• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daley's thirst......

That guy knows. He smirks a bit at the end.

Hahaha. He should've been a bit less obvious. Who's the guy Daley is peeking at?

His name is Daniel Osborne - he's the product of the UK's trashiest show - The Only Way is Essex...

To be fair, the guy is hot and the only one in a speedo for some reason.

It's from Tom Daley's TV show - Splash. "Celebrities" get taught how to dive and compete. It's pretty lame but involves Daley and flesh - so I seem to still watch it :/

Kater

Banned
GOG: Removed from catalog: Fallout 1, 2 & Tactics

Sadly, it is :(
That's why few weeks ago GOG was giving Fallout 1, 2 & Tactics for free as a gift to all their registered users. THe game can't be sold anymore, but if you bought it, you will still be able to download it from the service.
The G.E.C.K. joke is from some dialogue from Fallout 2, right? Brings a smile to my face every time.
Hope it comes back on GOG soon, I really want to get the Extra content offered by them.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Edit: Oh, it's just Bethesda figuring license agreements out with GOG and Steam since they are now the new publisher. Thought the games were pulled for good for a second! :)

It's Beth. There's no way they're coming back to GoG. Especially after that "FUCK YOU" fire sale/giveaway they did a month back.

I visited one of my old crushes yesterday. He's still hot. He still has a boyfriend.
It's probably better off as a crush because sometimes I can't stand him on twitter :p

Grizzo

It's from Tom Daley's TV show - Splash. "Celebrities" get taught how to dive and compete. It's pretty lame but involves Daley and flesh - so I seem to still watch it :/

Oh my god, we had a french adaptation of this show airing just last year haha. It was really pathetic. Just washed-up celebrities (from R&B singers to TV hosts and even ex-reality show contestants) diving in a pool, in front of an ecstatic audience. I mean, look at that, how could it even get any lamer ?

But somehow, the ratings weren't that bad so it's coming back for a second season later this year. Go figure.

Alrus

Oh my god, we had a french adaptation of this show airing just last year haha. It was really pathetic. Just washed-up celebrities (from R&B singers to TV hosts and even ex-reality show contestants) diving in a pool, in front of an ecstatic audience. I mean, look at that, how could it even get any lamer ?

But somehow, the ratings weren't that bad so it's coming back for a second season later this year. Go figure.

Oh god I remember seeing some trailers for that show on TF1 and thinking that they really ran out of idea if that was considered viable for prime time.

Rrang129

I remember the US having a diving show like that... Don't think it did well, never saw much buzz about it. I think it had the dude from Family Feud...?

RM8

I pretty much never watch TV. We have tons of Mexican versions of shows from other places, at the moment The Voice seems to be rather popular around here.

Rayis

Usually when giving out compliments in the RPJ thread, I make it more general and compliment everyone, usually by telling them I want to sex all of them.

Grizzo

Oh god I remember seeing some trailers for that show on TF1 and thinking that they really ran out of idea if that was considered viable for prime time.

Do all of Belgium receive french channels such as TF1
(which I think is an awful channel by the way)
? If so, do you speak french too ? I've been meaning to ask you this ever since I found you live there. I don't know much about the differences between Wallonia and Flanders.

I remember the US having a diving show like that... Don't think it did well, never saw much buzz about it. I think it had the dude from Family Feud...?

Yes, you're remembering well :

splash_abc_cast.jpg

So it seems like being the ex-girlfriend of the Playboy magazine founder makes you a celebrity. Though I know she had a dumb reality show on E!, one of the most inane things I've ever watched on TV.

Ahasverus

You know what sucks about having had a good looking BF? That after the break up every man that is interested in you seems ugly in comparison and you don't let yourself to "go back" >.< Damn 21th century.

btkadams

You know what sucks about having had a good looking BF? That after the break up every man that is interested in you seems ugly in comparison and you don't let yourself to "go back" >.< Damn 21th century.
how recent did you date? i think that's a pretty normal feeling with an ex, regardless of whether or not they are objectively hotter than everyone else. i felt the same way about my ex when i was looking around, but i think it's because the attraction to someone you know well is built on more than just their looks.

Ahasverus

how recent did you date? i think that's a pretty normal feeling with an ex, regardless of whether or not they are objectively hotter than everyone else. i felt the same way about my ex when i was looking around, but i think it's because the attraction to someone you know well is built on more than just their looks.

We're been separate for 1 month now, I have no contact with, no pictures of him, nothing, I'm doing pretty good, but you might be right, that was a long 1 and half year attraction, starting again is hard. My ex was pretty handsome (he let himself go at the end - I did too as we both loved food but I'm back in shape ha-, sadly, but he was a babe when I first met him, and his face is lovely).
Still I want to know new people and some fun kids are around me, they're fun and they ARE handsome, just not that, but still, whateveer, if any of them wins me over, I won't be mad.

btkadams

We're been separate for 1 month now, I have no contact with, no pictures of him, nothing, I'm doing pretty good, but you might be right, that was a long 1 and half year attraction, starting again is hard. My ex was pretty handsome (he let himself go at the end, sadly, but he was a babe when I first met him).
Still I want to know new people and some fun kids are around me, they're fun and they ARE handsome, just not that, but still, whateveer, if any of them wins me over, I won't be mad.

ah yeah, so it's still quite recent. that's definitely normal. it's hard to not think like that.

honestly, the one tip i could give to anyone wanting to meet guys is to not let yourself get too hung up on the initial looks you see on a profile (and, Ahasverus, i'm not really directing this at you, but to everyone)..ESPECIALLY if you are wanting that attraction you felt in a past relationship. that feeling is complex and built on much more than any image you'd find online. i don't mean this to come off as condescending whatsoever, as i have historically been very guilty of this and might fall back into the same shit if/when my current relationship ends.

Well. I am too cautious, I guess :p I think I complimented a guy's hair once!

You should never feel shy about handing out compliments. The worst that somebody could do is ignore it. Why wouldn't anybody like to hear a compliment?

Also-
Rm88~...... you're hot.

Oh Jeez - this is exactly the same show as Tom Daley's. Except, TD front's ours and coaches the "celebs"

I fucking hate
most
TV.

Rrang129

Oh Jeez - this is exactly the same show as Tom Daley's. Except, TD front's ours and coaches the "celebs"

I fucking hate
most
TV.

I've been tired of reality shows, but... Tom Daley in anything would make me watch it.
How long till the summer olympics again...? =\

Caladrius

So I went to class and go to the front wondering where the sign up sheet is. I head over towards the seat next to the guy that I was thinking of asking out before remembering that I was sick and probably should not be coughing and sniffling next to him.

Cue awkward sequence of going through the row in front towards the end of the row right where he sits, circling around his seat and then going all the way down to the middle like a dick.

JaCy

Hi guys, just thought I'd introduce myself even though I'm nowhere near a new member. Just barely ever post in this or the old threads.

Anyway I have a question for you guys and wanting your guys opinion on a guy I've been talking to for a year. He hates Fem guys and I do mean hate. He didn't want to keep dating another guy because he was flamboyant and "snaps his fingers too much". Am I wrong or overreacting in thinking he's homophobic?

royalan

Hi guys, just thought I'd introduce myself even though I'm nowhere near a new member. Just barely ever post in this or the old threads.

Anyway I have a question for you guys and wanting your guys opinion on a guy I've been talking to for a year. He hates Fem guys and I do mean hate. He didn't want to keep dating another guy because he was flamboyant and "snaps his fingers too much". Am I wrong or overreacting in thinking he's homophobic?

Welcome.

Your friend doesn't sound homophobic.

Your friend sounds like a douche.

mantidor

It sounds kind of douchey.

However, I don't think not liking the flamboyant type is homophobic, it's just tastes, I don't like them either, but, refusing to even talk to them is homophobic, I have some friends like that, I'm very introverted so sometimes it's too much to hang out with them, however it's not like I'm going to stop talking with them or something.

And welcome! :p

Well, if he's not attracted to fem guys, he's not attracted to fem guys. Nothing wrong with that. But if he's automatically a dick towards a guy if he finds out they're fem, then yeah, that's kinda weird.

7threst

I don't like men who are feminine, as in: it doesn't attract me at all, more the opposite even. That doesn't mean I can be good friends with guys who are feminine. But hating them? That's fucked up imo. People are who they are

RM8

You should never feel shy about handing out compliments. The worst that somebody could do is ignore it. Why wouldn't anybody like to hear a compliment?

Also-
Rm88~...... you're hot.
While you're right, did you really have to lie to prove your point?

You're actually the hot one of the ____88-named guys :p

I just got my first few Jock straps in the mail today. Gotta say when i put them on i kinda felt like this... lol
1387812477_1t9rqxu_6ceb.gif

Which felt awesome. I think i have a new addiction >_> lol

Ahasverus

21st not th, love.

Blame my english, omg I'm sean connery :p

Ahasverus is Vargo Hoat's voice actor confirmed :p
Kingthlayer .. You are my captifth

Soooo I finally met my mysterious phone contact in person... I had one of the better afternoons/evenings in my recent memory, he's faar more handsome in person and he's very very fun, we were 5 hours just chatting about stuff with only one beer, I got charmed. 8/10 would date again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom