• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make up, like, your mind, dude! :p
I'm not the problem, he is!
Just so you guys know what's going on, we spent the last couple of hours making up (or so I thought). And then he says "Even if we're not "almost boyfriends" I'll always be with you... blah blah blah..." and I'm like "WE'RE NOT "ALMOST BOYFRIENDS?????" And he said "not for now" and that he thought that we'd go on "normally" until we meet again.

Sorry but that's not how I roll.

Vitanimus

girl stop getting your hair done at ratchet places

imo you should ALWAYS have a safe hair person

noooo it's a place I've gone two for over 2 years and they're super sweet and relaxing~ but seriously she got a giant pair of scissors and just grabbed my fringe and went snip and it fell into this awkwardly straight "fringe" and I was just like "yep it's lovely thanks"

o well

Just so you guys know what's going on, we spent the last couple of hours making up (or so I thought). And then he says "Even if we're not "almost boyfriends" I'll always be with you... blah blah blah..." and I'm like "WE'RE NOT "ALMOST BOYFRIENDS?????" And he said "not for now" and that he thought that we'd go on "normally" until we meet again.

lmao
cut ties with him I think

who knew i'd be crossing swords with bungee boy after 4 years lol

anyways. I'll be one of the couple thousands extras for Pitch Perfect 2.

Found out he's one of the stage managers there.

but anyways. gotta buy clothes. the requirement they ask isn't what i have in my closet though. fml.

since i'm not under contract or anything. this was me creeping with a friend one day trying to figure out what this was the other day. should have realized what it was.

myeXKij.jpg

you can piece together what's going on.

Ties

Banned
Your hair looks fine, I think.

I would style it in a James Dean sort of manner, but yeah. It complements your face type really well.

All of these selfless as I stay looking' haggard daily. Slay a bit though!

Kater

Banned
@DMPrince: I wish I could get such lucious locks naturally, all I have is a slight curl in my hair.

Here is an old pic of me with long hair. (The only old pic I've got)

@Ties: What did James Dean use on his hair to style it like that? Looks really good.

Vitanimus

Are you talking about me?
Because that is exactly what I do, isn't it?

I don't really understand what the phrase "minesweep for other drinks" means.

lol the post wasn't directed at you, just chiming in

Minesweeping means taking other people's drinks while you're out, usually leftovers.
don't judge me I'm poor

Kater

Banned
lol the post wasn't directed at you, just chiming in

Minesweeping means taking other people's drinks while you're out, usually leftovers.
don't judge me I'm poor

Ah, okay. I was thinking you were talking about me, maybe I'm a little too paranoid.

If that is minesweeping I do it all the time and I'm not even poor so no shame on you. ;)

Edit: oh, I actually found another long haired pic of myself.

Sooo, what style would you recommend me, LGBT GAF?

Caladrius

This is all veeeeery interesting data.

Unrelated, but I also just discovered I have a thing for thin strips of chest hair.

Huh.

Sooo, what style would you recommend me, LGBT GAF?

I wish I could help. I'm pretty hopeless as far as hair fashion goes.

I've basically had the same haircut for 10 years.

scarlet

It seems he doesn't wanna fully committed and you don't wanna let him go.

How do you feel about your body changes given the not-so-strict diet? Have you noticed any real changes or is the diet stopping it?

I ask because I've been working out pretty faithfully for a while but I've been steadily loosening up my diet, and it feels like a flatline :(

I feel like I could lose weight if I really wanted to, but as-is I'm mostly killing off the extra fat and putting muscle under some of the chub that's been there forever. Diet is like 80% getting in shape.

Achtius

This is glorious.

Okay, I will ask for an undercut on Sunday (or friday) when I'm at the barber shop.
Thank you, Achtius and the others.

Google undercut, find someone with a hairstyle you like, and show it to whoever cutting your hair...

Undercut is just hair shorter on the side and back compared to top. Don't let the barber interpret what you want, show them a picture!

Caladrius

Undercut. Can't go wrong with undercut.

My friend actually has it like that. (And looks gorgeous with it (✿ ♥‿♥) ).
He told me the same thing but when I actually went to get it done the hair stylist could barely speak English and had no idea what I was talking about. I might try it again before we move.

I've heard of cut but not undercut.

The sides of the head are cut to less than 1/4th of an inch. Depending on the style the top will be cut slightly longer or be left long and styled for flair.

Kater

Banned
^
Penis Joke :D

Google undercut, find someone with a hairstyle you like, and show it to whoever cutting your hair...

Undercut is just hair shorter on the side and back compared to top. Don't let the barber interpret what you want, show them a picture!

thumb.jpg

Like this?

It seems he doesn't wanna fully committed and you don't wanna let him go.
It's been really weird because before I left I was very down to earth about the whole thing, I told him I knew I couldn't ask him to wait for me and that kind of stuff. And then he gave me the letter (amongst other presents) which said "I love you" and that he would wait for me. He also said he only wanted to be with me, etc, etc.

So for me it was him who actually took the step forward into a bigger commitment which he seems to want out right now and it breaks my heart because while I had some down moments, I do love him very much and I'm happy by just talking to him.

scarlet

It's been really weird because before I left I was very down to earth about the whole thing, I told him I knew I couldn't ask him to wait for me and that kind of stuff. And then he gave me the letter (amongst other presents) which said "I love you" and that he would wait for me. He also said he only wanted to be with me, etc, etc.

So for me it was him who actually took the step forward into a bigger commitment which he seems to want out right now and it breaks my heart because while I had some down moments, I do love him very much and I'm happy by just talking to him.

Well I guess if you love him and happy and you're fine with your situation, then I guess it's enough isn't it?

daripad

I came out to my last crush today (the one who asked me if I was gay). He asked me if I was sure of it. He said that I should have experience first so I know what do I really want. I was confused by his response but I explained the way I feel and well, told him that I used to have a crush on him. Seems that he wasn't believing me up to that point and he started to say that if I really was that sure of my sexuality, I should accept myself and start doing what I should do to be free. He comprehended my entire situation, I told him everything (my inital rejection, my friends that didn't support me, my sister being lesbian, my father being homophobic) and he then told me that he finally found why I was depressed most of the time. He gave me a lot of advice. I'm glad I talked to him, I feel like I made a huge step, even if it seems insignificant. He encouraged me to tell my friends, but at the same time trust only in open minded people. And told me that he was totally straight so nothing will come from him haha, but at least I tried :p

I came out to my last crush today (the one who asked me if I was gay). He asked me if I was sure of it. He said that I should have experience first so I know what do I really want. I was confused by his response but I explained the way I feel and well, told him that I used to have a crush on him. Seems that he wasn't believing me up to that point and he started to say that if I really was that sure of my sexuality, I should accept myself and start doing what I should do to be free. He comprehended my entire situation, I told him everything (my inital rejection, my friends that didn't support me, my sister being lesbian, my father being homophobic) and he then told me that he finally found why I was depressed most of the time. He gave me a lot of advice. I'm glad I talked to him, I feel like I made a huge step, even if it seems insignificant. He encouraged me to tell my friends, but at the same time trust only in open minded people. And told me that he was totally straight so nothing will come from him haha, but at least I tried :p

Ya! Gratz Daripad on a successful coming out.

scarlet

Well it's a good start daripad. It's nice having someone who knows you for who you are and supports you.

It reminds me that I'm coming out to my crush too 8 years ago, lol.

nicki-minaj-crying-o.gif

Aww I'm so happy for you and thats a better friend than a lot of people, especially since you've haven't had the best coming out experiences recently. Hope the positivity continues :). it may not have been exactly the experience you wanted, but this is certainly a good turning point!

Well, even if he's not interested, it sounds like a very positive experience for you. Since when are you a junior? You've been here forever!

Kater

Banned

That's a good response in my book
of evil and good
It seems you finally found a good, loyal friend.

So glad you had a positive experience and that he turned out to be a great, supportive friend. That's wonderful. :D

RM8

Rofl you told him you had a crush on him. It was not smart IMO but gladly nothing happened. Congrats! You definitely need more people who support you.

MarkusRJR

So fucking angry.

My coworker went on a rant about gay people today. Ended up saying that if he had a gay son, he'd kill him and move back to his home country where they couldn't find him (was 100% serious). He then went on to say that being gay was a choice so gays should pay the consequence. Said that no father would love a gross gay child and that they should be straight or live on their own. He then said that all of his friends and family think the same way, and all the people in his home country actively hate gay people. He moved to Canada a few years ago and finds all this gay support gross.

I tried to explain that being gay isn't a choice because y'know, both me and my brother are both gay and I spent years trying to force myself into relationships with girls (where there was little to no physical attraction). He said that he firmly believed it that being gay was a choice, and that gay people are only gay because they can't find chicks or want to be unique. He said nothing could make him change his mind.

Then at the end of break he said he still likes gay people though (he used the "I have gay friends" card), but only if they aren't family. How the fuck am I supposed to work with this fucker? I've known him for 2 years and were relatively good friends until this. I can't help but get super angry around him now.

Sibylus

Banned
So he tries to walk back boasting about murdering a gay child with the gay friend defense?

He's full of shit and certainly not your friend. Dump him, talk to HR and get him set on fire.

Ties

Banned
Considering that he's your co-worker the most you can do is minimize the personal interactions you will have with him and keep it strictly on a professional basis. If the company that you work for has a policy that vehemently opposes any anti-LGBT speech then I would approach management with any concerns that you might have with him and perhaps they could switch you or him to another department. Regardless, you should always approach your boss(es) with issues that might be detrimental towards the working environment, and if they know what they're doing, they should take all of the necessary precautions to squash any potential conflict and negativity within the space.

Also, it's clear that he isn't *really* your friend in any sense. I believe that's self explanatory though.

Nohar

I guess he was just civil until now. I would definitly not call someone like that a "friend". His whole behaviour ("I'm not homophobic I have gay friends but if I ever have a gay child I will murder him/her in cold blood") stinks hypocrisy.

Now, I'm not quite sure what would be the best course of action. After all, you work with him, but you can't just ignore what he said.
I don't know exactly how it works in Canada, so I guess I can't help you, but if there is a confidential way to warn the higher-ups, you may want to do that, just in case. The fact is, if someone like that is saying such extreme things as death threats about gay people, you don't really want him to know you reported him. If he knew you were gay for 2 years (well, I'm assuming he came to know that fact after 2 years working with you), he probably won't assault you out of the blue for no reason, but if his job is in danger following your report, I'm afraid he would make your life a living hell at work (something which would definitly get him fired quickly) or, worse, attack you outside of the working place.

In the end, I guess you should still go to your management in order to see what options are available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom