• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww, best of luck with the guy.
Ha ha, now I'm kind of jealous of him

There's no need :p he messaged me this afternoon saying he wasn't interested. LOL! At least he was able to tell me right away. I don't know if I was really super interested either.
he's not you, after all.

Christopher

I think they are exploring many relationship angles just like any show does for straight couples. That being said, I do hope they address the cheating in a serious manner in S2. As for the threesome aspect, it was clear Frank wasn't really into it but just went along for the sake of Augustin.

And poor Dom just needs to be loved (although I guess with him they're showing the casual Grindr hookups as well as young/older encounters).

I suppose but it came off really really bad

Settled back in Miami (although I haven't really started unpacking yet). Gonna enjoy having 3 months to myself before I head off to grad school. =P

Just wanted to say hi. I've been in Mexico since last Wednesday. Lots of work but that's OK. Haven't seen much of the city but it's been really nice so far, I love the weather and at least you can walk outside without the fear of being murdered.

I miss my "boyfriend". That guy I was dating. He bought me a couple of gifts before I left and gave me a letter which, among other things said he loved me. I love him too and I called him after I read it (the night before leaving) just to say it back. I really like him, both physically and emotionally. I hope it's not the end, we've been chatting/skyping
/sexting

He's turning 22 this Wednesday and I hate not being there. He's going to Vegas to see Britney in September so I'm thinking of maybe going there and spend the weekend with him but he's going with family so I'm not sure if it's doable.

Hope you guys are doing great. I'll probably buy a PS4 soon if everything goes well :D

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
There's a lot of crazy stuff surrounding weddings too that I find superfluous.

For example: why must there be an Engagement Party, a Bridal Shower, a Bachelor/Bachelorette Party, AND THEN the wedding. You're asking people to do (and spend) a lot.

Yep. The bridal shower and bachelor parties are even worse because the friends are supposed to foot the bill.

"Hey I've decided to get married and thus, make a spectacle of my relationship, so I'm gonna need you to throw me multiple parties and give me presents (but only the ones I've specified!) mmkay?"

GTFO

It's kind of pointless not having nudes on the profile since they'll eventually ask for it and then I'll have to go through my photo gallery and upload it for them. I have them locked and only unlocked them if people ask for it. And it's not like I let all people to see them. There's this hot guy from France who keeps looking at it and frankly, I don't mind. :p

But, I mean, if you're looking for a relationship and not hook ups, then why not just brush off the people who ask for nudes (if that's all they're interested in)? Let them see your nudes irl after you've started a relationship. Make em work for dat shit brah!

So the series looking makes gay people look Luke they can't be in a serious monogynous relationship.
I can certainly understand that as I feel I am the same way.
I have a lot of girl friends
Coincidentally, my mom just mailed me some old photos and one was of ten-year old me giving a dog biscuit "cake" to my German Shepherd, who was also wearing a dixie cup birthday hat decorated with streamers.
Cute. Sounds like something worth sharing here if you're ever up for it. :) I hate how our pets can only stay with us for such a short period of time.

mantidor

Just wanted to say hi. I've been in Mexico since last Wednesday. Lots of work but that's OK. Haven't seen much of the city but it's been really nice so far, I love the weather and at least you can walk outside without the fear of being murdered.

I miss my "boyfriend". That guy I was dating. He bought me a couple of gifts before I left and gave me a letter which, among other things said he loved me. I love him too and I called him after I read it (the night before leaving) just to say it back. I really like him, both physically and emotionally. I hope it's not the end, we've been chatting/skyping
/sexting

He's turning 22 this Wednesday and I hate not being there. He's going to Vegas to see Britney in September so I'm thinking of maybe going there and spend the weekend with him but he's going with family so I'm not sure if it's doable.

Hope you guys are doing great. I'll probably buy a PS4 soon if everything goes well :D

If I may ask, did you leave Venezuela because of the political situation? Things sound bad but we really have no idea since information has been really filtered, even though we are neighbors.

If I may ask, did you leave Venezuela because of the political situation? Things sound bad but we really have no idea since information has been really filtered, even though we are neighbors.
I left because the place is a hell to live in. One of the highest inflation rates on earth (3rd according to wikipedia). You have to queue for hours to buy groceries, even the most basic things are really hard to find (most recently deodoarant). One of the most violent countries in the world as well. The list goes on and on.

Yep. The bridal shower and bachelor parties are even worse because the friends are supposed to foot the bill.

"Hey I've decided to get married and thus, make a spectacle of my relationship, so I'm gonna need you to throw me multiple parties and give me presents (but only the ones I've specified!) mmkay?"

GTFO
Yeah, the whole thing comes off as super obnoxious and conceited... now I feel like a curmudgeon.
But, I mean, if you're looking for a relationship and not hook ups, then why not just brush off the people who ask for nudes (if that's all they're interested in)? Let them see your nudes irl after you've started a relationship. Make em work for dat shit brah!
Yeah, I concur here. Take those nudes down!
Just wanted to say hi. I've been in Mexico since last Wednesday.

Congrats on the move! Good luck with the transition. Oh, and hit us up for PSN IDs when you get that PS4 :-D

God, playing FFX-HD. At the part when (FFX spoilers)
the story intersects with itself in Zanarkand. The feels you get when you finally understand their somber predicament. It paints that whole iconic scene in a brand new light. It's heartbreaking.

#GrumpyGays
1e93c33a01a2d50545bc083a045375e0.jpeg

Rayis

Put me in the camp that also hates weddings, they're kind of a waste of time and money imo, I don't need a big ass ceremony to prove my love to someone, civil marriage without a ceremony for me and that's it.

Also kids, I actually do want to adopt kids at some point, but I know the process for adoption is grueling so I don't know if I will ever get there.

GTFO

Makes sense for rich peeps in Victorian times or whatever, but seems kind of out of place now.

Caladrius

Really we just need one of them blood-brothers type sort of things instead of weddings.

Sure I'd piss and moan the entire time but it's good to know that someone would bleed for ya.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
If I ever get married I'll have a mongolion blood brotherhood ceremony, where we nick each others palms with knives and mix our blood.

Makes sense for rich peeps in Victorian times or whatever, but seems kind of out of place now.

Exactly! Tradition for tradition's sake is stupid.
Here here! I think that's what bugs me the most. People don't understand why they're doing it. They just do it because they think they're supposed to. I can't imagine the thought process that goes behind an engagement party 2+ years out from a wedding. I'd rather go out to dinner with a small group of family and friends than having a mini-wedding in a hall or restaurant venue.

"But they use the money from the engagement party to help pay for the wedding!"

Oh, so it's a fundraiser for your already overblown party that is clearly beyond your budget when I'll also have to provide yet another gift to help fund your nine-day fuck fest in Europe?

Rabble rabble rabble!

mantidor

You people are so jaded. :p

If you find someone special enough that you want to stay with that person for the rest of your life, I think your friends, if they are really your friends, would be thrilled, and they will throw you as many parties as possible with such person.

Of course if you do things because of social norms, it sucks, but that is our great advantage as gay people, there have never been actual "gay" marriages in societies, it was a rare thing, and always treated completely different than the way we are treating it now. So we get to make our own customs and create our own families, I'm really looking forward to the idea of creating my own kind of bachelor party, and my own kind of shower and specially my own kind of wedding, I don't have to settle for a social norm, and the best thing is that no one would be expecting such a thing.

Haly

It's good you specified after, else some of our esteemed gaygaffers would be getting hosed and start pouring drink into their fresh bonding wounds.

Well heated wine was once used for wound cleansing in place of medicinal alcohol.

You people are so jaded. :p

If you find someone special enough that you want to stay with that person for the rest of your life, I think your friends, if they are really your friends, would be thrilled, and they will throw you as many parties as possible with such person.

Of course if you do things because of social norms, it sucks, but that is our great advantage as gay people, there have never been actual "gay" marriages in societies, it was a rare thing, and always treated completely different than the way we are treating it now. So we get to make our own customs and create our own families, I'm really looking forward to the idea of creating my own kind of bachelor party, and my own kind of shower and specially my own kind of wedding, I don't have to settle for a social norm, and the best thing is that no one would be expecting such a thing.
I do not protest to the notion that I might be jaded :-|

And yes, I love my friends. I am happy for my friends when they get married. But, with anything, there's a limit. After party #2 celebrating upcoming party #4, it gets old.

RM8

Well, precisely, I'll create my own kind of wedding! It'll be a small, simple, private wedding that will only take place if my hypothetical partner really wants it and refuses to get convinced otherwise :p

If I'm channeling some kind of lofty romantic ideal I don't even get the social aspect of weddings tbh, I feel like it somehow dilutes the hyper-idyllic image of a closed circle (never mind that that doesn't really exist). Marriage can be us fucking by a fjord and never having to recognize that other people still exist in the world. That kind of mythology is more fun.

Just kidding, marriage isn't a mythology, it just doesn't really do anything for me romantically tbh

Haly

Those crazy Norwegians and their crazy sex culture.

If I'm channeling some kind of lofty romantic ideal I don't even get the social aspect of weddings tbh, I feel like it somehow dilutes the hyper-idyllic image of a closed circle (never mind that that doesn't really exist). Marriage can be us fucking by a fjord and never having to recognize that other people still exist in the world. That kind of mythology is more fun.

Just kidding, marriage isn't a mythology, it just doesn't really do anything for me romantically tbh
giphy.gif

Haly

I didn't know you were a viking, Bo.

I bet you're like seven foot tall.

fuck Teen Wolf is coming back on June 23 omfg omfgg yaaassss I hope I don't cry as much as I did last season
Yes!!!! This calls for a sexy Tyler Posey dance.
tumblr_mqalbrEAsF1rk26ubo1_500.gif

Can't wait for the new regular gay cast member.
Now let's have Stiles explore some of that inferred bisexuality

RM8

I must be a very unlucky guy. I once watched part of a Teen Wolf episode. There were no shirtless guys. There were shirtless girls.

I must be a very unlucky guy. I once watched part of a Teen Wolf episode. There were no shirtless guys. There were shirtless girls.
That is incredibly unlucky... You can't throw a stone in that show without hitting an incredibly ripped, twenty something playing a teenager. Try again!

Koppai

So I found out my boyfriend got us rings with both our names on us to wear. We were having an argument about some stupid friend drama and he diffused the situation by telling me he got us some rings, showed me the picture. But he hasn't given it me yet...

O_O

I feel bad, he finally got another job and I have applied for like 50 and haven't received any. I'm losing hope :(

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Really we just need one of them blood-brothers type sort of things instead of weddings.

Sure I'd piss and moan the entire time but it's good to know that someone would bleed for ya.

If I ever get married I'll have a mongolion blood brotherhood ceremony, where we nick each others palms with knives and mix our blood.

I like the way youse twos think! ;)

People don't understand why they're doing it. They just do it because they think they're supposed to.

It reminds me of (NSFW language) this video which explains the origins of diamond engagement rings. Basically, one day a diamond company told men that they should buy diamond engagement rings for their women and that's how it became a thing. There's literally no meaning behind it (or most wedding traditions - anymore anyway) and yet people still cling to it like it's the most important thing in the world.

Eh.

I mean, any couple can create their own type of wedding. You don't have to be gay to do that. But, like, most of the weddings (straight and gay) that I've seen have all been that same generic shit that we're talking about. Now that gays can marry, instead of saying "Now we get to make our own customs and create our own families, I'm really looking forward to the idea of creating my own kind of bachelor party, and my own kind of shower and specially my own kind of wedding, I don't have to settle for a social norm!", it seems like they're* just adopting the traditional gross narcissistic ostentatious sort of wedding that straight people are so accustomed to.

*generalizing, ya ya blah blah

So I found out my boyfriend got us rings with both our names on us to wear. We were having an argument about some stupid friend drama and he diffused the situation by telling me he got us some rings, showed me the picture. But he hasn't given it me yet...

O_O

I feel bad, he finally got another job and I have applied for like 50 and haven't received any. I'm losing hope :(

Don't lose hope!! I know it's hard in this day and age but you'll get one! :) congrats to your boyfriend on his :)

Vazduh

"But they use the money from the engagement party to help pay for the wedding!"

Oh, so it's a fundraiser for your already overblown party that is clearly beyond your budget when I'll also have to provide yet another gift to help fund your nine-day fuck fest in Europe?

It goes like that in the States? There's a "fundraiser" before the wedding reception? Eek! Here in Croatia, the wedding reception is the fundraiser. The worst thing is that in the region where I live (the eastern part), those receptions are huge, there's always over 300-400 people... I remember when one of my cousins had 700 people at his wedding reception, I shit you not. Not only his relatives, neighbors, close friends, but probably every acquaintance he met, lol

I'd rather go out to dinner with a small group of family and friends than having a mini-wedding in a hall or restaurant venue.

This is how I'd like for my "reception" to look like, if I ever got married. Nothing overblown, something very simple for me and my loved ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom