• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mantidor

No. Straight. Bi at best. Read the last book/ending to know.

I really don't think it's like that. The Lord of The Rings is a very old book and back then that kind of affection was very different.

If you guys check out the amazing documentary the Celulloid Closet, it mentions a very interesting phenomenon, talking about the movie "Wings", it pointed out how close were they two male friends in the movie, they even hold each other and kiss their cheeks and foreheads. What happens is that back then homosexuality was really something very hidden and few even imagined such thing existed, so men were allowed to be much closer physically, however after homosexuality became more public, also depictions of men being close decreased. Frodo and Sam, and pretty much all of the characters in the books, are all about how great and important that kind of friendship is, the master servant thing, the books barely had a glimpse of feminism with Arwen, but thats it. It's pretty much a male story, which is not surprising at all.

Related: I actually wish Sean Austin was gay. He kissed some of the LOTR cast though, but still. . . Not gay. :-/

is it wrong that I had kind of a crush on him since the goonies? to my defense, he was actually older than me in that movie back then :p

Dead Man

Had kids, son.

Though I'll admit Sam gave off a LOT of gay vibes in LotR, all the Hobbits did. Tolkien got that closet mojo going there that it rubbed off on the movie so hard people were asking that when they were in theaters.

Yeah, that has happened before as well. She may not have known she was a beard ;)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah, that has happened before as well. She may not have known she was a beard ;)

I still hold to my assertation that he's bi. Frodo pushed him to marry Rose, he had kids. He loved Frodo but Frodo couldn't accept his love being the Ringbearer
and wanting Legolas to bone him on the journey across the sea

Plus the hobbits showered/bathed naked in the river all the damn time. Good lord.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Dany, don't shave ever (just trim). It's the perfect look for you!

Yeah, I think he looks really good too! Also, is it just me or is Sai-kun getting his Paprika on in that pic? :p

wdOu0g1.jpg
FuF105w.jpg

btkadams

we'll call this my "before" picture. i'm hoping to continue losing weight. also i didn't put on a filter haha. my bathroom light was messing with the lens.

uwE2YCQ.png

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Not all together, Ratsky! There's this thing called Privacy, maybe you've heard of it?

Privacy from whom? From your best friends whom you've known for years and shared all sorts of near death experiences with?

Also, I think that people back then weren't as shy about that sort of thing.

_Isaac

Not posting a photo, but posting a snapshot from an article (hopefully this is okay Mumei/mods since it's a back issue)

Well, that was an interesting aside that escalated quickly.

You didn't play it on PS3? Failure, you could've played with me during that beta!

That said, 1) Use a keyboard and mouse, it's practically a must for MMO's. 2) Do as many quests as you can to level your jobs up. I started with a Mage (and have images of my catboy character around here... should remake it in that spec-character-builder-rig-tester on PC again) and you have to abuse the reverse polarity/elements to do damage or something. Stupid.

The job system is like FF11's, tho.

It's good fun during the beta period, but I don't want to pay a monthly fee for it. I'm still waiting for FF11 to hit F2P. :(

Blegh. The quests were so boring though. It all sounds like a lot of effort for a game I'm not really going to buy. I don't feel like paying a monthly fee for it either.

Sagitario

Aw thanks :) I'm actually growing it out again ;)
Looks great! Scruffy looks fits you well. I am actually doing the same [for now, until I get back to MX/work next week].

43988guq0a.png

I see people still posting pics. #TeamGlasses
I am usually #TeamGlasses (I feel naked without them), but I was fresh out of the shower [and actually naked :p]

Yeah, I think he looks really good too! Also, is it just me or is Sai-kun getting his Paprika on in that pic? :p
WOAH! Hahahaha. That's amazing! I need to watch Paprika again, I love the film [I must confess I sometimes shower while listening to its soundtrack].

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Blegh. The quests were so boring though. It all sounds like a lot of effort for a game I'm not really going to buy. I don't feel like paying a monthly fee for it either.

If it isn't clicking with you, then you should stop while you're ahead. For me, the MMO quest system is fine, since I loved FFXII to death. Offline MMORPG's is fine with me (I gotta get around to setting up Dolphin to play Xenoblade...) so FF14 being an actual MMORPG was fine with me, but I don't want to pay a monthly fee just to go through the main story while using the side-quests to level my jobs up. :/

Privacy from whom? From your best friends whom you've known for years and shared all sorts of near death experiences with?

Yes?

Also, I think that people back then weren't as shy about that sort of thing.

Back when?

Garcia

is it wrong that I had kind of a crush on him since the goonies? to my defense, he was actually older than me in that movie back then :p

Speaking of old crushes, I had one for Jason James Richter (the kid from the Free Willy trilogy). He just went off radar apparently.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I watched Paprika long time ago but I don't remember the soundtrack. I do love Berserk's OST though, but I'm not familiar with the composer's other works.... *takes notes*

His work on Berserk is just so otherworldly and unique, while somehow so unbelievably suited to the material. It really adds a whole new dimension to the anime.

Congrats and it's nice to meet you! I need something like this to happen to me.

Thank you, it's nice to meet all of you as well! :)

congratz and welcome to this thread <3

Thank you! <3

Welcome here. And congrats for your experience. I guess you are bi, right?

Welcome! Gay or bi?

I am bi, yes haha :3

Sounds perfect! Welcome dude :)

Thank you :)

Menaged

I watched Paprika long time ago but I don't remember the soundtrack. I do love Berserk's OST though, but I'm not familiar with the composer's other works.... *takes notes*

I couldn't bother to look for your original post, so I just quoted this one.

Anyway, I'm truly happy for you! It sounds so awesome to have that, especialy since I remember reading you're not really fullfiled with all of these random hook ups (unless I misunderstood).

---

Damn, so many good looking people here, it's crazy...

I couldn't bother to look for your original post, so I just quoted this one.

Anyway, I'm truly happy for you! It sounds so awesome to have that, especialy since I remember reading you're not really fullfiled with all of these random hook ups (unless I misunderstood).

Thanks! And you're right, I wasn't fulfilled by hook ups (I'll admit it was good fun for a while, but then I felt the need for consistency and stability), which is why I stopped using the apps and haven't had any hook ups in months.

I really want to purchase some sexy boxer briefs. All the ones I got are crap. My bf has sexy boxer briefs so I usually wear them, but I want my own pair. Anybody know where I can get some from?

I have over
pairs of underwear.

There are tons of different kinds of boxerbriefs, and "sexy" means different things to different people. Elaborate please :)

mantidor

For fucks sake.

This will teach me to disable images at work. Would be nice that if you are going to post a giant picture of someone in underwear just use a link, or at least use some freaking quote tags to resize it, thank you.

edit: nice.. top of the page -_-

For fucks sake.

This will teach me to disable images at work. Would be nice that if you are going to post a giant picture of someone in underwear just use a link, or at least use some freaking quote tags to resize it, thank you.
Sorry :'( I was posting from my mobile, didn't realize it was a huge image.

btkadams

For fucks sake.

edit: nice.. top of the page -_-

pro-tip for gaffing at work: disable avatars/images in your gaf settings and install the image-hover add-on to your browser. that way you can just mouse over images in posts to view them.

RM8

I have to bypass my office filter in order to visit GAF, but somehow (most) pics remain blocked, which is a nice side effect :p Ads are sadly not blocked, though :mad:

Caladrius

I have to bypass my office filter in order to visit GAF, but somehow (most) pics remain blocked, which is a nice side effect :p Ads are sadly not blocked, though :mad:

Funny, ads don't show up on my home computer and I don't know how to get them back on!

mantidor

haha the ads I'm getting in the "I met a girl and don't remember her face" thread are gold.

There's a surprise twist in there which I hope doesn't end up being a trainwreck for the thread.

mantidor

pro-tip for gaffing at work: disable avatars/images in your gaf settings and install the image-hover add-on to your browser. that way you can just mouse over images in posts to view them.

I did disable the images but the hover add on is a great idea, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom