• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding proposals, neither I nor my boyfriend wear rings so he came up with something rather ingenious.

Every weekend, I have soup for lunch at least one day. I love soup and bread, have done since a child. Generally eat half a loaf of bread with it at the same time (don't ask!).

So my other half got into the habit of playing practical jokes with my bread. Every Sunday was another game of what the hell was going on.

The bread was frozen then put back in the wrapper.
Every slice was individually taken out, toasted and then put back in.
The bed was replaced with fake plastic bread.
Each slice was hidden around the house on a treasure trail of mystery and adventure.
and a hundred other tales of bread mis-adventure and woe...

So, on the weekend of our anniversary, I go to have my lunch, and my other half had somehow managed to cut his proposal through the loaf so that as you went through it asked "marry me?", each letter in place of a slice of bread.

I'd post a picture but am completely useless at uploading images!
This is so fricken cute.

9i6xc5Y.gif

Not really LGBT related and may have been posted before but:

Good Looking Parents Sing Disney's Frozen (Love Is an Open Door)

DILF ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I saw this earlier on Facebook. DILF-y, indeed..
exactly what I'm into..
#parched
53eZVUZ.gif

I may have to shoot you a PM sometime before, then. I'm not totally ignorant about it, but I def don't really know what to expect.

I'd be glad to. Though there probably isn't too much to it beyond the usual (set, setting, dose, etc). I think the duration is the main cumbersome thing, with how long it takes to kick in and how long it stays active you usually have to do it earlier to have any semblance of a normally-timed sleep cycle afterwards.

Regarding proposals, neither I nor my boyfriend wear rings so he came up with something rather ingenious.

Every weekend, I have soup for lunch at least one day. I love soup and bread, have done since a child. Generally eat half a loaf of bread with it at the same time (don't ask!).

So my other half got into the habit of playing practical jokes with my bread. Every Sunday was another game of what the hell was going on.

Each slice was hidden around the house on a treasure trail of mystery and adventure.

So, on the weekend of our anniversary, I go to have my lunch, and my other half had somehow managed to cut his proposal through the loaf so that as you went through it asked "marry me?", each letter in place of a slice of bread.

This is absolutely adorable but on the other hand...

Get a knife and slice a circle into his ring finger, down to the bone. Scar-ring - viola!

sounds like a great idea which is sure to leave an impression! In fact, the mix of emotions will make things better. Just imagine it; he's lying beautifully in bed while you are too, twiddling with the sharpest knife you have, when all of a sudden his eyes shoot open and he shrieks in pain as you prod his bone and gradually shimmy the knife through his skin. He's disgusted with you but, finally, you finish, and he sees the ring of blood pulsing from his ring finger and, finally, he puts it together, and is in pure ecstacy. The wound won't stop bleeding, so you offer to kiss his boo-boo at which point bodily fluids are exchanged. Finally he bursts into tears and says "I do", and you get to share a car journey which is symbolic of the life that you will share, and spend, together, while he will also have a hilarious story to tell to his friends and family; it's perfect!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
sounds like a great idea which is sure to leave an impression! In fact, the mix of emotions will make things better. Just imagine it; he's lying beautifully in bed while you are two twiddling with the sharpest knife you have when all of a sudden his eyes shoot open and he shrieks in pain as you prod his bone and gradually shimmy the knife through his skin. He's disgusted with you but, finally, you finish, and he sees the ring of blood pulsing from his ring finger and, finally, he puts it together, and is in pure ecstacy. The wound won't stop bleeding, so you offer to kiss his boo-boo at which point bodily fluids are exchanged. Finally he bursts into tears and says "I do", and you get to share a car journey which is symbolic of the life that you will share, and spend, together, while he will also have a hilarious story to tell to his friends and family; it's perfect!

i don't think that's how it would play out if he did it as a surprise

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I didn't know LGBTGaf was into guro and bloodplay.

Haly

I'm an expert in sap and branding, man, is not sap.

That is some hardcore dom/sub play.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
It seems a bit sappy or contrived to me :p

I remembered reading that it was the custom of some ancient culture or other and I thought it was cool. *shrug*

Plus, I mean, marriage is sappy and contrived by definition anyway. :D

There's nothing dom/sub about it really. It would have to be a mutual thing. I wouldn't force them or push the issue if they didn't want it too.

I'm an expert in sap and branding, man, is not sap.

In this context I think it is. I'd argue it kind of goes against the spirit of (romantic) love, too, since it kind of transcends the dichotomy of selfishness and selflessness, and this seems like a particular kind of drama too rooted in all of that, but who really cares :p

I remember reading that it was the custom of some ancient culture or other and I thought it was cool. *shrug*

Plus, I mean, marriage is sappy and contrived by definition anyway. :D

My view of it would probably be different if it were more of a cultural thing, and there could be a level of symbolism that I'm not really getting. I'm really romantic but a part of me is sick of 'love as drama' at this particular moment, if that makes any sense, sometimes it seems like people want to like sacrifice themselves on the altar of the other person, and that sort of theme (exaggerated here to try to convey what I'm getting at) doesn't seem that right either, so viewed through whatever particular lens I'm using right now it just seems sort of childish or something. But those are the symbols that have been primed for me, it's not the only way of looking at it I know.

Christopher

Hey there GayGAF.

Like in X and Y? I have one of everything and can trade you a Squirtle if you want :3

Can you please!? Which pokemon would you like!

Also too guys from the damn CRUISE I got a bit chunkier...lost it almost already, I'm telling you those classes and diet are gifts from god.

KiN0

Can you please!? Which pokemon would you like!

Also too guys from the damn CRUISE I got a bit chunkier...lost it almost already, I'm telling you those classes and diet are gifts from god.

I know that feeling. The cruise I went on with my family was a fat farm floating on water.

Haly

Reminds me of China Mieville's The Scar, which had a pair of characters called The Lovers.

Their relationship involved intentionally mirrored scarring on their faces, like so:
scarcover2.jpg

I guess Ratsky's the one on the left.

catmincer

First off: Congrats and good luck! *.*

Next: Why don't you just ask him to marry you? I know the proposal is supposed to be this big, special moment, but if your BF doesn't like something as vital to the experience as a ring, why not just forgo the tradition altogether? Create your own traditions. :)

Yeah, you are probably right!

AHHH that is so sweet!

Get a knife and slice a circle into his ring finger, down to the bone. Scar-ring - viola!

Hnnng that's so cute!

Maybe next time he annoys me ;)

Replicant

So, it's been a while since I tell a tale of my gym encounter but I just had a weird-ass non came-on tonight and I am too weirded out not to say anything. I just moved to this new gym since it's open 24 hours and I can go anytime I like. Tonight, I didn't feel like dealing with busy gym so I decided to come about 7PM instead 5PM. True enough, the gym is quiet with the exception of maybe 5-6 people. So after I finished my main exercises, I decided to go to this corner where there are two *identical* cable machines that can be converted into any kind of exercise you want: tricep, bicep, chest, you name it. Both machines are next to each other so I figured any will do and started using one machine for simple one-arm cable files

This is where the fun began. This guy saw me doing the exercise and all of a sudden when I was in the middle of resting and just stretching my hand, came over and blocked my exit point. I had to scoot around him to get out of the way. He then started dismantling the equipment I was using and put the tricep pulldown bar from the identical machine next to me and start using it on my machine. I thought "WTF?!" and for a brief moment I was gonna lashed out at him until he suddenly stopped doing the pulldown, smiled at me sheepishly and started nodding at me. My "WTF" was doubling at this point and I thought maybe he was being territorial about this stupid machine.

Except that there's one identical machine next to mine and with the tricep pulldown bar already placed in there before he moved it to use on mine. So I just cringe grin and just went about doing my exercise with one cable. But this guy kept looking at me and smiling every now and then until he finally finished his time at the gym and nod at me as he left. WTF GAF? I was really weirded out at this point. Maybe he just wanted to get to know me but wouldn't a "Hi" be a better tact to take? I felt like he went "Me Tarzan, You Jake" before clubbing me with a bat and dragged me to his cave. Metaphorically, of course since he didn't even talk.

Replicant

He obvi wanted it but he should've done a better job showing it.

It was just so sudden. I didn't know what kind of reaction I should make.

why didn't you ask him what he was doing

This, why didn't you say anything?

I guess I was too weirded out to react. And him smiling took me out of my original pissed off mode so I didn't know how to react. Should I be angry at him? Should I be nice to him? Asking him why he chose that machine also seem weird. I just couldn't get a handle on how to deal with him.

Replicant

No one has asked the more relevant question.

was he hot?

LOL.
He's not exactly my type but I suppose he was
. His muscles are definitely way more well-defined than mine. I realized that I probably would have been more receptive if I was more attracted to him. I also realized that my recognition of his hotness was what prevented me from being completely mad at him for acting like a caveman.

7/10? 8/10? Would probably bang him given the right situation and despite not being extremely attracted to him.

So there you have it. Attraction really is a weird thing and can make me act irrationally. Also, I'm vain but I guess I already knew that. :/

lenovox1

He obvi wanted it but he should've done a better job showing it.

Really? 'Cause it reads like the dude did everything but pull out his dick.

Replicant, he'll probably leave you alone after that failed encounter. I think you made it clear what your intentions weren't.

Replicant

Really? 'Cause it reads like the dude did everything but pull out his dick.

Replicant, he'll probably leave you alone after that failed encounter. I think you made it clear what your intentions weren't.

He didn't talk though. Talk is good! I like talking. Just going ahead and grabbing a machine even though I was clearly using it is not exactly a clear intention to me. Talking shows that he's interested in getting to know me.

Mind you, I feel kind of bad now. Maybe I should have said something but oh well, he came out of nowhere.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Anyone that lacking in basic social skills doesn't deserve to be acknowledged, regardless of how attractive they may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom