• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did leveling up even do exactly?

And for a 2D action game it was surprisingly... dull? There really weren't a lot of enemies on screen. Or much to dodge.

I probably agree Sticker Star was worse. But I don't see Super Paper Mario as being a good RPG. Maybe the characters were good, but honestly I found it to be such a snoozefest and was so mad the battle system was removed that I can barely remember anyone besides Luigi and Dimentio. Fuck the stupid pixels.

You could kill the bosses faster, like any other RPG =P. It was also useful for those 2 pits of 100 trials, where you could get an item that let you switch to 3D for an unlimited amount of time... IIRC.

I definitely don't see it as an RPG, and I don't compare it to TTYD. As its own thing I thought it was pretty fun, loved the graphics as well, really wanted the 2D Mario's to take on that style. Overall, It was an easy game, but I still enjoyed the full package.

I'm at the final boss in Sticker Stars, still have to beat him lol.

I definitely want the next Paper Mario to be a bigger/better TTYD, and have Luigi, Peach and Bowser as playable characters/party members.

RM8

Nintendo going third party wouldn't stop them from making games.
Even though Nintendo is rather Mario and Pokémon-happy, they'd be even more pressed to only make really safe stuff once they only make money via software. Basically, look at what happened to Sega.

Well, Sticker Star is my favorite PM and I've played/loved all 4 of them :x
That's definitely fine--we all like different things. Glad you really enjoyed it, even if I didn't. ^_^

It's just in my case, yeah, definitely far too little Bowser, who was a highlight of the previous Paper Mario games due to how they actually fleshed out his character a bit, which was great, but he didn't really do much of anything in Sticker Star, which really bummed me out. That and I really, really disliked how it seemed the game went out of its way to try and waste your time with the battle system--you have to use stickers in random battles, but all you get from them is coins, which can be used to buy more stickers, but why bother with that when you can just circumvent the battles and get stickers from the environment? The only reason to bother at all is if you're trying to go for 100% But yet despite that, all the enemies of course try and chase after you anyway and try and get you to waste your time with them/waste the time it takes for the battle to load and you to run and just belldjalflafjalfjdsaf. Just can't stand when games try and waste your time trying to get you to do boring, needless junk just to pad out completion times. If you want me to bother with battles, give me incentives that don't involve just doing it for the sake of a 100% run. Otherwise, don't waste my time. Bleh.

But yeah, that's just my feelings. If you were able to have a lot of fun with it though, that's pretty awesome and I'm really glad you ended up liking it. ^_^ After all, even though I personally did't like it, that's just me, and on top of that, I also know that despite me not liking it, that still doesn't change the fact that obviously the developers put a lot of hard work, effort and love into the game which I definitely do respect and so regardless of my feelings on games like that, it because of that effort that it makes me glad that there are also always people like you who did enjoy it and give them some love and appreciation for that work. So yeah, it's all good. ^_^

RM8

Sticker Star is not a RPG, is a puzzle-adventure game. And IMO it was super clever, focused, charming, fun and even somewhat challenging :p The music stomps all over the previous soundtracks, and looks really cool with 3D. Still one of my favorite 3DS games, I think. I understand why people who enjoyed the more narrative aspect of the previous games would find it unappealing, but in my case the gameplay really clicked with me and I'd love seeing a new PM game in the same style. I'm getting flashbacks of the desert world just talking about it! I need to play through it again.

I definitely don't see it as an RPG, and I don't compare it to TTYD. As its own thing I thought it was pretty fun, loved the graphics as well, really wanted the 2D Mario's to take on that style. Overall, It was an easy game, but I still enjoyed the full package.
Yeah, I pretty much feel the same way. And I consider SPM to be an ARPG (think Kingdom Hearts and the like--both have action mechancis, but the damage is dealt in a more real-time fashion with the player having pretty much constant control over their character, as contrasted with turn-based RPGs). I suppose it could just be considered adventure, but ARPG has just always felt more apt to me, since it does have experience,leveling, level-based damage, HP, and items that deal set HP-amount of damage to enemies/amount of healing, combined with the action elements.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Pretty much. The whole reason they never released it on the PSP to begin with was because the platform was dead in the west, so it really wouldn't make much sense to port it to a platform that's in the same situation--might as well have just released it for the PSP to begin with following that logic.

Yeah, if it came down to it, Square would have been better off releasing the game on PSP rather than the Vita because the PSP at least had a larger install base.

(heck, I can't even afford the games I want on the platforms I do have).

I know that feel bro
gamefly

Even though Nintendo is rather Mario and Pokémon-happy, they'd be even more pressed to only make really safe stuff once they only make money via software. Basically, look at what happened to Sega.

Because Nintendo is just rolling in dough generated by their recent hardware sales.

Nintendo going third party would mean a game like splatoons would never exist.

I don't see why not.

RM8

Nah, we know the norm is Nintendo making money from hardware, which is why they losing money is such a big deal in the first place.

I'm not sure why people think Nintendo wouldn't go the way of Sega by going 3rd party. Somehow they beating the odds and becoming the first company to become more successful after going 3rd party is more likely than they keeping a profitable hardware market, which they usually do.

Christopher

I guess people are scared due to what happened to Sega when they went third party...their output became total shit.

If Nintendo became third party I doubt it would happen but you never know...having one system to plat great games instead of two or three would be ideal

ngower

Got a new tattoo yesterday. Thought some of you might appreciate it:

10169370_10152029643911307_4070972171355130363_n.jpg

Grakl

what is that tattoo supposed to be of

ALRIGHT LGBTQGAF

So Blond, Black, Brown, White or Red hair?

Black, I choose you!

This may be because of my affection for the goth look

They haven't said what their mystery 3DS title is yet.

I kind of want to dye mine purple, dunno if I'll ever get the courage to though

Caladrius

Got a new tattoo yesterday. Thought some of you might appreciate it:

Pretty nice. It seems familiar but I can't put my finger on it.

I kind of want to dye mine purple, dunno if I'll ever get the courage to though

If you're too nervous to wear it, remind yourself that anyone who has a beef with it can shove it up their ass.

As far as the color itself goes, artificial hair colors tend to look off if you dye it completely, at least to me. I've always done highlights when I've gotten dyed because the more subdued look makes it distinctive, but not garish.

It sucks that it costs so much to maintain though. I'd have 'em year round if I could.

So yeah, no Resident Evil I assume? maybe later in the year.
And it's disappointing that XII HD rumor didn't come true but it's Type 0 instead.

Oh well, at least it seems to be more than a simple remaster and an actual remake.

RM8

having one system to plat great games instead of two or three would be ideal
I think people who want Nintendo to go 3rd party shouldn't pretend this is not the reason :p Because this going 3rd party thing has been going on for generations, even last one which was their most profitable yet. PS3 lost a crap ton of money yet Sony going 3rd party is not a thing, and didn't both Xbox and Xbox 360 lose lots of money as well? I just don't understand the logic behind the idea. Plus we do know that going 3rd party has never been beneficial for the few companies in that situation - even though Sega was making their most acclaimed games right before pulling the plug.

Kater

Banned
ALRIGHT LGBTQGAF

So Blond, Black, Brown, White or Red hair?

Black, I choose you!

This may be because of my affection for the goth look

They haven't said what their mystery 3DS title is yet.

Blond, if I had to choose.
Brown and Black also look good though, especially if the guy has curly hair.

I think people who want Nintendo to go 3rd party shouldn't pretend this is not the reason :p Because this going 3rd party thing has been going on for generations, even last one which was their most profitable yet. PS3 lost a crap ton of money yet Sony going 3rd party is not a thing, and didn't both Xbox and Xbox 360 lose lots of money as well? I just don't understand the logic behind the idea. Plus we do know that going 3rd party has never been beneficial for the few companies in that situation - even though Sega was making their most acclaimed games right before pulling the plug.
Yeah. I know people that bought both a PS3 and a 360 (which is, let's be honest, 80% the same system library-wise) for the exclusives, yet scoff at the idea of buying a Nintendo platform while still want the 1st party titles. Makes no sense to me.

If Nintendo goes 3rd party they'll probably only resort to making games that will sell a shitton, like Smash Bros, Zelda, Mario and Pokemon. Then people will bitch about that lol. We probably won't see fun/weird titles like that clay Kirby game, Yoshi's Woolly World, or Captain Toad. Other series like Pikmin might disappear as well.

Yeah. I know people that bought both a PS3 and a 360 (which is, let's be honest, 80% the same system library-wise) for the exclusives, yet scoff at the idea of buying a Nintendo platform while still want the 1st party titles. Makes no sense to me.

I think people like that only care about how powerful the consoles are... and probably don't even have a PC lol.

Rayis

I'm more of a fan of the other guy who was with the asian girl yesterday, his eyes were mesmerizingly beautiful, this Erik guy is very handsome as well though.

RM8

I'm disappointed you guys have posted barely any pics for those of us who can't watch the stream :mad:

Also team Erik.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom