• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinsei

Banned
So fucking angry.

My coworker went on a rant about gay people today. Ended up saying that if he had a gay son, he'd kill him and move back to his home country where they couldn't find him (was 100% serious). He then went on to say that being gay was a choice so gays should pay the consequence. Said that no father would love a gross gay child and that they should be straight or live on their own. He then said that all of his friends and family think the same way, and all the people in his home country actively hate gay people. He moved to Canada a few years ago and finds all this gay support gross.

I tried to explain that being gay isn't a choice because y'know, both me and my brother are both gay and I spent years trying to force myself into relationships with girls (where there was little to no physical attraction). He said that he firmly believed it that being gay was a choice, and that gay people are only gay because they can't find chicks or want to be unique. He said nothing could make him change his mind.

Then at the end of break he said he still likes gay people though (he used the "I have gay friends" card), but only if they aren't family. How the fuck am I supposed to work with this fucker? I've known him for 2 years and were relatively good friends until this. I can't help but get super angry around him now.

Do everything you can do to avoid him. If that doesn't work go to HR/your manager/whoever, you deserve this job a whole lot more than that fuck head. Call someone ASAP if you feel like you're in danger at any point after going to someone about him.

MarkusRJR

Thanks for all the responses guys. I think I'll just avoid talking to him as much as possible. It was only a one time thing (he sometimes makes comments about gay people but not in the same way). If he ever brings that up again I'll definitely take it to management and he'd probably get fired. In regards to him knowing me being gay, it's only been a few months I think. I knew he didn't like gay people so I never mentioned it, but I'm pretty sure one of my coworkers told him (after I specifically told them not to).

I'm 99% sure he wouldn't turn violent or anything, it just really got me angry hearing that. It's people like him that make gay people afraid of coming out. I kind of feel bad for his future child if they end up gay or something.

Ironically he said he wouldn't mind a lesbian daughter because "then we can bond over sexy women". I just can't understand his bigotry. I understand he grew up in a homophobic culture but the shit he said literally makes no sense, especially when he actually knows gay people IRL. They aren't some mythical unicorn or something. He doesn't even attempt to view things from their view and that's what bothers me the most.

Grizzo

So fucking angry.

My coworker went on a rant about gay people today. Ended up saying that if he had a gay son, he'd kill him and move back to his home country where they couldn't find him (was 100% serious). He then went on to say that being gay was a choice so gays should pay the consequence. Said that no father would love a gross gay child and that they should be straight or live on their own. He then said that all of his friends and family think the same way, and all the people in his home country actively hate gay people. He moved to Canada a few years ago and finds all this gay support gross.

I tried to explain that being gay isn't a choice because y'know, both me and my brother are both gay and I spent years trying to force myself into relationships with girls (where there was little to no physical attraction). He said that he firmly believed it that being gay was a choice, and that gay people are only gay because they can't find chicks or want to be unique. He said nothing could make him change his mind.

Then at the end of break he said he still likes gay people though (he used the "I have gay friends" card), but only if they aren't family. How the fuck am I supposed to work with this fucker? I've known him for 2 years and were relatively good friends until this. I can't help but get super angry around him now.

Reading things this used to make me feel sad and angry. But sadly I don't really mind anymore, because some people will never change. They're narrow-minded and they're gonna stay that way until they die. We still got a long way to go in terms of gay rights.

The choice is yours, you can either disregard what he said and pursue your friendship like nothing happened (but seeing how you felt when you heard what he said I guess it might be damn near impossible) (and I don't blame you) or take your distance, remain polite with him but don't talk to him as much as you did before. And try to avoid this topic at all cost. In any case, keep your head up and don't pay too much attention to what he said!

I have to be brutally honest here, my secret love is Xavier Dolan.

Xavier-Dolan.jpg

I'm still drunk, what the nut

gooty pls

I came out to my last crush today (the one who asked me if I was gay). He asked me if I was sure of it. He said that I should have experience first so I know what do I really want. I was confused by his response but I explained the way I feel and well, told him that I used to have a crush on him. Seems that he wasn't believing me up to that point and he started to say that if I really was that sure of my sexuality, I should accept myself and start doing what I should do to be free. He comprehended my entire situation, I told him everything (my inital rejection, my friends that didn't support me, my sister being lesbian, my father being homophobic) and he then told me that he finally found why I was depressed most of the time. He gave me a lot of advice. I'm glad I talked to him, I feel like I made a huge step, even if it seems insignificant. He encouraged me to tell my friends, but at the same time trust only in open minded people. And told me that he was totally straight so nothing will come from him haha, but at least I tried :p
This is absolutely wonderful news. While I do agree that perhaps mentioning you'd a crush on him wasn't the best decision, that it was seemingly overlooked completely, and that he is extremely accepting, is magnificent, particularly after your prior experiences. He certainly seems like a very good friend.

Mr_Zombie

I came out to my last crush today (the one who asked me if I was gay). He asked me if I was sure of it. He said that I should have experience first so I know what do I really want. I was confused by his response but I explained the way I feel and well, told him that I used to have a crush on him. Seems that he wasn't believing me up to that point and he started to say that if I really was that sure of my sexuality, I should accept myself and start doing what I should do to be free. He comprehended my entire situation, I told him everything (my inital rejection, my friends that didn't support me, my sister being lesbian, my father being homophobic) and he then told me that he finally found why I was depressed most of the time. He gave me a lot of advice. I'm glad I talked to him, I feel like I made a huge step, even if it seems insignificant. He encouraged me to tell my friends, but at the same time trust only in open minded people. And told me that he was totally straight so nothing will come from him haha, but at least I tried :p

Good job :)

So fucking angry.

[snip]

You know, fuck that he is a homophobe. He has some serious issues with himself if he thinks that he would be capable of killing his own child just because of (as he thinks of it) a lifestyle he does not agree with. Disagreeing with something or finding something gross is one thing, being able to murder someone for that is another.

Stay the hell away from him.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Selfies -> thirst -> hot guys -> gay drama -> sadness and commiseration -> selfies

Forever revolving around the pokemans.

Haly

Hahaha, PopGAF, MaddenGAF, all DOTA2 players.

COMPLETE MOBA SATURATION.

Vitanimus

I've never played a MOBA or even watched a gameplay video I don't think, crazy that it's by far the biggest game genre in the world right now

Ties

Banned
You should honestly give it a try.

The only reason I got into the MOBA genre in the first place was because a friend of mine was adamant in getting me to play. It's frustrating at first but once you get the hang of things it becomes one of the most satisfying things to play on your downtime. Plus, it's free so $$$.

Haly

Don't do it if you still have faith in humanity. Play games with friendlier communities like CoD.

This is funny because it's troo.

The only reason I got into the MOBA genre in the first place was because a friend of mine was adamant in getting me to play. It's frustrating at first but once you get the hang of things it becomes one of the most satisfying things to play on your downtime. Plus, it's free so $$$.

This is also troo, MOBAs are best with friends.

Ty4on

This is also troo, MOBAs are best with friends.
This also means your PC gaming friends, who all play MOBAs, will ask you all the time -_-

I've tried playing it with friends and even watching many matches in TI 2014, but my perception didn't change.

Caladrius

I like shootbangs and strategy games on my computer.

My strategy is kill kill kill. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Achtius

lol me too. but then my friend stop playing with me(he stills play, just not with me) and now i only play with other gaffers.

Vitanimus

I have 0 friends that play games really so that sucks... well, maybe 1 but it's that sorta friendship where asking to play would be considered weird.

Vitanimus

why would it be weird?

We're just not that friendly. We lived in the same block for our first year at Uni, and his girlfriend was also his flatmate, who I was also really good friends with because we did the same course. So it's more an extension of my friendship with his girlfriend rather that him... I think.

I have never played a MOBA, I feel like I'd suck at them :p

Trick is not to care about sucking. Though it can be hard since some players in public matchmaking will basically treat you like a child rapist for not being good at the game. But when people treat me poorly for not being magically good at it from day one I get really happy knowing that I'm causing them a great deal of frustration and rage.

Kangi

Courtesy of anal thread:
Are you referring to Kangi's post?... It's Kangi, lighten up lol.
Subtle shade or am I now (accurately) known for being crotchety? Hm...

All I know is that's the last thread I try satire in for a while. "Vaginas are icky" wasn't lowbrow enough to pass without people taking it seriously, apparently. And we all know where that led the thread.

Caladrius

Generally it's best not to decide on your personal GOTF until you get to subsequent playthroughs.

The true test of a game's value is how many times you can replay it without getting bored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom