• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

daripad

Wall of shame

RatskyWatsky 891
daripad 820
El_Gato 791
Rm88~ 755
BlueBadger 753
Caladrius 726
Haly 651
Grakl 625
Henchmen21 471
YoungBlade 446

OMG second place again. This is annoying considering that I don't bring anything into this thread, I'm just here because I have nothing better to do lol

Kater

Banned
OMG second place again. This is annoying considering that I don't bring anything into this thread, I'm just here because I have nothing better to do lol
You bring your worries here and tell us about them, or your nice words, your jokes sometimes. You, as well as everybody else that posts here contributes in whatever way since you all help keep this thread alive and going. :D

Yes. Also the only two good batman movies.

Yes, Batman and Batman Returns were directed by Tim Burton.
Good to know. Still have to watch BR then. Loved the first one of his.

And no, Nolan Batsy is better. :p
Except the third one, but we don't want to talk about that one, normally. Outside of a badass Bane a pretty laughable movie, sadly.
Ah, so there are three of us '78s: me, you, and Naked Snake. Gaygaf grandpas practically. -__-

Where's Naked Snake anyway? Miss his posts. :(

Caladrius

It's Wednesday night and I asked the guy to get back to me about his shift yesterday. Should I give him an extra day or passive-aggressively nag him about it?

Time is short and my patience is wearing very thin. The only reason I'm considering pressing the issue is that this happened last time too.

It is always sad reading that to see the people who posted once and then never again.

Indeed. Only thing that can be done about it is to hope they moved on to better things and live in the now.

...As if I'm one to talk.

HylianTom

Banned
Ah, so there are three of us '78s: me, you, and Naked Snake. Gaygaf grandpas practically. -__-

It amazes me to think: I'll be 36 in September, and there's a decent chance that I'll be around for another 50 years. Every time I encounter someone who's really old, I imagine how amazing it must've been to see so much.

Even better: we're leaving an online trail of documentation for our lives. Someday, I'll look-up my old posts here and elsewhere, and the author of my communications may seem foreign - like a different person. Either that, or I'll laugh knowingly.

Christopher

It's Wednesday night and I asked the guy to get back to me about his shift yesterday. Should I give him an extra day or passive-aggressively nag him about it?

Time is short and my patience is wearing very thin. The only reason I'm considering pressing the issue is that this happened last time too.

Indeed. Only thing that can be done about it is to hope they moved on to better things and live in the now.

...As if I'm one to talk.

Don't bother if he wants to spend time with you hell text you, don't push or pressure someone who doesn't do the same for you.

It amazes me to think: I'll be 36 in September, and there's a decent chance that I'll be around for another 50 years. Every time I encounter someone who's really old, I imagine how amazing it must've been to see so much.

Even better: we're leaving an online trail of documentation for our lives. Someday, I'll look-up my old posts here and elsewhere, and the author of my communications may seem foreign - like a different person. Either that, or I'll laugh knowingly.

Growing old absolutely frightens me to be honest. You're just gonna fall apart slowly and there's nothing you can do about it =(

Caladrius

I'll probably be dead by 50 so it doesn't scare me too much.

Don't bother if he wants to spend time with you hell text you, don't push or pressure someone who doesn't do the same for you.

I guess so.

I just think he might just be forgetting though.(I live about 2 hours away and we talk to each other about twice a month, so I'm not exactly at the forefront of people on his mind.). It seems weird to me that somebody who's perfectly willing to text with you for hours on end wouldn't actually want to hang out.

HylianTom

Banned
Growing old absolutely frightens me to be honest. You're just gonna fall apart slowly and there's nothing you can do about it =(
To some extent, I can agree. I'm more afraid of becoming a burden. If I ever reach the point where my body breaks and no more joy can be had from life, I'm checking-out.

That said, this is a fascinating time period in which to be alive, so I hope that the day of reckoning is a far way off. Shit (biiiig shit!) is gonna go down in this century, and I hope to stick around and witness it. To borrow from George Carlin: we have front-row seats to the greatest freakshow in the history of humanity; better to not let those seats go to waste. :)

Christopher

I'll probably be dead by 50 so it doesn't scare me too much.

I guess so.

I just think he might just be forgetting though.(I live about 2 hours away and we talk to each other about twice a month, so I'm not exactly at the forefront of people on his mind.). It seems weird to me that somebody who's perfectly willing to text with you for hours on end wouldn't actually want to hang out.

Those are called text friends their a ton of them the sooner you rid then the better

Shy Fingers

Banned

If you're fine with just texting, then it's all fine and dandy. However, if you eventually want it to be a hangout thing, I suggest giving up now as it probably won't happen at this point.

Caladrius

Those are called text friends their a ton of them the sooner you rid then the better

I'm still not sure. It feels really out-of-character for him if it really is like that. Normally he's extremely personable both IRL and online.

If you're fine with just texting, then it's all fine and dandy. However, if you eventually want it to be a hangout thing, I suggest giving up now as it probably won't happen at this point.

Normally I'd be fine with it, but I leave the state for 3-4 years next week and we haven't been together in person since last fall for various reasons.

LOCK

Just got to survive till the singularity.

I plan to upload my brain into a robot personally.

Replace your failing body parts with scary robot limbs incapable of expressing affection/holding a bird in your palm without crushing it.

To some extent, I can agree. I'm more afraid of becoming a burden. If I ever reach the point where my body breaks and no more joy can be had from life, I'm checking-out.

That said, this is a fascinating time period in which to be alive, so I hope that the day of reckoning is a far way off. Shit (biiiig shit!) is gonna go down in this century, and I hope to stick around and witness it. To borrow from George Carlin: we have front-row seats to the greatest freakshow in the history of humanity; better to not let those seats go to waste. :)

Just got to survive till the singularity.

I plan to upload my brain into a robot personally.

Replace your failing body parts with scary robot limbs incapable of expressing affection/holding a bird in your palm without crushing it.

If something huge gets invented in our lifetimes I think the rich are the only ones that'll have access to it for a while.

Time to get rich!

You're the man, BB. I'm really sorry you've had to deal with that before. ;(
Aww thank you for the apology :) It's okay. I'm just relieved that my mom's okay now!! I hope for this poster's full recovery as well o_o.

Aw, that's sweet of you. <3 Be sure to put your name in for some of the gaming goods. It's free, even if you don't donate.

Thank you for the reminder <3. It's a really good cause, no matter what! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom