• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RM8

I want these so bad:

469438_f.jpg
88099_f.jpg

214887_f.jpg
465356_f.jpg

I don't really have gaming shirts, and these look really cool actually :p

Tell me about it. Yeah, sometimes I think it's better to have the guy ignoring me right from the beginning than to talk for ages only to suddenly stop talking. I mean, I get why they do it but it still sucks when it happens to you. And hey, the same is true about you. They'll be lucky to have you. ;)

I totally agree! I'd much rather be rejected right off the bat before I invest so much of myself into it. That happened to me sort of recently. It sucks so much. :( but last night I did go on a first date with this guy who moved here from Australia about a month ago. And it actually went really well I think. So I hope we hang out again.. Hopefully.. Haha o_o

I.. Oh.. I'm a bit flustered now... O_O.. :3!

Willam has to be pretty well off money wise.
Most of her shoes are red bottom louboutin pumps, those things are over a thousand dollars.
I wouldn't even dream of buying shoes that expensive, unless I know I'm going to be making enough money to fund the inevitable addiction that will come with them. lol

Yeah!! She has so many louboutin's!!! They're all so beautiful ;_; the nude lady peeps. Lawd.

Christopher

Do any of you guys ever want to get married?

I've been to one gay wedding for my best friend growing up and couldn't have been happier for him - really something else to see they are both the best.

I've been to one gay wedding for my best friend growing up and couldn't have been happier for him - really something else to see they are both the best.

I think I've been planning my future wedding since I was little :p I'm Italian though.. So we're kinda famous for our big weddings.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Speaking of communication, am I the only one who feels that everyone is waiting for someone else to message first on almost all apps? I mean what are we doing? I've seen guys who repeatedly check my profile but never bother to say anything. Am I just a fap material to them? Kinda regret unlocking the private pics sometimes. :/

You have nudes on your profile? Maybe if you take them down people won't objectify you as much?

Not really. If I did, the wedding would have to be something really low key. I can't stand weddings.

RM8

Not really. If I did, the wedding would have to be something really low key. I can't stand weddings.
Basically. If it happens it's going to be because it's important to my partner, as I don't think it matters at all, and it's absolutely going to be something very small, private and unpretentious. Weddings are wasteful and stressful for young couples who should be saving that money for more important stuff :p

Totally. I think one of the perks of being gay and new to the wedding scene is that we're not tied down by tradition. We can basically do what we want rather than what centuries of tradition have dictated appropriate. Especially being Italian, I feel there are expectations when it comes to tradition that I'd rather bypass.

Whatever I wind up having, I want the ceremony to be incredibly sort, almost as just an introduction to the reception (10-15 mins tops). People are there to party with you, have fun, and celebrate. I'd love to do a rooftop thing or museum space in NYC. I've seen some incredibly creative and beautiful venues that would fit my ideal wedding scenario.

Vazduh

Probably not, but never say never. It's not that I don't believe in monogamous relationships, because I do, it's just that the probability of me finding a perfect soul mate isn't very high ;__;

Although if I ever had a wedding, it would be something pretty small because like RatskyWatsky, I really don't like weddings, especially wedding receptions. My first cousin is getting married in less than two weeks and I have to attend, my seat is already reserved. Ugh, I'll have to buy a shirt and wear shoes (I almost never wear shoes, only sneakers). Kill me.

To rub salt in the wound, that guy I'm crushing on asked me if I was going to a concert with him. TRUST is, of course, playing on the exact same day in Zagreb.

a1AN57Y_460sa.gif

Sorry, had to vent somewhere.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Totally. I think one of the perks of being gay and new to the wedding scene is that we're not tied down by tradition. We can basically do what we want rather than what centuries of tradition have dictated appropriate. Especially being Italian, I feel there are expectations when it comes to tradition that I'd rather bypass.

99% of wedding traditions make my skin crawl. I hate that gays are now expected to partake in all that bullshit.
I mean, it's nice they/we now have the option, but you know what I mean

Sai-kun

Banned
99% of wedding traditions make my skin crawl. I hate that gays are now expected to partake in all that bullshit.
I mean, it's nice they/we now have the option, but you know what I mean

Probably not, but never say never. It's not that I don't believe in monogamous relationships, because I do, it's just that the probability of me finding a perfect soul mate isn't very high ;__;

Although if I ever had a wedding, it would be something pretty small because like RatskyWatsky, I really don't like weddings, especially wedding receptions. My first cousin is getting married in less than two weeks and I have to attend, my seat is already reserved. Ugh, I'll have to buy a shirt and wear shoes (I almost never wear shoes, only sneakers). Kill me.
There's a lot of crazy stuff surrounding weddings too that I find superfluous.

For example: why must there be an Engagement Party, a Bridal Shower, a Bachelor/Bachelorette Party, AND THEN the wedding. You're asking people to do (and spend) a lot. I was heavily involved in two weddings over the past five years and by the end of it I was so fatigued that it took something away from the actual event.

RM8

Not all people want marriage/kids regardless of age, I think. Also, I may not want to get married, but I do want a long-term relationship. I just don't want the process of getting married :p

Caladrius

I love it when someone promises to message me and always seems to forget.

I feel so valued.

---

It's not so much that I don't want kids so much as that I couldn't take care of them.

I've done supervised babysitting before and I've found I don't have the temperament to take care of kids for extended periods of time.

I'm good with kids, and I like them, but it's a really serious decision and I'm not committed enough to the idea. A lot of people do it because it's a presumed 'next step' in life, and I'm sure they want it too so it's not really like it's not valid or anything, but I'm trying to consider the direction that my life takes in such a serious way that I can't really view it that way at all. Everything has to be really open for me to determine whatever course I do take, it's not even really that I'm the sort of person that prefers things be open ended.

Children are cool~ However, I doubt that I could properly look after them for any more than a night or two, thus... I suppose I should stick away from parenting. A pity. I get on well with kids.

On the topic of kids, I do want them at some point. Having been around friends already popping out children, I know it is not yet for me though.

It's another reason I don't want to spend an exorbitant amount on a wedding. I'd like to do artificial insemination with the same egg donor (so that my partner and I's kids will be related on the mother's side) and that is going to cost a FORTUNE. Basically, what Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka have. Two kids, same egg donor, sperm from each of them.

I've heard about open relationships where the woman and the man get themselves a transgender-prostitute for a threesome. Or they think a random transwoman on Facebook (I get most chasers on FB because they wouldn't know otherwise) would be open for sex. Maybe I should remove any hint at my trans-status.

Damn, that's crazy.

Yeah!! She has so many louboutin's!!! They're all so beautiful ;_; the nude lady peeps. Lawd.
IKR? Oooooo child, I'd kill a mofo for those gorgeous pumps.
I love a girl with great taste in shoes!

This is entirely justified. Cats are more quiet (well, barring that damn wild thing that appeared in my garden yesterday), and you get covered in less sick.

LOLLL yes! I love kitties so much <3 and they usually just gravitate to me. Maybe it's all the naps I take.. I might be like a cat-boy or something..

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Cats don't like me all that much, neither do dogs. I need to work hard to get their attention.

I envy other people like my mom who naturally attract animals.

Menaged

I don't want to get married per se, but I do want an awesome party to celebrate my love to someone. I've been to my cousin's uncle last week, and it was so nice seeing them under the "hupa" and everyone's so happy for them.

As for kids - definitely. To the point where I feel I've somehow failed if I don't have any. I have no idea how or when it's gonna happen, but I truly hope it will.

In the meantime, I'm confused as hell regarding the guy I'm dating with. As usual, I lack any ounce of self confidince, so even without any facts, I thought he's going to break it up yesterday.
When he called at 8pm to check how I'm doing, I was sure he's calling to have the talk.
But he wasn't, and it was just a normal chat...

BUT, I have no idea what's going on exactly. I don't know if he's bad at showing affection, if he doesn't want to give me affection - I have no clue.
When we met on saturday he wouldn't let me kiss him goodbye, so today before we went our seperate ways, I asked him what should I do. He said he doesn't like to kiss in public (although it was dark and lonely), so we just said goodbye...

I offered to go to my place, but he said he needs to get up early. When I wanted to go to his place yesterday, he said he needs to get some sleep so he'd rather not.

Anyway, I'm confused. He won't be here during the weekend, so I'll try again on wednesday, and if he'll refuse again I guess I'll have to talk with him and try to figure out what's going on. I feel like we're just friends (and I like him in that sense), but I want so much more... :\

(sorry for another long post, and sorry for mostly venting and not helping as well)

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I don't want to get married per se, but I do want an awesome party to celebrate my love to someone. I've been to my cousin's uncle last week, and it was so nice seeing them under the "hupa" and everyone's so happy for them.

As for kids - definitely. To the point where I feel I've somehow failed if I don't have any. I have no idea how or when it's gonna happen, but I truly hope it will.

In the meantime, I'm confused as hell regarding the guy I'm dating with. As usual, I lack any ounce of self confidince, so even without any facts, I thought he's going to break it up yesterday.
When he called at 8pm to check how I'm doing, I was sure he's calling to have the talk.
But he wasn't, and it was just a normal chat...

BUT, I have no idea what's going on exactly. I don't know if he's bad at showing affection, if he doesn't want to give me affection - I have no clue.
When we met on saturday he wouldn't let me kiss him goodbye, so today before we went our seperate ways, I asked him what should I do. He said he doesn't like to kiss in public (although it was dark and lonely), so we just said goodbye...

I offered to go to my place, but he said he needs to get up early. When I wanted to go to his place yesterday, he said he needs to get some sleep so he'd rather not.

Anyway, I'm confused. He won't be here during the weekend, so I'll try again on wednesday, and if he'll refuse again I guess I'll have to talk with him and try to figure out what's going on. I feel like we're just friends (and I like him in that sense), but I want so much more... :\

(sorry for another long post, and sorry for mostly venting and not helping as well)

The guy seems to be a bit awkward. Give it time to see if things change maybe discuss this with him at a good time.

I'm quite awkward at times so yeah lol.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Oh okay.

Gotta hunker down for those finols.

Pyrokai

GAF, I need some advice:

So I moved to a new area last July, and I still haven't really made any new friends. I finally have been going out more often even though I never have luck meeting anyone. Well, I finally met someone and he happens to be a bartender at this gay bar I like. He is really into me but I am not interested in him at all other than being friends. I've flat out told him this, and even with him knowing this he is insisting we still go out to eat. I'm too nice and naïve to say no, so I agreed to it. I reiterated again that I just want to be friends. I've delayed the "date" a couple times now, but it looks like it's happening for real on Wednesday. I don't want to go at all but I don't know what to do. He's the only person I've become friends with here, but I think he's trying to win me over and it just isn't going to work. Zero attraction.

What do I do?

Edit: He was a little pushy in planning this which is the only reason I agreed to it. I'm also a pushover. My experience in the dating and bar scene is poop so I'm really not sure what to do.

Bladenic

Marriage - yes. I mean, I'm not 100%, but I definitely want to find "the one."

As for kids, ugh. I don't know. I don't like kids. Plus I wouldn't wanna adopt, so artificial insemination via surrogate would be the only way to go for me.

Marriage - yes. I mean, I'm not 100%, but I definitely want to find "the one."

As for kids, ugh. I don't know. I don't like kids. Plus I wouldn't wanna adopt, so artificial insemination via surrogate would be the only way to go for me.

If I were to have kids (probably unlikely) I feel like adoption would be my first choice probably, personally!

GAF, I need some advice:

So I moved to a new area last July, and I still haven't really made any new friends. I finally have been going out more often even though I never have luck meeting anyone. Well, I finally met someone and he happens to be a bartender at this gay bar I like. He is really into me but I am not interested in him at all other than being friends. I've flat out told him this, and even with him knowing this he is insisting we still go out to eat. I'm too nice and naïve to say no, so I agreed to it. I reiterated again that I just want to be friends. I've delayed the "date" a couple times now, but it looks like it's happening for real on Wednesday. I don't want to go at all but I don't know what to do. He's the only person I've become friends with here, but I think he's trying to win me over and it just isn't going to work. Zero attraction.

What do I do?

Edit: He was a little pushy in planning this which is the only reason I agreed to it. I'm also a pushover. My experience in the dating and bar scene is poop so I'm really not sure what to do.
file a restraining order.

Jk. Stop being nice and move on. Or move again or find a new place to go. Or just ignore him.

Replicant

Marriage? Maybe if I can find the right guy. I can't even get a BF atm so that's the last thing I want to be thinking about.

I totally agree! I'd much rather be rejected right off the bat before I invest so much of myself into it. That happened to me sort of recently. It sucks so much. :( but last night I did go on a first date with this guy who moved here from Australia about a month ago. And it actually went really well I think. So I hope we hang out again.. Hopefully.. Haha o_o

I.. Oh.. I'm a bit flustered now... O_O.. :3!

Aww, best of luck with the guy.
Ha ha, now I'm kind of jealous of him

You have nudes on your profile? Maybe if you take them down people won't objectify you as much?

It's kind of pointless not having nudes on the profile since they'll eventually ask for it and then I'll have to go through my photo gallery and upload it for them. I have them locked and only unlocked them if people ask for it. And it's not like I let all people to see them. There's this hot guy from France who keeps looking at it and frankly, I don't mind. :p

Bladenic

So the series looking makes gay people look Luke they can't be in a serious monogynous relationship.

I think they are exploring many relationship angles just like any show does for straight couples. That being said, I do hope they address the cheating in a serious manner in S2. As for the threesome aspect, it was clear Frank wasn't really into it but just went along for the sake of Augustin.

And poor Dom just needs to be loved (although I guess with him they're showing the casual Grindr hookups as well as young/older encounters).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom