• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RM8

Street Fighter Alpha 2, Mario Kart DS, Kirby Mass Attack, Tekken 3, Tetris DS, Mega Man 6, Cave Story. You know, games with gameplay to them >:p

RM8

Sunshine was great, if a bit wordy. Levels were pretty cool, music was superb. Noki Bay is one of my favorite game worlds ever.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Generally it's best not to decide on your personal GOTF until you get to subsequent playthroughs.

The true test of a game's value is how many times you can replay it without getting bored.

I've been playing DOTA and DOTA-likes for 10 years now, does that count?

RM8

Nope, I'm pretty sure I said 6 :p I love all the NES MM games, though, so I wouldn't mind switching it for

Yoshi's Island exists too.

Super Mario Sunshine is excellent *prepares for rage*

My favorite Sunshine levels were probably the ones without FLUDD. And my least favorite required using/keeping alive Yoshi (I like Yoshi, but didn't like his implementation in Sunshine). The ones with FLUDD were pretty alright though.

Caladrius

The original Paper Mario is still my favorite game to date, having played it 18 times, though I think there are quite a few games that I think play better but don't quite resonate with me the same way.

I've been playing DOTA and DOTA-likes for 10 years now, does that count?

Yesh.

Thats actually the best though.
I'm sorry you were so mistaken

While I do enjoy TWEWY a lot , its not even my favorite japanese square thing. Thats like KH or Dissidia or something.
lanaunbothered55sta.gif

Uhh... guys... The World Ends With You is the GOTF
Hmm... I'm... alright with this. :D

(Actually have no clue what my absolute favorite game ever would be (I'm absolutely terrible on settling on things like that and am constantly changing my mind between a billion things like TWEWY, various Kingdom Hearts games, various 3D Marios, Yoshi's Island, Kirby Mass Attack, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and all kind's of other things). But in any case, TWEWY definitely is not a bad choice at all and is way up there for me).

Street Fighter Alpha 2, Mario Kart DS, Kirby Mass Attack, Tekken 3, Tetris DS, Mega Man 6, Cave Story. You know, games with gameplay to them >:p
...Marry me. :3

Yoshi's Island exists too.

Super Mario Sunshine is excellent *prepares for rage*
Yoshi's Island is indeed awesome.

As far as Sunshine goes though, well, since you're prepared for it... >:3
-Far too many shines dedicated to blue coins gotten by doing stuff like just running back and forth and collecting shines.

-Due to having to work with the mechanics of FLUDD, they had to put water everywhere, which resulted in there being much lower diversity in the levels compared to other Marios.

-And the thing that bugs me the most: To unlock Corona Mountain, you have to beat all the Shadow Mario levels in each area. However, each of these levels are the last "episodes" of each area, and you can't get them until you beat the previous episodes. Meaning each time you play the game, you have to get at least those exact same ~50 Shines every time. Coming after 64, which gave you tremendous flexibility in which 70/120 stars you wanted to get to access Bowser in the Sky, and being followed by Galaxy which gave you an even more flexible 60 star quota to fill, how stringent Sunshine is which which Shines you need to collect to complete the game is really off-putting, especially when compounded with how there's lower diversity in the level design compared to 64/Sunshine to begin with. Compared to the comparative toyboxes that 64/Galaxy are, Sunshine just feels really limiting.

To be fair though, Sunshine definitely does have some great level design and fun missions and definitely still is an absolutely brilliant game all the same (and like you, I definitely loved the Mecha Bowser fight. :D And stuff like that mission where you have to clean that sea monster's teeth, while a completely silly idea for the level, is the exact type of silliness and off-the-wall thinking that I love from Nintendo, as it's just brilliant somehow turning such simple things like that into ideas for a 3D platformer stage to me).

I just really dislike how much it limits the players hands with what they can do and the choices they have for beating the game compared to 64 and Galaxy--it just felt constraining coming off 64 and left a bad taste in my mouth, and so I just can't put it on top of my 3D Mario list at all and just much prefer the 64/Galaxy formula where they basically let the player do what they want, and find their own path to the final Bowser fight, especially as that adds an extra layer of replayability that keeps the games fresher for longer for me as they let you mix it up each time you play them, instead of following the same path every time.

Vitanimus

As per, I go out and get drunk and obviously there's at least one homophobe who throws the word faggot around in a derogatory sense

Tbf I was kinda provoking him cos he was trying to get with my friend so we kissed right in front of him and he was like "yeeeees lad!!!! You don't kiss like a faggot" and I just said well I clearly kiss better than you and he just went off

Lol

Some people are so dumb I'm amazed

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think that's quite admirable in today's ADHD landscape.

You tried, tried, tried again and failed. No one could blame you for not liking GoT.

Kater

Banned
Finished episode 10, it's 5 AM now. lol
Great watch overall.

I am hoping for more male nudity in the next season though.
the-sexposition-inclu2rs8i.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom