• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ty4on

Thanks!
I played like 2 hours of Earthbound in an emulator years ago and it was pretty and funny, I love games that don't take themselves too seriously, just like Ace Attorney games and Kid Icarus Uprising, I wish there were more games with the same levels of humor, there are too much serious games but very few hilarious ones.

That's why everybody needs to play The Stanley Parable. Raphael trailer. Spoilers can ruin big chunks of the game. Like someone said it is amazing (though short), but I can't tell you why.

Grizzo

I played like 2 hours of Earthbound in an emulator years ago and it was pretty and funny, I love games that don't take themselves too seriously, just like Ace Attorney games and Kid Icarus Uprising, I wish there were more games with the same levels of humor, there are too much serious games but very few hilarious ones.

Don't be fooled, it might be witty and hilarious (that's what makes it so charming) but it gets pretty dark as you advance through the game. Try to finish it if you get the chance !
(and if you really want to, obviously)

A good example of another funny game is the Wario Ware series, imo. Oh, and the Paper Mario one too !

Kater

Banned
Yeah, rub it on our faces
j/k

I hate tattoos, ear gauges and piercings,they are huge turn offs.

If you want a game full of funny Pop culture references and generally funny dialogue you have to play Fallout 2.
Fallout in general is great when it comes to humour.
Falout 1 & 2 (plus Fallout Tactics) are sometimes down to around 3-4$ as a bundle (on Steam and GOG) so see for yourself.

---

Apropos Fallout, I found a Youtube video where you could see all the male NPC that you could flirt with as a male character, some of which I didn't even guessed that they could be into a male character. (Tbh, I only knew of
Arcade Gannon
)

daripad

Thanks!

That's why everybody needs to play The Stanley Parable. Raphael trailer. Spoilers can ruin big chunks of the game. Like someone said it is amazing (though short), but I can't tell you why.

Mm okay
Don't be fooled, it might be witty and hilarious (that's what makes it so charming) but it gets pretty dark as you advance through the game. Try to finish it if you get the chance !
(and if you really want to, obviously)

A good example of another funny game is the Wario Ware series, imo. Oh, and the Paper Mario one too !
I'll do once my internet connection is available again and Pokebank gets ready so I do some purchases on the eshop.

About Paper Mario, I haven't played the Wii one but the others have been good too, though I played the N64 one as a child so I didn't get any joke since I was starting to learn english by that time (with videogames, of course :p)
If you want a game full of funny Pop culture references and generally funny dialogue you have to play Fallout 2.
Fallout in general is great when it comes to humour.
Falout 1 & 2 (plus Fallout Tactics) are sometimes down to around 3-4$ as a bundle (on Steam and GOG) so see for yourself.

---

Apropos Fallout, I found a Youtube video where you could see all the male NPC that you could flirt with as a male character, some of which I didn't even know of. (Tbh, I only knew of
Arcade Gannon
)
I don't play games on PC, sorry.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/w...ree-picture-deal-with-warner-bros-1201067961/

Gal Gadot, the Israeli actress who was recently cast as Wonder Woman, has signed a three-picture deal with Warner Bros., Variety has confirmed.

We’re told Gadot will play the role in not only the upcoming Batman-Superman pic, but in a Justice League movie and a Wonder Woman standalone film.

The Israeli entertainment show “Good Evening with Gai Pines” reported that Gadot will earn $300,000 per film.

Limiting the deal to three pictures makes sense for Warners, since the studio still doesn’t know how auds will react to Wonder Woman in the untitled Batman-Superman movie. Since its taken so long to find the right parts to make a Wonder Woman movie work, WB and DC don’t want to rush into a large commitment if fans are still not drawn to a standalone movie featuring the character.

The untitled Batman-Superman film was originally scheduled to open next year, but has been pushed back to May 6, 2016.

My prediction is 2019 or 2020.

the truth is generally that there's always one person in the couple that wants the 'open' or polyamorous thing more. If you can identify who that is - if it's you, why? What are you missing from your bf?

Because I'm bi. I miss having a girl around and what it is like to be with a girl. It is just different. It is hard to explain.

Oh god.

Isn't ragging on me for my personal preferences just as bad as me calling someone too skinny?

I know your comment was a joke, but some people got really butt-hurt over what I said.

I saw the joke it's whatever we're all good here *pinches your cheek* (Sorry I have a thing for guys with chubby cheeks)

Well I am off to finish the rest of P4G.

Ahasverus

I've been around gaming side for a while, I feel my acount in danger, I'll stay out for some time :p
rant:
That said I can not fucking believe internet Explorer is BEHIND A PAYWALL. The Xbox one is the unffuniest of all the jokes.

RM8

^ Stay safe! :p But yeah, that's pretty hilarious.

Oh god.

Isn't ragging on me for my personal preferences just as bad as me calling someone too skinny?

I know your comment was a joke, but some people got really butt-hurt over what I said.
Lol, I missed that joke.

Quilladin is not fat, he's a piñata. Quilladin rocks (I'm Mexican). It's so strongly evident that Chespin is the best.

Ear gauges... uh, I don't like them. I'm not sure if they're downright deal breakers for me, but they're most definitely not a pro. Tattoos? Even though I'm not interested in tattoos myself, I actually find them appealing on some people :p They can look good, even if there are a lot of them. These, though, are pretty ugly IMO.

Oh, so they're called "ear gauges"?

Yeah... that's a total dealbreaker for me. I just find it creepy for people to have holes in their ears big enough to stick a finger through. On that note, I barely tolerate earrings, too.

Tattoos are fine as long as someone doesn't go overboard. I'd never get one myself, though.

Ahasverus

Oh, so they're called "ear gauges"?

Yeah... that's a total dealbreaker for me. I just find it creepy for people to have holes in their ears big enough to stick a finger through. On that note, I barely tolerate earrings, too.

Tattoos are fine as long as someone doesn't go overboard. I'd never get one myself, though.

Yep, gauges are terrible. The ear turns into a mess when removd too and the reconstuctive surgery is costly. I like how I know racist people that hate aborigenous and black tribal people and mock them use those things.

Masamuna

I never thought I'd be with a guy with gauges or tattoos, but then I met the other half. On the one hand I never pictured it but on the other it's not a major criteria for me.

That said I do cringe when he jests about going more than 25mm.

royalan

...uh...I can't be the only one who lurks FitnessGAF for all the shirtless "Work In Progress" pics, right? Please someone tell me I'm not weird.

...uh...I can't be the only one who lurks FitnessGAF for all the shirtless "Work In Progress" pics, right? Please someone tell me I'm not weird.

Speaking of fitness, I've been playing Wii Fit U in an attempt to get more fit and flexible. I wonder if it'll really help in that regard...

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
God, you know....I want a guy that loves coffee, LOST and games as much as I do.

I hate coffee, LOST was only good for the first three seasons, and I'm not super into games. It would never work out between us :^I.

IKnxOI6.gif

I just find it creepy for people to have holes in their ears big enough to stick a
____
through.

ntsvAlh.gif

RM8

I guess there's nothing wrong about this, but some people definitely would feel uncomfortable about it. This is why I never compliment the looks of StraightGAF during RPJ, you really never know if someone won't be okay with it. Or am I being way too cautious? :p

Rrang129

Hey guys!

Decided to stop being a lurker on here! Guess RPJ was a good time to start, it's always nice to put a face to what I'm reading.
And there are so many handsome people!!!

I hate coffee, LOST was only good for the first three seasons, and I'm not super into games. It would never work out between us :^I.

Why did you join gaf then? Was it for the hot guys? It was for the hot guys wasn't it? :p

Hey guys!

Decided to stop being a lurker on here! Guess RPJ was a good time to start, it's always nice to put a face to what I'm reading.

Welcome.

Caladrius

You know what I got a haircut and I'm feeling sexy so I'm dropping the facade for a day starting in about 10 hours. There's a guy I want to look nice in front of in class tomorrow so I'll be sufficiently primped to be presentable .

Hey guys!

Welcome!

Sagitario

This is why I never compliment the looks of StraightGAF during RPJ, you really never know if someone won't be okay with it. Or am I being way too cautious? :p
If you are not being weird/creepy about it and it's a nice and sincere compliment/comment, why won't someone be OK with it?
You have received them here, does that make you feel uncomfortable?

RM8

If you are not being weird/creepy about it and it's a nice and sincere compliment/comment, why won't someone be OK with it?
You have received them here, does that make you feel uncomfortable?
What I mean is that I don't think all straight guys are okay with being complimented by other guy.

After replaying events in my head I think this.
Kanji isn't bisexual or homosexual he just goes with what he finds attractive. He was attracted to Naoto when he thought she was a guy and yet his attraction didn't change when revealed to be a girl. There is also the part where he got a nosebleed when the guys were in their swimming trunks.

Gender doesn't seem to be an issue to him the only reason his dungeon was the bathhouse along with the stereotypical shadow was because he assumed himself to be gay. In terms of Naoto decoy in what way? unless you mean a false image it was only to be taken seriously as a detective otherwise no one would listen to what she had to say.
In terms of him on how he wants to be perceived was an issue in mind as well but not for the reasons it might come across.

In this scene
he actually gets the nosebleed from the girls.

Jun Kurosu was
here and queer before is was cool. And, unlike Kanji, Jun was a viable romance option.

Liked the series, but I heard the third movie, specifically the ending, was extremely stupid.

If you want a magical girl series recommendation, just watch Revolutionary Girl Utena. It's longer and weirder than Madoka, but def worth a shot. It even has lesbian/bi-female representation.

It's only natural for Innocent Sin to outdo 4.

Sagitario

Bill%20Reilich-1.gif

The guys who made that Ellen rap (everyone cares only about Bill from the gif above) were invited to her show and she gave them new Ellen shirts. The one she gave Bill is much better than the old one he wore on the video.

qBrO7OZ.jpg

96lQMiO.jpg

I feel compelled to make more GIFs :3
Best.Shirt!

What I mean is that I don't think all straight guys are okay with being complimented by other guy.

It's the Internet, 2014 and people find them cute... I am sure they can deal with it, say a simple "thanks" or just ignore the compliment.

fernoca

Love tattoos. Granted, too much is always a bad thing. I've wanted a sleeve (well, two) and started at the end of last year with two bands:
I've actually received compliments for the tattoo, because it's simple yet looks like I'm wearing a bracelet/band. Planning on adding tribal designs, bands,etc. through the year.

Closer look (with medicine back them)...
And while it was peeling:

Love tattoos. Granted, too much is always a bad thing. I've wanted a sleeve (well, too). and started at the end of last year with two bands:

I've actually received compliments for the tattoo, because it's simple yet looks like I'm wearing a bracelet/band. Planning on adding tribal designs, bands,etc. through the year.

I like it.

Love tattoos. Granted, too much is always a bad thing. I've wanted a sleeve (well, too). and started at the end of last year with two bands:

this looks really cool.

Mr_Zombie

Unfortunately, not anymore. Classic Fallouts (1, 2 & Tactics) are no more on GOG, Steam or any other DD service. License stuff or something. :/

fernoca

Finally watchedbthe first episode of 'Looking' and it was really good but darn under 30 minutes shows. XD

Also liked that I've seen nearly every actor with speaking dialogs in another movie or TV show.

Will keep watching.

Kater

Banned
Unfortunately, not anymore. Classic Fallouts (1, 2 & Tactics) are no more on GOG, Steam or any other DD service. License stuff or something. :/

No way!

D:

Edit: Oh, it's just Bethesda figuring license agreements out with GOG and Steam since they are now the new publisher. Thought the games were pulled for good for a second! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom