• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsej87

... So a cat?

I love cats, but let's be honest

No, trust me. I can't explain exactly what it is, but everyone that comes to my apartment and meets my cat generally agrees that he...can't get right. Like, a lot of times he'll try to jump the 1/2 foot from the floor to the couch, but only his upper body makes it and he lays there half-on the couch trying to figure out where it all went wrong (and the answer is he forget to jump).

Grakl

WfBRSzG.gif

what is she saying

bsej87

Are you an enneagram type six? I think I am but the personal drama supposedly plays out rather differently on an individual basis.

Oh, goodness. It's possible, but that's waaaaay too pop/pseudo-psych for my personal tastes and biases. I made it through the first paragraph until they were citing the DSM III in a post made in 2013 and that was the end of it for me. For what it's worth, I always get an INFJ on the Myers-Briggs that I've had to take umpteen times taking and/or teaching psych classes and it seemed accurate enough.

Oh, goodness. It's possible, but that's waaaaay too pop/pseudo-psych for my personal tastes and biases. I made it through the first paragraph until they were citing the DSM III in a post made in 2013 and that was the end of it for me. For what it's worth, I always get an INFJ on the Myers-Briggs that I've had to take umpteen times taking and/or teaching psych classes and it seemed accurate enough.

It's from a book that was published in 1994, but yeah. I think 'personality systems' are always going to be decidedly pop/pseudo-psychological considering that you could reduce 'personality' to just a set of habitual patterns if you wanted to. What I like about the enneagram as opposed to Myers-Briggs is that it tries to define the ways people are on 'autopilot' or reacting in compulsive or habitual ways to poor effect, which I think seems more important than defining just the possible strengths of our perspective. So while they're both about as equally valid (they're about as falsifiable as Jung's work is) the question of usefulness is tied to it as an abstract system for use in introspection. The system itself doesn't have to be valid to have utility, it just has to have the potential to point out things that you might miss on your own.

With sixes the compulsion is sometimes reduced to one of anxiety or doubt (of self and others, the desire to submit and the desire for independence, or a kind of freefloating anxiety) which often results in patterns of avoidance or emotional reactivity or suspicion of the motives of others. There's a desire to find a true 'certainty' in life, or to preemptively question things that are uncertain, etc.

Enneagram type 6 is the most commonly tied to the INFJ type (along with type 9, which also looks the most like a six and vice versa).

Great! I found out my flight back home on sunday has been cancelled. (Not that I really want to go back to Venezuela, maybe it's a sign?). I don't really know much about it, I found out because AA called home (Venezuela) last night and that's all I know.

Also I have two other connection flights before the cancelled one (Miami-Vzla). So I hope I can reschedule the whole thing and not be stuck in Miami where I don't have any family / relatives.

It looks like that flight has been cancelled for a few days, I guess it might have to do with my country's situation.

Bailey 87

Holy ripped!!! :D I'm jealous.

Thanks and don't be. I'm jealous of those thighs you got. Love guys with thick thighs
and meaty asses :p

I have over
pairs of underwear.

There are tons of different kinds of boxerbriefs, and "sexy" means different things to different people. Elaborate please :)

I just want some colourful tight boxer briefs, I'm not picky.

<3 <3 <3
GayGAF is good looking.

Thanks ;)

Ugh just stop, you're too perfect.

Agreed. Good looking guy who can sing and has rugby tier thighs...Perfection

it's nice to see people who don't skip leg day

It's crazy how many people at my gym never do legs. The squat rack is always empty, me personally I love working on my legs, everyday is a legs day for me.

If there is anything I like more than a nice face it would be nice legs

Lower body>>>>>>>Upper body. It is known

Meicyn

Gold Member
Symmetry is sooooo important. It's rare, but sometimes you get folks who are rocking T-Rex mode and work their legs way more than their upper body. 4/10 would not bang.

ATG squats have become my favorite exercise. Looooove them so much.

I'm starting to think that I've got an incredibly ugly face or something. I have a shirtless with face showing pic on the Scruff app. I get very few messages and the ones I send are ignored. I do get habitual viewers, guys who cruise my profile but never say hi even if I have. But on Grindr I have a headless torso shot which gets a lot of responses, until I send my face pic which results in once again being ignored.

I'm starting to hate these apps, they are doing a major number on my confidence. Not that I've had much of any before.

Avoiding judgements, is this typical? Seems like unless your white, 6feet, 200 lbs of muscle, with sleeve tatoos you might as well be dead.

Thanks and don't be. I'm jealous of those thighs you got. Love guys with thick thighs
and meaty asses :p

I just want some colourful tight boxer briefs, I'm not picky.

Thanks ;)

Agreed. Good looking guy who can sing and has rugby tier thighs...Perfection
I... Oh my.. O_O Haha you're too sweet <3! I'm a bit flustered LOL!

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it :) I'm jealous of your body, personally o_o.

Hmm.. Well most of my colourful ones are from American Eagle!

mantidor

I'm starting to think that I've got an incredibly ugly face or something. I have a shirtless with face showing pic on the Scruff app. I get very few messages and the ones I send are ignored. I do get habitual viewers, guys who cruise my profile but never say hi even if I have. But on Grindr I have a headless torso shot which gets a lot of responses, until I send my face pic which results in once again being ignored.

I'm starting to hate these apps, they are doing a major number on my confidence. Not that I've had much of any before.

Avoiding judgements, is this typical? Seems like unless your white, 6feet, 200 lbs of muscle, with sleeve tatoos you might as well be dead.

All those apps sound like poison, I would get away from them. Your face is anything but ugly.

My guess from the last photo you posted, is that your head more or less reveals your height and maybe you come off as short. Screw them, you are how you are period, I would drop the torso only picture, but really I would just drop the apps in their entirety.

Masamuna

You're very handsome, hell you'd be a hit on growlr. Probably has more to do with location and local asshat ratio.

I hate those apps personally. They're battery-drainers first of all.. And they're so shallow. Not really something I want to associate myself with.

I'm not trying to generalize because I'm sure there's some genuinely great guys on Grindr, hornet etc. but they don't outweigh the "vers, fit, sane looking for same. No fats or ethnic plz sorry" guys -_-!

You're handsome! At least I think so <3 GAF opinion > every other opinion :D

Alrus

You look really nice and your face is more than fine. Those people are stupid.

You're very handsome, hell you'd be a hit on growlr. Probably has more to do with location and local asshat ratio.

Funny you mentioned Growlr, cuz the same happens there too. :( except usually I get the condescending "thx bud". I'm not even worth a full spelling of "thanks".

Thanks for the kind words guys, still stings quite a bit though.

Masamuna

Would you hate me if I say you are the living image of Sully from Monsters Inc?

Haha that's awesome!

@spacebridge, that sucks but no you are not an ugly guy. Apps are very hit or miss regardless of aesthetics, and even if you snag a conversation 90% it's a dead end unless the goal is a booty call. Not a huge loss.

btkadams

I think it's around the worldwide average, based on a quick look at the average height around the world table on Wikipedia (it varies significantly by country/region though, so what's average in place can be either short to tall in another), but might be considered on the short side in a society obsessed with height. I'm 5'8" / 174cm
what do you mean by a society obsessed with height? genuinely curious. are certain cultures more bothered by height? i know nothing in that area.

daripad

what do you mean by a society obsessed with height? genuinely curious. are certain cultures more bothered by height? i know nothing in that area.

It may vary between cultures. In Mexico I haven't seen that height is a big deal. Some people would tell me I'm tall when I'm barely 1.73 m (5'8"). I have even seen couples where the guy is shorter than the girl and groups of friends I've seen have a variety of heights.

I guess in other countries it takes more importance.

I'm kind of on the other side of things right now. A extremely hot guy is writing me/sending me pics on grindr and I think it's just too good to be true.

EDIT: did a reverse google image search and yes, it was too good to be true, now some random ugly guy in the Netherlands has my nudes :p

I honestly wasn't much aware of it until this thread, where I noticed a lot of guys are down on themselves for thinking they are short. And I was told that "heightism is a real issue".

exLBS.png

Also, a search pops up a thread about it: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=490416

It might be more of an issue for straight guys, I don't know. I personally never gave people's height much thought, and I'd actually prefer a shorter guy than a taller one (
but then again I also prefer average dicks over big ones, heh
)

I'm 1.80m and I feel short. My boyfriend is 1.84m.

That's just nuts. Anything over 1.85m is approaching "too tall" category for me.

I think it's around the worldwide average, based on a quick look at the average height around the world table on Wikipedia (it varies significantly by country/region though, so what's average in place can be either short to tall in another), but might be considered on the short side in a society obsessed with height. I'm 5'8" / 174cm

Bolivia and Indonesia are the only countries where I am average, or above average, height. I knew I was short, but that really does emphasize it. I will admit I have not noted much discrimination (except in early secondary school where it would occasionally be commented upon mockingly, yet it quickly passed as it was quickly learned I was rather indifferent about it) in relation to height, personally, but the Wikipedia article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Height_discrimination) on it is rather detailed and its link to financial success/success in business is something I am aware of.

RM8

I'm 1.78m (5 feet and 10 inches? This is confusing, I've seen it converted to 5.8 too) which is above average in Mexico. I honestly don't think it's too important, I mostly don't care about height.

Caladrius

I'm 3"/9 cm below average for my demographic (which is 5'10"/ 178cm) . I'm ironically the tallest person in my family.

I honestly wasn't much aware of it until this thread, where I noticed a lot of guys are down on themselves for thinking they are short. And I was told that "heightism is a real issue".

Sharp knees.png

Also, a search pops up a thread about it: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=490416

It might be more of an issue for straight guys, I don't know. I personally never gave people's height much thought, and I'd actually prefer a shorter guy than a taller one.

People never cease to baffle and repulse me.

Bladenic

Height used to be a huge point of contention with me, but I'm mostly over it except a few occasions. My boyfriend is WAY taller than me, and neither of us mind the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom