• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

daripad

I can relate to that because that's exactly how I felt back in highschool. Truth be told, you're better off on your own if he decides to turn his back on you after you come out to him. You need to keep it real, son. Surround yourself by people who accept you for who you are.

¿Qué edad tienes, por cierto?

Making friends is hard for me, I'm not confident and I tend to.be too serious with people I barely know and don't talk too much so that's why I have a low amount of friends and going with less friends that I already have (who already have accepted my personality) just because they don't like my sexuality is too harmful for me.

I'm 20 btw

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Aren't you nearing the big two-oh Grakl?

Your gay mid-life crisis.

Ties

Banned
Making friends is hard for me, I'm not confident and I tend to.be too serious with people I barely know and don't talk too much so that's why I have a low amount of friends and going with less friends that I already have (who already have accepted my personality) just because they don't like my sexuality is too harmful for me.

I'm 20 btw
Everyone has different quirks, not everyone can be outrageously outgoing to everybody. I'm similar to you, in that I'm soft spoken when I meet new people, simply because I typically don't have much to say outside of small talk. It takes a while for me to break my shell down to where my personality can shine through and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. However, I think it's detrimental for you to conceal an important portion of yourself to people simply because you feat of rejection. When you hold secrets like that internally there will always be this barrier between you and your friend(s). If you want to further your relationship with other people, it is good for everyone to have a clear understanding of how they tick. You don't have to be affront about it when you first meet someone either, just do it when you're ready if/when the topic ever comes up.

alvmew

I remember two years ago I was chatting with this guy on Grindr who initiated a conversation with me and immediately blocked me after I told him that I, too, have an affinity towards the Soul Calibur franchise. I was confused ngl

Online dating has never been my thing. I suppose I have an issue with commitment so I'd rather see my date face to face rather than through a device's screen.

I just like online because it makes it so easy to see who is out there and try to reach out. Of course then they don't bother responding and just block me and stuff, so that's a bummer. Lol.

I can relate to that because that's exactly how I felt back in highschool. Truth be told, you're better off on your own if he decides to turn his back on you after you come out to him. You need to keep it real, son. Surround yourself by people who accept you for who you are.

Well said, I agree 100%. If a friend of yours is homophobic and leaves you because of your sexuality, they're not your friend. It's like a band-aid, rip it right off and get over it, or do it slowly and prolong the eventual pain.

I'm 20 btw

You're only 20, you'll meet more mature people in life and make more friends. You'll also become more confident as you age, and take less shit from people lol.

I'm 24 but turn 25 in July
and seeing Gaga to celebrate, haaay

And thanks for the advice you guys. You're awesome for reading my babbles :)

daripad

Do I look old?

daripad is 20? lol oldman

I know you hate me :(

I'm taking this approach but even it has failed for me, though I'll still do my friendships in this direction, I don't really need everyone to know, people who I trust are the only ones with the right to know and even that doesn't mena they'll be accepting.

You're only 20, you'll meet more mature people in life and make more friends. You'll also become more confident as you age, and take less shit from people lol.

I'm meeting people every year and this year I have found people who still are not my friends but I'm very found of them.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I am not country enough to be a cowboy, although that doesn't stop me from talking like a southerner at times.

*swoon*

Around the time that was all happening is when I took Organic Chemistry, and that was kind of important because my lab partner for that class was way too cute! I don't know what it was about him, but his looks and personality just really pushed all my buttons, and I couldn't really ignore my attraction to him. Considering all the other stuff involving Prop 8 that was going on, I didn't even really care to ignore the attraction at the point.

So did you guys fuck? Are you still a gay virgin or have you messed around with guys before?

That's super scummy of them really. I'm kinda glad I have such a small circle of friends who are gay, because stuff like that never even comes up in conversation really.

whatever happened with that guy who sent you his hideous dick pic, btw?

Caladrius

20 and I still haven't held a job. :[
-
I wish I knew what to say about the spat. I think I've only ever had a formal beef with a friend once and it was over something really, really stupid that fixed itself.

RM8

I got my first and current job at 23. I don't enjoy it and it's pretty useless experience for what I actually want to do (office job at government, ew, I so don't belong here), but I'm too complacent and scared to leave it :( I'm planning a 3-month trip to Japan, so if I'm not allowed to "suspend" my job, I'm quitting. It's complicated because most people tell me to not leave this job, but being stuck here just because it's comfortable and because finding a job I actually enjoy might be challenging doesn't cut it for me anymore. I'm hoping 26/27 is not too late for a career change :p

21 here. Adding too the age census lol
I need to get the hell off this 12+ hour train ride trying to get back home in NY :( .
meh maybe I didn't need to spoil this I guess but, My neck and especially my ass hurts from sitting so long and we got some stale ass stank people on this train -_-

Kater

Banned
Austria? This is why I'm still single ;__;
j/k I'm single because I really do nothing for my love life lol

If you would ever come to Austria however I would show you Vienna and Graz and all the other cool cities in my country.
real talk
And maybe we would make some babies after that like the Mii's in Tomodachi Life's japanese glitch version.

I'm toying with you now, I'm a horrible being.
And oh so lonely.

daripad

If you would ever come to Austria however I would show you Vienna and Graz and all the other cool cities in my country.
real talk
And maybe we would make some babies after that like the Mii's in Tomodachi Life's japanese glitch version.

I'm toying with you now, I'm a horrible being.
And oh so lonely.

Awww so sweet. I'd do the same if you came to Mexico
so, never heh

PS.
I'm lonely too, have an internet hug bro

alvmew

I'm 21. On the topic of first jobs, I've been working since I was 17 (still at said job), but I was offered said job after an internship and otherwise probably wouldn't be working right now and would waiting until school was all done before working. So definitely nothing wrong with waiting until you are older to start that kind of stuff.

Garcia

I think your "friend" is an narcissist jerk. Get rid of him, he will bring you nothing but sadness and betrayals. No, this kind of behaviour isn't normal. You shouldn't even try to rationalise it and find excuses for the way he treats you. Be careful, he may be more dangerous and inconsiderate in reality than you think he is. If I were you, I wouldn't trust him, he seems to be the kind of guy who lie through his teeth.

Agreed 100%.

I'm 20 btw

It's part of a long process, dari. I'm pretty sure everyone around here can tell you how loneliness can be such a monster when you're still going through the coming out process. Fearing you will end up without anyone in your life out of rejection, but with age comes prudence and wisdom; you'll eventually understand that cutting ties with people who don't reciprocate or even consider you a valuable human being is the best thing you can do.

I also wanted to say "Estás muy bonito, no entiendo por qué dices que no eres atractivo. ¡Mientes, con todos los dientes!"

Stay strong!

How did Sophomore year treat you?

Junior year is going to be a struggle
Nothing happened and I loved it, it was just relaxing and drama-free and I came out to my closest friends and just became more careless about stuff that used to worry me during Freshman year. Didn't fail any classes and I have all my credits too which is great I guess lol

How is High School for you?

Natetan

Now I'm sad. Used google maps to look up my old house. Worse still the pic it showed was from jul of 2011 when we were still living in it.

Yeah, my dad had to leave the house I grew up in. I get nostalgic sometimes and like to have a google stroll around my old neighborhood, but the new owners of my house put up a giant fence around so you can't see anything now :(

Ties

Banned
Nothing happened and I loved it, it was just relaxing and drama-free and I came out to my closest friends and just became more careless about stuff that used to worry me during Freshman year. Didn't fail any classes and I have all my credits too which is great I guess lol

How is High School for you?
That's good to hear. Once I hit high school myself I attempted to revamp my image and so far it's worked I suppose. I've been dressing better and I have been working out infrequently (a habit I should change because I'm planning on joining the reserve corps) so it's been better than middle school.

I took a couple of AP classes though so I was busy daily lol. It's been an intellectually stiumlating ride though, and I've discovered a lot about myself throughout Junior year. Excited to be a Senior finally! What in particular are you looking forward to next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom