• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to assume that Mario Kart players are masochists. Or do you guys just ignore the single player mode entirely? I swear, higher difficulties of that game are so blatantly rigged. Enemies in light carts with higher top speed than my heavy or medium cart. Impossible acceleration. Always have a blue shell when I am in first. 3DS version was unbearable when I would get blue or red shelled whenever it entered the hang gliding mode. Which meant going immediately to last place.

daripad

I have to assume that Mario Kart players are masochists. Or do you guys just ignore the single player mode entirely? I swear, higher difficulties of that game are so blatantly rigged. Enemies in light carts with higher top speed than my heavy or medium cart. Impossible acceleration. Always have a blue shell when I am in first. 3DS version was unbearable when I would get blue or red shelled whenever it entered the hang gliding mode. Which meant going immediately to last place.

No, when you are good at it you don't have to worry about anything. And the meat of Mario Kart is the multiplayer, which is still the best out there, local and online.

RM8

I 3-starred MK7 in like 2 days. I'm actually hoping CPU is harder this time (not like we should be playing against the CPU though :p).

RM8

I'm jelly of you digital early players, but that'll disappear once I have my glorious DVD with rounded edges slowly killing my WiiU's disc drive!

BTW Mario has been hitting the gym lately:

Blnp7MhIQAEmb_O.jpg

jceeid.gif

bsej87

I'm jelly of you digital early players, but that'll disappear once I have my glorious DVD with rounded edges slowly killing my WiiU's disc drive!

BTW Mario has been hitting the gym lately:

If you're into things with rounded edges that slowly kill then do I have just the thing

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man

Caladrius

I'll have everyone added by the time I actually get to playing about 6 hours from now

MKWii is probably the most evil game I ever played.

Mario Kart is generally less frustrating in online, unless you're really one of those "play to win" types.

And I always use lightweights because higher acceleration allows for faster recoveries.

It's always hard reading about these things. I want to help these people somehow but I'm at a loss as to how meaningful change could be made. Resentment from decades of western imperialism means that trying to interfere seems like it would just make more bad blood, but it's pretty clear to me that change probably isn't going to come from within.

I used to be really into Bionicle. I hated how stupid and convoluted the storyline became though. Gens 1 and 2 were tha best.

I loved absolutely everything up through 2004, after which it was super-inconsistent.

2005:The Titan sets and the Time Trap book were great, everything else was forgettable.
2006: Utter trash except 1-2 sets and meh new characters aside from Brutaka and Vezon (pre-character derailment)
2007: Solid aside from the rampant plastic breakage.
2008: Titans and Makuta sets were great aside from low piece count, the Toa were a travesty. Story really should have stopped here. The twist at the end
Makuta takes over the physical form of Mata Nui just before it's resuscitated
would have been a great setup for a 2009 ending where
they have to deliberately start a second Great Cataclysm and evict him while he's down
, buuuuut...
2009: Completely unnecessary retool that should have been a separate line and completely destroys any vestige of mystique from the first 3-4 years. Good sets for the most part at least.
2010: Dear God why end it like this!?

I didn't really pay attention to the story serials much, but knowing the author's Nomura Syndrome and the fact that they apparently stopped abruptly after a point I imagine they weren't worth looking at.

I loved absolutely everything up through 2004, after which it was super-inconsistent.

2005:The Titan sets and the Time Trap book were great, everything else was forgettable.
2006: Utter trash except 1-2 sets and meh new characters aside from Brutaka and Vezon (pre-character derailment)
2007: Solid aside from the rampant plastic breakage.
2008: Titans and Makuta sets were great aside from low piece count, the Toa were a travesty. Story really should have stopped here. The twist at the end
Makuta takes over the physical form of Mata Nui just before it's resuscitated
would have been a great setup for a 2009 ending where
they have to deliberately start a second Great Cataclysm and evict him while he's down
, buuuuut...
2009: Completely unnecessary retool that should have been a separate line and completely destroys any vestige of mystique from the first 3-4 years. Good sets for the most part at least.
2010: Dear God why end it like this!?

I didn't really pay attention to the story serials much, but knowing the author's Nomura Syndrome and the fact that they apparently stopped abruptly after a point I imagine they weren't worth looking at.

What was the name of the spider thingy? And there was a guy with big teeth and a cool cape? I remember loving that Bionicle set when I owned it~

mantidor

Buuu I want to get into GayGaf MK 8 :( but I can't afford it right now.

I've seen several docs about Iran, that was pretty shitty of them to just filmed the restaurant without concealing their faces, or at least telling them.

I remember watching a documentary about Iran or maybe Iran, in which some gay men would go through sexual re-assignment surgery to become women, because that transition was actually acceptable, while being gay was not.

It was on HBO.

edit: It was called Be Like Others, Wiki.

It is food for thought how Iran is in the lead on sex reassignment surgery. Some even say they are progressive in trans policies, but I don't think that is the case, they don't accept trans people, they want anything queer or outside the norm to just disappear.

For all those who got Mario Kart 8 and are eligible for the Wii U Digital Deluxe program: you totally get points for your free game from Nintendo. I earned $15 in credit last night just by buying MK8 and downloading Pikmin 3!

Hi everyone! Never posted in here before but I've been a frequent lurker so thought I'd finally participate. This thread is such an emotional rollercoaster but I love the air of honesty. Happy Friday =)

Vazduh

So tomorrow my cousin's getting married and I have to go since he's already reserved the seats and all. It's going to be so weird, having to wear shoes, and a fancy shirt... ugh, I hate being dressed up, because it makes me so uncomfortable.

And to think I could have been watching this hottie perform live tomorrow...

The Crush™ I mentioned in some earlier posts here invited me to a festival which is being held next month. The line-up is fantastic, and even the price ticket isn't that bad, it's just that I'm broke at the moment ;_; Oh, well. There's a FB sweepstake for the tickets, so I'm going to try that.

This is what happened to me every single time I tried weed, so that was the end of my attempts. Oh well.

I looked it up on Google and this is one of the threads that came up, I found it quite informative. Basically, it could have happened to me because of my blood pressure (which is low), or my anxiety. Either way, it sucks.

Btw, thank you for linking that article earlier. Not gonna lie, I teared up a few times while reading it.

Hi everyone! Never posted in here before but I've been a frequent lurker so thought I'd finally participate. This thread is such an emotional rollercoaster but I love the air of honesty. Happy Friday =)

Welcome, good sis Soulscribe! \o/

You should have joined last thread because at one point it got intense and some members left and never came back lol

welcome!

Alrus

Welcome! I lurk the Popgaf thread a lot, maybe I should post there sometimes.

RM8

PopGAF threads in OT are... interesting :p Dozens of repeated gifs, female pop act fan wars, PopGAF-specific vocabulary worthy of becoming its own dialect, etc. So are WrestlinGAF threads, for very similar reasons! You should get combined and form one big, gif-spamming community ;D

Vazduh

PopGAF threads in OT are... interesting :p Dozens of repeated gifs, female pop act fan wars, PopGAF-specific vocabulary worthy of becoming its own dialect, etc. So are WrestlinGAF threads, for very similar reasons! You should get combined and form one big, gif-spamming community ;D

I can help you with that one. Although people always think it's all about the gifs (it's not), there's so much great music being posted every day there, and for that alone it's worth to stop by at least here and there.

"Yaas" is more of a gaga-gaf thing than a pop-gaf thing.

I have never posted here before, dunno why. I think I´m gonna do it more frecuently. Hi y´all. :3

Bailey 87

"Yaas" is more of a gaga-gaf thing than a pop-gaf thing.

I have never posted here before, dunno why. I think I´m gonna do it more frecuently. Hi y´all. :3

I'm sure popgaf got most of their lingo from this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rky02SwnZs8

edit: bf and I found a beautiful 12th floor apartment and signed the papers today. <3

May I just say as a lurker of the gay thread since the original one, it almost brings a tear to my eye to see you go from a person who thought he would never get laid to a person who is moving in with his bf

tumblr_inline_mq9l4bFKvp1qgt71j.gif

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
May I just say as a lurker of the gay thread since the original one, it almost brings a tear to my eye to see you go from a person who thought he would never get laid to a person who is moving in with his bf

tumblr_inline_mq9l4bFKvp1qgt71j.gif

Right? Ain't nobody more surprised and thankful than me. I'll get some pics up in a couple weeks when we're able to move in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom