• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garcia

Hot dude up there, but I don't like the tats one bit. He looks really handsome wearing that beard.

Orange is the New Black is good - you all should check it out. First gay (kinda) show I've liked.

IIRC there's a clip of that show on youtube where a blonde (character) explains why she thinks religion is shit. I loved that clip.

Bladenic

That Alex Minsky is mighty attractive EXCEPT his tattoos completely ruin him. Ugh tats are so gross. I don't mind a few but covering nearly his entire body? Fucking bye.

RM8

Yoshi is male. I recall Miyamoto saying something like "Don't think too much about the story in games! Because if you do you start wondering things like 'how can Yoshi lay eggs if he's a male?" or something like that.

daripad

Caladrius, about that, I'm terrible at being stylish. I usually wear the most simple way possible, nothing fancy or noteworthy.

I don't have a good posture. I find myself looking down while walking and running. I think I might even have a slight thoracic kyphosis.

Grakl, you are a bug

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Now that Looking has set the world on fire, it's time to get hyped for the next big things - Cucumber, Banana, and Tofu!!!!!

Russell T Davies, best known for reviving Doctor Who, is writing two Channel 4 dramas exploring 21st-century gay life, promising a frankness not seen since his groundbreaking Queer as Folk.

Cucumber, to be broadcast on (British) Channel 4, focuses on how the comfortable life of fortysomething Henry and his boyfriend is shattered by a truly disastrous date night involving a death, a threesome, two police cars and the Glee Christmas album.

Banana follows the contrasting lifestyles of younger characters on the periphery of the Cucumber narrative, including a young lesbian, Scotty, and 19-year-old Dean, and will be broadcast on the (British) youth channel E4.

"It's really about the collision of two generations of gay men. Henry and his friends in their 40s, who went on the marches and had to go to Canal Street [on nights out]. In Banana they never have done that. They haven't had the experience of being ghettoised."

Each episode of the online spin-off Tofu will relate to a theme or incident in the dramas, aiming to create a gay sex guide.

"I once read about a scientific institute which had studied the male erection," said Davies. "It divided the hard-on into four categories, from soft to hard. One, tofu. Two, peeled banana. Three, banana. And four, cucumber. Right there and then I knew I had my drama."

A recent survey by Stonewall suggested the realistic portrayal of lesbian, gay and bisexual people on UK television had shown no signs of improvement over the past five years.

That guy from the last page is hot as hell, tats and all.

Last page?

5AwTQ2x.gif

Mark1

Some nice pics for you all :p

4-13gyna.gif

002ztqpw

I swear to god I love Darren Criss, he is probably the most ideal out of them all purely for his personality.

Mark1

I'm not a fan of blank profiles, would prefer if people knew me more. Not many of you have seen my face because of the hot guys I use for my profile pictures. Besides when I joined in June that I had been working out quite a bit but never showed the results, so here guys and I hope you enjoy them:

v29k8uE.jpg

MZPI7oo.jpg

oIWroCF.jpg

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
dis cd is amazong

I'm not a fan of blank profiles, would prefer if people knew me more. Not many of you have seen my face because of the hot guys I use for my profile pictures. Besides when I joined in June that I had been working out quite a bit but never showed the results, so here guys and I hope you enjoy them:

You look nice!

daripad

You are looking great Mark, I remember your first pics that you posted and you were pretty skinny but now it seems that you are gaining some definition. Keep it up! Also, how tall are you? How's your weight right now?

dem eyes

Mark1

You are looking great Mark, I remember your first pics that you posted and you were pretty skinny but now it seems that you are gaining some definition. Keep it up! Also, how tall are you? How's your weight right now?

dem eyes
I'm 5'10" at roughly 75kg (haven't checked my weight for a while).

Thanks you two! :p

Maybe its because I lived in Indiana for so long but since I moved to South Carolina most of my black coworkers use the word "straight" to mean "good". As in the polar opposite of using gay as a pejorative.

If you're preparing your driveway for an ice storm "If you go put some rock salt on your sidewalk you'll be straight." Obviously not an offensive use of the word so I'm not making this post because I want to rage. I'm just curious if this is new and an evolution of using gay to mean stupid/bad or if I just didn't work in such a diverse workplace.

I'm not a fan of blank profiles, would prefer if people knew me more. Not many of you have seen my face because of the hot guys I use for my profile pictures. Besides when I joined in June that I had been working out quite a bit but never showed the results, so here guys and I hope you enjoy them
I said damn, hehe. Great pictures you got there. :)

Maybe its because I lived in Indiana for so long but since I moved to South Carolina most of my black coworkers use the word "straight" to mean "good". As in the polar opposite of using gay as a pejorative.

If you're preparing your driveway for an ice storm "If you go put some rock salt on your sidewalk you'll be straight." Obviously not an offensive use of the word so I'm not making this post because I want to rage. I'm just curious if this is new and an evolution of using gay to mean stupid/bad or if I just didn't work in such a diverse workplace.

Perhaps I'm being too literal or pedantic here but I believe that's merely from an alternative meaning to the word "straight" (which can be used in quite a few different manners) to imply it being systematic or logical ("How to Think Straight" an example of this), or alternatively using it to imply it being right ("Is your report straight or are you hiding something?"), as opposed to associating "straight" with "heterosexual" and subsequently that with being "good".

Grakl

Saying something is "straight" like that has nothing to do with using straight/gay as they pertain to sexuality.

^The One Who Knocks is right.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Has anyone else been getting this message from Google?

To continue, please type the characters below:

*Captcha x 2*

About this page

Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network. This page checks to see if it's really you sending the requests, and not a robot. This page appears when Google automatically detects requests coming from your computer network which appear to be in violation of the Terms of Service. The block will expire shortly after those requests stop. In the meantime, solving the above CAPTCHA will let you continue to use our services.

WTF is this shit? This is happening whenever I try to Google something!

RM8

Has anyone else been getting this message from Google?

WTF is this shit? This is happening whenever I try to Google something!
I get that when I'm bypassing the firewall/filter at work using a proxy.

BTW guise my face is bright red and it hurts because I had to walk under the harsh sun of Toluca :( My skin sucks big time, tomorrow I'm marinating in sunscreen.

daripad

BTW guise my face is bright red and it hurts because I had to walk under the harsh sun of Toluca :( My skin sucks big time, tomorrow I'm marinating in sunscreen.

So Toluca has its own sun?

J/k sunscreen is a must if you are going to have a long sun exposure

It's great that my skin is great with it. That's why having a light dark/dark skin is cool.

Saying something is "straight" like that has nothing to do with using straight/gay as they pertain to sexuality.

^The One Who Knocks is right.

Yeah, I know. My question was if it was a recent thing or if I'd just been living with midwest hicks too long. "Be straight with me." means to be direct but its not a value judgement of good or bad. I'd never heard it used as a direct substitution for "good".

I get that when I'm bypassing the firewall/filter at work using a proxy.

At least you look like you have a natural tan-ish colour to your skin.

I'm a pasty milk-bottle and I have to sun-worship for WEEKS to start turning brown D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom