floor by killing everyone in the set conditions for that one example. AND the Hater/traps in each floor are NOT allowed to kill anyone for you or it will be a fail and you need to restart.

Hence "practically incompletable."

Frimaire

Is it during the boss fight? Wait until he starts moving before using shrooms is apparently the workaround, if that's where you're erroring out.

Yeah, it's as the fight starts or like 5-10 seconds after.
I usually take the mushrooms before walking into the boss fight, does that still cause it?

Syysch

Yeah, it's as the fight starts or like 5-10 seconds after.
I usually take the mushrooms before walking into the boss fight, does that still cause it?

I think so, I think you have to wait until he pulls the bodies out and takes a step before having mushrooms active or hitting him. I've never had a crash doing it that way and I've fought him dozens of times on that floor. I popped a guardshroom once before he finished and still didn't have a crash, but I think it's largely other shrooms that cause it, especially if you're trying to dump slows on him.

Frimaire

I think so, I think you have to wait until he pulls the bodies out and takes a step before having mushrooms active or hitting him. I've never had a crash doing it that way and I've fought him dozens of times on that floor. I popped a guardshroom once before he finished and still didn't have a crash, but I think it's largely other shrooms that cause it, especially if you're trying to dump slows on him.

Thanks.
Yeah, I was using Guardshrooms and Stingshrooms before the fight started when it happened.

Capra

Wow the F40 boss fight is a massive fuck you to mushroom stockpilers.

You have to drop your equipment (including your arms) and fight screamers wearing them to get them back, and then immediately after you have to fight the boss. I ate 6 goddamn guardshrooms before entering and wasted so much time on the screamers beforehand I could only get him to half health before dying.

So is anyone actually able to fight bosses without cheesing them using mushrooms? Because that seems to be the only "strategy" worth a damn to fight these guys every time. The only barrier to victory is the time sink to accumulate those items through expeditions.

Syysch

Thanks.
Yeah, I was using Guardshrooms and Stingshrooms before the fight started when it happened.

No problem, hope it works because yeah that's a shitty way to die all the way up there.

So is anyone actually able to fight bosses without cheesing them using mushrooms? Because that seems to be the only "strategy" worth a damn to fight these guys every time. The only barrier to victory is the time sink to accumulate those items through expeditions.

I didn't have mushrooms until the final phase on f40. I went in blind with it because I didn't want to spoil what it was. It was close, but I did it without dying on my first run. I had to knock one of the screamers off the ledge and let him die to the fireballs. I think I only had guardshrooms against the final phase though, and went through 3 or 4 of them.

I don't use mushrooms against Coen, he rarely hits me anymore, I've fought him enough to know his telegraphs. U-10 I pop a safety guardshroom and one's usually enough, but it's mostly because of the speed of all his attacks, you really have to quick recover against him though. I don't fuck with Jin-Die anymore, I don't need war ensemble that much, and I get plenty from the gold chests. Same reason with Goto, I have a buttload of candle wolf so I don't even bother.

I run a big loop around the 30s for farming materials that only goes through Coen and U-10 too:

x5cRNlg.jpg

Capra

I didn't have mushrooms until the final phase on f40. I went in blind with it because I didn't want to spoil what it was. It was close, but I did it without dying on my first run. I had to knock one of the screamers off the ledge and let him die to the fireballs. I think I only had guardshrooms against the final phase though, and went through 3 or 4 of them.

Yeah, I went in blind and planned on eating them after the first phase shenanigans but after Uncle Death told me to strip down I knew something was up and didn't want to take the chance. I'm glad I did though, since I kept falling off the ledge and it seems like doing so was basically an insta-kill without invincibility.

I'm going to just have to stockpile literally as many as I can carry and eat all of them before entering the fight. Let's see... At 40 seconds a pop I would get... Around 10 minutes from 16 cooked. Sounds like a solid plan.

NeoRausch

Ugh.... I'm really struggling with GOTO on floor 23.

Any tips? What is he weak to? What fighter class should I use? Any recommended Armor?

Capra

Always fight bosses with either a Striker or Attacker - Attacker moreso if you plan to buff yourself with mushrooms and go all-out since they're so fragile.

For GOTO, make a point to level the Red Hot Iron to at least the 2* tier. She's weak to blunt damage, and the Iron+ will serve you well throughout the 20s. By that point, you will also have access to F22 so you should be sending expeditions there to gather slowmogus. You can also gather stingshrooms from killing scorpions, and although the hit to defense is unfortunate the buffed attack combined with GOTO's weakness to Iron damage and the aid of some slowmo should make short work of her. Just be sure to pop the slowmogus after triggering the boss cutscene or else you'll end up running the timer out before the battle even starts.

Grinchy

Banned
And any mushroom that stays on the ground after throwing it will make GOTO go over and eat it at some point, and then it'll just sprint head-first into a wall and knock itself out for a few moments.

NeoRausch

Always fight bosses with either a Striker or Attacker - Attacker moreso if you plan to buff yourself with mushrooms and go all-out since they're so fragile.

For GOTO, make a point to level the Red Hot Iron to at least the 2* tier. She's weak to blunt damage, and the Iron+ will serve you well throughout the 20s. By that point, you will also have access to F22 so you should be sending expeditions there to gather slowmogus. You can also gather stingshrooms from killing scorpions, and although the hit to defense is unfortunate the buffed attack combined with GOTO's weakness to Iron damage and the aid of some slowmo should make short work of her. Just be sure to pop the slowmogus after triggering the boss cutscene or else you'll end up running the timer out before the battle even starts.

Well fuck me! Those are some good advices and tips!
Sounds like a blunt-decal would be also a good advice.

Got my ironing skill up to lvl 20. Thing is though....I don't have the blueprint!

I don't even know how that happened! Is there a floor where it appears a lot?

Time. And deathmetals.

Nooo... Fuck that noise! She already got a few of me.

Preparation, going in and quick kill. That's how I handled the other bosses so far.

cakely

Well fuck me! Those are some good advices and tips!
Sounds like a blunt-decal would be also a good advice.

Got my ironing skill up to lvl 20. Thing is though....I don't have the blueprint!

I don't even know how that happened! Is there a floor where it appears a lot?

I'm pretty sure it drops on the very low floors (1-6). I got mine almost right away when all the screamers were equipping them.

GodofWine

I keep dying on my attempts to get to the 19F elevator, just mistiming a hater's attack usually...starting to get tired of recovering these people. Almost lost all 3 of my T3 fighters, got away from a hater with 43 health left, and then had to go down an escalator and to an elevator without being breathed on, which I did...miraculously.

I'm pretty sure it drops on the very low floors (1-6). I got mine almost right away when all the screamers were equipping them.

Im on 17F, and never saw one.

I keep dying on my attempts to get to the 19F elevator, just mistiming a hater's attack usually...starting to get tired of recovering these people. Almost lost all 3 of my T3 fighters, got away from a hater with 43 health left, and then had to go down an escalator and to an elevator without being breathed on, which I did...miraculously.

Im on 17F, and never saw one.

I farmed floor 5-6 yersterday for 2 hours for it and nada.

Riposte

Ugh.... I'm really struggling with GOTO on floor 23.

Any tips? What is he weak to? What fighter class should I use? Any recommended Armor?

Some routes let you go a little higher than that, which means you can unlock a higher level fighter before then.

As for battle tactics, let Goto eat a stinger shroom while you also eat one and wack at it with a really strong weapon.

NeoRausch

I farmed floor 5-6 yersterday for 2 hours for it and nada.

Yeah, just started a new fighter and roamed around in the lower floors. Shitload of blueprints, but no iron.

Edit:

Some routes let you go a little higher than that, which means you can unlock a higher level fighter before then.

As for battle tactics, let Goto eat a stinger shroom while you also eat one and wack at it with a really strong weapon.

Wait... What? I can get around him? Huh! Awesome!

Finally decided I was ready enough to take on 40 boss and discovered that I was way over prepared for it. Stacked enough cloak shrooms so I didn't even see any of his attacks. Feels kind of anticlimactic.

Time to wait for more new content. Grinding jackals or BPs just doesn't sound like much fun.

Fantastic game, maybe even my favorite of 2016! I really hope they keep supporting it throughout 2017.

Capra

I have also finally, finally beaten the F40 boss. I wish I could say I was overprepared though. I ended up popping 10 guardshrooms before the ordeal and even then, so much time was wasted on the first phase I ran out halfway through the actual boss. I had to buy more death metals just to finish him off...

Oh well, I really enjoyed it while it lasted. But I'll be glad to not have to play it for the foreseeable future because I got really, really burnt out on it in the end.

The final cutscene was amazing though.
Uncle Death is the best waifu ever

Also, some thematic speculation:
Does anyone else get the vibe that this game is actually a commentary on excessively-hard games that demand time or money to finish, all in the name of satisfying some superficial need for material accomplishment?

There seems to be a running theme between all of the bosses being people transformed into monsters over material desires, as well as the player's own cycle of death and rebirth in the name of material progress. The focus on the bosses' candles being "snuffed out" evokes the concept of Nirvana as the state of nonbeing which all life must ultimately aspire to in Buddhism, as an escape from the cycle of reincarnation... Just as the player aspires to the top of the tower to reach a definitive end of the game and an escape from the cycle of death and grinding/farming.

I know Suda wasn't the lead director on this game, but it seems to gel so well with the way he incorporated similar themes in No More Heroes - how Travis' journey is artificially extended by the need to grind for hours on the same assassination missions over and over, leading to the player becoming sick of its stylish gore. I'm not saying that the game isn't ultimately a wonderfully-crafted experience, but that perhaps it's ultimately intended to wear on the player in order to convey a message about how many games ultimately hinge on the player's own need for self-gratification no matter the cost in terms of either time or money. In the end, you just kind of want to let it die and move on to the next thing... until you get sick of that as well.

Then again, in the end Uncle Death concludes to keep the tower going because he genuinely enjoys watching you climb it, and praises you for your journey rather than chastise you like NMH did. So it could go either way, but I get a more positive vibe from LiD, like it acknowledges that the player should feel good for spending their time and money however they want and that its more shallow gameplay hook is just as valid as any other use of free time.

I may be done with this game for the time being, but I guarantee I'll be thinking about it for years to come. Definitely the greatest surprise of 2016 and probably one of my top 3 games of last year.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member

Ohhhh, that explains it. Thanks for the heads-up!
I managed to beat one of those "do this without that" missions early on, but don't think I'll tackle the rest until I'm positive I can take everything out in 1-2 hits and rushdown Haters before they steal kills.

Think I'm gonna redeem that free PS+ goody bag tonight and make some headway.
I've been doing the early floor rotations to make sure I unlock every area and gather as many resources as I can, and have managed to get a couple of weapons (Hammer and Machete) to lvl 20 in the process. Now it's onward and upward...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So no surprise, I haven't posted in this thread in a while becuase I had to take a break. Game is SO good, but the chest grinding in the 20's and 30's is just so damn bad. Streaky and super monotonous. I hope they add a way to obtain those black and red metals later that doesn't invoke the same 2 circuits.

So no surprise, I haven't posted in this thread in a while becuase I had to take a break. Game is SO good, but the chest grinding in the 20's and 30's is just so damn bad. Streaky and super monotonous. I hope they add a way to obtain those black and red metals later that doesn't invoke the same 2 circuits.

They really really need to add some kind of daily challenge like "Beat Jin Die 26 w/o mushrooms" or whatever and give green/black/red metals as rewards.

They could get creative with it, would really break up the monotony.

Vorheez

Sooo what ARE the repercussions for raiding people? I think I missed it. I've been raiding lots of people and I feel like I should be careful/stop... Lol

Frimaire

Sooo what ARE the repercussions for raiding people? I think I missed it. I've been raiding lots of people and I feel like I should be careful/stop... Lol
It cost money to raid if you're not using an express pass.
You also get put on a revenge list for the person you raid, so I guess you're slightly more likely to get raided back?
Honestly I've never raided anybody off my revenge list.

hbkdx12

Two things i learned today

1) weapons degrade just by swinging them even if you don't make contact with anything. This is ridiculous

2) Apparently, your armor degrades faster based on the number of hits it takes rather than the overall damage. So for example, if you get hit once for 2000 damage, that will affect your durability far less than if you were to get hit 10x for 200 damage per hit. This would explain why things like fire, the iron and jin-die's beam wreck armor because it's just constant ticks of damage against your armor.

Vorheez

It cost money to raid if you're not using an express pass.
You also get put on a revenge list for the person you raid, so I guess you're slightly more likely to get raided back?
Honestly I've never raided anybody off my revenge list.
Well, here's to hoping everyone is as kind as you! Haha

Sande

Sucks that they decided to squeeze in useless mats and blueprints in those store packs to drive up the prices. I bought the one-time 30 DM pack and would buy more if I could at a reasonable price.

I also hate the monthly subscription system because it makes me feel like I should be playing constantly to make it worth it. And still, it's pretty damn expensive for what you get out of it.

Top Bottom