• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngower

How did you discover your boss isn't keen on it?

My direct supervisor—who hates everything and tends to exaggerate on just about everything—said so. I don't doubt my boss notices it, but I honestly don't think he cares for reasons I'll address below.

i read an article recently that said the worst thing you can do in an office is dress differently than the norm. it alienates yourself from other people, even if you look awesome.

of course, i have basically ignored the advice and continue to wear flashy outfits in my conservative office. i have too much fun with clothes to bother stopping.

how do you know your boss isn't keen on it? you are male, correct? just trying to figure out the source of your insecurity about how he/she feels.

I'm the youngest person in my office by a decade, so I'm already alienated. I have a number of tattoos and am brand new to my field. I'm also the lowly intern, so there's always a sort of belittlement in the way I'm talked to in this office.

Yes, I'm cis-male.

btkadams

I'm the youngest person in my office by a decade, so I'm already alienated. I have a number of tattoos and am brand new to my field. I'm also the lowly intern, so there's always a sort of belittlement in the way I'm talked to in this office.

Yes, I'm cis-male.

i feel you. i'm 23 and the next youngest person in my team is 39. 1/3 of our office is expected to retire over the next 5 years lol.

it undoubtedly ruffles some feathers if your supervisor said that, so you have to make a decision as to whether or not you want people in the office to have a better opinion of you by sacrificing the nail polish. did you get hired with the nail polish and tattoos visible? if so, your boss is probably ok with it. if you feel strongly about it, keep doing what you're doing. if he has a problem, he can bring it up with you. i'm afraid there isn't really a solution that will please both you and your coworkers.

My direct supervisor—who hates everything and tends to exaggerate on just about everything—said so. I don't doubt my boss notices it, but I honestly don't think he cares for reasons I'll address below.

Yes, I'm cis-male.

i feel you. i'm 23 and the next youngest person in my team is 39. 1/3 of our office is expected to retire over the next 5 years lol.

it undoubtedly ruffles some feathers if your supervisor said that, so you have to make a decision as to whether or not you want people in the office to have a better opinion of you by sacrificing the nail polish. did you get hired with the nail polish and tattoos visible? if so, your boss is probably ok with it. if you feel strongly about it, keep doing what you're doing. if he has a problem, he can bring it up with you. i'm afraid there isn't really a solution that will please both you and your coworkers.
I'm also the youngest by far at my summer job! They usually tease me but it's all in good fun with them haha :)

I feel like your boss is being unfair :( it's just nail polish, in my opinion! I'm sorry about what's happened! :(

RM8

I'm the youngest person in my office by a decade, so I'm already alienated.
Same. It's okay because I get to stomp all over the dress code since I'm the "young guy" :p That being said, I'm just guilty of dressing overly casual, and my boss is okay with that.

So I know I come across as a little obsessed with FFVIII... But LOOK AT MY NEW TSHIRT!!

xD

7863AE95-AE9B-414B-BBE4-073B4DF22E17_zpsnaljreyk.jpg

ngower

I was basically asked to do this job. It's at the college I graduated from, and they felt I'd be a good fit. I worked with the same boss as a student.

And to be honest, I'd love to just walk out and get to a real city and do something/anything for work as long as I'm having fun. This job is not something I see myself doing forever—it's my first job after college. So there's definitely a level of nonchalantness—a sort of "I'll keep doing it until I'm confronted" thing. If it were a job I cared more about, I might put more consideration into what my supervisor says as I'd want to keep my job.

Lol awesome.

WAHH that's a tough one to beat! Rapping is my weak spot. Hahaha! Okay this one's mine! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Iatph3TPB0

.. I think you win :S

LOL oh shucks.. That's very sweet. <33 Thank you

Omg I can't wait to listen to that! hahahaha

Your voice is like a cozy blanket. :p

So I know I come across as a little obsessed with FFVIII... But LOOK AT MY NEW TSHIRT!!

xD

FFVIII gets waaaaay too much flack. ;_; It's a fun game, and I love its soundtrack, world, atmosphere and cast. Sweet shirt.

So today I'm turning 25 and I don't know if I should feel :D or :/

Even my Animal Crossing neighbors started calling me "old dog" a few days ago, haha:

KRM2m3w.jpg

All in all, I feel good about it, but it's an important step nonetheless, I guess!

Happy Birthday!

Lol I've neglected my village in New Leaf for a little over two months now. I wanna return, but...I'm kinda terrified.

Your voice is like a cozy blanket. :p

FFVIII gets waaaaay too much flack. ;_; It's a fun game, and I love its soundtrack, world, atmosphere and cast. Sweet shirt.
A cozy blanket? Hahaha! Well thank you? :) LOL!!

Ahh I'm so happy you mentioned the soundtrack! It's one of my favorite things about the game!! (One of many) :)

Thanks for the tshirt and FF8 love guys XD

A cozy blanket? Hahaha! Well thank you? :) LOL!!

Ahh I'm so happy you mentioned the soundtrack! It's one of my favorite things about the game!! (One of many) :)

BlueBadger, why don't you and that lovely voice of yours cover Eyes on Me....? Or better yet you could do a creepy montage of yourself doing Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec!!

Or.. or or or.... you could duet with SmoothMcGroove!!

K.. I'm done.

Thanks for the tshirt and FF8 love guys XD

BlueBadger, why don't you and that lovely voice of yours cover Eyes on Me....? Or better yet you could do a creepy montage of yourself doing Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec!!

Or.. or or or.... you could duet with SmoothMcGroove!!

K.. I'm done.
LOLL wahh you're making me blush!! But whoa Eyes on Me! Why haven't I thought of that?! That's a great idea! :) thanks!!!

Wait wait!! Who is SmoothMcGroove again? Or have I not met him/her yet? :O I'm sorry I'm still new :'( LOL

daripad

Happy Birthday Grizzo and Caladrious. Have fun in your respective birthdays and enjoy the last years you'll have on earth
in 80 years

Caladrius

Happy birthday people!

Happy Birthday, both of you!! :) :)

Happy burfday, kids.

Happy Birthday youse twos!

Happy Birthday Grizzo and Caladrious. Have fun in your respective birthdays and enjoy the last years you'll have on earth
in 80 years

Thank you earthlings!

xD

After finally averting my gaze from the fine gentleman wearing it I will say it's pretty nice.

I feel like white or blue flames would be more appropriate though. Maybe it's just my color bias.

WTF is this piece-of-shit's (and other fundies') end-game here? They clearly lost this war in America, Canada, and most of Australia and Western Europe. So, what, do they think Russia's and other Eastern European countries' homophobia is somehow gonna convince the West and the US to revert back to bigotry? When that inevitably fails, are they gonna ally themselves with North Korea and extremists from the Muslim world next?

EDIT:

I had some fun with this asshole on MS-paint. (Why I decided to attempt this with a laptop touchpad is beyond me.)

5fAoF84.jpg

Christopher

OK I did LesMills today. Good god lol it was freaking sadistic! I really liked how it felt like a total body workout. (Incorporated upper and lower body resistance, but also focused a lot on stamina and endurance.) What really killed me though was how you get extremely minimal rest-time between sets. It's all go go go, but it doesn't feel like it neglects weight training at all.

Totally plan on sticking to this class and incorporating it to my gym routine. If anyone else was curious, definitely check it out. For sure it'll kick your ass! (On your first day of class, be sure to choose somewhat lower weights than what you usually lift. Trust me.)

I just saw this and I am EXTREMELY proud of you. Keep going, and eat right and give it 4 more classes, you'll really change your body I shit you not.

It was literally 4/5 months of EXTREME hard work with eating healthy and going to Les Mills only classes, but I'm proof it can be done. My PM box is always open if you have ANY questions, or if you need some inspiration/feeling not into it.

I just saw this and I am EXTREMELY proud of you. Keep going, and eat right and give it 4 more classes, you'll really change your body I shit you not.

It was literally 4/5 months of EXTREME hard work with eating healthy and going to Les Mills only classes, but I'm proof it can be done. My PM box is always open if you have ANY questions, or if you need some inspiration/feeling not into it.

Thanks man, I really appreciate it a lot. (And keep up the insane progress on your end too!)

o_o
cYmcpK1.gif

4UdJjcf.gif

Grizzo

Happy Birthday Grizzo!!!!

Happy Birthday, Grizzo! <:D

Happy Birthday!

I'm just over halfway through being 25, it's not too bad ;)

The prospect of turning 26 though.....
Kill me, kill me now...

Happy birthday!

oh to be 25 again...

Congrats! :D

It's not that bad being 26, actually, but maybe I'm doing something wrong since I pretty much feel like the same person I've been for quite a while :p

Happy Birthday, both of you!! :) :)

Happy Birthday youse twos!

Happy Birthday!

Lol I've neglected my village in New Leaf for a little over two months now. I wanna return, but...I'm kinda terrified.

in 80 years

Thanks a lot everyone!

Happy burfday, kids. But, yeah, what's with the trepidation over your mid-20s? That's your prime! Feels like foreeeever ago for me, hah. Can't wait for someone to start bemoaning their 19th birthday since, obviously, death is right around the corner... ;)

Thank you! And don't worry, I'm not complaining, I'm more than okay with my age! I feel like you can be 45 years old and still feel young at heart, and that's what matters the most, imo.

Happy birthday people!

I missed my Animal Crossing birthday back in my birthday in January :/, I had a good real birthday except for a couple of annoying episodes with my brother, so it was all good at the end of the day.

You don't lose any special items from your AC birthday, do you?

Well here's how it went:

First Elvis came to my home and asked me to follow him:

tumblr_n0l1m1zpfC1swyzfbo1_400.jpg

Then, we went to his house where my three favorite neihbors were waiting and cheering for me:

tumblr_n0l1woAGDN1swyzfbo1_400.jpg

Then I had to write down a wish and blow on the candles through the 3DS microphone:

tumblr_n0l1z9reMg1swyzfbo1_400.jpg

And finally, they gave me a gift called "birthday sign" (it's a piece of furniture, like a huge billboard saying Happy Birthday). They told me they all chipped in, I thought that was a cute little touch.

tumblr_n0l23ywwJu1swyzfbo1_400.jpg

Happy birthday!

My birthday is actually tomorrow too.

And happy birthday to you!

btkadams

so, guys, what're you doing for the olympics this year? i'm not wanting to turn this thread into an olympics bitch thread, and i'm pretty sure we all share similar resentment for russia's propaganda laws. i'm just curious to know what people are doing, whether it's supporting the olympics, not watching the olympics, writing letters, writing madlibs, etc.

i'm in full support of the athletes fulfilling their dreams by competing in the olympics, but i'm not watching the olympics this year. the situation in russia really frustrates me. i'm not sure what i can really do to help though, so i guess i'm just a whiner doing nothing. i looked at the official canadian partners (companies) and it's not really possible for me to effectively boycott all of them.

Grizzo

so, guys, what're you doing for the olympics this year? i'm not wanting to turn this thread into an olympics bitch thread, and i'm pretty sure we all share similar resentment for russia's propaganda laws. i'm just curious to know what people are doing, whether it's supporting the olympics, not watching the olympics, writing letters, writing madlibs, etc.

i'm in full support of the athletes fulfilling their dreams by competing in the olympics, but i'm not watching the olympics this year. the situation in russia really frustrates me. i'm not sure what i can really do to help though, so i guess i'm just a whiner doing nothing. i looked at the official canadian partners (companies) and it's not really possible for me to effectively boycott all of them.

I'm not watching either but that's because I don't usually care about the Olympics. And this year, even more so what with the gay hatred in Russia.

Since we're talking about that, have you seen the ad just released by the Canadian Institute of Diversity and Inclusion ? I think it's cool and brilliant.

RM8

xD
Cool shirt! I actually have never played FFVIII, though :x

I love Winter Olympics, but I guess it's impossible to completely ignore the uncomfortable fact that Russia's government is crap. Bleh :(

The hotel pics are hilarious, though. I want the next Summer Olympics to be held at Pyongyang just for the lulz.

Edit: Lol, t.A.T.u. is performing at Sochi.

Grizzo

...And the UK's Channel 4 support ad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6RID82Ru-k

I know these broadcasters mean well, but would it be acceptable if regular Olympic advertising was as sexualized as the ones supporting gay athletes are?

I see what you mean. The UK one is even too cliché to my taste but I guess we can take it as a little bit of provocation to Russia. I'll take any kind of support against these inhuman anti-gay repressive measures.

Kater

Banned
Are t.A.t.U. still good?
Haven't seen or heard from them since... around 2004(?).

I'm not watching the Winter Olympics either.

Caladrius

I think the Sochi Olympics are a grave reminder that corporations are never to really be trusted because their interests only follow the money, and their efforts to help us are often done at least as much in the interest of publicity and the pink dollar as it does any goodwill.

And I'm glad I finally managed to kick soda.

Acid erosion is a poop.

And so is Coca-Cola.

And happy birthday to you!

Thank you!

Actually, t.A.T.u did their best album yet in 2009 - Waste Management. They released a couple of singles then promptly split up. Such a shame because it really was a good album.

If you're interested check out Sparks, Fly on the Wall or Running Blind. (My 3 favourite songs from the album.)

I hope they're not singing live at the Olympics though... they do sound effing awful live....

Grizzo

Actually, t.A.T.u did their best album yet in 2009 - Waste Management. They released a couple of singles then promptly split up. Such a shame because it really was a good album.

If you're interested check out Sparks, Fly on the Wall or Running Blind. (My 3 favourite songs from the album.)

I hope they're not singing live at the Olympics though... they do sound effing awful live....

Yeah, I just listened to their performance on the Voice of Romania in late 2012 and boy that was bad. But Julia looks great.

Thanks for the info, I'll give these songs a try!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
so, guys, what're you doing for the olympics this year?

My excitement for the Olympics always peters out after about a week and a half, so while I'm sure that I'll watch the first few events and certainly the opening ceremony, I probably won't watch much beyond that.

The situation over there is horrible, obviously, but I don't feel compelled to boycot or anything like that.

And I'm glad I finally managed to kick soda.

Congrats!

Kater

Banned
Saw some articles popping up on Google that Grindr users in Russia are getting warnings that they violate the law by using the App.
(Can't give links at the moment since I'm on mobile.)

Saw some articles popping up on Google that Grindr users in Russia are getting warnings that they violate the law by using the App.
(Can't give links at the moment since I'm on mobile.)

Links here for those looking to read more:

YObMTe7.jpg

International Business Times UK

I'm unsure if there are other sources, the oldest link on it I can find is from a website called Towleroad. Just to point out it isn't "Grindr", but it is an equivalent application.

Links here for those looking to read more:

YObMTe7.jpg

International Business Times UK

I'm unsure if there are other sources, the oldest link on it I can find is from a website called Towleroad. Just to point out it isn't "Grindr", but it is an equivalent application.
Oh dear :/.

I can't believe they actually went through with having the Olympics there.. :(

They had them in my city four years ago, and I think me (and everyone else) would have been happier if they just brought it back here again! Or anywhere else, really!

Caladrius

Congrats!

Thanks!
I got sick so I couldn't drink it for the better part of 2 weeks. It was only a little while after I resolved to stop before the cravings subsided. Quitting cold-turkey has never worked for me before.

Oh dear :/.

I can't believe they actually went through with having the Olympics there.. :(

They had them in my city four years ago, and I think me (and everyone else) would have been happier if they just brought it back here again! Or anywhere else, really!

*Implying Africa and the Middle East are preferable.*

This is frustrating. There has to be something people abroad can do. If only I knew.

Caladrius

That's so messed up :/ It's kind of infuriating that they use the word "propaganda".

The alienating language is deliberate. For them, they're not persecuting and imprisoning Russian people, they're going after "them".

They're all too content to use whatever they think will let them escape the reality of what they're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom