• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also bought Luigi's Mansion. It's charming enough, but I'm only on the second mansion, and I'm already getting a bit tired of sucking (
torching the spider webs was quite a bit of fun though
), and I'm finding that the mission structure detracts from the game--I obviously understand why it was done, as missions are more suitable for a portable title and allow for the game's score attack to be successful, but it makes the game feel too linear, whereas I was hoping to do a bit more off-the-cuff exploring.

Also, I'm sure the game isn't supposed to be difficult, but I've received one star on the last five missions because I keep running right into the ghosts and any of their weapons. It's maddening.

Not touching that one xD

Sai-kun

Banned
I've never been to a PAX. What's it like? Is it just like any other kind of convention?

It's hot, loud, crazy, packed, and awful (sometimes). Don't go to PAX for the actual convention. Go to it to experience the convention with other people. If I had gone on my own, it probably woulda been super lame because there's just long-ass lines for EVERYTHING. But I was fortunate enough to be able to hang out with a bunch of HaloGAFfers in the actual convention, and other really awesome folks like Cosmic, macuser, acridmeat, and coldvein outside of it!

Also the light drinking every day helped too.

Rayis

Hey GayGAF.
I've never found Justin Timberlake very attractive despite seemingly everyone thinking he's the most attractive person to ever walk on Earth.

Discuss.

I think he's pretty cute, but just that, and NO, no one bash Ryan Gosling, he's my future husband!

It's hot, loud, crazy, packed, and awful (sometimes). Don't go to PAX for the actual convention. Go to it to experience the convention with other people. If I had gone on my own, it probably woulda been super lame because there's just long-ass lines for EVERYTHING. But I was fortunate enough to be able to hang out with a bunch of HaloGAFfers in the actual convention, and other really awesome folks like Cosmic, macuser, acridmeat, and coldvein outside of it!

and now in washington, you can enjoy some other vices as well :p

Lucario

Light drinking every day is a great idea, but grakl and I kind of made it into a quest for swag, which was fun.

...that said, I probably would've been bored going to the con solo.

also, this onion article. Fuggin' hilarious.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/kim-jongun-comes-out-in-support-of-gay-marriage-im,31821/

Sai-kun

Banned
and now in washington, you can enjoy some other vices as well :p

e195mfm.gif

Light drinking every day is a great idea, but grakl and I kind of made it into a quest for swag, which was fun.

...that said, I probably would've been bored going to the con solo.

I got myself some neat swag (like a little disco ball and wrist-slap watch from dance central!), but it was my first time at PAX, so I was a little bit lost, and didn't want to abandon my HaloGAF group for too long. Waiting in line for almost 4 hours to play Halo 4 was worth it (although Halo 4 ultimately wasn't!)

RM8

Yep, got Luigi's Mansion and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon the same day. Trying to balance those,
I got Luigi's Mansion along with Super Monkey Ball 3D. My activity log says my most played games for 3 days straight now is Super Monkey Ball 3D, lol.

---
How come it's so common around here for people to straight-crush so often? Don't you need a bit of reciprocity for that? I can understand a very light crush on a guy because you really find him attractive, but it lasting months and messing with your mood seems a bit alien to me. It's like really wanting to eat wax fruit, haha.

HylianTom

Banned
Hmmm.. Timberlake, Gosling, and Reynolds are okay. I still crush on Wilson Bethel (from that ultra-cheesy Hart of Dixie show).. and you'd swear that there's a clause in his contract that requires him to be shirtless in at least one scene per episode. Yummy.

Meanwhile, does it seem like NBC is going ultra-gay on the Today Show?

Jenna Wolfe comes out on the air..
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/27/jenna-wolfe-baby-comes-out-pregnancy_n_2962637.html

And now NBC is offering Matt Lauer' job to Anderson Cooper?!
http://www.businessinsider.com/anderson-cooper-offered-matt-lauer-job-2013-3

daripad

I got Luigi's Mansion along with Super Monkey Ball 3D. My activity log says my most played games for 3 days straight now is Super Monkey Ball 3D, lol.

---
How come it's so common around here for people to straight-crush so often? Don't you need a bit of reciprocity for that? I can understand a very light crush on a guy because you really find him attractive, but it lasting months and messing with your mood seems a bit alien to me. It's like really wanting to eat wax fruit, haha.
Maybe is a friend of his that he sees everyday, who doesn't have a girlfriend and he gives some signs of liking men. That is what happens to me a lot, though at the end they are always straight. *sighs*

RM8

Maybe is a friend of his that he sees everyday, who doesn't have a girlfriend and he gives some signs of liking men. That is what happens to me a lot, though at the end they are always straight. *sighs*
Always assume people are straight, always. Those "signs" are usually pretty meaningless in my experience, lol. But I admittedly suck at detecting homo people, so I'd rather be safe like that :p

daripad

Always assume people are straight, always. Those "signs" are usually pretty meaningless in my experience, lol. But I admittedly suck at detecting homo people, so I'd rather be safe like that :p
The only people I am sure that are gay are those queens that act like women, I really don't know about closeted ones :(

*facepalm*

Well, please keep us updated so that we know you're safe.
I will. :) My friend and sister has asked me if I REALLY should go all the way to his place and asks me if I'm completely sure, drives me nuts and makes me more nervous. XD My friend tried to look him up on the Internet but couldn't find anyone with his name in that city, I had to ask him, turns out he is just using his Mom's maiden name, phew. :p

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
straight men in gay bars. :( why :(

unless i've been there before and know about it or there is basically a giant flashing sign that makes it painfully obvious, i have a hard time distinguishing between the two categories and I bet I'm not alone in that regard.

Or maybe I am. I usually alone on a lot of things.

BeesEight

I will. :) My friend and sister has asked me if I REALLY should go all the way to his place and asks me if I'm completely sure, drives me nuts and makes me more nervous. XD My friend tried to look him up on the Internet but couldn't find anyone with his name in that city, I had to ask him, turns out he is just using his Mom's maiden name, phew. :p

Well good luck and make sure you don't feel pressured into doing anything you don't feel comfortable doing. It could turn out to be nothing but always good to err on the safe side.

Even worst is when they are straight but still flirt with you. I end up feeding into it cause it's nice flirting with someone :/

Never had a straight guy flirt with me. Hell, I'm hard pressed to get gay guys to flirt with me. :p

BeesEight

Why do you think that happens? Don't you let be flirted or something?

Why don't more straight guys flirt with me? I don't really come across a lot of straight guys that flirt with men, I suppose.

(As for the second - probably a combination of not meeting many gay people, probably not pinging a lot of radars and possibly being a little standoffish? I don't know, really, I get a decent amount of flirting with girls.)

Delio

Well good luck and make sure you don't feel pressured into doing anything you don't feel comfortable doing. It could turn out to be nothing but always good to err on the safe side.

Never had a straight guy flirt with me. Hell, I'm hard pressed to get gay guys to flirt with me. :p

funny I've had more straight guys flirt than gay guys. I kinda consider myself hopeless there lol. Oh ive done the wingman to a straight guy thing before. Even talking to the girl and seeing where she stands with the guy.

daripad

Why don't more straight guys flirt with me? I don't really come across a lot of straight guys that flirt with men, I suppose.

(As for the second - probably a combination of not meeting many gay people, probably not pinging a lot of radars and possibly being a little standoffish? I don't know, really, I get a decent amount of flirting with girls.)
Yep, girls flirting with me is pretty easy. *Sighs again*

daripad

Bah, I'd be getting hooked up all the time if I wanted to date girls.
Yeah, sometimes I wish I was straight or bi, but nooooo, I had to be gay. But I don't care, girls are sometimes too sensitive and they sometimes are assholes

Edit: a combination of picture 1 & 2 would be perfect
Edit 2: out of those two, I prefer the second

BeesEight

Sorry, I don't understand this. Are you saying that we dont criticize other people clothes or something like that, like queens do?

I'm just poking fun at the stereotype that gay guys dress better than straight guys. Specifically, you don't see many that are dressed like a fratboy or Jersey Shore hopeful.

RM8

I don't have a sense of fashion whatsoever. T-shirt, jeans, hoodies, beanies. That's what I wear, usually in tame, dark colors (mostly blue). My hair is always in black mop mode. I'm not sure I "dress better" than anyone to be honest :p

daripad

I don't have a sense of fashion whatsoever. T-shirt, jeans, hoodies, beanies. That's what I wear, usually in tame, dark colors (mostly blue). My hair is always in black mop mode. I'm not sure I "dress better" than anyone to be honest :p
I just dress as simple as possible, I don't want other people's attention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom