• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
CHEEZMO™;52712931 said:
I know how you feel, Del. Well, not exactly - I don't yo-yo back up. Thinking about killing yourself literally from the moment you wake up to the moment you finally manage to get to sleep can't be good for your mental health. Cant even drink myslelf into a stupor anymore cos I finished most of my booze.

Maybe I should risk moving onto pharmaceuticals instead and just hope my parents dont find them. I dont think explaining a stash of painkillers would be easy.

Hell, I'm quite literally too depressed to even lapse back into self-harming.

Have you ever taken xanax or any benzodiazepines? Maybe they would benefit you... they seem to help me when I'm experiencing a particularly low valley. They'll help you sleep, too. It'd be much better than painkillers to explain to your parents because you could get a prescription for them. (Which might be difficult, because loads of people think that they're addictive, and maybe they are, but that's so much better than having major depressive disorder.) You should see a doctor anyway. What you're describing is most definitely a medical problem and its not going to get better on its own. Just don't mention that you're suicidal or you'll never get the good drugs or you might even get detained.

BeesEight

I dunno. I feel..weird. I care a lot about people to the point I get jealous really easy. Then i try my best to make people happy and feel like my chest caving in when I cant make them happy. But whats the point in trying when i get jealous of everything else. It's like..do i deserve friends if thats my response? Even then i want friends around me I LIKE having friends.

I'm... a little confused. But to answer your question, of course you deserve friends, Del. You're a really sweet, funny, caring guy so don't even entertain the thought that you should be lonely. I would probably recommend not putting other people's happiness above your own. You can try, but in the end you're not responsible for their mood - only they are.

If you're spending a lot of time trying to please others, maybe you should take a day or whatever and just focus on yourself. Find something you like and just take care of the number 1 for once. Especially if others are bringing you down it might be time to just take a mini vacation from them.

That was literally 3 days ago.

Hey, it's been three days!

Mr_Zombie

A little late to the party, but let me join the "show your beard" crowd. :)
8R2TWpi.jpg

It's a little patchy but whatever :p

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I can't grow my beard because of work. Its anti-hygienic for a Security Officer to have a beard. (Thats what they actually told me SMH)

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Have you ever taken xanax or any benzodiazepines? Maybe they would benefit you... they seem to help me when I'm experiencing a particularly low valley. They'll help you sleep, too. It'd be much better than painkillers to explain to your parents because you could get a prescription for them. (Which might be difficult, because loads of people think that they're addictive, and maybe they are, but that's so much better than having major depressive disorder.) You should see a doctor anyway. What you're describing is most definitely a medical problem and its not going to get better on its own. Just don't mention that you're suicidal or you'll never get the good drugs or you might even get detained.

Ehhh, that's not really an option for me. At least, not while I still live with my parents.

The only thing I can really do it just get on with it, I guess.

BeesEight

It gets really itchy after two weeks though. How long until that goes away? Also my facial hair is pitch black, not sure if that would go well with my blond hair.

Yeah, I inevitably shave mine once it starts getting itchy. So, unless you're actually planning on going for the full beard look (for me the itchiness only lasts a couple of days) you could just grow up to then.

And a black beard on blonde might be really awesome! My beard is kind of reddish-brown while my hair is darker.

btkadams

It gets really itchy after two weeks though. How long until that goes away? Also my facial hair is pitch black, not sure if that would go well with my blond hair.

i actually find dark beards with blonde hair to be superhot, so i wouldn't let that discourage you. go for it!

Dany

Banned
The itching goes away after a couple of weeks.

And after a long and intense study of bearded/nonbeareded LGBT member's I can safely say that the beards make y'all 10x hotter!
3AQmK.gif

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
CHEEZMO™;52797114 said:
Ehhh, that's not really an option for me. At least, not while I still live with my parents.

Could you explain why, please. Have you abused prescriptions in the past?

Looking back, I regret not taking full advantage of being covered by my family's medical plan while I was young enough and still at home. It's been almost 18 years now since I've had any insurance or seen a doctor/physician for anything and being without scares me more every year.

RM8

I've always thought you pretty much can only have one: long-ish hair or facial hair. Since my black mop isn't going anywhere I really don't feel like adding more hair to my head. So clean-shaven I shall remain :p

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

What an irresponsible post. I can't fathom how you can advise a suicidal individual to get medical help but to specifically not mention THEY'RE SUICIDAL!! so they can get the "good drugs" (which are primarily anxiolytic and have minimal effect on depression). What the fuck is wrong with you?

Benzodiazepines don't treat suicidal impulses; they're for generalized anxiety, panic disorder, agoraphobia and the like. They're also not what you're going to receive from any non-quack for insomnia, as they cause the same physiological changes and chronic effects on your body as alcohol and barbiturate use and are riskier to withdraw from than opiates. I was on Klonopin for a couple years and asking my psychiatrist to taper off was one of the best--and most difficult--things I've ever done. The anxiolytic properties weren't working on me anymore but I still had a terrible addiction, and that I learned is the common outcome of chronic benzo use.

If you're going to get help take advantage of it and be honest with your doctor, even (especially?) about existing addictions or self-medication. Unless you don't care about your condition improving and are trying to score drugs for recreational use or to sell there's nothing to gain from being dishonest.

Delio

I'm... a little confused. But to answer your question, of course you deserve friends, Del. You're a really sweet, funny, caring guy so don't even entertain the thought that you should be lonely. I would probably recommend not putting other people's happiness above your own. You can try, but in the end you're not responsible for their mood - only they are.

If you're spending a lot of time trying to please others, maybe you should take a day or whatever and just focus on yourself. Find something you like and just take care of the number 1 for once. Especially if others are bringing you down it might be time to just take a mini vacation from them.

Hey, it's been three days!

Maybe I should take a day or so to myself. I was just in a dark place last night I'm better today after talking with people. Also thank you even tho I don't consider myself funny lol.

Mr_Zombie

Why thank you. I don't mind being sexually harassed by you. :3

I just got a haircut today, looks pretty similar to yours :)
Pics! :D

When it gets itchy, you can shampoo the beard or use a baby oil to sooth the skin. And as Trigger and btkadams said, dark facial hair and blond hair can look hot. Try it, you don't risk anything (well, other than the itchiness) - if you won't like it you can simply shave it away. :p

Maybe I should take a day or so to myself. I was just in a dark place last night I'm better today after talking with people. Also thank you even tho I don't consider myself funny lol.

Maybe not funny funny, but you certainly give an impression of a person that it's really nice to spend time with. :)

Delio

We all want that, but not everyone accomplishes that *sighs*

IMO you and DMprince are the funny ones here

Being compared to DMprince >_>

Why thank you. I don't mind being sexually harassed by you. :3

Pics! :D

When it gets itchy, you can shampoo the beard or use a baby oil to sooth the skin. And as Trigger and btkadams said, dark facial hair and blond hair can look hot. Try it, you don't risk anything (well, other than the itchiness) - if you won't like it you can simply shave it away. :p

Maybe not funny funny, but you certainly give an impression of a person that it's really nice to spend time with. :)

Well thanks. I can only hope I give off that impression.

Dead Man

I don't know what that means. Is that like slang for shounen or something?

Edit: God damn it, I'm the only one in my cabin doing any work around here.

Google indicates it is not something that should be searched for on a work computer.

Shotacon (ショタコン shotakon?), sometimes shortened to shota (ショタ shota?), is a Japanese slang portmanteau of the phrase Shōtarō complex (正太郎コンプレックス shōtarō konpurekkusu?) and describes an attraction to young boys, an individual with such an attraction, or stories about an older female afflicted with such an attraction.

:/

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Ew. No one actually calls people that in real life I'm guessing, so some weirdos online called you "a shota" or what? chrishansen.jpg

Edit: If you were born in '84 I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Ew. No one actually calls people that in real life I'm guessing, so some weirdos online called you "a shota" or what? chrishansen.jpg

Edit: If you were born in '84 I don't think you have anything to worry about.

It was someone on my Twitter feed. My age. :l

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom