• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came out when I was 16 years old o___o So definitely still in high school..
I went to a Catholic high school, so I was the only openly gay male there at the time. People called me a faggot and teased me until I came out, and then everybody started telling me how much they respected me.. So confused X_X LOL.

Kater

Banned
yeah there were gay people in my high school but nobody really made too much of a fuss about it. I just mostly kept it to myself, didn't start hitting up on guys until college
even though I gave my first blowjob at summer camp when I was 13

Late Bloomer.

:p

I came out when I was 16 years old o___o So definitely still in high school..
I went to a Catholic high school, so I was the only openly gay male there at the time. People called me a faggot and teased me until I came out, and then everybody started telling me how much they respected me.. So confused X_X LOL.

Hypocrites. I'm sorry that you had to go through such a hard time.

I personally never really came out in school (or hell, not until this year actually) but I had my fun with some of the boys who also held their sexuality a secret.

Grizzo

Late Bloomer.

:p

haha what's funny is between the age of 13 to 18, I haven't had any other relationship or intercourse. So that single blow job epitomizes the extent of how boring my sexuality was during my teenage years.

Once I turned 18 and went to college, well that's a whole other story.

Hypocrites. I'm sorry that you had to go through such a hard time.

I personally never really came out in school (or hell, not until this year actually) but I had my fun with some of the boys who also held their sexuality a secret.

Aww no it's okay.. I mean.. At least it all got better in time for senior year <33!

So this one time.. In 11th grade (just after I came out to a couple people), I was sent with two other girls in my grade to this religious conference in Michigan :S And I really didn't want to go cause like.. I dunno.. I don't really go to church or anything.. But I thought it would look good on a resume and stuff since very few students were chosen to go LOL! So I went. And the first night, I had to share a hotel room with this guy who was from my city but different school. And.. I sort of made him realize he was into guys if you know what I mean o_____o. Wah I'm embarrassed to say any more than that LOLL! But now he's got a boyfriend and stuff, so I guess I did a good thing..? :O

Dany

Banned
San Fran is so cold. When I saw the forecast I wasn't expecting it to be this muggy. its illogical how gorgeous this city and the view is. I can't wait to see some of the sights in the upcoming days with the bf.

My realization and coming out last year happened because of Lucario here, and I immediately starting dating him lol
I'm jealous of you guys! It has only been 11 years of no action, though, so I guess I'm starting to come to terms with a life of celibacy.

Rayis

Let's not pretend we live in a perfect world where all straight people are accepting of homosexuality, we just happen to live (some of us at least) in a fairly liberal society that is just starting to realize that being mean to gay people is a bad thing, the majority of the world is still just as homophobic as always (or even more so in some parts as a backlash due to western society's increasing acceptance of homosexuality.)

Grakl living proof you can catch the gays.

will make headline soon.

Also i didn't come out in school. i also had crushes on girls. but obviously the dick was strong. but i also went to a school where I couldn't find any guys to crush on. so maybe that's why.

GCX

Good news time (to balance the sad Chinese boy story I told earlier): My bf got a new great permanent job today after being really stressed the last few months because his current contract ends this week. During the interview he sort of half-accidentally mentioned that he lives together with his boyfriend and after that the boss went on to state how they have a strict anti-discrimination policy, everyone can be who they are, etc.

Yay progress and yay for the new job. :)

Grizzo

Let's not pretend we live in a perfect world where all straight people are accepting of homosexuality, we just happen to live (some of us at least) in a fairly liberal society that is just starting to realize that being mean to gay people is a bad thing, the majority of the world is still just as homophobic as always (or even more so in some parts as a backlash due to western society's increasing acceptance of homosexuality.)

Exactly. The world we live in is still disgusting, just a little less than before.

Good news time (to balance the sad Chinese boy story I told earlier): My bf got a new great permanent job today after being really stressed the last few months because his current contract ends this week. During the interview he sort of half-accidentally mentioned that he lives together with his boyfriend and after that the boss went on to state how they have a strict anti-discrimination policy, everyone can be who they are, etc.

Yay progress and yay for the new job. :)

Congrats to him! What's the job, if I may ask?

Divorce is extremely rare there, and I imagine it would end up screwing over the bride severely.
I guess the only real option to avoid such a situation would be to move abroad in that case which is, presumably, hardly practical given how they both would be uprooting their lives, leaving behind any friends and family, and losing any job/education they were currently involved in. I guess there really isn't much that can be done in such a disheartening position. The barriers still present for many LGBT individuals in a wide variety of locations (particularly those where it is only a minority that is not strongly averse to such relationships) is quite a substantial shame in how repressive they can be in having a happy life, and just how many it can detrimentally impact in addition to the LGBT individual themself.

So I went. And the first night, I had to share a hotel room with this guy who was from my city but different school. And.. I sort of made him realize he was into guys if you know what I mean o_____o. Wah I'm embarrassed to say any more than that LOLL! But now he's got a boyfriend and stuff, so I guess I did a good thing..? :O
Seems as if you greatly assisted him in his self-realisation, seems good to me!

Y'all had openly gay people in your schools? How progressive. Two people came out a while after graduation, though (whom I had already suspected, but then they proceeded to date the same girl in different instances). I've known since I was 12, but I can't say it has done me any good; I'd rather have found out recently instead.

Growing up in the deep South (very rural area, too), we had no openly gay people at my school. They would have gotten teased and likely beaten up if they had came out. There was one kid in my grade who everyone thought was gay and teased him about it. I found him later on a dating website and yup, he was gay. I was too scared/shy back then to really talk to anyone about being gay and now I regret that I didn't really talk to him or become friends. I knew I was gay since around 12-13 - or a least I knew I was attracted to other guys and felt nothing for girls. I didn't fully accept it until later (and even tried dating girls in high school - sometimes just to fit in).

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
San Fran is so cold. When I saw the forecast I wasn't expecting it to be this muggy. its illogical how gorgeous this city and the view is. I can't wait to see some of the sights in the upcoming days with the bf.

It's funny how some people talk about California as some kind of weather paradise, but when we went there earlier this year, it wasn't much different than Seattle: beautiful one day, cloudy and randomly raining the rest of the time. Definitely muggy (yuck).

In terms of sightseeing, I'm sure you'll find plenty to keep you occupied. Make an effort to hit Craftsman & Wolves and/or Tartine, though! They're right down the street from each other.

I finally just recently received my EP album cover.. I haven't been able to stay calm ;___; :')! I just can't believe I've actually made it this far ;___;!

daripad

I never made friends or talked too much, so I never really met people deeply, I just knew their names and some stuff that everyone knew but never went further. The only gay people I knew were stereotypical and I just never hung out with them because I didn't like them and they were elitist so I never got any experience out of school. And when I was 13/14 I already knew I was gay but never talked about it in fear that my parents would know since they were homophobic and the only thing I knew of homosexuality was that only feminine guys and masculine girls were gay so I preferred to suppress it.

It wasn't until a couple of years ago that I accepted it but haven't done anything for it. So far I have kept this as a secret because my father has made clear his position against homosexuality and only my closest friends know about this. I tried to approach one guy but he already has a boyfriend but at least we got to be friends and he has made me feel more comfortable with who I am and tried to give me support by recommending me to his therapist but everything went wrong and couldn't get therapy so I'm stuck dealing with my depression (which is the result of all my problems that haven't had any resolution due to a lack of confidence in my family). All of this in addition to school, makes it almost impossible for me to do something and it frustrates me at times.

lol this has already become a wall, I better not write more stuff but I guess there are more things that could be said about my gay story.

Grizzo

I think there's no harm in showing people the cover now!! :O

Umm this is it! o___o!

In terms of the music, shouldn't be more than a couple weeks now!!! <3

Oh! Great work!

It reminds me of something but I can't put my finger on it! Just spent the last 5 minutes exhausting lots of pop videos from Demi Lovato to The Saturdays to Selena Gomez and Nicole Scherzinger haha.

Maybe it's because of the lighting, I've always loved neon lights :D

that looks great, grats!

OMG I'm proud of you :) Congrats and I hope you can have success with your singing

Oh! Great work!

It reminds me of something but I can't put my finger on it! Just spent the last 5 minutes exhausting lots of pop videos from Demi Lovato to The Saturdays to Selena Gomez and Nicole Scherzinger haha.

Maybe it's because of the lighting, I've always loved neon lights :D

Aww wahhhh thank you guys so much!!! :') <3!!!!

I'm definitely a sucker for neon lights too!! :3 I think the cover fits the overall motif of the EP really well, so I'm happy <3

Kater

Banned
haha what's funny is between the age of 13 to 18, I haven't had any other relationship or intercourse. So that single blow job epitomizes the extent of how boring my sexuality was during my teenage years.

Once I turned 18 and went to college, well that's a whole other story.
Yeah, doesn't matter when you had your first sexual experience or how often. As long as it was fulfilling it's good.

(I was just joking around since I had sex with like, what, 9 years?
Yeah, I'm a little bit promiscuous.
)
Aww no it's okay.. I mean.. At least it all got better in time for senior year <33!

So this one time.. In 11th grade (just after I came out to a couple people), I was sent with two other girls in my grade to this religious conference in Michigan :S And I really didn't want to go cause like.. I dunno.. I don't really go to church or anything.. But I thought it would look good on a resume and stuff since very few students were chosen to go LOL! So I went. And the first night, I had to share a hotel room with this guy who was from my city but different school. And.. I sort of made him realize he was into guys if you know what I mean o_____o. Wah I'm embarrassed to say any more than that LOLL! But now he's got a boyfriend and stuff, so I guess I did a good thing..? :O
Glad that you kept on going. I know of one person who dropped school because he kept getting bullied, glad to hear that you didn't let it get to you like that person.
I think there's no harm in showing people the cover now!! :O

Umm this is it! o___o!

In terms of the music, shouldn't be more than a couple weeks now!!! <3

I love the cover! Do you have a teaser or something? And will you also release it on bandcamp?

So excited!

Conan-squee.gif

Glad that you kept on going. I know of one person who dropped school because he kept getting bullied, glad to hear that you didn't let it get to you like that person.

I'll admit that it was pretty hard at times tho :(. Especially in about 9th grade or so.. I had to go on accutane (really strong acne drug) because my skin was really bad. And one of the side effects is that it can really mess with your mind and make you depressed.. That combined with what was going on sometimes did make me want to take my own life :S it's kinda scary now, thinking back on it... O___O. I'm really happy to still be here. I wouldn't have met all you guys!! <33

I love the cover! Do you have a teaser or something? And will you also release it on bandcamp?

So excited!

Conan-squee.gif
AHHH thank you!! <333!! I have like a video clip or two on my phone of me listening to little snippets of it but I'm not sure how to upload those here without putting them on YouTube and stuff?? :O! Ideas? LOLL <3

I'm so happy people are actually excited for it!!! I'm a tad nervous ;____;

Bandcamp and CD baby are both looking pretty likely right meow as well as iTunes for sure! :) gotta confirm all of that with the distributor!

Kater

Banned
I'll admit that it was pretty hard at times tho :(. Especially in about 9th grade or so.. I had to go on accutane (really strong acne drug) because my skin was really bad. And one of the side effects is that it can really mess with your mind and make you depressed.. That combined with what was going on sometimes did make me want to take my own life :S it's kinda scary now, thinking back on it... O___O. I'm really happy to still be here. I wouldn't have met all you guys!! <33

AHHH thank you!! <333!! I have like a video clip or two on my phone of me listening to little snippets of it but I'm not sure how to upload those here without putting them on YouTube and stuff?? :O! Ideas? LOLL <3

I'm so happy people are actually excited for it!!! I'm a tad nervous ;____;

Bandcamp and CD baby are both looking pretty likely right meow as well as iTunes for sure! :) gotta confirm all of that with the distributor!

Were the acne problems linked to any psychological problems? I know mine are, it's mostly when I'm stressed that I get irritated skin.

Also, yeah. I'm glad that we have you here. Your emoticons keep this place bright and colourful like no gif can.

As for where you could upload a teaser, eh... I guess Youtube? Dunno.

Were the acne problems linked to any psychological problems? I know mine are, it's mostly when I'm stressed that I get irritated skin.

Also, yeah. I'm glad that we have you here. Your emoticons keep this place bright and colourful like no gif can.

As for where you could upload a teaser, eh... I guess Youtube? Dunno.

Almost entirely, I'd think, yes!! :O. I'm sure genetics played a small part, but even to this day, I find that I get small breakouts during final exam time and other stressful time periods o__o!

Awww.... <33 Gah you're making me blush!! :3 I'm glad I can contribute even a little bit! :D!

Hmm... Only YouTube? Maybe if I make it private or something... I will ponder! <3

Kater

Banned
I never made friends or talked too much, so I never really met people deeply, I just knew their names and some stuff that everyone knew but never went further. The only gay people I knew were stereotypical and I just never hung out with them because I didn't like them and they were elitist so I never got any experience out of school. And when I was 13/14 I already knew I was gay but never talked about it in fear that my parents would know since they were homophobic and the only thing I knew of homosexuality was that only feminine guys and masculine girls were gay so I preferred to suppress it.

It wasn't until a couple of years ago that I accepted it but haven't done anything for it. So far I have kept this as a secret because my father has made clear his position against homosexuality and only my closest friends know about this. I tried to approach one guy but he already has a boyfriend but at least we got to be friends and he has made me feel more comfortable with who I am and tried to give me support by recommending me to his therapist but everything went wrong and couldn't get therapy so I'm stuck dealing with my depression (which is the result of all my problems that haven't had any resolution due to a lack of confidence in my family). All of this in addition to school, makes it almost impossible for me to do something and it frustrates me at times.

lol this has already become a wall, I better not write more stuff but I guess there are more things that could be said about my gay story.
I'm sorry that I completely overlooked your post here. If you need help in any way we will do whatever we can. And as always, if there is something you want to talk in private, just hit me up with a PM on here or on twitter.

Don't give up searching for a real therapist though, that would be the best course of action. ;)
Almost entirely, I'd think, yes!! :O. I'm sure genetics played a small part, but even to this day, I find that I get small breakouts during final exam time and other stressful time periods o__o!

Awww.... <33 Gah you're making me blush!! :3 I'm glad I can contribute even a little bit! :D!

Hmm... Only YouTube? Maybe if I make it private or something... I will ponder! <3

Thought so. Yeah, if you want to try pills, ask a psychiatrist. They have some good ones against anxiety. Or get some psychotherapy.

You are welcome, sweetie. :)

Upload a video but make it private, yeah.

Kaiser_Glider

Neo Member

I haven't kept up with this thread but, I didn't have any idea you were an artist and everything? Is that you on the cover as well? Man, if so, you are one cute son of a gun.

That is all I have to say, carry on. :p

Thought so. Yeah, if you want to try pills, ask a psychiatrist. They have some good ones against anxiety. Or get some psychotherapy.

You are welcome, sweetie. :)

Upload a video but make it private, yeah.

Luckily the accutane completely cleared up my skin! :) But I only recommend it if your skin is realllllly bad. Accutane is intense stuff ;___;. I've been talking with my family doctor about my mild anxiety.. We're still kinda debating whether or not it's worth writing a prescription for o_o!

Hehe.. <33!!

Okay I'll try and do that tonight when I'm home! I have to pick one of the songs to sample :O! Ballad or dance track? o_o

I haven't kept up with this thread but, I didn't have any idea you were an artist and everything? Is that you on the cover as well? Man, if so, you are one cute son of a gun.

That is all I have to say, carry on. :p

Ahh hello!! Yes I'm a singer!! <3 I do a lot of live singing and I'm on YouTube too.. But this is my first debut EP so I'm pretty anxious about it!!

That is me on the cover!! o_____o Wah.. You're too kind.. :3 Y'all are making the blood rush to my face ;__; LOL! Thank you so much for the kind words <3

RM8

Exactly. The world we live in is still disgusting, just a little less than before
I really don't think the world is disgusting. Awful stuff happens and will keep happening all the time, but that's only one side of things, and IMO it doesn't negate the positive stuff :p

Kater

Banned
I really don't think the world is disgusting. Awful stuff happens and will keep happening all the time, but that's only one side of things, and IMO it doesn't negate the positive stuff :p

Dunno, at the moment the world is a really dark place. Maybe that's just because of Robin Williams death, the summer drought when it comes to games but it is just so boring and not fulfilling at all, life at the moment.

Damn, now my whiny post is top-of-the-page. :(

Have some Kitty.

tumblr_miydlxKtQ41r5u8cwo1_500.gif

Dunno, at the moment the world is a really dark place. Maybe that's just because of Robin Williams death, the summer drought when it comes to games but it is just so boring and not fulfilling at all, life at the moment.

Damn, now my whiny post is top-of-the-page. :(

Have some Kitty.

tumblr_miydlxKtQ41r5u8cwo1_500.gif

Omg kitty!! LOL!!

Is everything okay? :( It sounds like you've got a touch of the blues ;____;!!

Yeah I literally had no idea death existed until Robin Williams did it. Then things became 2dark4me.

Grizzo

Well of course there are still great things happening in the world, and all hope is not dead, but I've never been much of an optimist so... there's that

Kater

Banned
Omg kitty!! LOL!!

Is everything okay? :( It sounds like you've got a touch of the blues ;____;!!

Just a bit of blues, really. Also, I'm drunk at the moment.

Yeah I literally had no idea death existed until Robin Williams did it. Then things became 2dark4me.

Don't be silly, CB. Death is all around us and I'm well aware of that. But Robin was a big part of my childhood*, that's why it hits so hard.

*Aladdin, Hook, Jumanji, Flubber, Mrs.Doubtfire and so many more.

Don't be silly, CB. Death is all around us and I'm well aware of that. But Robin was a big part of my childhood*, that's why it hits so hard.

*Aladdin, Hook, Jumanji, Flubber, Mrs.Doubtfire and so many more.

The best part about the modern era is that you still have literally all those things.

HylianTom

Banned
I'm having trouble dealing with the idea that all of my favorite actors are going to be gone eventually. The stars are slowly fading. The sky is darkening. I guess I'd call it the "Heat Death of Hollywood."

The newer stuff is okay, I guess?

It's the difference between a Dudley Moore's "Arthur" and Russell Brand's "Arthur."
Classic Godzilla movies vs the newer Godzillas.
"Fun-Goofy" Batman vs "Teenage-Angst/NickelCreed" Batman.

But CornBurrito's right: I still have the classics to rewatch. There's a great Twilight Zone episode where this aging actress just wants to watch her old movies. I get her more and more.

{ BTW.. "Heat Death of Hollywood" is now copyrighted. That's damn good terminology! :)
{ edit: not. Damn. All the good ideas are taken!} }

Kater

Banned
The best part about the modern era is that you still have literally all those things.

That is true. Doesn't change a thing about the fact that one of the funniest persons in Hollywood took his own life though.

I don't want to sound angry at you, couldn't put my reply into better words though. I blame the alcohol, as always.

Ah. Well that'll do it! LOLL!!

Let me know if you need anything!!! <3

Except drunk food.. Because I can't put it through my computer screen ;_;
I'll do that if there's need to, promise. Thank you. <3
domo arigato, mister robotto

Love your new avatar. :)

Kater

Banned
I'm having trouble dealing with the idea that all of my favorite actors are going to be gone eventually. The stars are slowly fading. The sky is darkening. I guess I'd call it the "Heat Death of Hollywood."

The newer stuff is okay, I guess?

It's the difference between a Dudley Moore's "Arthur" and Russell Brand's "Arthur."
Classic Godzilla movies vs the newer Godzillas.
"Fun-Goofy" Batman vs "Teenage-Angst/NickelCreed" Batman.

But CornBurrito's right: I still have the classics to rewatch. There's a great Twilight Zone episode where this aging actress just wants to watch her old movies. I get her more and more.

{ BTW.. "Heat Death of Hollywood" is now copyrighted. That's damn good terminology! :)
{ edit: not. Damn. All the good ideas are taken!} }
I feel like this sometimes too. Oh no, I'm already gramps. :(

New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie is objectively bad though, and nobody can deny that.
Life is pretty awesome even if bad stuff happens, guise. Cheer up!
tumblr_meuadalei91qfzgyio1_500.gif

You are Eric Idle in that scene and I am Graham Chapman.
RIP ;_;

I agree though, but just let me fret for a few hours. I need it.
Of course!! <33!.

:3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom