• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kater

Banned
I went to dine today at some fast food place with a guy from work and he asked me (again!) if I ever had a girlfriend. I said that I had not. (Which is the truth btw. I only licked a girl once and even then I was drunk. I also kisses several, also on various substances.)
I think he thinks that I'm just shy and that's why I don't get girls.
At the same time I think he may be into me.
The thing is, he avoids talking about himself so I can't be sure. Drives me mad!
Also, he's a loonie, I think. Talks a lot about the Punisher and glorifies him. Very misanthropic worldview.
Very interesting. I love his character.
(Sorry for all that drunk blabbering and the amount of editing of this post)

He passed away today.

I feel numb.
Hope he is in a better place now. My condolences. I am shedding a tear for him!

mantidor

I went to dine today at some fast food place with a guy from work and he asked me (again!) if I ever had a girlfriend. I said that I had not. (Which is the truth btw. I only licked a girl once and even then I was drunk. I also kisses several, also on various substances.)
I think he thinks that I'm just shy and that's why I don't get girls.
At the same time I think he may be into me.
The thing is, he avoids talking about himself so I can't be sure. Drives me mad!
Also, he's a loonie, I think. Talks a lot about the Punisher and glorifies him. Very misanthropic worldview.
Very interesting. I love his character.
(Sorry for all that drunk blabbering and the amount of editing of this post)

hmmm... ask?

Anyone know of an easy to use online gif resizing site? There's something I want to post on another site, but the file size is too big.

Edit: Whoops, definitely posted this in the wrong thread. Still open to suggestions though.

Vazduh

Well, there's EzGif, but it's too limited (12 MB max). Maybe GifCam? It's a great tool, not only for making gifs, putting captions on them, but also resizing them. Try that one.

Saw the new X-men movie last night. Awesome, especially the Whiplash scene in the Pentagon.

Seeing Hugh Jackmans ass was a nice plus as well.

Vazduh

So is it possible to have a bad trip from marijuana? Like a really bad trip?

It happened to my friend's boyfriend, but he was really nervous and a bit paranoid that day (he was about to lose his job), so smoking didn't help the matters much, so after he smoked, he really freaked out to the point where my friend swore she'd never smoke with him ever again.

I had a few weird experiences with pot myself, where I'd start sweating profusely and feeling like I was about to faint, and that feeling would last for over two hours. I don't know how and why, but it happened to me three times, and it was really horrible, so I don't smoke it anymore. I guess I'm one of the unlucky ones.

How about you? What happened?

I have had a shitty experience with space cake. Started hearing weird things, lost my balance, went on my bike (stupid) and sometimes the road stretched forward infinitely or dissapeared. Spent the night puking.

Don't take three slices.

I don't really think it's possible, but if you're hating life or having a bad day weed isn't going to magically make it a good one or even a better one.

That isn't even remotely what happened.

As for the experience:

Had a psuedo out of body experience almost. Became paranoid I was slipped something. Didn't feel like myself, more like an observer of myself.... If that makes any sense. Not pleasant.

Senses became wonky. I can remember hearing but not being able to make out what the sound (besides speech) were. Had tunnel vision.

MarkusRJR

As for the experience:

Had a psuedo out of body experience almost. Became paranoid I was slipped something. Didn't feel like myself, more like an observer of myself.... If that makes any sense. Not pleasant.
I didn't imply it was what happened. You asked a question and I answered.

I had that also when I used to smoke weed (sometimes when I'm drunk too). It also happens when I'm incredibly exhausted after a long day of work. I kind of got used to it though (at least in regard to weed/alchohol). Feels kind of like you're on autopilot. I also had moments where I'd blank out mentally during this (only when it gets pretty bad). That was probably the only legitimately negative part I've had being high and I don't really consider it a "bad high". Compared to others things it can't really be classified as "bad". Once you've had a legit "bad high" something like that isn't really similar.

Who in Gay-Gaf is getting MK8 tonight? Also, which free game should I get? I'm torn between Pikmin 3 and Wind Waker HD. I've already played WW on the GC but loved it immensely.

RM8

I'm buying it the second it makes it to Mexican retail stores because I like physical copies :( We usually get games simultaneously, with some weird exceptions. My usual go-to store sometimes breaks street dates (I got Brawl one week before most people in the world, lol), but sadly not this time. Actually, the last exceptions I can think of were Sticker Star and Fire Emblem: Awakening, which clearly means Intelligent Systems hates Mexico.

Also, lol at the Mercedes-Benz kart.

Lucario

I wouldn't call it a 'bad trip', but you can absolutely have shitty experiences on pot. It isn't too common, but I've seen it happen.

It happens most when the experience is more intense than expected, which throws people off. This is most common with edibles -- they're usually made by (and for) experienced smokers with ridiculous tolerances, so eating more than one pot brownie as a beginner is going to scare the shit out of you.

I'm buying it the second it makes it to Mexican retail stores because I like physical copies :( We usually get games simultaneously, with some weird exceptions. My usual go-to store sometimes breaks street dates (I got Brawl one week before most people in the world, lol), but sadly not this time. Actually, the last exceptions I can think of were Sticker Star and Fire Emblem: Awakening, which clearly means Intelligent Systems hates Mexico.

Also, lol at the Mercedes-Benz kart.
So when are you expecting it? It's so weird, I've gone all-digital with my Nintendo platforms. The last physical game I purchased was Fire Emblem Awakening for the 3DS and Wonderful 101 for Wii U. Everything else has been download.

That DLC looks pretty great. And it's free!

Caladrius

My condolences to Hours and Mantidor. I struggle to imagine the kind of stress that's causing you two.

Who in Gay-Gaf is getting MK8 tonight? Also, which free game should I get? I'm torn between Pikmin 3 and Wind Waker HD. I've already played WW on the GC but loved it immensely.

I is.
Unless your WW disc/Gamecube/Wii is in bad shape, I'd just get Pikmin 3.
My NNID is Giratina44, in case you wanted to add me.

My condolences to Hours and Mantidor. I struggle to imagine the kind of stress that's causing you two.

I is.
Unless your WW disc/Gamecube/Wii is in bad shape, I'd just get Pikmin 3.
My NNID is Giratina44, in case you wanted to add me.
Sweet! Will add you when I get home from work.

Yeah, I'm leaning more toward Pikmin 3...

RM8

So when are you expecting it? It's so weird, I've gone all-digital with my Nintendo platforms. The last physical game I purchased was Fire Emblem Awakening for the 3DS and Wonderful 101 for Wii U. Everything else has been download.

That DLC looks pretty great. And it's free!
Tomorrow, just confirmed :p

I'm okay with digital on Steam, or with cheaper games on PSN/eShop, but I'm a collector so I really like physical. Oh, and I'd get Pikmin personally.

Bailey 87

As for the experience:

Senses became wonky. I can remember hearing but not being able to make out what the sound (besides speech) were. Had tunnel vision.

I've experienced that once before. I think it was my 4th or 5th time smoking weed and I got so paranoid, ended up having a panic attack and thought I was going to die. What is weird is that whenever I think about that experience I can't help but smile. I find it hilarious that I basically tripped out on one of the mildest drugs :p

Talking about weed I actually reached 8 on the weed scale and I swear to this day it was the best feeling I have ever felt in my life.

RM8

Awesome news are awesome:

gceusfh.png

msxh0bj1sch0easlydrst5ufu.jpg

Why can't we have this soon? I want to play MK8 with my cube controller :(

Tomorrow, just confirmed :p

I'm okay with digital on Steam, or with cheaper games on PSN/eShop, but I'm a collector so I really like physical. Oh, and I'd get Pikmin personally.

Awesome news are awesome:

Why can't we have this soon? I want to play MK8 with my cube controller :(
Nice! I'll be seeing you on the racetrack :p

Consensus points to Pikmin 3. So it shall be.

That is amazing! I love how two whole generations later, the Gamecube controller still reins supreme.

daripad

I'm getting my copy tomorrow, but I still don't know if I'll pick the free game or try to sell the code for some eshop credit, because I prefer having my games phisically. Still don't know if someone would like to do that though, otherwise I still don't know if I would choose NSMBU or WWHD

I remember when I used to get really excited about anything Nintendo and now I can barely be excited for Smash :l
Nintendo games are the only ones I do get excited for these days. I have felt extremely out of the loop with all this Watch_Dogs love. Games like that just don't do anything for me anymore.
o h my fuck ing GOD I PASSED MY MATH AIMS YAAAAAASSSS
Congrats!
I'm getting my copy tomorrow, but I still don't know if I'll pick the free game or try to sell the code for some eshop credit, because I prefer having my games phisically. Still don't know if someone would like to do that though, otherwise I still don't know if I would choose NSMBU or WWHD
I really loved NSMBU... but if you haven't played WW before I do recommend that.

daripad

I remember when I used to get really excited about anything Nintendo and now I can barely be excited for Smash :l

I only get excited by Mario Kart and Smash.
I used to get excited for FIFA games but they stopped releasing them on Nintendo consoles :(

And congrats!

I really loved NSMBU... but if you haven't played WW before I do recommend that.

Yeah, never played WW, poor game has had a curse with me lol

Alrus

Failed my Neuroscience exam... Feels bad, oh well I get another go at it during the summer, will just need to put more work into it.

I have a locomotion (muscles and all that) exams next tuesday, that's going to be rough too :(

Nintendo games are the only ones I do get excited for these days. I have felt extremely out of the loop with all this Watch_Dogs love. Games like that just don't do anything for me anymore.

Congrats!

I only get excited by Mario Kart and Smash.
I used to get excited for FIFA games but they stopped releasing them on Nintendo consoles :(

And congrats!

Yeah, never played WW, poor game has had a curse with me lol

Congratulations~! At least someone, somewhere is passing something.
oh my god thank you guys! I had convinced myself that there was no way I was passing that one, I'm really happy idk
Failed my Neuroscience exam... Feels bad, oh well I get another go at it during the summer, will just need to put more work into it.

I have a locomotion (muscles and all that) exams next tuesday, that's going to be rough too :(
Good luck on your exams, those sound like really tough subjects.

Alrus

oh my god thank you guys! I had convinced myself that there was no way I was passing that one, I'm really happy idk

Good luck on your exams, those sound like really tough subjects.

THanks, congrats on your success :) Well I'm in med schools so yeah some subjects can be pretty hard. Anything that deals with memorizing a ton of stuff by heart which I'm pretty bad at.

Neuroscience is amazing though, it's such an interesting subject (and we still don't know how everything works). Locomotion I don't like nearly as much because it's mostly memorizing different muscles and their insertions on your bones and all that, not nearly as interesting.

Caladrius

o h my fuck ing GOD I PASSED MY MATH AIMS YAAAAAASSSS

Congraturation!

May just be time to step back for awhile. I felt the same way about LEGO after the Bionicle line ended, until I gave it a few years break. Then BAM 700$ of Lego sets in 5 months.
500$ of that was from Tax returns okay.

Sorry about that. If you've gone this far I'm pretty certain you can do it with a bit more oomph.

I don't look forward to when my courses start ramping up in difficulty. (They've been pushovers so far)

I'm going back to study philosophy (lol), I'm not really all that into the history of thought but I kind of see it as being like mental calisthenics. I like it because it's all a priori, investigating the internal logical consistency of systems, and accounting for shades of uncertainty and ambiguity, and clearly expressing and interpreting concepts as conveyed by language, which I find more interesting than a posteriori reasoning/empiricism. I mean I'm not really all that logically oriented of a person to begin with, but of those sorts of things that's the sort of thing I 'get' more readily and would prefer to get better at. Actually doing most science is bleh I think, much better to just think about things :p

Delio

I'm getting it. The old days of playing MKWii with Koodo, Crumpet and Moblin shall be relived tonight.

Oh add me if you want NNID: QueenDelio

Congraturation!

May just be time to step back for awhile. I felt the same way about LEGO after the Bionicle line ended, until I gave it a few years break. Then BAM 700$ of Lego sets in 5 months.
500$ of that was from Tax returns okay.

Sorry about that. If you've gone this far I'm pretty certain you can do it with a bit more oomph.

I don't look forward to when my courses start ramping up in difficulty. (They've been pushovers so far)
Thanks! And actually, I hadn't turned my PS3 on until today. I thought that since Summer started I would be playing a ton of games but eh.. not really feeling it. Still not done with FFXIII and I have to fight Barthandelus again and it's just blegh :/
I also see threads on Gaming and I just read a few words on the OP and then come back to a Community thread.

I hope E3 brings some spark back into me

Has anyone here watch The Normal Heart? I just finished it.

Started it incredibly skeptical but I really wound up liking the movie a whole lot. I think it's an important movie to have out there, and apparently 1.4 Million people tuned in for the premiere. I highly recommend it.

Spoilers:
Watching Matt Bomer's character gradually waste away and die was incredibly moving. There was some really powerful speeches throughout, and a lot of really hard to watch scenes. It's even more scary/depressing that there isn't really a resolution, as there still is no cure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom