• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's good to hear. Once I hit high school myself I attempted to revamp my image and so far it's worked I suppose. I've been dressing better and I have been working out infrequently (a habit I should change because I'm planning on joining the reserve corps) so it's been better than middle school.

I took a couple of AP classes though so I was busy daily lol. It's been an intellectually stiumlating ride though, and I've discovered a lot about myself throughout Junior year. Excited to be a Senior finally! What in particular are you looking forward to next year?
That sounds fun :p I'm actually hoping I can get a few AP Classes this year and see where that goes. Honestly I havent had a radical change or anything, just a lot more serious and a lot more like my actual self so I guess that's cool. I'm just looking forward to the same things as always: New people and new teachers, hopefully it's a calm school year.

Ties

Banned
That sounds fun :p I'm actually hoping I can get a few AP Classes this year and see where that goes. Honestly I havent had a radical change or anything, just a lot more serious and a lot more like my actual self so I guess that's cool. I'm just looking forward to the same things as always: New people and new teachers, hopefully it's a calm school year.
Yeah AP classes aren't that big of a deal work load wise as long as you establish a system where you and your inner circle can effectively help each other out with the material throughout the year. New people sound like a lot of fun actually, the school I attend has a fairly small population compared to others in the county so everyone already has a basic understanding of who everybody is. It's good that you're comfortable in your own skin. I'm hoping prom is fun next year, and that I would have the opportunity to transition to out-of-state college life smoothly...

Ties

Banned
take your AP tests and go to a good college, kidz
I'm applying to Columbia University, uhh which is a long shot lol, but my backups are Cornell and NYU so hopefully I get admitted ~. I'm looking into more but NY has always been my dream state.

daripad

It's part of a long process, dari. I'm pretty sure everyone around here can tell you how loneliness can be such a monster when you're still going through the coming out process. Fearing you will end up without anyone in your life out of rejection, but with age comes prudence and wisdom; you'll eventually understand that cutting ties with people who don't reciprocate or even consider you a valuable human being is the best thing you can do.

I also wanted to say "Estás muy bonito, no entiendo por qué dices que no eres atractivo. ¡Mientes, con todos los dientes!"

Stay strong!

I've already been cutting ties with some friends and I don't want to lose more of them, but I guess I need to create a better enviroment for my coming out process. Ugh I wish coming out was easier.

No miento, sólo no soy muy guapo y menos con el cuerpo que tengo (que es totalmente mi culpa por no cuidarme -_-) :p

Grakl

I'm applying to Columbia University, uhh which is a long shot lol, but my backups are Cornell and NYU so hopefully I get admitted ~. I'm looking into more but NY has always been my dream state.

cornell and NYU being safeties is p crazy

Ties

Banned
cornell and NYU being safeties is p crazy
I'm taking all of the "necessary" steps, I think:

-internship
-top of my class
-attending a private STEM academy sponsored by Apple
-state officer for a nationwide organization (SkillsUSA)
-national DECA ICDC placement
-chapter president of national honor society
-management position at a web design firm
-passed all my ap exams
-recognized by state supreme court for an essay contest
Etc.

I've been trying to build my resume up... You never know if its enough but I would like to say I'm in a better position than most high school students.

Grakl

-internship
-top of my class
-passed all my ap exams
Etc.

I've been trying to build my resume up... You never know if its enough but I would like to say I'm in a better position than most high school students.

you're too lucky for me, hah -- never had dem crazy opportunities. you'll do good

Caladrius

Why don't people wear sleeveless shirts by default

I really should stop looking at attractive mens' Facebook photos.

Especially when they're my friends

> _________ >

royalan

-internship
-top of my class
-passed all my ap exams
Etc.

Lord...

Sis....

You. Better. WORK.

Village

Why don't people wear sleeveless shirts by default

I really should stop looking at attractive mens' Facebook photos.

Especially when they're my friends

> _________ >

I don't need perverts looking at my arms. Its too lewd. I keep sleeves at all times.

daripad

Long or short

I would bear my beautiful knobby shoulders to the world if I didn't have horrible acne.

I have back acne, fortunately my face is free of that shit so I'm not bothered by it and it's not severe either.

Now, stretch marks (and my big gut ;__;) and man boobs are my least prefered parts of my body and I used to like the stretch mars due to their significance im my life but it just doesn't hold it anymore

Achtius

Have you tried peroxide? I used it on my arms the other day and it really helped with the redness.

Or try moisturizer.

I used to have bad acne, and those dermatologist back then (yes, i am old) recommended those harsh chemicals to wash and apply to your face. Those things were drying up my skins like crazy, so I stop using them and got some moisturizer. After using moisturizer, I stop having acne. Some occasional pimples, but nothing major.

Mr. F

Banned
o heya lol, whats On? lol wanna be bfs lmao ROFL SLAY/DEAD

On
tario doofus. You were here like two weeks ago.

On a side note; late for E3 talk but I'm kind of getting second-degree hyped/interested in Destiny. Might pick up a PS4 this fall when it and Assassin's Creed are out. Need to learn more about those wizards from the moon.

Dany

Banned
On
tario doofus. You were here like two weeks ago.

On a side note; late for E3 talk but I'm kind of getting second-degree hyped/interested in Destiny. Might pick up a PS4 this fall when it and Assassin's Creed are out. Need to learn more about those wizards from the moon.
I know that, On is my favorite province :)

(destiny is kinda awesome and you should totally get a ps4 and destiny. so we can go on raids togehter ;*)

KiN0

I've tried moisturizer but it didn't do much. Actually, it's not acne on my arms but little red spots. I don't remember the official name but it kind of looks like chicken skin. Anyway, the peroxide really helped tone down the redness of these spots so maybe it could work for acne too.

Ahasverus

How do you feel about kissing in semi-public? I couldn't resist the urge today in my library's cubicles, I know it's so wrong, but it felt so right

Age census: 23. Turn 24 on the 2nd, though.
How do you feel about kissing in semi-public? I couldn't resist the urge today in my library's cubicles, I know it's so wrong, but it felt so right
Pretty great. I love PDA's and I can't help but daaaaaw when I see a couple kissing or something. There's definitely nothing wrong with it at all, IMO. Glad things are going well for you. ^^

Sai-kun

Banned

kissing owns

putting my tongue down someone else's throat is a little overkill, but if someone has a problem with me kissing my SO on the lips, they need to stop being such a prude, or stop being bitter

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I guess I should answer since I started this age roll call thing.

23, going on 24 in July.

I feel maybe 19 at most, and because I'm Asian, I could probably pass for it too!

Garcia

Whats wrong about kissing in public? Kissing/semi-kissing is all good :)

There's a difference between just kissing and blatantly making out. I don't like it when people do the later, be it straight or gay, and by making out I mean crotch grabbing and stuff.

That being said, I get really angry whenever I read or hear anyone saying "I'm ok with gays as long as they don't kiss in front of me". I have no patience for such an attitude :-/ .

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man

-internship
-top of my class
-passed all my ap exams
Etc.

Overachiever. :eek:

I have like . . . 1/100th of the motivation you do.
At that point in my life I was so depressed, I couldn't even manage to care what I was doing with my life. I pretty much gave up. And now I'm taking the long way to a different degree.

Also, if you don't get into the college that you want, you can send an appeal. You probably already know that. Anyway, they usually accept you at that point because their other candidates have declined to go to other schools.

Grakl

sometimes I feel a huge urge to kiss my bf in public, so if I can I just sneak a quick kiss -- outside that and handholding, I'm not a fan of pda

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I like PDA. I'm a romantic idealist, so when I see two people going ham on each other I write a little love story in my head with them against the world and it usually brightens up my day.

That is unless its the nasty kind of snogging/faceating. It needs to be sweet and touching.
sometimes I feel a huge urge to kiss my bf in public, so if I can I just sneak a quick kiss -- outside that and handholding, I'm not a fan of pda
Brb writing mental fanfic

Garcia

First time I've read PDA... I was utterly confused by google's results for that search, lol! "Personal Digital Assistant?... Parental Drug Association?...". Then I added "kiss" and bam, puzzle solved, ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom