• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garcia

Someone just told me he was going to kill himself on Scruff. Has anybody had a similar situation or know what to do. He messaged me 4 hours ago and I just replied not even 20 minutes ago. I didn't think that this stuff happened. It's really shitty.

That's such an awkward situation. As a rule of thumb, if anyone is to ever attempt suicide they won't likely let any people close to them know of their plans. They're more prone to vent their frustration with total strangers . . . Don't feel too bad for the guy, ok? If he did take the short route out there's literally nothing you could do to prevent that.

An ex-friend of mine (thank god for the ex part btw) called me on one occasion just to tease me into believing he was going to pull out the plug. Of course, he didn't, he was just a drama queen, but how the hell was a I supposed to know back then? I got all worried and tried to contact his family just to let them know.

Nohar

Someone just told me he was going to kill himself on Scruff. Has anybody had a similar situation or know what to do. He messaged me 4 hours ago and I just replied not even 20 minutes ago. I didn't think that this stuff happened. It's really shitty.

*blink*

Errr... Do you know the guy in question? I don't want to sound insensitive, but if it's a complete stranger, you should just ignore him. I already 3 several cases in the past of people on the internet crying wolf and/or feigning death (one case was a ploy to ruin the life of an internet friend, and other cases were a cry for attention). Needless to say, I didn't take those well at all.

Bottom line: if it's someone you know and who you care about, contact him ASAP. If it's a complete stranger, ignore him. Once again, I know that I will come up as insensitive, but you can't be blamed for what people do with their lives.

Now, don't get me wrong: there are people who have suicidal thoughts and who need help, and I really hope these people will get support from their families, close friends and/or dedicated structures. Just be wary that some people may use the threat of killing themselves as emotional blackmail.

Basch

That's such an awkward situation. As a rule of thumb, if anyone is to ever attempt suicide they won't likely let any people close to them know of their plans. They're more prone to vent their frustration with total strangers . . . Don't feel too bad for the guy, ok? If he did take the short route out there's literally nothing you could do to prevent that.

An ex-friend of mine (thank god for the ex part btw) called me on one occasion just to tease me into believing he was going to pull out the plug. Of course, he didn't, he was just a drama queen, but how the hell was a I supposed to know back then? I got all worried and tried to contact his family just to let them know.

It just sucks so much. My brother tried to commit suicide twice before and my current roommate has mentioned his thoughts to do so several times over the past couple years. In a way I'm used to it sadly, but I've always known the person and been able to talk to them in the previous cases. Now there really is not much I can do/could have done if he has already done so. I just hope he sees my message and reaches out. I'd be happy to chat with him and link him to some resources and hot lines if need be. I just hope he gets back.

He tried hooking up with me yesterday and I told him I was just looking for potential relationships. He said he was too, but I told him I wasn't all that emotionally mature yet. He was/is 39. I'm 25, and just getting out of college. Was I being unreasonable?

It just sucks so much. My brother tried to commit suicide twice before and my current roommate has mentioned his thoughts to do so several times over the past couple years. In a way I'm used to it sadly, but I've always known the person and been able to talk to them in the previous cases. Now there really is not much I can do/could have done if he has already done so. I just hope he sees my message and reaches out. I'd be happy to chat with him and link him to some resources and hot lines if need be. I just hope he gets back.

He tried hooking up with me yesterday and I told him I was just looking for potential relationships. He said he was too, but I told him I wasn't all that emotionally mature yet. He was/is 39. I'm 25, and just getting out of college. Was I being unreasonable?

You were being honest and realistic he should respect that. Sorry about your brother.

<3

My sister stayed over for a night glad she's gone lol.

Dany

Banned
Went to a party, bailed to go dancin' with sai-kun. was rick-rolled. fun was had by all.

Got way too drunk. Told bartenders it was my first time at a gay bar and they kept giving me shots. I had an amazing time. Got to dance to Drunk in Love with my bf.

Also told my bf I loved him. He said he felt the same. Hope I wake up tomorrow and this isn't a dream.

yay!

Grat's on the BF love. Boo on dancing to shitty music.

Drunk in Love is weird and fun to dance too, but when the lyrics 'Grinding on that wood, grinding, grinding on that wood' come up, most folks don't have surfboards ;)

jared-leto-flaunt-magazine-2014-7.jpg

So handsome.

Caladrius

Delete your facebook account (and or create a pseudonym).

I'll have to make a pseudonym, otherwise it's going to be difficult directing any new friends to it.

So true. Sooooo true ;_;. Gawd I want to replay that game too now. I'm totally getting on that after I finish my homework LOL

I'm going through the sequel right now. I'm tempted to do a RTTP for both games. I feel like I have interesting things to say for once.

YouTube link?

http://youtu.be/cozAZ7NqC9E?t=4m9s
There's the first attack and then her third attack is a fan-based variant. Choose whichever amuses you more.

Drunk in Love is weird and fun to dance too, but when the lyrics 'Grinding on that wood, grinding, grinding on that wood' come up, most folks don't have surfboards ;)

Who needs a surfboard when you've got tables!

RM8

HIV infection second-highest on record in Japan, "half were infected through homosexual contact".

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/english/news/20140302_25.html

I'll be honest, it'll never cease bothering me that we indeed seem to be the demographic most prone to HIV. It just speaks terribly of us to a society convinced that we're evil and inherently carelessly promiscuous. How come it's so hard for some people to have protected sex FFS, it's kind of infuriating.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Got way too drunk. Told bartenders it was my first time at a gay bar and they kept giving me shots. I had an amazing time. Got to dance to Drunk in Love with my bf.

Also told my bf I loved him. He said he felt the same. Hope I wake up tomorrow and this isn't a dream.

So happy for u sis!

zdp17x5.gif

HIV infection second-highest on record in Japan, "half were infected through homosexual contact".

I'll be honest, it'll never cease bothering me that we indeed seem to be the demographic most prone to HIV. It just speaks terribly of us to a society convinced that we're evil and inherently carelessly promiscuous. How come it's so hard for some people to have protected sex FFS, it's kind of infuriating.

When you have so many guys (mostly the younger ones) acting like HIV/AIDS is nothing more than the common cold is it any wonder.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Was the sex clean and without STDS?

No evidence of it but research into it was done.

Basically there's a chance and a high-risk for it since you can't enforce "safe sex" on the patrons or kick them out easy.

As it is, I like the idea of bathhouses and saunas for men and only men. But I don't like the idea of having sex in those establishments; safe or not.

_Isaac

Agreed. I just don't get it.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
So handsome.

His hair is amazing.

I see. So basically you're saying that it's 100% safe. Just as I thought!

Basically there's a chance and a high-risk for it since you can't enforce "safe sex" on the patrons or kick them out easy.

Sounds like something a condom PR company would come up with.

As it is, I like the idea of bathhouses and saunas for men and only men. But I don't like the idea of having sex in those establishments; safe or not.

I don't think they should have sex in regular saunas either, but if someone wanted to open up a sex sauna for that exact purpose, I don't see why they shouldn't be able to.

FoneBone

Yo GayGAFfers on the West Coast - I'm doing a road trip of sorts (minus the driving) this month.

I'll be hitting the following places:

LA: March 11th-16th
SF: March 16th-20th
Eugene, OR: March 21-22
Portland, OR: March 22-27
Seattle: March 28-April 2nd

Most of those dates aren't exact, but if anyone's around and wants to meet up, lemme know.

Right now I'm in the same bed with a man I really really like (he's asleep)... and instead of feeling happy, I feel sad.

What do you do if your partner doesn't seem to care whether you cum (orgasm) or not?

I know the obvious answer is probably "You talk to him about it", and I will, but I don't want it to be a "burden" or something that I need to remind him about... you know?

daripad

:(

This happens in every statistic about STD. Gay men always have a high tendency of getting any STD compared to straight people. There must be more reasons beyond unprotected sex and promiscuity.

The lack of legal marriage in most of the world may contribute to that since there is just not compromise of maintening a monogamous relationship. Also having to keep relationships in secret for people that haven't come out or lack of family support must have an effect to the durability of an homosexual relationship.

I'm not stating those things as facts and I'm not knowledgable about the gay scene in general but we have to consider them to know why homosexuals have a high prevalence of STD's in general.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
What do you do if your partner doesn't seem to care whether you cum (orgasm) or not?

I know the obvious answer is probably "You talk to him about it", and I will, but I don't want it to be a "burden" or something that I need to remind him about... you know?

You get a new partner. :p

But for cereal, the sexual satisfaction of your partner shouldn't be a burden to you, nor should it be something you have to be reminded about. If it is, you should probably rethink being in a relationship or at least find a partner who doesn't care if you don't get them off.

Talk to him and tell him how you feel.

Sai-kun

Banned
Right now I'm in the same bed with a man I really really like (he's asleep)... and instead of feeling happy, I feel sad.

Your sexual satisfaction is important, and shouldn't be a burden to your partner(s). Might be an awkward conversation, but it should happen.

Caladrius

You always have interesting things to say!!! :)
At least I think so!

I haven't played the sequel yet o_o

By interesting I mean actually thread worthy.

The sequel plays like a natural extension of the first game which makes battles more difficult and dynamic. The actual story and presentation diverge dramatically from the tone of the first game, to the point where the game feels like an almost completely different beast. The change works a lot better than I make it sound.

alvmew

I concur with what the others said already. The whole point of a relationship (or heck, even a hookup unless explicitly stated) is being partners. Equals. Even if you don't do the same things to each other, getting each other off or otherwise caring that you both get there and reap the benefits of each other's company is kind of the point IMO.

It shouldn't be something you have to remind him about, but if it's really a problem like it seems to me, just need to do it and address it before it keeps going and resentment builds. Just my two cents.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I see. So basically you're saying that it's 100% safe. Just as I thought!

No, quite the opposite. They shut down due to the AIDS scare in the 80's. Researchers have seen that casual/cruisers are generally less risk-taking/unsafe-sex-is-a-no-go-with-me while those that go to multiple places like bathhouses are more likely to have unsafe sex/possible HIV and STD infection.

Basch

Oh thought I'd share this before my phone died. One of the most attractive men I've ever seen in one of his best pictures... I have had a huge crush on him ever since I was 8 :p

S1lJ4rN.jpg

Perfection :)

Bladenic

I dunno what Jason Sudeikis did but he looks hot. First time ever I think.

And I gotta say that, while I'm probably alone, I don't find George Clooney even mildly sexually attractive. A total meh for me.

Oh gosh, hun, if you do ever go through with your dream of becoming a buddhist monk, you have to learn Mandarin first so we can speak it together and nerd out over Chinese culture (and like, Utena or something, probably.)

!!! I guess it would have to be before I'm living in a tent in a forest somewhere, or something. Is it hard to learn Mandarin (lol). I guess once you get a handle on the tonal system, conversation would be way easier than being literate :p

edit: cool new tag btw.

I dunno what Jason Sudeikis did but he looks hot. First time ever I think.

And I gotta say that, while I'm probably alone, I don't find George Clooney even mildly sexually attractive. A total meh for me.

I'm kind of in the same boat.. He's okay, imo. But I'm not super crazy about him.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Does anyone else think Steve McQueen is hot? The 12 Years a Slave director and not the legendary actor, I mean (though he's pretty fine too).

I just want to cuddle with him under a blanket forever :3

No, quite the opposite. They shut down due to the AIDS scare in the 80's. Researchers have seen that casual/cruisers are generally less risk-taking/unsafe-sex-is-a-no-go-with-me while those that go to multiple places like bathhouses are more likely to have unsafe sex/possible HIV and STD infection.

Sounds like homophobic profiling to me!

Same. He has a very generic sort of attractiveness that isn't sexually appealing at all.

Dead Man

Does anyone else think Steve McQueen is hot? The 12 Years a Slave director and not the legendary actor, I mean (though he's pretty fine too).

Not with those rape prevention glasses on his face. They give me flashbacks to basic training.

_Isaac

Yes. I was just thinking this tonight. His goofy glasses and seeing him hop around at the Oscars makes him adorable in a dorky sort of way.

Bladenic

The Oscars always make me realize how many movies I haven't seen. Dallas Buyers Club is coming to Redbox, I'm definitely getting it. I've seen Gravity and American Hustle (loved both).

RM8

The Oscars always make me realize how many movies I haven't seen.
The "best movies of 2013" thread did this to me. I only saw like 4 of them, all of them based on comics, lol. I'm not a huge movie person, and most stuff I watch these days is via Netflix.

Caladrius

I haven't watched any films this year other than that time I was dragged to "Washington has Fallen" or whatever the hell it was.

All I remember is that Samuel L Jackson was in it and he could not save the film.

btkadams

I can't believe I thought that was Jake Gyllenhal. . . They look alike, just like Zooey Deschanel and Katy Perry.
totally agree!
The Oscars always make me realize how many movies I haven't seen. Dallas Buyers Club is coming to Redbox, I'm definitely getting it. I've seen Gravity and American Hustle (loved both).
you won't be disappointed! dallas buyer's club is a must-see, imo. i was also very happy to see cate blanchett win for blue jasmine. it was an amazing performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom