• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarlet

Let me get that drool for you.
abcd-photo-oralhealthtips.jpg

vBEkacc.gif

mantidor

So I had a random number recorded on my contact list and I didn't know who it was so I sent a message through whatsapp and well, it was a veery hot guy from my college I didn't have idea it existed, we started a casual conversation and I've had lots of fun hahaha people, message every number you have on your phone, you never know what could come out of that!

haha I have tons of unknown numbers in my phone, but I'm way too shy to try to contact them "hey I might have added your number while being really drunk, can you remind me of you?" haha I could never do that.

Ahasverus

haha I have tons of unknown numbers in my phone, but I'm way too shy to try to contact them "hey I might have added your number while being really drunk, can you remind me of you?" haha I could never do that.

Haha don't do that, that sounds horrible. I did it like
"Hey, who's there?" then he was like "it's ________ who are you and why do you have my number lol" and I was like "Haha Hi ___ nice to meet you, I'm ____ I had your number on my contacts but it had no name, it might had been a friend who put you in there" then he said "Wow that's weird isn't it? where are you from?" and then the magic happens :p
Be polite, be fun, profit.

I'm so thrilled, Xenoblade finally "clicked" for me. About 10 hours in and everything seems like it's falling into place - battle mechanics, plot, characters. Loving it now.

Just got Dunban and in the Satorl Marsh. Fucking gorgeous. I think Shulk's major vision of new characters, locations, and events really helped hype me up for the later parts of the game.

*Crosses fingers that X is actually coming in 2014*

daripad

I'm pretty sure I know everyone in my contact list, I'm boring like that :p

That isn't being boring.

Michaeltraps, Xenoblade does take time to get good but it took more for you than me. It clicked with me when
they took Fiora's body
It is a very beautiful game in terms of artstyle, I specially love the plains in the game. I recommend you to try every character here and there, it will be useful for.you so you'll know which chatacters use in each battle as they have very different abilities, so don't stick with just the same three characters through the whole adventure.

I'm so thrilled, Xenoblade finally "clicked" for me. About 10 hours in and everything seems like it's falling into place - battle mechanics, plot, characters. Loving it now.

Just got Dunban and in the Satorl Marsh. Fucking gorgeous. I think Shulk's major vision of new characters, locations, and events really helped hype me up for the later parts of the game.

*Crosses fingers that X is actually coming in 2014*

I'm glad you're enjoying it. Satorl Marsh is amazingly beautiful at night. What till you get halfway through. The story gets insanely good.

RM8

I haven't played Xenoblade, but I think it's pretty tragic that it gets good 10 hours in, lol. Some of my absolute favorite games ever are over a couple of hours before that. Different strokes and all.

Thanks for the reassurance. I'm excited to move forward.
I haven't played Xenoblade, but I think it's pretty tragic that it gets good 10 hours in, lol. Some of my absolute favorite games ever are over a couple of hours before that. Different strokes and all.
I wouldn't say it only gets good at 10 hours, the mechanics just click in a more broad sense. When you're strapping in for a 50-60 hour game, I've grown to expect the intricacies to take some time to sink in.

Caladrius

Thanks for the reassurance. I'm excited to move forward.

I wouldn't say it only gets good at 10 hours, the mechanics just click in a more broad sense. When you're strapping in for a 50-60 hour game, I've grown to expect the intricacies to take some time to sink in.

The game is closer to somewhere between 80 and 100 hours. I clocked in at 105.

Today I finished reading Catching Fire and then watched the movie. Peeta is still really hot and I wish Cato from The Hunger Games wasn't dead because he was really hot :(

alvmew

ivysaur12

Banned
So, on Friday night, I had sex with this guy. I bottomed for a moment, he used a condom, he didn't cum inside the condom but only later (on himself)

I've now come to learn he's HIV+ and just never mentioned this fact (my fault for not asking). I got tested the day after - Negative, but there's a window period until 2 weeks after infection, I guess.

For peace of mind, I have to imagine given what transpired (no blow jobs, condom was put on correctly), the chances of infection would be very low, yeah? I'm still going to keep getting tested, but again, for peace of mind.

edit: he says his viral load is undetectable, if that helps.

RM8

Getting tested one day afterwards is pretty useless. That being said, it doesn't sound like there was any risk if you never had any contact with his risky fluids. Get tested eventually, but you're safe if I understand your post correctly.

IMO he's a jerk for not telling you first, by the way.

ivysaur12

Banned
Getting tested one day afterwards is pretty useless. That being said, it doesn't sound like there was any risk if you never had any contact with his risky fluids. Get tested eventually, but you're safe if I understand your post correctly.

IMO he's a jerk for not telling you first, by the way.

Yeah, I know. The waiting is the worst. Logically, I would imagine I'm fine since I didn't put myself at risk (thankfully). And he should have told me first. But that ship has sailed.

RM8

Yeah, I know. The waiting is the worst. Logically, I would imagine I'm fine since I didn't put myself at risk (thankfully). And he should have told me first. But that ship has sailed.
There's basically no risk of infection via protected sex. If you guys didn't experience condom failure then you really don't have to worry about it :p Also, AFAIK you should get tested 3 months after your potential exposure (which I wouldn't qualify your experience as), but I'm reading some sources that say it's way sooner than that, so who knows.

ivysaur12

Banned
There's basically no risk of infection via protected sex. If you guys didn't experience condom failure then you really don't have to worry about it :p Also, AFAIK you should get tested 3 months after your potential exposure (which I wouldn't qualify your experience as), but I'm reading some sources that say it's way sooner than that, so who knows.

That's what I thought. Thanks. I just needed to think I wasn't going crazy. Definitely a big wake up call for me in terms of asking about someone's status.

bsej87

So, on Friday night, I had sex with this guy. I bottomed for a moment, he used a condom, he didn't cum inside the condom but only later (on himself)

I've now come to learn he's HIV+ and just never mentioned this fact (my fault for not asking). I got tested the day after - Negative, but there's a window period until 2 weeks after infection, I guess.

For peace of mind, I have to imagine given what transpired (no blow jobs, condom was put on correctly), the chances of infection would be very low, yeah? I'm still going to keep getting tested, but again, for peace of mind.

In the grand scheme of things, yes, your chances are relatively low compared to unprotected sex, but since there was any penetration at all, especially anal, you'll definitely want to get checked out, which you already have and are planning to.

So, peace of mind version, your situation has low chances and you are doing the right thing!

This is why you should always check to see if someone is clean before engaging in any sexual activity.

RM8

To be fair, it's not like asking will get you a real answer all the time :/ People lie, not to mention people might not be aware of their HIV status. Just be safe every single time, really.

Wow, what an asshole for not telling you.

I hope things turn out okay, dude. Though I'm surprised you didn't ask, since last time you mentioned having sex in here you said you asked that guy if he had any STDs. What was different this time around?

ivysaur12

Banned
Wow, what an asshole for not telling you.

I hope things turn out okay, dude. Though I'm surprised you didn't ask, since last time you mentioned having sex in here you said you asked that guy if he had any STDs. What was different this time around?

I got caught up in the moment. Stupid. But nothing we did was that risky, at least. I'll continue to get tested, but I think I'm fine, especially considering what transpired.

Dead Man

I worked at a HIV respite facilty for a few years, when I first started I was panicking about stupid very negligible risks, got more knowledgeable and educated as I went on, sounds like as long as he is taking his meds properly his viral should be pretty low, even if it is not undetectable, as long as he is looking after himself and presents as otherwise healthy. Waiting on those tests post exposure is hard as fuck, but it sounds like you should be fine. No fluid contact, used condom, all good. Chances of infection should be incredibly low, but they are never zero so it's good to get tested.

And don't blame yourself for not asking, it is on him to let his partners know prior. Always good to ask of course, but it is the duty of the person who is positive to let their prospective partner know, to me.

This is why you should always check to see if someone is clean before engaging in any sexual activity.

Just curious, what exactly is the general protocol for casual hook-ups? Are you just supposed to ask and take an easy "no" for face value? Maybe I'm super paranoid, but the risk of it all has made one-night-stands pretty much off the table for me.

Yeah, sounds like you're at very low risk here. But, he's a dick for not being honest.

Alrus

The game clicked for me the instant the game lets you move and hear the soundtrack. Colony 9/day was just amazing and I knew I would enjoy the gameplay.

Unfortunetaly I burnt out on the gme after like 60 hours because I'm stupidly obsessed with completing every side quest in Jrpgs... (same happened with The Last Remnant, I'm close to finishing it I think but I'm burnt out on it too)

The game clicked for me the instant the game lets you move and hear the soundtrack. Colony 9/day was just amazing and I knew I would enjoy the gameplay.

Unfortunetaly I burnt out on the gme after like 60 hours because I'm stupidly obsessed with completing every side quest in Jrpgs... (same happened with The Last Remnant, I'm close to finishing it I think but I'm burnt out on it too)

That soundtrack is just amazing. Also, some beautiful locals to explore. But I wasn't too crazy about the boring item-hunt sidquests or shounen story.

I could never get tired of Reyn Time though.

Kater

Banned
Just curious, what exactly is the general protocol for casual hook-ups? Are you just supposed to ask and take an easy "no" for face value? Maybe I'm super paranoid, but the risk of it all has made one-night-stands pretty much off the table for me.
I wouldn't do anything unprotected with someone I met for the first time. And even if I know the person it's never wrong to be cautious.

Alrus

The rule is always use protection no matter what the other dude says.

mantidor

That always freaks me out.

A couple of times the guy I was with was incredibly clumsy with the condom, and even attempted to go on without it, others felt perfectly fine and even asked me to top them without using one, is insane, I stop right there, and prefer to do other stuff, but it's crazy how non caring people are about it.

In a way I feel blessed anal sex has never clicked with me, no matter how much I've tried. While I'm not risk free, sticking to other practices is safer.

I'm still feeling down (though I'm a bit better now). It was already hard being around him before, but I was OK when we stopped talking because there wasn't really anything going on other than being too friendly at times.

But now it's different, shit happened. I can't just go on and pretend nothing happened. I don't understand what's going through his mind. Why even ask for a kiss if you don't want anything else?. Everything would be OK if he didn't do that. Why did he have to ruin this?.

Now I just feel like I need him with me. I wrote him last night and told him I miss him.

I'm still feeling down (though I'm a bit better now). It was already hard being around him before, but I was OK when we stopped talking because there wasn't really anything going on other than being too friendly at times.

But now it's different, shit happened. I can't just go on and pretend nothing happened. I don't understand what's going through his mind. Why even ask for a kiss if you don't want anything else?. Everything would be OK if he didn't do that. Why did he have to ruin this?.

Now I just feel like I need him with me. I wrote him last night and told him I miss him.

I don't know your situation and wont pretend to but from this it sounds like you're into this guy more than he is into you if at all. You're really putting yourself through a lot and it would make things easier if you found another guy to be on a mutual level playing field with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom