• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know your situation...
basically we've liked each other for years, but both were in relationships. When we were finally single at the same time, he approached me, we went out a couple of times until I felt I had to speak and told him I liked him. He told me he doesn't believe in / do relationships.

We still hung out as friends but he's always very affectionate, it was too hard for me so we stopped talking in december and now this happened.

basically we've liked each other for years, but both were in relationships. When we were finally single at the same time, he approached me, we went out a couple of times until I felt I had to speak and told him I liked him. He told me he doesn't believe in / do relationships.

We still hung out as friends but he's always very affectionate, it was too hard for me so we stopped talking in december and now this happened.

He's playing games from the sounds of it he is giving you mixed signals and that is not cool. You can't be all affectionate like that and then the next oh I don't do relationships despite him being in one before.

You should find someone else to be quite honest. You're an attractive guy and you seem cool you can do better.

RM8

That guy is leaving soon, isn't he? He clearly thinks it's harmless (for him) to have some fun before starting from scratch.

Just curious, what exactly is the general protocol for casual hook-ups? Are you just supposed to ask and take an easy "no" for face value? Maybe I'm super paranoid, but the risk of it all has made one-night-stands pretty much off the table for me.

There's always a risk with this kind of stuff. The best thing you can do is play it 100% safe when you are not sure about someone's status.

Just remember, there is absolutely no disadvantage to simply asking someone about this stuff. This especially applies when you are relationship-searching, since most people have consciences and would not lie about themselves just to get in bed with you.

RM8

There's always a risk with this kind of stuff. The best thing you can do is play it 100% safe when you are not sure about someone's status.

Just remember, there is absolutely no disadvantage to simply asking someone about this stuff. This especially applies when you are relationship-searching, since most people have consciences and would not lie about themselves just to get in bed with you.
Did you watch Apex? Or are you also retired from watching it? :p

Did you watch Apex? Or are you also retired from watching it? :p

I'm waiting until Smash 4 to make my "grand return" to Smash for Apex 2015. ;)

I'm gonna crash and burn and get eliminated in the first round of pools.

I'm gonna watch some matches, though. Heard this year's Apex was fantastic.

He's playing games from the sounds of it he is giving you mixed signals and that is not cool. You can't be all affectionate like that and then the next oh I don't do relationships despite him being in one before.

You should find someone else to be quite honest. You're an attractive guy and you seem cool you can do better.
thanks for the compliments :(

That guy is leaving soon, isn't he? He clearly thinks it's harmless (for him) to have some fun before starting from scratch.
Yes he is, in about 4 months. Even though it's not my ideal situation I'd be up for making the most out of the time he has left in here.

But maybe his idea of making the most out of his time here is hooking up with as many guys as he can.

Hi GayGaf,

I seem to make the same reintroduction every time i want to post because its so infrequent although always around Real Pic months - and i'm a frequent lurker, but whatever, Hi!

So i wanted to ask about people's opinions on catching someones gaze.

There's a guy that lives near and this is the second time i've passed him and i think he could be gay. We stood at opposite sides of traffic lights waiting to change and there was an awkward recognition and dodging of eye contact then we met each other's eyes until we had to cross. The first time i walked past him he smiled and said Hi and i reciprocated.

Don't know if anything will come of it so thanks for reading this far, but i wanted to ask what GayGaf usually does in those situations. Do you just keep walking with that nice feeling and hope you meet them again or do you turn around and run after them? Happens a lot and I don't really know what to do in those situations.

Also, good advice above from Via Purifico to VICTORsaurio, I have to agree. That kind of mind game can be fun until you develop deeper feelings which can easily turn to heartbreak and is not worth it.

RM8

I'm waiting until Smash 4 to make my "grand return" to Smash for Apex 2015. ;)

I'm gonna crash and burn and get eliminated in the first round of pools.

I'm gonna watch some matches, though. Heard this year's Apex was fantastic.
It was good. MK dittos on grand finals usually put me to sleep, but both Nairo and Zero were pretty awesome :p I was rooting for Zero because I got to meet him a couple of weeks ago! He came to Mexico along with Mr. R and M2K. Are you staying with Yoshi in Smash 4?

It was good. MK dittos on grand finals usually put me to sleep, but both Nairo and Zero were pretty awesome :p I was rooting for Zero because I got to meet him a couple of weeks ago! He came to Mexico along with Mr. R and M2K. Are you staying with Yoshi in Smash 4?

That depends. I didn't like Yoshi in 64 and Melee, but he clicked for me in Brawl.

Ideally, my mains would be Luigi and/or Link, since they are my favorite characters. Too bad they were both so awful in Brawl.

Hi GayGaf,

I seem to make the same reintroduction every time i want to post because its so infrequent although always around Real Pic months - and i'm a frequent lurker, but whatever, Hi!

There's a guy that lives near and this is the second time i've passed him and i think he could be gay. We stood at opposite sides of traffic lights waiting to change and there was an awkward recognition and dodging of eye contact then we met each other's eyes until we had to cross. The first time i walked past him he smiled and said Hi and i reciprocated.

Don't know if anything will come of it so thanks for reading this far, but i wanted to ask what GayGaf usually does in those situations. Do you just keep walking with that nice feeling and hope you meet them again or do you turn around and run after them? Happens a lot and I don't really know what to do in those situations.

Also, good advice above from Via Purifico to VICTORsaurio, I have to agree. That kind of mind game can be fun until you develop deeper feelings which can easily turn to heartbreak and is not worth it.

First off, welcome to the thread hope you stick around.
Secondly, It wouldn't hurt to ask him if he wants to hang out notice the rest of his body language while you do and then report back here to HQ.

You never know unless you try.

First off, welcome to the thread hope you stick around.
Secondly, It wouldn't hurt to ask him if he wants to hang out notice the rest of his body language while you do and then report back here to HQ.

You never know unless you try.

Thanks for the welcome and advice.

Yeh, definitely if i see him again I am going to say something. It was unfortunate we were crossing the road on opposite sides.

Guess i was looking for stories from you guys. Do you throw a cheeky wink at them or nod in their direction? I try to play it too cool i think, which ends up coming off as disinterested.

Thanks for the welcome and advice.

Yeh, definitely if i see him again I am going to say something. It was unfortunate we were crossing the road on opposite sides.

Guess i was looking for stories from you guys. Do you throw a cheeky wink at them or nod in their direction? I try to play it too cool i think, which ends up coming off as disinterested.

No winks or anything yet just talk to him casually and take it from there.

btkadams

Hi GayGaf,

spill something on him and offer him a change of clothes back at your place. if he accepts, he will take off his clothes at your place. if he declines, he's not interested.

or maybe do what the others are saying.

Grakl

sounds like something out of The IT Crowd tbh

RM8

That depends. I didn't like Yoshi in 64 and Melee, but he clicked for me in Brawl.

Ideally, my mains would be Luigi and/or Link, since they are my favorite characters. Too bad they were both so awful in Brawl.
Luigi is my secondary in Brawl :p And I actually use him for some MUs (Olimar, Diddy and ICs) when I don't feel too comfortable with Kirby.

Brawl Luigi has plenty of drawbacks, but he's insanely strong and can pressure short-ranged characters like Wario quite decently. Also his lack of traction is a godsend against the ICs and Diddy. Plus he's really fun to play as :p

daripad

I'm bad at doing combos in fighting games, I'm not patient enough for those games tbh. That's why I love platformers, is all about jumping (and attacking in some of them, but the combat systems are not complex there)

Grakl

Smash Bros isn't a fighting game.

Play some Street Fighter, it's da best. I really like Nidhogg, too. It was just released!

RM8

I'm bad at doing combos in fighting games, I'm not patient enough for those games tbh. That's why I love platformers, is all about jumping (and attacking in some of them, but the combat systems are not complex there)
Well, those two are my absolute favorite genres. Smash Bros. is a mix of both! :p

Grizzo

This ! I think I'd take the easy way out and just keep that warm feeling like you said, maybe out of cowardice. But I don't really believe in fairytales or random relationships that were meant to be. That, plus I'd be too afraid of their answer, haha.

sounds like something out of The IT Crowd tbh

You're so right, you just never know when something like this could happen.

If you see him often and like him, find something on him that could be in line with your tastes and use that as an ice breaker. Even if it's another scenario where you pass each other, you could say something more than "Hi," like--I don't know--"Best Doctor" if he has a Doctor Who shirt with David Tennant on it or something. With enough brief interactions like this where common interests are established, you can then wind up having an actual conversation whereupon you discover he's not as interesting as you'd hoped because he thinks Martha was the best companion. And he's straight. Avoid (because of the former, naturally).

If you want something more instant, just go right up to him and strike conversation after the first relatable thing pops up if the situation is easy enough for it.

As for me, I'm the kind of person that doesn't really feel awkward about expressing myself with a "Yeah!" to a complete stranger, or giving them a thumbs up if we both have something similar going on. For example, I once thumbs-upped a guy as we came into each other's view while we were both running late at night. The best part about that was that we both actually thumbs-upped each other at the same time. We had previously been going up and down the same steep hill repeatedly on opposite sidewalks. It wasn't until I went onward and then back towards the hill that we did it (as he broke through the horizon). We knew each other's pain, man.

Luigi is my secondary in Brawl :p And I actually use him for some MUs (Olimar, Diddy and ICs) when I don't feel too comfortable with Kirby.

Brawl Luigi has plenty of drawbacks, but he's insanely strong and can pressure short-ranged characters like Wario quite decently. Also his lack of traction is a godsend against the ICs and Diddy. Plus he's really fun to play as :p

The thing is, I don't find him all that fun to play as, at least compared to his 64 and Melee iterations. He's just so slooooooow. I only used him in friendlies, since if I'd ever use him in a tournament match he'd be outrunned by everyone.

Incidentally, I think Yoshi does better in all the match-ups you described, especially ICs and Wario.

Smash Bros isn't a fighting game.

I can't tell whether this post is serious or not, but I'm going to say you're wrong and leave it at that.

daripad

Brawl was very slow in general. That's why I didn't play it as much as Melee.

And Rm88 that's true andthat is the reason I love Smash Bros. It is my favorite franchise and at the time I got 64 it made me love Nintendo characters (I just knew Mario and co and the pokemon at the time). It's a shame that Subspace Emissary wasn't polished because it could have become the best platforming game ever.

Thanks for the advice, maybe i'm overthinking it and maybe it is a bit like the IT Crowd

Its not as if i see him everywhere, the first time we said hi was before christmas so i was caught off guard seeing him again - i didn't even think he was into me the first time just friendly, but i thought he recognised me this time and tried to make eye contact which i mirrored obviously

Whatever, i'll update if anything happens.

I'll leave this here; Bill Burroughs and Andy Warhol talking about first times, thought it was interesting

God, just finished watching that documentary Bridegroom and have been ugly crying for the past half hour. It's free on Netflix Streaming for anyone interested.

Rayis

I've talked to some gay guys who say they want more straight friends, I'm the opposite, I want more gay friends! you can never have too many~ I wanna be part of a gay circle of friends and go to clubs and have fun together and have orgies.

I just need friends in general.

Bladenic

I've talked to some gay guys who say they want more straight friends, I'm the opposite, I want more gay friends! you can never have too many~ I wanna be part of a gay circle of friends and go to clubs and have fun together and have orgies.

I have a decent balance right now, except my straight friends still don't know bout me so, yeah. Awkward.

Caladrius

I'm the same way, though mainly because I keep making friends with hot straight men, which gets a bit bothersome after awhile.

btkadams

do they say why they want straight friends in particular? i'm curious. there's nothing wrong with straight people (OBVIOUSLY), but wouldn't you always want to know more gay people, since that would mean a larger pool of sexual/romantic partners?

maybe my vision is just clouded by my lack of gay friends and abundance of straight friends. i hope none of my straight friends read this and get the wrong impression... i love all of my friends, regardless of orientation.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual

Most of my friends in my new city are gay guys, seeing as I don't work in an office I find the easiest way to meet mates is on apps like Scruff. Surprising how many people are genuinely looking for mates and not hookups on there.
Though I've had my share of both.

Rayis

do they say why they want straight friends in particular? i'm curious. there's nothing wrong with straight people (OBVIOUSLY), but wouldn't you always want to know more gay people, since that would mean a larger pool of sexual/romantic partners?

maybe my vision is just clouded by my lack of gay friends and abundance of straight friends. i hope none of my straight friends read this and get the wrong impression... i love all of my friends, regardless of orientation.

Not really no, they didn't say why they specifically wanted more straight friends but my guess is they like the challenge of maybe turning them gay for one night or something. Also, that reason you gave about being surrounded by more gay people is what I feel too, relationships born out of friendships are the best.

Grakl

Not really no, they didn't say why they specifically wanted more straight friends but my guess is they like the challenge of maybe turning them gay for one night or something.

hahaha, the fuck?

Anyway, I commented about this before, but a lot of gay people seem narcissistic and incredibly judging, while straight people don't. I don't like most gay people, and I'd generally rather have straight friends.

Sai-kun

Banned

Pretty much all my friends are a result of meeting people through school, and they're basically all straight. I'd like to make some gay friends to out drinking and dancing with but 1) i'm kinda lazy and maintaining friendships is hard 2) i have no clue where to even start with that.

hahaha, the fuck?

Anyway, I commented about this before, but a lot of gay people seem narcissistic and incredibly judging, while straight people don't. I don't like most gay people, and I'd generally rather have straight friends.

i hope this isn't lost on you

Grakl

i hope this isn't lost on you

I know I'm part of the problem! I still make sure to be as nice as possible to pretty much everyone I meet, though, and I watch my mouth. I like making friends. My experience of gay people generally consists of people at my college, and they're a pretty exclusive group, with a few exceptions - they're obviously not representative, but it hurts how I view a lot of gays. Why would an LGBT club be exclusive, you know? They should be welcoming to everyone. The previous college I was at had a great GSA, though, and I helped run it.

Thanks for the advice guys. Just to clarify, I never meant protection wouldn't be in the picture, but I guess it's the sort of thing that would still kinda worry me in the back of my mind even with condoms. I suppose I'll just have to learn to relax once the proper precautionary measures are taken.

Dude (sorry not trying to be a dick here) but this guy sounds like a tool. Pretty shitty and manipulative of him to be affectionate with you and pull you back in limbo, and then put on the breaks. Especially considering he knows how you feel.

I'm sure you've heard it before ad nauseam, but you shouldn't waste time on him. Focus your energy on making yourself happy, and finding a decent guy that'll reciprocate your feelings. Whatever it is that has you enamored with him, I promise you there's someone out there that'll trump it.

God, just finished watching that documentary Bridegroom and have been ugly crying for the past half hour. It's free on Netflix Streaming for anyone interested.

I was meaning to watch this but forgot about it. Another message board I was on, people were claiming it was an attention/pity-fishing fest, but I'm willing to bet some of them were being overly critical.

I saw the roof fence in the trailer that caused the accident though. Good lord how are those things up to code? They're so freaking short, they're practically parking-space bumpers.

Also, what an ironic last name...

spill something on him and offer him a change of clothes back at your place. if he accepts, he will take off his clothes at your place. if he declines, he's not interested.

or maybe do what the others are saying.

10/10. Solid advice.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I know I'm part of the problem! I still make sure to be as nice as possible to pretty much everyone I meet, though, and I watch my mouth. I like making friends. My experience of gay people generally consists of people at my college, and they're a pretty exclusive group, with a few exceptions - they're obviously not representative, but it hurts how I view a lot of gays. Why would an LGBT club be exclusive, you know? They should be welcoming to everyone. The previous college I was at had a great GSA, though, and I helped run it.
My experience with the gay group on campus was overwhelmingly negative. I once listened to a group of three people talk about whether or not they would molest black children if they were pedophiles.

Grakl

My experience with the gay group on campus was overwhelmingly negative. I once listened to a group of three people talk about whether or not they would molest black children if they were pedophiles.

Well, you do go to the same college I do, hah. The gay group here is insane.

hahaha, the fuck?

The only added challenge I've found in having the gays as friends involves the ambiguity of if it's all platonic or not. Straight guys, girls, and lesbians all eliminate this source of tension on one or both ends.

Bladenic

A little LTTP but I watched Looking last night and thought it was pretty good. Funnier than I expected.

Also beat SMT4 neutral route. RPG GOTY of 2013, for sure.

Dead Man

I want more straight friends because I want to have sex with girls, lol. Boys are good, but variety is needed, and all my friends at the moment are lesbians or 30-50 year old bear types.

Caladrius

Are you sure these college kids aren't really aliens?

My experience has been okay, my GSA had some unreliable leadership though. I hear that they got replaced. Pity I can't go back to them at the moment.

Also beat SMT4 neutral route. RPG GOTY of 2013, for sure.

Good.

Now do a New Game Plus using a DEX build.

Grakl

Start a rogue gay group. I'd join.

Hah, you're probably joking, but I actually wouldn't mind doing this - I'm willing to bet most people don't fit into the mold of the current group on campus. I dunno how I would go about doing it, though, so meh.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Go Lutheran on their butts and nail a list of demands onto the door of their HQ.

Then start your own Protestant GSA.

Bladenic

Are you sure these college kids aren't really aliens?

My experience has been okay, my GSA had some unreliable leadership though. I hear that they got replaced. Pity I can't go back to them at the moment.

Good.

Now do a New Game Plus using a DEX build.

Ain't got time for that, at least not right now. I was magic and wrecked everything in sight. My other save is at the lock and I'll probably speed through Chaos and just watch Law online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom