• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sagitario

Space, my friend, please!

iAgy1HVHYHwgt.png

Dead Man

Saying "I prefer (traditionally) masculine men" seems easy enough, I'd think (unless you want something more specific than that).

Yeah, that would work too. I was more thinking if you give the actual attributes rather than a stereotype you will be more accurate anyway, and people will have a better idea of what you want. Brevity is good though.

Ahasverus

Guys I have a problem (Me again, yeah I know, my life is aroller coaster hahah)
There is this pretty boy, like really pretty, who added me on facebook.
We chatted a little and I found him quite entertaining and smart, I like talking with him. But of course I have a BF whom I love.
So, it seems that this boy, apparently has a crush on me, he's not so subtile about that telling he wants a goodnight kiss and stuff like that, I always politely delcine and he has a laugh, I don't know if he enjoys getting me uncomfortable as he knows I have a bf, or I'm in trouble.

The thing is, simple, I want to definitively FRIEND ZONE him and don't have idea how to, not being rude that is. He's apparently a nice guy and I'd like to have him as a friend, but of course I'm afraid he would get too embellezed with me at the point he could hurt my relationship. And that would SUCK.

Any tips based gaygaf??

Sibylus

Banned
Find a way to work your boyfriend into the conversation. Like if you start talking about interests, "oh yeah, I do x and y with my boyfriend, it's a blast". If he doesn't take the hint, you can just straight up say you're in a monogamous relationship and cut the snake's head there and then.

Dead Man

"Seeking 9" and up."

There we are.
LOL, nice and simple :)
Guys I have a problem (Me again, yeah I know, my life is aroller coaster hahah)
There is this pretty boy, like really pretty, who added me on facebook.
We chatted a little and I found him quite entertaining and smart, I like talking with him. But of course I have a BF whom I love.
So, it seems that this boy, apparently has a crush on me, he's not so subtile about that telling he wants a goodnight kiss and stuff like that, I always politely delcine and he has a laugh, I don't know if he enjoys getting me uncomfortable as he knows I have a bf, or I'm in trouble.

The thing is, simple, I want to definitively FRIEND ZONE him and don't have idea how to, not being rude that is. He's apparently a nice guy and I'd like to have him as a friend, but of course I'm afraid he would get too embellezed with me at the point he could hurt my relationship. And that would SUCK.

Any tips based gaygaf??

I think girlGAF may be a better source of advice on how to friendzone. That situation sucks though, hope you work it out. I would say honest with your boyfriend about your friendship with the guy, then no matter what you should be protected from accusations of cheating or whatever.

Good luck.

Find a way to work your boyfriend into the conversation. Like if you start talking about interests, "oh yeah, I do x and y with my boyfriend, it's a blast". If he doesn't take the hint, you can just straight up say you're in a monogamous relationship and cut the snake's head there and then.

This too.

Edit: So I've been working out a bit and am getting very quick results: NSFW

daripad

Nice results Dead Man lol

Guys, where are the girls here? I haven't seen them in a while. Perhaps we are overwhelming with all the stuff we talk about?

I know this is a little (a lot) off topic. Just wanted to vent off some really.

So I've been wanting to book a holiday and I asked my mate to come. He's said he could but problem is he couldn't afford it out right so I'd have to pay and he'd pay me back over the next 2 months. I'm sort of ok with doing this. I trust in him enough. However now he wants his mate to come (who I know). Again, same situation, he cant afford it/will pay be back etc. Hmmm!!

Then he just invites his GF along. She can't afford it either, but just expects me to pony up the bill for her too. I mean this would be £1600 for those 3 that I'd be chasing money for. It's completely unreasonable really. Not just for the fact it's a lot of money, but to be expected to get all the money back from 3 different people over time. It's not just £50 here and there. I must have mug written across my head.

Actually writing all that out just makes it look completely ridiculous. I mean it's nice to want things and all that but come on...

I just want to go away, why does everything have to be so complicated. Now you end up miffing people off etc. Jees!

Menaged

Wow, some nerve they got.
When it was just you and your mate, I found it to be acceptable, but for you to pay all 3 is absurd IMO.

Vorg

Banned
I know this is a little (a lot) off topic. Just wanted to vent off some really.

So I've been wanting to book a holiday and I asked my mate to come. He's said he could but problem is he couldn't afford it out right so I'd have to pay and he'd pay me back over the next 2 months. I'm sort of ok with doing this. I trust in him enough. However now he wants his mate to come (who I know). Again, same situation, he cant afford it/will pay be back etc. Hmmm!!

Then he just invites his GF along. She can't afford it either, but just expects me to pony up the bill for her too. I mean this would be £1600 for those 3 that I'd be chasing money for. It's completely unreasonable really. Not just for the fact it's a lot of money, but to be expected to get all the money back from 3 different people over time. It's not just £50 here and there. I must have mug written across my head.

Actually writing all that out just makes it look completely ridiculous. I mean it's nice to want things and all that but come on...

I just want to go away, why does everything have to be so complicated. Now you end up miffing people off etc. Jees!

Dude, are you serious? Those guys sound like assholes. Don't.

Absolutely. I'm none too keen on his GF anyways. Moaning cow.

I know I'm going to end up feeling the guilty one now even though I shouldn't be. I almost feel like saying just forget the whole thing, but I really want to go away and don't have anyone else to go with.

Good friends are so hard to find :(

Arcipello

speaking of holidays.... just booked a 6 day getaway to Barcelona with a bunch of gay pals, 12 of us in total, hope i survive the carnage :p

Absolutely. I'm none too keen on his GF anyways. Moaning cow.

I know I'm going to end up feeling the guilty one now even though I shouldn't be. I almost feel like saying just forget the whole thing, but I really want to go away and don't have anyone else to go with.

Good friends are so hard to find :(

You feeling guilty about this? No.. he should. He's being totally unreasonable.

MarkusRJR

A gay couple in a town near me had to close down their restaurant due to homophobic people. For fucks sake it's 2013. :(

And one of the restaurants (pretty much just high quality fast food) I regularly go to agreed with the homophobes and made a comment along the lines of "well we don't know what they're doing in the kitchen". Guess who just lost a regular customer...

I can't wait to move out of this terrible province.

A gay couple in a town near me had to close down their restaurant due to homophobic people. For fucks sake it's 2013. :(

And one of the restaurants (pretty much just high quality fast food) I regularly go to agreed with the homophobes and made a comment along the lines of "well we don't know what they're doing in the kitchen". Guess who just lost a regular customer...

Jesus christ, fuckballs. Uhm.. maybe they're cooking in the kitchen..

MarkusRJR

Jesus christ, fuckballs. Uhm.. maybe they're cooking in the kitchen..
I know. I mean there's an equal opportunity for a straight couple to fuck in a kitchen, so it's pretty obvious he's just going all "eww gay cooties".

Speaking of which, apparently they had a person (might have been multiple, forgot the specifics) who actually asked if they were going to get something (diseases or 'the gay') from the food. *sigh*

daripad

I know. I mean there's an equal opportunity for a straight couple to fuck in a kitchen, so it's pretty obvious he's just going all "eww gay cooties".

Speaking of which, apparently they had a person (might have been multiple, forgot the specifics) who actually asked if they were going to get something (diseases or 'the gay') from the food. *sigh*
That's stupid. It is more common to find straight couples having sex in public than gay ones. People are just being stupid and homophobic because they don't seem to think logically

Nope, that's the problem I have. I got nobody :(
Go alone, there is nothing bad about it

BeesEight

Edit: So I've been working out a bit and am getting very quick results: NSFW

Wow, Dead Man! A few more months and you may actually stop looking like a dried up corpse!

That's awful.

Wait... province? Where are you from?

MarkusRJR

Wow, Dead Man! A few more months and you may actually stop looking like a dried up corpse!

That's awful.

Wait... province? Where are you from?
Winnipeg, Manitoba. I saw it on the news and got so pissed off. There's probably a local article somewhere if someone wants to Google search it. The homophobic restaurant I regularly visit is Georges Burgers, for any other Winnipeg GayGaffers who'd like to avoid that place.

But yeah it's a shithole here. Everything looks terrible, constantly bad weather (it hasn't been that bad the last few years but it normally goes from up to +35 celsius to -45 celsius over a year), nothing to do apart from local music, and I never feel safe (murder capital of the country whoo!). I get mugged or followed 1-4 times a year on average despite the fact I live in a good part of the city.

The only reason I'm still here is because schooling is so cheap and I can't afford to move out somewhere.

BeesEight

Winnipeg, Manitoba. I saw it on the news and got so pissed off. There's probably a local article somewhere if someone wants to Google search it. The homophobic restaurant I regularly visit is Georges Burgers, for any other Winnipeg GayGaffers who'd like to avoid that place.

That's what I feared. Come on, Canada, we're better than this.

(Though this isn't the first terrible news I've heard about Winnipeg. Have to say, it doesn't sound pleasant over there.)

Edit: Hobo-beard gaf go!

MarkusRJR

(Though this isn't the first terrible news I've heard about Winnipeg. Have to say, it doesn't sound pleasant over there.)
There's even a blog dedicated to how ghetto my city is... http://www.winnipeglovehate.com/

Go back a few pages, the person running the blog has a thing for showing off the few clean or nice looking areas of this dump (usually by going inside of newer buildings lol).

Zajora

It looks like this is the article Yaceka is talking about.

But yeah it's a shithole here. Everything looks terrible, constantly bad weather (it hasn't been that bad the last few years but it normally goes from up to +35 celsius to -45 celsius over a year), nothing to do apart from local music, and I never feel safe (murder capital of the country whoo!). I get mugged or followed 1-4 times a year on average despite the fact I live in a good part of the city.

Now if that isn't a positive review, I don't know what is. :p

Manitoba (Or just Winnipeg?) sounds horrible. You should come to the Maritimes!

MarkusRJR

Nah I saw it on the news. I was just saying there were probably articles online if someone wanted to read specifics.

And yeah, I wanna get out if here after schooling (only 5 more years living here) and then I plan to move to either Ontario or really wherever I can find a decent job. I can't even come out as gay while being here and go to bars since my brother is kinda out there in the gay bar scene and he'd find out. I legitimately hate him and I know he would use that info for blackmail.

BeesEight

Psh, Ontario is where it's at. Go to Toronto for optimal self-importance.

She said the restaurant serves fabulous food and some people even drive down from Winnipeg to eat there.

That's bigoted?
:p

Too clean for a hobo.

I'll give it a few more days.

Dany

Banned

Edit: Hobo-beard gaf go!

That looks nicer than what I have. :(

HgPzZqkl.jpg

oh god. was i verbally harassed/raped just now?

So i'm leaving Walmart (LOL) with my bag. and i hear some guy from a distance saying shit. i didn't turn around because i figure he was talking to some girl or something that was leaving (but then again i don't think there was anyone else leaving besides. all i heard was "hey bitch, i'm talking to you." "fucking bitch" and some other stuff. started walking to my car and i can still hear the guy. i think he went to the other parking aisle.

If i wasn't in a rush to go to work i would have turned around while in the store to see who he was talking to.

daripad

HgPzZqkl.jpg
I think that what you have is fine

oh god. was i verbally harassed/raped just now?

So i'm leaving Walmart (LOL) with my bag. and i hear some guy from a distance saying shit. i didn't turn around because i figure he was talking to some girl or something that was leaving (but then again i don't think there was anyone else leaving besides. all i heard was "hey bitch, i'm talking to you." "fucking bitch" and some other stuff. started walking to my car and i can still hear the guy. i think he went to the other parking aisle.

If i wasn't in a rush to go to work i would have turned around while in the store to see who he was talking to.
Why? Do you know him? Was that because of your bag? How is your bag?
lol I'm very curious

Why? Do you know him? Was that because of your bag? How is your bag?
lol I'm very curious
lol. bag = my salad and fruit juice. i mean i'm wearing some nice pants that makes me look like a full figured bald girl. IF he was talking to me he only saw my back lol.

Have had the beard for a while, keeping it trimmed short. I'm quite fond of it now and get a lot of compliments. Plus, I hate shaving and got spoiled when I didn't have to do so for a few months.

cqPgDYl.jpg

Mr. F

Banned
Ironic that today would happen to be facial hair show and tell, I just shaved my gnarly beard this morning. End of year rush always has me looking like a deranged hobo.

HgPzZqkl.jpg

You're the worst. It looks good!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I wish I could actually grow some decent facial hair. Alas.

Sai-kun

Banned
I wish I could actually grow some decent facial hair. Alas.

I swear we had this discussion like literally 1 week ago.

I shaved my 'stache and left the rest of my facial hair alone, and it doesn't look too terrible. I need to try trimming it cuz I get the whole Fu Manchu thing going on after awhile. Blegh!

Wahrer: You mean shaven like...literally everywhere? It's not particularly normal, but it's not too far out there in terms of weirdness, either. I don't like overly hairy dudes, but I don't mind a bit of hair. I don't know about /all over/, but clean shaven looks good too.
Shaved armpits don't look awful, and I actually started doing that a while ago, although I only re-shave like once every couple months. hooray for slow-growing hair!

BeesEight

Wahrer: You mean shaven like...literally everywhere? It's not particularly normal, but it's not too far out there in terms of weirdness, either. I don't like overly hairy dudes, but I don't mind a bit of hair. I don't know about /all over/, but clean shaven looks good too.
Shaved armpits don't look awful, and I actually started doing that a while ago, although I only re-shave like once every couple months. hooray for slow-growing hair!

I like shaved. I like hair. Maybe I'm the odd one in this regard.

However, I don't think I'll ever like shaved armpits. It just looks so bizarre.

Nah I saw it on the news. I was just saying there were probably articles online if someone wanted to read specifics.

And yeah, I wanna get out if here after schooling (only 5 more years living here) and then I plan to move to either Ontario or really wherever I can find a decent job. I can't even come out as gay while being here and go to bars since my brother is kinda out there in the gay bar scene and he'd find out. I legitimately hate him and I know he would use that info for blackmail.

But doesnt it work both ways, couldn't you also blackmail HIM to your father?

He threatens you, you threaten him back.

Or does he not stand to lose as much if he is discovered?

Shitty either way I'll admit but this brother of yours seems to be keeping ya down.

EDIT: This is about how good a mustache on me looks. Just fake and wrong.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

That reminds me of one of my favorite scenes from True Blood - AIDS burger *NSFW language*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom