• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RM8

Also, and while it might not be a popular opinion, I'd just stop trying to come out for the moment. I honestly don't regret never coming out to everyone back in school, and I'll never do it to anyone at work, period :/ But then I admittedly have never feel "oppressed" by people ignoring my sexuality. I only come out to very select people and that has never backfired so far... I'm convinced it's the "easiest" approach. That being said, this makes me appreciate my friends a ton :3 And I hope you're lucky enough to find people like them in the future.

Caladrius

Coming out is really one of those things you only do when there's a tangible benefit to it. Self-preservation is key.

-

So I called the hiring manager and all I got from him was a reminder to update my application. I thought he was going to ask questions or something like that.

Cue awkward silence.

I am so not hired.

Sai-kun

Banned
girlfriend status: ugh :3

a little belated, but her birthday package to me just arrived. damn this girl is amazinggggg

in other news, it's insanely fucking hot out today and i'm skipping class to enjoy the weather. what are y'all up to today?

RM8

Guy on Reddit: I got HIV and I've never had unprotected sex.
Me: Sorry to hear that, and idea on how you might have contracted it?
Guy on Reddit: I think it was by giving oral sex without a condom.

I mean. Man. Sigh.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Never going to have a one night stand ever.

#nofunallowed

alvmew

I mean. Man. Sigh.

Yup. There is a risk of it transmitting through oral sex - pretty low, but still there. And, of course, it escalates if you have any cuts or sores in your mouth (if you are the performing partner). DO NOT brush your teeth before or after performing oral sex, it can create really small cuts that make it riskier to get infected with an STD/STI/HIV. Stay safe and get tested everyone!

I mean. Man. Sigh.

Wow.....

A condom for a BJ just seems super pointless, but then this happens.

I mean. Man. Sigh.

I thought it was extremely rare to get the virus like that? I remember reading that there aren't really any reported cases of it happening :|.

RM8

It was a thread about 78% of HIV infections in 2010 in the US happening among gay males :(

About unprotected oral, the risk might be lower but clearly not inexistent. I'll never regret being an overly cautious chicken, to be honest :p

Nohar

Sadly, it seems that for too many gay guys oral sex is safe because the risk is allegedly low... Until they get infected. Between that, guys who don't know they have HIV and guys who know they have HIV but still want to do things without protection and outright lie to other guys about their health, there is a lot of sexual risk behavior going on.

That's pretty much the reason I don't even bother to try to meet guys anymore. Some people just want to fuck you, and don't care about your health (let alone their own). Every time someone is interested in me, I start to panick and I enter a emotional turmoil state. I just don't feel safe, and I'm unable to trust other gay guys. And, yes, this is problematic, I know I can't live like that, and that by withdrawing into myself I won't be able to potentially meet someone great who would make me happy (and that I would make happy too). But, right now, I just can't.

I mean. Man. Sigh.

i will only give a BJ with a mouth full of listerine.

mantidor

HIV is one thing but there's not a single sexual behavior that is STD free. Kissing can easily give you herpes, are you going to ask for a clear up check before you kiss someone?

I'm not saying you shouldn't be cautious, but remember that all extremes are bad.

I'm really sorry :(

:(
Really sorry to hear that, I'm sure your cat lived a happy life.
Noooo. I'm sorry, stay strong
Thank you.

He did live a good life. He was 20 years old, which is the same as being over 100 in human years, and he was never sick until the last few months. (And even then, we was still doing alright. He never complained.) Our other cat is confused though, she keeps looking around for him. :(

We've always had cats in our family, and this is the second one that has passed away. But I was Icarus's guardian, so it's hitting me especially hard. My parents adopted him from a shelter for me for a Christmas present. I'll never forget the day we brought him home. He clung to me so tight and wouldn't let go. He was the most perfect, well behaved and loving cat ever. He'll always be in my heart. I love him more than I could ever say.

Christopher

shades_zps1a1c1557.jpg
[/URL]

Does this tie match this shirt??

Thank you.

He did live a good life. He was 20 years old, which is the same as being over 100 in human years, and he was never sick until the last few months. (And even then, we was still doing alright. He never complained.) Our other cat is confused though, she keeps looking around for him. :(

We've always had cats in out family, and this is the second one that has passed away. But I was Icarus's guardian, so it's hitting me especially hard. My parents adopted him from a shelter for me for a Christmas present. I'll never forget the day we brought him home. He clung to me so tight and wouldn't let go. He was the most perfect, well behaved and loving cat ever. He'll always be in my heart.

I can't imagine how you must be feeling, we had a dog who died who lived to be about 18 years. I know this makes no difference, but just think that you animal lived on this earth with the most extreme amount of love that one could have offered it. It will always be with you in your heart too =).

It was a thread about 78% of HIV infections in 2010 in the US happening among gay males :(

Education. Education. Education. I caught channel flipping this movie on HBO which was excellent about AIDs. It was a BIT too graphic for me, but I think that most people should watch that film gay, straight, and anyone who considers themselves something else...I just feel like with all these apps kids have access to these days that it's crazy to not protect yourself.

alvmew

He passed away today.

I feel numb.

Awww, that really sucks. Sorry to hear that! ):

Pets are definitely like family, hell, even more like family than actual people can be sometimes, and I know from experience it definitely hurts to lose them. Hang in there.

hnggggg.jpg

Does this tie match this shirt??

You have no business even wearing a shirt. Take it off and report back here with a new photo. :|

Awww, that really sucks. Sorry to hear that! ):

Pets are definitely like family, hell, even more like family than actual people can be sometimes, and I know from experience it definitely hurts to lose them. Hang in there.
I consider all of our cats as part of our family. I don't know how people can see them as objects or possessions. I wasn't Icarus's "master", I was his guardian. I would do anything to make them happy and to protect them.

mantidor

My parents are probably divorcing D:

It is extremely weird, almost everyone would just take my mom side but I'm actually kind of pissed at her, everyone would be dismissive of my dad as just a homophobe but the steps he has taken have been gigantic from his perspective, their financial situation isn't ideal and my brother is a fucking mess, I'm basically expecting now "when" and not "if" he ends up HIV positive at this point.

Urgh I hate this feeling of impotence...

HIV is one thing but there's not a single sexual behavior that is STD free. Kissing can easily give you herpes, are you going to ask for a clear up check before you kiss someone?

I'm not saying you shouldn't be cautious, but remember that all extremes are bad.

Most of us probably already have herpes. And that isn't why people here are refraining from casual sex. It isn't like you can spot someone having HIV. They might not even know it.

RM8

I consider all of our cats as part of our family. I don't know how people can see them as objects or possessions. I wasn't Icarus's "master", I was his guardian. I would do anything to make them happy and to protect them.
I also felt like my dog was one of my best friends, and not something I owned. I miss the little guy so much :(

Honestly the only people I've seen display the "pets are just objects/possessions" sort of thinking were people that never had pets. Dogs and cats can seem almost human in their behavior at times. It becomes difficult not to think of them as a part of the family just as you would a human.

Really sorry to hear about your cat Hours Left. I know it can be devastating.

daripad

I know how it feels. My parents were going to divorce when I was a child and one day my mother just took my sister and I out of home to live with my grandparents. Thta part of my childhood was a nightmare, all those fights they had, all those discussions going nowhere, violence everywhere, it was a mess. It took them a year to get back to normal and they got togheter again just because my father got more involved in church.

I hope your parents can turn things around, but if it doesn't happen, I hope the best for you and your brother, because you are going to go through some rough stuff.

We've always had cats in out family, and this is the second one that has passed away. But I was Icarus's guardian, so it's hitting me especially hard. My parents adopted him from a shelter for me for a Christmas present. I'll never forget the day we brought him home. He clung to me so tight and wouldn't let go. He was the most perfect, well behaved and loving cat ever. He'll always be in my heart. I love him more than I could ever say.
Sorry for your loss :-( Stay strong.

You painted one hell of a picture here. I teared up.

mantidor

Thanks everyone.

Stay strong mantidor.

Thanks.

I'm so not a pet person, but everyone around me has been getting cats, and I have taken a liking to the little furballs, My friends adore their pets and losing them would break their hearts. I cannot imagine what you are going through after almost 20 years.

About unprotected oral, the risk might be lower but clearly not inexistent. I'll never regret being an overly cautious chicken, to be honest :p

What the story on this 2010 study?

fernoca

Sorry for your loss...and yeah!
My dog is close to 3 years old. She's like a daughter to me. Yet, some people look at me weird when I talk about her like "but it's a dog..wtf?".

My parents divorced when I was like 7 or so (I think... very bad at remembering when things happened). Father had a drug habit he just couldn't kick, which I believe was the main cause of the divorce. Then 1 or 2 years later after the divorce he comes out of the closet. Was pretty weird.

Vazduh

He passed away today.

I feel numb.

:( No wonder it hit you so hard, you've had him for such a long time. I'm sorry for your loss.

It is extremely weird, almost everyone would just take my mom side but I'm actually kind of pissed at her, everyone would be dismissive of my dad as just a homophobe but the steps he has taken have been gigantic from his perspective, their financial situation isn't ideal and my brother is a fucking mess, I'm basically expecting now "when" and not "if" he ends up HIV positive at this point.

Damn, I can't even imagine how you feel right now. Is there any chance your parents could stay together or is the divorce certain at this point? And OMG @ your brother, was he always like that?

LOLL wear it like a "Badger" of honor ;) ;)?

DRUM ROLL PLEASE.

How did I miss the opportunity for a pun? Smh :)

mantidor

Damn, I can't even imagine how you feel right now. Is there any chance your parents could stay together or is the divorce certain at this point? And OMG @ your brother, was he always like that?

My brother worries me more, and that has been a huge strain on my parents because he still lives with them. He has left skype chats open with the "gory" details (he uses skype as some sort of Grindr, so you could get an idea), and my parents have seen them, that is really hard for someone conservative like my dad. He has also been very wreckless in substance consumption and casual sexual encounters, I'm no saint, but he has definitely crossed the line. I no longer live with them and I even moved countries, so this is complex, I really can't do anything.

I've decided to let things go, I really can't do anything except go back, but I'm not going to do that.

Vazduh

I'm sorry to hear that, mantidor. Your brother's auto-destructive behavior is sad, and it must be hard for you and your parents since none of you can do much about it. I guess it's a type of a situation where you can only reach out to him, say you're there for him, but not much else, right?

RM8

I was hoping your brother would "wake up" after the last update :( What a shame, and yeah, you can only go on with your life hoping things turn out okay. I really don't know how I'd deal with a brother like that, as I've mentioned if there's something that makes my blood boil is irresponsible behavior like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom