• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Did you really just use a Charmed gif?

I might make more and you wont stop me.
izf0xNQBkkbkz.gif

mantidor

Never heard of that one. There was Camp Candy but that was with John Candy

Candy Candy!

candy_sombrero.jpg

The soap opera of manga and anime, I'm not surprised at all it was so popular in Latinamerica. And unlike other "girl" animated shows, this was enthralling, I'm sure I wasn't the only boy glued to the TV back then.

Okay okay okay, I made a mistake. >:V

And I stand corrected twofold.

It's ok those two are kind of big news too.

But metal is pretty gay, that image of rough men, in leather, with metal spikes and the like? yup, that was Halford, who took that image and made it so popular in the scene. But of course, he was inspired by gay leather culture. It's kind of funny to reveal this to clueless metal fanboys who are in it to be "bad and evil" and not because of the music.

Candy Candy!

candy_sombrero.jpg

The soap opera of manga and anime, I'm not surprised at all it was so popular in Latinamerica. And unlike other "girl" animated shows, this was enthralling, I'm sure I wasn't the only boy glued to the TV back then.

But metal is pretty gay, that image of rough men, in leather, with metal spikes and the like? yup, that was Halford, who took that image and made it so popular in the scene. But of course, he was inspired by gay leather culture. It's kind of funny to reveal this to clueless metal fanboys who are in it to be "bad and evil" and not because of the music.

Ah that explains it. Thought it might be a regional thing. Don't think we got that over here in the states. Closest we got to anime was Robotech and Voltron and to a lesser extent Transformers.

I might make more and you wont stop me.
izf0xNQBkkbkz.gif

And the Russian judge still only gives a 9.8

I was debating whether i should get this or not, I guess it's settled.
Yeah, I just pre-ordered it myself. (I was waiting for it to go up during the Canadian E3 sales.)

And an XSEED rep just confirmed that there will be six male strip portaits in the game, the exact same amount as the female characters. I think that's so cool of them to really put it all out there like that. I truly hope other companies take this as an example of what they should also be doing.

I mean.....
wHXxLRT.png
The guy is a total dream boat. I remember seeing him in a past Nintendo Direct, but with the facial hair, he's off the charts.

What's his name?

Caladrius

For the record I don't know who any of you people are, I wandered here by mistake and am just happening to engage in conversation with a fellow fan.

And this is why I won't really consider myself a part of the scene for quite a long time. It's kind of funny that a heavily politicized genre like ours attracts the most clueless people. (As if I'm one to talk. >_>)

Rayis

I still don't understand where people got that character looked female, it's as if people are not familiar with Japanese character design and their strong penchant for making androgynous looking characters.

Grakl

I still don't understand where people got that character looked female, it's as if people are not familiar with Japanese character design and their strong penchant for making androgynous looking characters.

yup, and link has always been effeminate anyway

Nohar

His character isn't flat-out feminine, but his chara-design is definitly Bishonen. But, yeah, I don't really care about that.

There's nothing overtly feminine in this new Link.

People are weird, or maybe I'm just getting old.

People ARE weird, a friend of mine showed me a post from some forum(I think smashboards) that said something along the lines of: ''I'm straight so if Link is a girl she's hot.''

Not sure how a (non-existant)vagina/penis makes someone hot or not lol.

I'm putting in a formal request: Can Fantasy Life please be the official GayGaf 3DS game of fall 2014? If you can, check out the Treehouse stream now. I will shout this game's name to the heavens.

Kater

Banned
Does Fantasy Life have Online Co op?
Would be cool to play sometimes with some GAFfers as I don't know any people who own a 3DS. :\

Does Fantasy Life have Online Co op?
Would be cool to play sometimes with some GAFfers as I don't know any people who own a 3DS. :\
99.9999999% sure it's both Local and Coop play. Japan released their enhanced Link Upgrade which allowed for 4 player online coop, as well as chat features - though I think we're getting that out of the box.

Kater

Banned
That's wonderful news!
I'll be sure to get all of the LGBT GAFfers FC's whenever this comes out.

Smash Bros Wii U is now shown and so many cute Treehouse guys are playing. ^_^

Kater

Banned
Treehouse now is all about X. That game looks glorious, stunning backgrounds. So much screenshots potential.

I have the urge to read hilariously awful slashfic.

Senator Caladrius approves this message.

I read a lot of Game of Thrones Slash fic and it's not all that bad actually.
Love your new avatar, so cute!

So is this "so Link is a guy" thing some joke I'm not in on? The character has clearly been stated to be male for however many decades he has existed for.

Caladrius

I read a lot of Game of Thrones Slash fic and it's not all that bad actually.
Love your new avatar, so cute!

I'm looking for something absolutely terrible.

And thank you!

So is this "so Link is a guy" thing some joke I'm not in on? The character has clearly been stated to be male for however many decades he has existed for.

There's about 8 different iterations of the character. Aonuma's statement that they were attempting to shake up conventions lead people to believe that the Link in the trailer might be female.

Link is and always has been a "link" between the player and the game, so there's no reason why he couldn't be a female. Hopefully, in the next Zelda game, there will be character customization so that you can play as a female Link if you want to.

Link is and always has been a "link" between the player and the game, so there's no reason why he couldn't be a female. Hopefully, in the next Zelda game, there will be character customization so that you can play as a female Link if you want to.

There's no reason why he couldn't be female, but he hasn't been. You could play as a female Mario too with character customization.

Vazduh

So, my people are playing against Brazil at the moment, the score is 1-1 at the moment. I really wanted to skip watching the match, but in the end I relented :eek: Can't say I'm enjoying it, I guess I'll never learn to appreciate sports.

So, my people are playing against Brazil at the moment, the score is 1-1 at the moment. I really wanted to skip watching the match, but in the end I relented :eek: Can't say I'm enjoying it, I guess I'll never learn to appreciate sports.

Mhm~ I do so love how they're matching Brazil in their own country. In their own World Cup.

Shizuka

If it helps, I'm from Brazil, watching the match and I don't appreciate sports as well.

Kater

Banned
Thought I introduced my face (hideous) to LGBT GAF since I haven't participated in the real pic january.

There's no reason why he couldn't be female, but he hasn't been. You could play as a female Mario too with character customization.

Female Mario would be something. Or maybe Draq Queen Mario? Would be cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom