• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RM8

Also I don't know who decided it was ok to tell people they're too thin. I get that quite a bit and I think, if it was reversed and I told somebody they weren't thin enough I'd get demonised so quickly.
Yeah, it should be considered just as wrong. Still, unless I get told that I should gain weight in a rude manner, I genuinely don't feel offended. We don't really use "go eat a sandwich" in Spanish :p

Mumei

Bill's face is still really weird looking. No thanks.

Also way more substantial in terms of like literary themes and symbolism and stuff, while still being really accessible due to like postmodernism or operating on multiple registers (like 'high culture' and 'low culture' or whatever). It's probably the best anime.

Are you talking about Monster? It doesn't sound like you're talking about Monster. It sounds like you're talking about Revolutionary Girl Utena, which is not the best anime.

I have only seen half of Utena. I should finish it.

Grizzo

Thanks for all your nice words and compliments guys ! (though I didn't mean to spark such a debate with that pic)

Just a joke, guys. He looks amazing.

You diva's, you.

EDIT: A bad joke, admittedly.

It's alright ! You know, I used to think I wasn't thick enough, and then I heard that Christina Aguilera song and my life changed forever. No, just kidding, I eventually learned to accept the fact that I can't gain weight that easily. Plus my BMI is normal. I'd be more than okay with putting on some weight though.

Cute pic!

(Also, where'd you get dat hoodie? I need it in my life.)

I found it on RedBubble. They have a lot of cool designs which you can choose to print on whatever type of clothes you want (they use American Apparel's products so... there's that).

You look cute!
Don't know if I participate in RPJ since my mobile phone is dead and I cant find my photo camera anymore. :/

And thanks to your Hoodie I remembered that I have to play Earthbound sometime in the future, whenever I find the time between all those games that release in 2014.

Ah, you absolutely need to play it ! If I were you, I'd put all those other upcoming games on hold and play Earthbound as soon as possible. It is that good. But I can see how some people might find it bad. It's not a perfect game by any means, just an engrossing one with a fantastic story.
Mother 3 is great, too.

RM8

Earthbound rocks. Even now it feels like such a unique and refreshing take on RPGs :p Really creative, fun, smart game. I look forward to playing it again when I finally buy a WiiU.

fernoca

Is it too late to do Real Pic January ?
(well it's still January so I guess not)
I don't want to post it on the RPJ OT since it's gotten more like a small community in itself. Plus I now feel comfortable enough to post my face on this welcoming thread !

gjxr.jpg

I just received this Earthbound hoodie. Quite simple actually, but perfect to hang out around the house !

Damn..welp..guess I'm moving to France!!

Garcia

Sooo I finally found the motivation to finish Dark Souls. What a convoluted mess of a videogame. Its highs are fantastic with some of the best boss fights I've ever encountered and its lows are so disappointing.

Don't get the hype at all. It could've been an amazing game but it falls flat on the face in several aspects. Will write a GameFaqs rev. later on.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It is kind of weird. Everything from the neck down is fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine tho.

7threst

Sooo I finally found the motivation to finish Dark Souls. What a convoluted mess of a videogame. Its highs are fantastic with some of the best boss fights I've ever encountered and its lows are so disappointing.

Don't get the hype at all. It could've been an amazing game but it falls flat on the face in several aspects. Will write a GameFaqs rev. later on.
This is simply not possible... have you tried playing online and invading and getting invade?

Are you talking about Monster? It doesn't sound like you're talking about Monster. It sounds like you're talking about Revolutionary Girl Utena, which is not the best anime.

Monster is really, really good. I think Utena takes better advantage of the medium, though; like it employs a lot of anime tropes at the same time that it transcends them, like it's truly an 'anime' yet it uses that in its favor to become something greater than that normally suggests in a way that inspires a sense of wonder. It also draws more on like mythic and philosophical archetypes which is the easiest way of getting me to pay attention to stuff, because my preferred mode of thinking is apparently a slave to that sort of thing.
You need to finish it! Gosh it has been forever.
I'd say that Monster is more substantive in terms of ethics, and it has strength in a more 'grounded' narrative, though.

Kater

Banned
Ah, you absolutely need to play it ! If I were you, I'd put all those other upcoming games on hold and play Earthbound as soon as possible. It is that good. But I can see how some people might find it bad. It's not a perfect game by any means, just an engrossing one with a fantastic story.
Mother 3 is great, too.
It has been recommended to me before by a friend of mine.
I will look up a video review then, CGR probably have done one on this game.

BTW, the 3DS' camera is no good for taking pictures of yourself. Much to awkward to hold. :/

Mumei

What kind of insane standards? Gerl...

I don't have insane standards; they're just somewhat idiosyncratic at times. I find plenty of "normal" looking guys attractive, after all. I think he has a great body, but I don't like the way his face looks, that's all.

Bladenic

I don't have insane standards; they're just somewhat idiosyncratic at times. I find plenty of "normal" looking guys attractive, after all. I think he has a great body, but I don't like the way his face looks, that's all.

So then would you smash? Or is the face enough for you to pass? I was just messing with you anyway, face is important (but I think he's good looking too).

My first thought when that dude was posted however long ago was that his face looked like a mask. Not like a loose fitting Halloween mask or whatever, but inanimate or something.

Grizzo

It has been recommended to me before by a friend of mine.
I will look up a video review then, CGR probably have done one on this game.

BTW, the 3DS' camera is no good for taking pictures of yourself. Much to awkward to hold. :/

Yeah, actually CGR even did three videos about it ! I'd recommend watching this one (the reviewer sounds a little bit bored but it's the best video out of the three in my opinion)

Earthbound rocks. Even now it feels like such a unique and refreshing take on RPGs :p Really creative, fun, smart game. I look forward to playing it again when I finally buy a WiiU.

I know what you mean, Earthbound being released on the Virtual Console almost sold me on the Wii U, haha. But Nintendo is such a mess right now that I can't support this system. Maybe when it finally gets cheaper.

Bill's face is still really weird looking. No thanks.

I've actually been meaning to get into monster after a friend recommended it. You really should finish Utena, tho.

Kater

Banned
Yeah, actually CGR even did three videos about it ! I'd recommend watching this one (the reviewer sounds a little bit bored but it's the best video out of the three in my opinion)

Both of them sound bored in their reviews most of the time. But they still have the highest quality and the richest of review libraries besides maybe Giant Bomb and Gamespot (in terms of video game reviews at least). That's why their website/YT channel is the first where I look first for information about any old game on any old console.

Ah, I got sidetracked again!
I will check the video out, thanks for the link Grizzo!

Grizzo

I just found this guy on tumblr and wow, he's gorgeous.
I'm usually not into guys with beards, but dayum. His body is on point as well.

Woah, he does look handsome. I was thinking about getting tattoos but it's something you have to really consider before doing it. His body is banging too. Though I agree with Via Purifico, ear gauges are not my thing. Still, I guess when you're as good looking as him, you can pull it off easily.

(and by the way you look pretty cute yourself)

Woah, he does look handsome. I was thinking about getting tattoos but it's something you have to really consider before doing it. His body is banging too. Though I agree with Via Purifico, ear gauges are not my thing. Still, I guess when you're as good looking as him, you can pull it off easily.

(and by the way you look pretty cute yourself)

Indeed, he can pull it off but there is something really unattractive about a guy who looks like he can fit a soda can in the hole of his ear.
I don't have crazy standards in fact I am easy to please with certain things but gauges of that size do nothing for me. I have no issue with smaller ones though.

Grizzo

Indeed, he can pull it off but there is something really unattractive about a guy who looks like he can fit a soda can in the hole of his ear.
I don't have crazy standards in fact I am easy to please with certain things but gauges of that size do nothing for me. I have no issue with smaller ones though.

Soooo... what do you think about this guy ? :D

I don't care about the gauged ears, they don't turn me off at all. The tattoos are kinda tacky tho.

fake edit: except for extreme cases like the above, yeesh.

RM8

Ear gauges... uh, I don't like them. I'm not sure if they're downright deal breakers for me, but they're most definitely not a pro. Tattoos? Even though I'm not interested in tattoos myself, I actually find them appealing on some people :p They can look good, even if there are a lot of them. These, though, are pretty ugly IMO.

Ear gauges... uh, I don't like them. I'm not sure if they're downright deal breakers for me, but they're most definitely not a pro. Tattoos? Even though I'm not interested in tattoos myself, I actually find them appealing on some people :p They can look good, even if there are a lot of them. These, though, are pretty ugly IMO.

I am the same way. I don't have any tattoos of my own but don't mind it on a guy and I think they look cool.
Some might find Japanese body tattoos excessive but I think they're beautiful works of art.

Bladenic

Gauges and anything more than 1-2 well placed and small tattoos are deal breakers for me. Tattoos aren't attractive for me except in a few and small exceptions, and gauges just look stupid.

Ty4on

The tattoos and gauges somehow blend well with the rest of his look.

I kind of see why people don't like them, but I'm glad I don't mind tattoos. NSFW and also NSFW. Sorry if I brought your hopes up. I found the first one a long time ago in the GAF Tumblr.

daripad

God, you know....I want a guy that loves coffee, LOST and games as much as I do.

Oh wait, I already do <3

Yeah, rub it on our faces
j/k

I hate tattoos, ear gauges and piercings,they are huge turn offs.

I played like 2 hours of Earthbound in an emulator years ago and it was pretty and funny, I love games that don't take themselves too seriously, just like Ace Attorney games and Kid Icarus Uprising, I wish there were more games with the same levels of humor, there are too much serious games but very few hilarious ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom