• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Answering these questions makes me miss the SMT4 Official thread. There's still 2.5 HD for me to lecture people on!

Also, penises.

There's no need to synthesize everything unless you're dying for the platinum.

As painful as synthesis in Final Mix can be, you should at least try to get to tier V.(You're at tier IV right now If I'm not mistaken.) That gives you the ability to make the absolute best accessories in the game, including a 30% EXP booster(The EXP Bracelet) which can be combined with other boosting items to a max of 90%, dramatically increasing the speed of level grinding (unless you went with the "Dawn" options at the start of the game, in which case you dun goofed big time).

You should have two EXP boosting accessories already that will give you a combined 70% bonus, so it's not really necessary to 3 bracelets if you don't want to.(Of course, going to the trouble of getting the ingredients for 3 will probably get you up a few more levels, and 20% adds up over time.) If you use the EXP boosters in combination with encounter plus grinding will be expedited greatly. (I went from 80 to 100 in a day or so in Traverse Town Hotel with the "Dusk" experience curve.)

The Unknown is a pain in large part due to the lack of chances to actually hit him without punishment (well that, and the fight is very long by KH standards, clocking in at about 9 minutes.. and he has a bullshit attack later on.). I've PMed you the advice in case you wanted to use it (And you shouldn't be ashamed to, because the fight requires you to know some rather arcane things if you want to beat him at a low level.) If you can beat him, Sephiroth is going to be quite manageable in comparison.

Thank you very much for all of your help. I ended up taking your advice regarding the Synthesis List and, in doing that, decided I might as well go for broke and finish them all off before Unknown, which brought me up considerably (Level 93). At that point he wasn't too difficult. I did take a partially different approach to some of the things you advised regarding removing combo-pluses and spamming air combos, however, I ended up equipping Diamond Dust and everything else which boosted magic, filled Donald, Goofy, and Sora with Ethers (which had been acquired throught getting the Synthesis Materials; I had only two Elixers so couldn't use them), and spammed Graviga continuously, bringing Bambi in for the yellow bar to abuse Leaf Bracer (I'd know idea it negated the damage by the way so thanks; I thought it only let the spell follow through) and continue casting before I began using my Ethers and Tinker Bell, as you suggested, for the final bar. At the final bar, Graviga did so little damage that I waited until he entered one of his combo attacks and spammed Ars Arcanum to avoid the damage and get in a few attacks which brought him down very quickly. It wasn't the prettiest victory in the world but it was effective, and easy, even if it took quite awhile (to escape his lightning grab attack I just spammed X as fast as possible which, surprisingly, was rather effective in breaking it, resulting in me not losing Tinkerbell for the duration of the boss battle. With that done, I went on to Sephiroth, finished him quite easily through using Leaf Bracer (I had been neglecting that for most of the game since I got it, that was clearly a mistake), finished off the remainder of the Colisseum, and now, at level 100 with only Gummi Ship missions left, I am eagerly looking forward to Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD. Thanks a million.

EDIT: Oh I had never realised you could play as Vergil in Devil May Cry 3 until finishing the HD version recently. The different playstyle he offers has exponentially increased my enjoyment of the game (which isn't to say I disliked it while playing through the difficulties on the Playstation 2 version as Dante many years ago, and again witht he HD version, but Vergil seems to offer a far more offensive playstyle which I very much prefer).

It's on my list of shows to start watching, but I've read that it was so-so. Your post helped me reconsider, so thanks!

Hmm I heard it was so so too but first season has me hooked. Very suspenseful, and the two main characters are very good actors. Really sell the sort of weird relationship the show was going for. I can't really find anything wrong with the show. Maybe second season somehow isn't to the same standard.

Or possibly because I never watched the source material (the film Psycho).

Hmm I heard it was so so too but first season has me hooked. Very suspenseful, and the two main characters are very good actors. Really sell the sort of weird relationship the show was going for. I can't really find anything wrong with the show. Maybe second season somehow isn't to the same standard.

outside of the story arc no one really want. it's good to see norman/norma develop in Season 2 along with Dylan.

Kater

Banned
1QBQwcm.jpg

Reminds me a bit of a friend of mine in that shot. Looking pretty good again, Gaga.

I know, I'm terribly late to the party but I haven't even read anything about this movie until just twenty minutes ago. >_>

Grizzo

1QBQwcm.jpg

Reminds me a bit of a friend of mine in that shot. Looking pretty good again, Gaga.

I know, I'm terribly late to the party but I haven't even read anything about this movie until just twenty minutes ago. >_>

Is this movie ever gonna come out? I feel like I've been hearing about it since 2010 at least.

Anyway, she looks good! And she reminds me of a friend too, haha.

1QBQwcm.jpg

i don't think anyone has. the tv ad that the movie is coming out just sprung out of nowhere. and i was like "oh, it's coming out?"

Grizzo

This weekend? You mean Sin City 2, yeah?

haha didn't even know. Felt like it took forever to come out, the first one was released such a long time ago.

Well actually it's still not out until the end of september in Europe. And Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is not out until october. We're so late.

Caladrius

Thursday afternoon and yet still, nothing.

Now I'm pissed.

Thank you very much for all of your help. I ended up taking your advice regarding the Synthesis List and, in doing that, decided I might as well go for broke and finish them all off before Unknown, which brought me up considerably (Level 93). At that point he wasn't too difficult. I did take a partially different approach to some of the things you advised regarding removing combo-pluses and spamming air combos, however, I ended up equipping Diamond Dust and everything else which boosted magic, filled Donald, Goofy, and Sora with Ethers (which had been acquired throught getting the Synthesis Materials; I had only two Elixers so couldn't use them), and spammed Graviga continuously, bringing Bambi in for the yellow bar to abuse Leaf Bracer (I'd know idea it negated the damage by the way so thanks; I thought it only let the spell follow through) and continue casting before I began using my Ethers and Tinker Bell, as you suggested, for the final bar. At the final bar, Graviga did so little damage that I waited until he entered one of his combo attacks and spammed Ars Arcanum to avoid the damage and get in a few attacks which brought him down very quickly. It wasn't the prettiest victory in the world but it was effective, and easy, even if it took quite awhile (to escape his lightning grab attack I just spammed X as fast as possible which, surprisingly, was rather effective in breaking it, resulting in me not losing Tinkerbell for the duration of the boss battle. With that done, I went on to Sephiroth, finished him quite easily through using Leaf Bracer (I had been neglecting that for most of the game since I got it, that was clearly a mistake), finished off the remainder of the Colisseum, and now, at level 100 with only Gummi Ship missions left, I am eagerly looking forward to Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD. Thanks a million.

EDIT: Oh I had never realised you could play as Vergil in Devil May Cry 3 until finishing the HD version recently. The different playstyle he offers has exponentially increased my enjoyment of the game (which isn't to say I disliked it while playing through the difficulties on the Playstation 2 version as Dante many years ago, and again witht he HD version, but Vergil seems to offer a far more offensive playstyle which I very much prefer).

My pleasure. Good to see you did it without too much trouble.

Leaf Bracer wasn't in the original international PS2 version of the game, and it kind of shows towards the end-game. As you can imagine, Sephiroth was much more difficult in the original International release of KH1. If the urge strikes you I say give it a whirl without Leaf Bracer to give yourself a taste of his original difficulty. (Since you're maxed out it still shouldn't be especially hard, but I think you'll notice quite a difference)

I'm considering writing a mini-guide (By mini I mean like two pages) to the extra bosses for Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix and Birth By Sleep Final Mix for when 2.5 comes out. Only reason I'm not entirely committed to it is that my PS2 copy of 2 Final Mix got a ring-scratch from my PS2 Slim, so I'd have to construct most of it from memory and youtube videos. BBSFM is also going to have substantial changes to half of its extra bosses due to the removal of multiplayer (which they were designed for).

I still have to get on DMC myself.

Needs less makeup. She'd be pretty if it weren't for how much she decks herself out.

Kater

Banned
Is this movie ever gonna come out? I feel like I've been hearing about it since 2010 at least.

Anyway, she looks good! And she reminds me of a friend too, haha.
She's not Persian, by any chance, right? That would be a weird coincidence then, ha.

i don't think anyone has. the tv ad that the movie is coming out just sprung out of nowhere. and i was like "oh, it's coming out?"
I have no TV so that clarifies why I never saw any trailer for it. Only watched it just now after I stumbled across the picture on imgur.

haha didn't even know. Felt like it took forever to come out, the first one was released such a long time ago.
I know... 2006, and it was the first time ever that I got totally wasted.That's why I'll probably never forget about this movie, it's just too much ingrained in my history, haha
Well actually it's still not out until the end of september in Europe. And Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is not out until october. We're so late.
TMNT will be bad anyway. Sadly. :'(

We get Fantasy Life a whole month earlier in exchange. That's some sweet deal, don't you think.
image.php

Needs less makeup. She'd be pretty if it weren't for how much she decks herself out.

I like the amount she uses. It makes her look so much like some glamourous star from the Monroe era. <3

Grizzo

She's not Persian, by any chance, right? That would be a weird coincidence then, ha.

Mmmh I don't think she is. Though to be honest she's more of an acquaintance than a friend. I never really talked to her outside of the parties where I always meet her.

We get Fantasy Life a whole month earlier in exchange. That's some sweet deal, don't you think.
image.php

It is! Didn't know you were interested by that game! We have to play together as soon as possible!

Kater

Banned
Mmmh I don't think she is. Though to be honest she's more of an acquaintance than a friend. I never really talked to her outside of the parties where I always meet her.
Was just a question in jest. Should have said that before. Sorry for wasting your time because of my dumb joke. (&#12471;_ _)&#12471;
Didn't know you were interested by that game! We have to play together as soon as possible!
I am! We should! Yay!

Fantasy Life looked pretty interesting, is it like a life sim mixed with fantasy?
Fantasy RPG, yeah. Like FF mixed into Animal Crossing.

Grizzo

Was just a question in jest. Should have said that before. Sorry for wasting your time because of my dumb joke. (&#12471;_ _)&#12471;

You didn't waste my time haha! Sorry if I seemed annoyed, it wasn't my intention! I have to ask her if she's persian next time I see her :)

Fantasy Life looked pretty interesting, is it like a life sim mixed with fantasy?

yes it's exactly that! Maybe more of an Animal Crossing meets RPG. Check out the trailer if you haven't already!

Kater

Banned
You didn't waste my time haha! Sorry if I seemed annoyed, it wasn't my intention! I have to ask her if she's Persian next time I see her :)[/URL]

Phew. Glad you are not actually bothered by my questions.

Do we have each other added on our respective 3DS "Friend List" yet?
If not, mine is lready in my profile.

Anyone here have a Japanese 3DS and getting Smash Bros day of release? I am. Used my Twitch tips to buy it and copies of the game to giveaway while I stream! I'm pumped!

Also, if anyone plays Pokemon X/Y and wants to battle me on stream and join my super loving community filled with people of all ages and all genders / sexualities, it is here

Grizzo

Phew. Glad you are not actually bothered by my questions.

Do we have each other added on our respective 3DS "Friend List" yet?
If not, mine is lready in my profile.

Alright I'm gonna add you right away!

You can find mine on my profile too!

Anyone here have a Japanese 3DS and getting Smash Bros day of release? I am. Used my Twitch tips to buy it and copies of the game to giveaway while I stream! I'm pumped!

Also, if anyone plays Pokemon X/Y and wants to battle me on stream and join my super loving community filled with people of all ages and all genders / sexualities, it is here

oh how I wish Nintendo would get rid of that fucking region-locking

I'll still have resentment for them for doing that

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
LGBThread |OT5| Can't even think straight.

yes

Oh, hi, I'm here!

Yes, lesbians can be tops and bottoms. It's not really been a thing in my previous relationships (we were pretty equal), but my current girlfriend reaaaaaally likes to bottom. And then you've got your pillow princesses, who will only bottom, and your stone butches, who will only top. I don't think it's a "thing" like it is in the queer male community, but it definitely applies to queer women.

Not a lesbian, buuut I totes am the uberbottom (ubersubmissive?) in this girl-girl relationship :3

Though will definitely switch it up from time to time if she wishes~

so, er, like, how does that work then? *clears throat* (nsfw)
like, the bottom only receives oral and the top doesn't? or something? that can't be right...do you mean with toys?

One of the all time greats brah. check it

God, is she in the new Sin City? Whyyyyyyyyyyy

We're the best! We just have to appreciate the older gays who paved the way for us to be so gay.

you're welcome.

Sibylus

Banned
like, the bottom only receives oral and the top doesn't? or something? that can't be right...do you mean with toys?
In my case, think of it like dancing: she leads and I follow. More attitude and direction than specific technique.

yes

One of the all time greats brah. check it

God, is she in the new Sin City? Whyyyyyyyyyyy

you're welcome.

Yeah you old man at the wizened old age of 23 :p

Bo said:
You have my vote.

And my Axe! Wait wrong thing.

Grizzo

I missed that post. Duly noted, I'll make sure to watch it pretty soon. I'll give you my feedback after that!

daripad

I was going to post something sad but then some people changed my humor and now I'm feeling fine. I love when random things happen :)

I'm too irate for drunkenness

Mine smashed his own hand with a hammer and didn't flinch.

I'm not kidding.

Haha wow. Well I think when you're a shop teacher you can take as much tranquilizers as you want, too, it gives you like a +7 immunity or something.

When I'm drunk I become a comedian. It brings out my jolly/hyperenthusiastic and irresponsible side.

My father just agreed to contribute money towards university and now I've the Student Contribution Charge and the Residence paid off for one semester (taking the cheaper option in case things go awry later in the year). All's well that ends well it seems. Cannot wait for the first orientation Wednesday, and the 'proper' orientation week from the 31st onwards. Deciphering the college website's a bit of a pain but I am, overall, very pleased right now. Thanks for all who assisted in some manner regarding this.

EDIT:
shut up mom! I do what I want!

Whoa, you're tough when drunk. You better not get in a fight like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom