• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RM8

Ya'll fuckers (except DMPrince) are lame. Even a "no" is better than no answer. So I shall ask again: does anyone else here use Line?
I use it mostly with my Japanese relatives. Mexico is Whatsapp territory. Line is so much better, though, I wish it'd be more popular around here :/

RM8

Also I'm super bitter that Line has the best mobile version of Puzzle Bobble because it requires you to be online :mad:

HylianTom

Banned
Seeing all those birthdays makes me feel old.

80 represent.

I agree on the "old" comment. ('78 here)

92? I was in
all-boys' Catholic
high school.

A memory from that year: two weeks into my first semester, a member of the wrestling team was caught blowing a member of the football team in the locker room. We had to pray for them at the beginning of every period for the rest of the day. High school was pretty good.

I had a "you're old" moment a few months ago when, while walking down the street, a little girl yelled at her mom and pointed and said, "Look, Mom! A pay phone! Wooooow!"

I also went to Catholic School :| Sigh. There was writing on the bathroom wall about me after I made out with this straight guy at a small party.. X____X

I agree on the "old" comment. ('78 here)

92? I was in
all-boys' Catholic
high school.

A memory from that year: two weeks into my first semester, a member of the wrestling team was caught blowing a member of the football team in the locker room. We had to pray for them at the beginning of every period for the rest of the day. High school was pretty good.

I had a "you're old" moment a few months ago when, while walking down the street, a little girl yelled at her mom and pointed and said, "Look, Mom! A pay phone! Wooooow!"

Holy moly - nothing even remotely interesting like that happened at my school.

Also, that pay-phone comment would make me feel old. I was around when they were the only means of telephony away from one's home.

In the vein of making you guys feel old, the first year that I have the faintest memory of is 1994 (I was six).

That was the first year I knew what year it was!

Yikes.

I was far, far too timid to try anything like that. Although I had a nice wish list of classmates. :p

LOLL! It was... Just an accident I guess.. I was sort of drunk and we were playing a game.

But I dunno.. I was trying to pull away and he was keeping me in so I have no clue what was going on o___o!

HylianTom

Banned
Holy moly - nothing even remotely interesting like that happened at my school.

Also, that pay-phone comment would make me feel old. I was around when they were the only means of telephony away from one's home.

Oh yeah.. I remember looking-up the pics of the two guys involved once I got my yearbook. The wrestler.. oomph..

And if I wanted to call my parents during college, I had to use 1-800-COLLECT from a pay phone. Cell phones hadn't quite taken off yet.
I still miss that era.

Oh yeah.. I remember looking-up the pics of the two guys involved once I got my yearbook. The wrestler.. oomph..

And if I wanted to call my parents during college, I had to use 1-800-COLLECT from a pay phone. Cell phones hadn't quite taken off yet.
I still miss that era.

Is that how it works in America? In England you have to call the operator and ask to "reverse the charges"

At least thats how it worked when I last did that - which was before the mobile phone era.

Kater

Banned
Just wanted to make sure you guys saw this:

**Gaming Giveaway** - helping GAFer kitchenmotors beat cancer!

Please enter or bump if you can. Trying to get the word about to little avail so far :(
Quoting you so everyone can see it. And to say that this is a pretty awesome thing of you to do for kitchenmotor.
sup sup

edit: people born after 1992 are weird sorry

'91 bro! <3

Do you know/like Crystal Castles? They made a song called 1991. ^_^

HylianTom

Banned
Is that how it works in America? In England you have to call the operator and ask to "reverse the charges"

At least thats how it worked when I last did that - which was before the mobile phone era.

Yep - calling collect was pretty much the equivalent. The funny thing was that there were a good number of competing service providers, and TV was flooded with commercials for collect call services.

Phil Hartman & Chris Rock: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb6JgsZCJZs
David Arquette: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxLvEoAwFuo

So we've swapped collect call commercials for cell phone commercials. :p

Yep - calling collect was pretty much the equivalent. The funny thing was that there were a good number of competing service providers, and TV was flooded with commercials for collect call services.

Phil Hartman & Chris Rock: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb6JgsZCJZs
David Arquette: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxLvEoAwFuo

So we've swapped collect call commercials for cell phone commercials. :p

Looks expensive!

On a side note - RM88 look what we started!! I've only been back 5 minutes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom