• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

51Cppkd.gif

Dany

Banned
Its a point of contention in science, but i think general agreed theory so far is one I listed.

My maternal grandfather had hair forever... so in my case I think I'm good. Of the 5 grandson's, Im youngest at 25 (eldest 34), and none of us are balding. One has grey hairs at 29 though.

It's an x linked recessive trait iirc. But yeah it's your maternal grandfather

daripad

When do piercings look bad in a guy? I kind of like the look of them and am looking to make changes to my look anyway. Good at all? 1 ear or 2?
I don't like piercings and tattoos. They're the ugliest thing a man (and a woman) can have. I don't mind if someone has them but I disliked them.

Mr. F

Banned
IIRC, your hair loss/gain is dependent entirely on your mother, not father.

Mother's carry the balding gene, so even if your father's hair fell out at 21, doesn't mean yours will.

Mother's get it from their father's, and pass it on to their sons, who then pass it on to daughters :)

So if your grandpa on mother's side is bald at an early/late age is the best indicator.

It's an x linked recessive trait iirc. But yeah it's your maternal grandfather

tumblr_m4iarqDBDY1qa9g1b.jpg

Oh well.

RM8

Funny, because I have a ton of hair without signs of going away, while my older brother always had much less hair, way thinner and showed signs of hair loss somewhat early. I wonder how that works :O

I agree. I find bald men sexy but sometimes it just doesn't fit. If you do go bald start hitting the gym and you'll be sex on a stick. Preferably my stick.
That's why I'm dead set on investing in hair transplants when I'm a bit older. I wish I could afford it now, though.

MarkusRJR

Funny, because I have a ton of hair without signs of going away, while my older brother always had much less hair, way thinner and showed signs of hair loss somewhat early. I wonder how that works :O
This was my exact situation (but my dad is balding badly), but then like 4 months ago my hair started receding. :(

Who knows Felipe! You might just beat the odds, its not a guarantee.

I have two parents that have brown hair, brown eyes, and I got blonde hair and blue eyes... and some allergies, and shit eyesight, and some other basket full of genetic goodies im sure!

Mr. F

Banned
Who knows Felipe! You might just beat the odds, its not a guarantee.

I have two parents that have brown hair, brown eyes, and I got blonde hair and blue eyes... and some allergies, and shit eyesight, and some other basket full of genetic goodies im sure!

I can see it happening, but then again my Dad has crazy widows peaks so I might just be getting that. But yeah who knows, I'll worry about it later.

I think widow's peaks are 50/50 like bendy thumbs... (where you can bend a thumb a bit backwards)

And hey, Dracula had a bad-ass widow's peak. They look cool! ;)

KmA

I have a baby face. I can't pull off the bald look without looking like a baby with a beard :/. I know I have bigger worries than my hair. But my hair! :(

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hahaha, Issac posted that a few months back or so.

daripad

My Hair wont start receding until I'm like 40+ and it'll be just a slight thing. White hair will be there in my late 30's though, but if I'm lucky I'll get my mother's genes for that and will be happening: never!

Rayis

IIRC, your hair loss/gain is dependent entirely on your mother, not father.

Mother's carry the balding gene, so even if your father's hair fell out at 21, doesn't mean yours will.

Mother's get it from their father's, and pass it on to their sons, who then pass it on to daughters :)

So if your grandpa on mother's side is bald at an early/late age is the best indicator.
Fuck yeah, my dad was bald but my mom's father had a full head of hair at 80 when he passed away, I also inherited my mom's curly hair which in turn she got from my grandpa, I think I have nothing to worry about when it comes to balding ;) (i hope I'm right)

mantidor

I really don't think is your maternal grandfather, my grandpa had amazing hair, but absolutely no beard, my dad on the other hand has beard but a very receded hairline, not bald though, my paternal grandpa the same, and I'm more like them while my brother is more like my mom's side.

I'm absolutely sure there are genetics involved but I don't think is just your mother line.

I really don't think is your maternal grandfather, my grandpa had amazing hair, but absolutely no beard, my dad on the other hand has beard but a very receded hairline, not bald though, my paternal grandpa the same, and I'm more like them while my brother is more like my mom's side.

I'm absolutely sure there are genetics involved but I don't think is just your mother line.

Have to agree here. Now I never knew either grandfathers as they died before I was born but I'm thinning just like my father. Which sucks cause my hair was the only thing I ever got complimented on.

I'm glad I have my hair back, I did not dig the bald look and did not really like how I looked. I just got a haircut yesterday too, my second since it has grown back. :)

ihaP5hH.jpg

FerDS

I'm balding... Badly, really really badly, and I'm only 24. :(

I think I'll probably just shave it completely soon, but I've been delaying that.

TheSeks

Dragonlife just wishes he had someone special to talk to. (>:I)

daripad

Now don't lie. :p What vidja gamez do you like?

I love whatever is fun and is artistically decent. I don't care about millions of dollars of technical aspects of a game nor the story of a game (unless it is an essential part of the game and is decently done). My favorite genres are kart racing games, futuristic racing games
:(
, platforming, fighting (though I'm bad at them) and rhythm games. With this generation I started to buy my own games, so I started to enjoy other genres and found out that I liked Sandbox games, stealth and some TPS.
My favorite game is Yoshi's Island because is a beautiful game with good gameplay mechanics. It was long for a platformer and getting everything in the game took a lot of time and effort.
As a kid I started with a N64 and then a Game Boy Advance. Later I got the Gamecube. This generation I started at the half of the generation with a Wii. Later got a DS and finally a PS3. I sold my PS3 a year and half ago because I wasn't liking the DLC bullshit and the majority of games dissapointed me badly. Then with that money I got my 3DS which I enjoy a lot.
For the next generation I'm still undecided between the WiiU and the PS4. The PS4 sounds good and it seems that it'll get some good indie support. The console has very good features like bluray player and a solid online experience. And the catalogue seems to have some sandbox games right at launch. The WiiU will have the Nintendo games (some of those are my favorite franchises) and the console is decent for playing. Plus Miiverse sounds like something I'd love. The problem with it is that the price of the games keep being high after some years, which is something I can't stand because I don't have enough money to spend on this hobby (I mean, I have priorities too).

That was a long post lol. Seems like videogames is easy for me to talk about.

TheSeks

https://gs1.wac.edgecastcdn.net/8019B6/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_m41aygNfBB1r15uyio2_r4_250.gif

Inorite, sis? Comin' in here saying people are fucking each other with no proof of purchases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom