• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm posting this here because I don't know where else to post it. Ben Carson recently compared homosexuality to bestiality and pedophilia. Just today he was announced as the commencement speaker for Johns Hopkins Medical Institute. The internet needs to mobilize against this and send letters, emails, and make a petition. I don't know exactly how to go about mobilizing though.

I know quite a few people at JHMI now. There is some talk of boycotting commencement apparently. In general I want to see him removed from the commencement speaker spot. Anyone have any ideas?

I made a thread about his comments but this may deserve its own thread.

I don't think there's anything wrong with divorce, it's healthy to move on with your life and leave expired relationships behind :p That's the thing, though, I don't believe most people can practically become one with other person for the rest of their lives. And that's okay. I know I don't look forward to see my life spin around my romantic relationship with any one particular human.

Marriage long ago was usually 10-20 years. People started living longer and longer lives (We go past 100 now!) and as such we are now married for longer and longer periods of time.

Interesting story: my great uncle and aunt were married, for around 55 years. For the last decade of their marriage they were miserable and basically total enemies. Too old school to get a divorce, but hell it was sure something to see an 85 year old woman beat the crap out of her husband because he would eat a pickle out of a jar, without using a fork.

So yeah I agree, people generally on a whole maybe aren't meant to spend THAT much time together before you get completely sick of em ;)

Trigger

I'm posting this here because I don't know where else to post it. Ben Carson recently compared homosexuality to bestiality and pedophilia. Just today he was announced as the commencement speaker for Johns Hopkins Medical Institute. The internet needs to mobilize against this and send letters, emails, and make a petition. I don't know exactly how to go about mobilizing though.

I know quite a few people at JHMI now. There is some talk of boycotting commencement apparently. In general I want to see him removed from the commencement speaker spot. Anyone have any ideas?

Have you tried contacting a local LGBT group about the matter? I'm sure they could mobilize something.

A War eh? Well heres my Kenny.

p0hkqBp.jpg
cVJiLMu.jpg

RM8

Crying baby? Get away from me. Crying animal? OH GOD SOMEONE HELP IT!
Ahaha, this is me. I never, absolutely never feel like crying with any kind of media (sad songs, sad films, etc.) but there's ONE film that made me bawl and go hug my dog. And yes, human babies are not something I enjoy a ton, but cute baby animals give me diabetes.

Will post pics of my cranky old friend later :) He's 15 already and in perfect health, and I luvz him a ton.

Zajora

So we're posting pictures of our kitties, are we?

I only seem to have funny pictures of Dukey..

ixsV3sUVRkjwS.png

(I don't remember whether he was cleaning himself or sleeping. It's funny either way)

iUYFTFKdehAvZ.png

daripad

I love all animals, even though I'm a bit of a cat person. :p If I ever get married (lol) and start a family, I would want a dog and two cats. I'm debating between a golden retriever or a husky...
Are you bi? Get the dog that gives better protection and is friendly at the same time. Dogs are very useful and charming, that is why I love them. Unlike cats, they hate me lol

Not the only one!

393329nu0mrj.jpg
Cute pair. :)
Are you bi? Get the dog that gives better protection and is friendly at the same time. Dogs are very useful and charming, that is why I love them. Unlike cats, they hate me lol
My life would be a lot easier if I were. But nope, 100% homosexual. Maybe I should domesticate a wolf, then. But yeah, cats can be very finicky beasts. Once you have formed a special bond with one, though, then the love and affection that they can choose to show is unparalleled.

Kangi

Family has two (calico) cats. One is the laziest yet most malicious creature I have ever seen, who purrs only when she is, at the time, swiping at me. The other is an annoying, attention-seeking scaredy cat who digs her claws into my skin constantly and gets literally everywhere she's not supposed to.

We also have two (used to be three, pre-August) dogs. One is a big, 10-year-old barrel of energy, our golden retreiver. The other is my 7-year-old, half-blind runt of a pug, who is the sweetest but LOUDEST dog you'll ever see. Our recently passed 13-year-old mutt was timid and loving, but had issues with strangers (she tore a hole in the neighbor's shirt when he got too close to the fence).

Yeah, I'm a dog person. Cats just, on every level, aren't as good of pets. A brush of the leg won't ever compare to being lovingly mowed down by a big, sniffing, tail-wagging dog.

I walked into my room tonight only to find my cat Gyoza sleeping in my chair. He's never done that in the past so I'm honestly a little worried :lol

TxQuMkd.jpg

Yeah, I'm a dog person. Cats just, on every level, aren't as good of pets. A brush of the leg won't ever compare to being lovingly mowed down by a big, sniffing, tail-wagging dog.
I've always felt that with cats, you get out what you put in. (Although that depends on the beast we're dealing with.) But my cat has never just brushed against my leg. He will cuddle and kiss me for hours if he could, and lie next to me/on me and snuggle. If he's outside wandering, and I call him, you can be sure that he'll come running and meowing (even if it can take half an hour). :)

I'm biased.

Kangi

I've always felt that with cats, you get out what you put in. (Although that depends on the beast we're dealing with.) But my cat has never just brushed against my leg. He will cuddle and kiss me for hours if he could, and lie next to me/on me and snuggle. If he's outside wandering, and I call him, you can be sure that he'll come running and meowing (even if it can take half an hour). :)

I'm biased.

I have put in so much time into that evil lump. Brushing her, petting her, trying to play with her... but she despises me so.

Dogs don't even need any of that for them to already love you.

I have put in so much time into that evil lump. Brushing her, petting her, trying to play with her... but she despises me so.

Dogs don't even need any of that for them to already love you.
I think I kind of lucked out with my cat since I found him when he wasn't more than 2 weeks old. Perhaps the additional time to imprint early explains the relationship we have. But yeah, some cats can be ungrateful little monsters. (Like undisciplined children.)

daripad

Brofist ;)

My life would be a lot easier if I were. But nope, 100% homosexual. Maybe I should domesticate a wolf, then. But yeah, cats can be very finicky beasts. Once you have formed a special bond with one, though, then the love and affection that they can choose to show is unparalleled.
Yeah, I've seen some people really satisfied with cats. As yes, being completely homosexual is rough, sometimes I wish I wasn't.

Mmhm, me and Bigfoot. Has to be... around 25 years ago?

Wait, are you 30+? I thought you were way younger, you seemed like around 25. You are aging like wine, better each year ;)

Kangi

I think I kind of lucked out with my cat since I found him when I wasn't more than 2 weeks old. Perhaps the additional time to imprint early explains the relationship we have. But yeah, some cats can be ungrateful little monsters. (Like undisciplined children.)

You found him when you were two weeks old? You must've been a Rugrats-level adventurer.

Both our cats were strays. The evil lump lived in the forest for a couple months or so before she was a year old, which may explain how... jaded she is.

The scaredy-cat escaped to our house from our neighbor's. They were using her to hunt squirrels. She must've been an awful squirrel-hunter.

You found him when you were two weeks old? You must've been a Rugrats-level adventurer.

Both our cats were strays. The evil lump lived in the forest for a couple months or so before she was a year old, which may explain how... jaded she is.

The scaredy-cat escaped to our house from our neighbor's. They were using her to hunt squirrels. She must've been an awful squirrel-hunter.
LOL, I meant my cat was 2 weeks old. Sorry about that. He was also a stray.

Let's hope she was awful at it, or you may rue the day forest-cat starts seeing you as a big squirrel as you sleep...

Zajora

Not the only one!

393329nu0mrj.jpg

What a fashionable dog.

I think it depends what you want. My cat Duke is pretty affectionate, but not annoyingly so. I honestly don't think I could deal with a dog.

Makes me wonder about connections between dog and cat people and other aspects of their lives (like sexual orientation, for example)

Of course, a lot of the time people get pets when they're young and don't really decide based on the supposed characteristics, which would probably mean there wouldn't be much of a connection.

Odinson

Dog person here. I don't mind cats just never had one. I did have a ferret for few years, sadly he passed away.

This is my Suki monster.
9e4c6b06-e524-4668-9dd8-611260ca3d49.jpg
6d3494db-fcf5-425c-8210-cd77b5b2d135.jpg

Alcoori

So many cute cats and dogs! I'm dying!

This is my Pieces
57e63bbe94ae11e283e322000a9f1948_7.jpg

And this is Suite!
97d2269497aa11e2ae2622000a1fb7e1_7.jpg

Suite is VERY friendly, maybe too much so and she gets really needy at time.
Pieces is a little dumb but very limber. She also likes to fart in your face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom