• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can tell you don't go out much because in this day an age no one seduces anymore, besides going to the gym and using growth hormone injections and looking hot. It's incredibly sad, and I was talking about exactly that with a friend of mine.. damn, kids these days.

Yes, old man yells at cloud, out of touch etc, etc :p I seriously feel so freaking late to the party, you hear the stories of your parents or uncles and how they swoon over their loved ones, we were talking with a friend of mine how her uncle walked on foot 10 km just to meet her girlfriend, which eventually become her wife, the story of my parents is perfectly fit for a telenovela, and even simple things like a serenade, which I guess is a completely alien concept to new generations, it makes me feel nostalgic about that stuff. I guess, meeting the opposite (or same) sex was not a simple task in the olden days, and now it's so easy that people really don't put an effort.

I'm just rambling, forget anything I said :p I've seen some pretty cute things in this very lgbt threads hehe, but still, those kind of details are something you do after you've met(and likely slept) with someone, not before.

I swear I've only ever been seduced! But they were older so maybe their mentality was from another age, too, and maybe I don't make it that hard :p A sucker for flattery, etc, and it's fun being the trepid one that needs convincing. And I don't go out very much so you definitely did get that part right lol.

I do know what you mean. I can't really pine for that kind of romanticism though when my first thought of those kinds of gestures is they seem like too much trouble :p

Along with "ambivalence," "glacier," and "slaughter," "harlot" is one of my favorite words.

I don't know what my favorite words are. I like 'transient' but I'm not really sure why/if I can say that that stands out at this particular moment.

Sai-kun

Banned
Oh, I didn't go back far enough. Now I feel old too. Is that really a thing people don't say anymore? D:

But it seems like "hoe" shouldn't be a synonym for the Lothario thing, there's being promiscuous and then there's being a seducer! Or I guess a 'charmer' in a more benign case.

It's me.

I'm the seducer.

7threst

Harlot and Jezebel are just fun words to say. Especially harlot.

I really associate those names with Shin Megami Tensei demons, lol!

I usually love the Olympics. (The only time I really watch sports besides tennis.)

But these Olympics just make me feel sad and frustrated.

Not that I watch the olymipics religiously or something, but somehow these olympics have such a negative thing over it (which is good and understandable) that it is hard to just enjoy the event (which is bad).

Edit: lol, just saw a Canadian ad by the Institute of Diversity and Inclusion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=effb2JYiKXM

Kater

Banned
I'm getting my first smart phone on contract next week, an Xperia Z in black.
I can finally use Grindr now! xD

Btw are there non-hookup, more serious dating apps for Android as well?

7threst

I'm getting my first smart phone on contract next week, an Xperia Z in black.
I can finally use Grindr now! xD

Btw are there non-hookup, more serious dating apps for Android as well?

Look into Mister, that seems a bit more serious even though you can easily hookup with that app too.

alvmew

I downloaded grindr to see gay people who are nearby and theres like 0 gays in my town and like 20 gay people in the city thats 20 mins away :(

At least it's not like every gay guy is required to be on Grindr, so just because they aren't there doesn't mean that they don't exist.

That was a lot of contractions in one sentence.

At least it's not like every gay guy is required to be on Grindr, so just because they aren't there doesn't mean that they don't exist.

That was a lot of contractions in one sentence.

If a gay falls in a forest, and it isn't on Grindr, does it make a sound?

Masamuna

TT6w1Yr.jpg

We got new desks, my coworker felt this was the best way to induct it into our office.

I downloaded grindr to see gay people who are nearby and theres like 0 gays in my town and like 20 gay people in the city thats 20 mins away :(

Perhaps people are on similar applications as opposed to that one specifically? Regardless, try not to be disheartened, as above, it's possible those who are gay in your locality simply are not signed up to such applications.

Rayis

I downloaded Grindr once and the amount of no femmes, no blacks and other such garbage promptly made me uninstall it.

mantidor

Time again for my rant about my brother. Things are going pretty bad over there at my house, both my mom and my dad have seen his chat logs, which I'm starting to suspect he is leaving open for them to find. Needless to say they are all about hookups with random unknown people, drugs, etc, etc, now, my parents, specially my dad , have not been the most accepting, but they are trying their best, is something really difficult for them, so this blatant rubbing in their faces how gay he is, and not only that but how promiscuous and uncaring he is (he even seems to gloat about not using condoms) takes a special level of perversity, they have called me practically in tears about that stuff, asking me to talk to him. But he's been avoiding my calls because I'm trying to get him into therapy, I already talked with my shrink to schedule but now I need him to confirm, I really don't know what to do any more, and I even invited him for carnival months ago... this whole thing breaks my heart, and pisses me off, he's being a complete asshole.

Time again for my rant about my brother. Things are going pretty bad over there at my house, both my mom and my dad have seen his chat logs, which I'm starting to suspect he is leaving open for them to find. Needless to say they are all about hookups with random unknown people, drugs, etc, etc, now, my parents, specially my dad , have not been the most accepting, but they are trying their best, is something really difficult for them, so this blatant rubbing in their faces how gay he is, and not only that but how promiscuous and uncaring he is (he even seems to gloat about not using condoms) takes a special level of perversity, they have called me practically in tears about that stuff, asking me to talk to him. But he's been avoiding my calls because I'm trying to get him into therapy, I already talked with my shrink to schedule but now I need him to confirm, I really don't know what to do any more, and I even invited him for carnival months ago... this whole thing breaks my heart, and pisses me off, he's being a complete asshole.
Oh no :( that's horrible! I'm worried about his health more than anything!

I'm really sorry you have to go through that :( PM me if you ever need to talk!!

mantidor

Do you know if he is HIV positive? Maybe he is trying to say that to your parents.

He has mentioned he"knows he's going to die of aids" and I felt like slapping him. He has not done any tests though, but the few times I could talk to him sober he is concerned about it. He has been safe most of the time, but others when he gets drugged or drunk he goes insane. I'm not sure how much at risk he has been, but it's not zero, thats for sure.

Oh no :( that's horrible! I'm worried about his health more than anything!

I'm really sorry you have to go through that :( PM me if you ever need to talk!!

Thanks for your concern, it's really complicated, I feel like he is craving for attention, but the problem is deeper than just the drugs, I really hope I can convince him to go to therapy.

mantidor

How old is he? Because what he is doing (whether he really is so promiscuous and uncaring or only acts like that) is really childish and feels like attention whoring.

I believe you don't live anywhere near him to talk to him in person?

Yeah, he's 23. He lives still with my parents back in my home town Bogota, I moved to Rio some years ago.

Actually I thought it was cute how most guys on Grindr in my location were asking for friends and serious relationships, only about 4 or 5 asked for hookups.

The first (and only) time I tried Grindr, the first message I got was "I'll give you 100 dollars to model naked for me". Then I deleted it ;_;

Rayis

I'm only interested in hook-ups when I'm really horny which honeslty isn't often, I just want a guy I can date first before I get sexual with him, that's very hard to find honestly, I sometimes feel like I should have been born a straight girl instead.

I've had my phone since October and I've never installed Grindr or any similar app. I probably won't ever do it.

My phone's just a glorified MP3 player, anyway.

I'm only interested in hook-ups when I'm really horny which honeslty isn't often, I just want a guy I can date first before I get sexual with him, that's very hard to find honestly, I sometimes feel like I should have been born a straight girl instead.

Amen to this. Like 150% amen. ;_; LOL

He's Italian like me. Oh gawd LOL!

I have no words!

Lol, yea, I never really knew much of his back story. Go figure!

Since we're all talking about grindr, anyone have any luck on Scruff? I had an older gentleman on it once offer me "a whole night of rimming" plus three free sessions of piano lessons. (wasn't really soliciting for either of those specific things.)

Kater

Banned
Look into Mister, that seems a bit more serious even though you can easily hookup with that app too.
I just looked it up on the Play store. Will download it next week then to try it out.

@Dany M: I will try OKCupid too. Heard about that before, it's one of the more popular dating things as far as I know.

Oh, and thank you both for the recommendations! :)

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Since we're all talking about grindr, anyone have any luck on Scruff? I had an older gentleman on it once offer me "a whole night of rimming" plus three free sessions of piano lessons. (wasn't really soliciting for either of those specific things.)

What a steal! Did you accept?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Saw this on Twitter. Someone in Sweeden can explain the motivation behind that?

Christopher

The first (and only) time I tried Grindr, the first message I got was "I'll give you 100 dollars to model naked for me". Then I deleted it ;_;

Lol

Well sounds to me like this grinder thing isn't something you want to have or even have association with if you want a relationship

daripad

I don't know where to post this and the depression thread is so depressive that I can't post there because I get a horrible feeling by just lurking on it. As you know I was obese by the beginning of last year. Honestly, I've never done any better decision in my whole life, I made a great effort to lose a lot of weight on my own, without help of any kind outside of some minor advice here and there.

The thing is, I've been a little unhappy lately. I had gained a bit of weight through last semester but it was minor and didn't mean anything to me. But then December came and I just started to eat and eat and eat with no control over it. I became addicted to food again and I wasn't doing anything about it, as I knew I could recover in January. January came and went and I gained a bit more. Now here in February and I don't know what I'm doing. One day I wake up doing everything right and then the next one is a huge disaster overeating.

Today I decided to look thorugh all the photos I have on Facebook, from the most recent ones to the oldest. What a stupid pig I was. I looked terrible. Seriously, that made me think about how all my problems originated, all my moody times, all my self esteem issues, all my anxiety, my food addiction, my lack of social skill, loneliness, just everything. That's why I was always unhappy. Today I look like Brad Pitt compared to how I did a year ago (not that I'm a good looking guy but at least I can safely say that I'm sooooo much better). All of this combined with my homosexuality and my stupid personality I had at the time, it was obvious that no one would even give a glance to me and it would just be me being rejected everywhere. I was a ball made a person, more round than Kirby.

So I feel terrible because it feels inevitable to go back there. I'm being dragged to it. And I don't want to gain any more weight. It would hurt so much to return. But I can't control myself. My food addiction is overtaking me. Plus I feel lonely. I trust my sister but she is being distant lately even though we are in good terms right now and I obviously can't count on my father. My friends can't stay with me on weekends and that's when I feel the worst. And I can't even look for help. If I do my father will know. I don't know what to do.

Guys, if this is the wrong thread, I'll just edit and erase this. As I said, I didn't knwo where to write this. I needed to vent. I can't take this anymore.

alvmew

I don't know where to post this and the depression thread is so depressive that I can't post there because I get a horrible feeling by just lurking on it. As you know I was obese by the beginning of last year. Honestly, I've never done any better decision in my whole life, I made a great effort to lose a lot of weight on my own, without help of any kind outside of some minor advice here and there.

The thing is, I've been a little unhappy lately. I had gained a bit of weight through last semester but it was minor and didn't mean anything to me. But then December came and I just started to eat and eat and eat with no control over it. I became addicted to food again and I wasn't doing anything about it, as I knew I could recover in January. January came and went and I gained a bit more. Now here in February and I don't know what I'm doing. One day I wake up doing everything right and then the next one is a huge disaster overeating.

Today I decided to look thorugh all the photos I have on Facebook, from the most recent ones to the oldest. What a stupid pig I was. I looked terrible. Seriously, that made me think about how all my problems originated, all my moody times, all my self esteem issues, all my anxiety, my food addiction, my lack of social skill, loneliness, just everything. That's why I was always unhappy. Today I look like Brad Pitt compared to how I did a year ago (not that I'm a good looking guy but at least I can safely say that I'm sooooo much better). All of this combined with my homosexuality and my stupid personality I had at the time, it was obvious that no one would even give a glance to me and it would just be me being rejected everywhere. I was a ball made a person, more round than Kirby.

So I feel terrible because it feels inevitable to go back there. I'm being dragged to it. And I don't want to gain any more weight. It would hurt so much to return. But I can't control myself. My food addiction is overtaking me. Plus I feel lonely. I trust my sister but she is being distant lately even though we are in good terms right now and I obviously can't count on my father. My friends can't stay with me on weekends and that's when I feel the worst. And I can't even look for help. If I do my father will know. I don't know what to do.

Guys, if this is the wrong thread, I'll just edit and erase this. As I said, I didn't knwo where to write this. I needed to vent. I can't take this anymore.

*hugs*

Thanks for sharing with us, Daripad. It isn't inevitable that you are going to go back there. The fact that you managed to make some change from where you were a year ago, and that you recognize that there are issues coming up and you genuinely want to keep moving in the right direction shows you have what it takes not to go back there.

Shit happens, ya know? You should be proud of doing what you've done so far, especially with no real support, and know that no matter how hard it gets, you'll be happy once you are in a good place because you kept pushing forward. And even if there are a few slip ups every now and then, it's okay. You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs first, after all. What matters is to recognize when things "go wrong", and bettering yourself from that, and you definitely seem to be doing that.

We're here for you and rooting you along every step of the way. Even if people in the real world won't support you, I'm sure us here in the thread will. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom