• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
39bee4f33728e1f54402d858540d373c-weekend-update-high-five.gif

Shut up Rose.

Mumei

I... have never seen Golden Girls, I don't even know what is about. I chose randomly there.

I watched it with Gaborn online on Youtube, mostly. You should still be able to find most of it, I bet. Here's the pilot.

♪ Thank you for being a friend
Travel down the road and back again
Your heart true
You're a pal and a confidante ♪

Mumei

So is it just old women sharing sex stories or what? Are they roomies? Do they go on adventures?

It's a sitcom about four older women (and one of their mothers) and their lives as roommates in a big house in Miami. It sounds like it might be lame, but the characters have great chemistry and the banter is hilarious.

Bladenic

Omg just watched the pilot linked above. So good.

"This old woman was in the mirror, and I didn't recognize her."
"Who was it"

#dead

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
It's a sitcom about four older women (and one of their mothers) and their lives as roommates in a big house in Miami. It sounds like it might be lame, but the characters have great chemistry and the banter is hilarious.

I might watch it then. Is it on Netflix?

Caladrius

I want to wear curly grandma wigs and bounce around in public.

With fluorescent shutter shades of course.

I know this is going to sound ridiculously picky but I feel there's something slightly wrong with his look that makes him unattractive to me :(

I feel the same way about Jack Barrowman.

Mumei

Why wouldn't you watch it in order? Lol

Mmhm.

It's one of those shows where there's not a super-tight continuity in terms of plot, but you can still see the friendships develop over time. There's really no reason not to watch it in order.

Kangi

This show could be so devastating. I just watched the Rose's Birthday scene and I cried like crazy, like literal "buhuhu" reaching for the tissues crying.

That scene is one of the more memorable of the series. Most scenes that are more sympathetic to Rose end up being that way.

Does it matter what order? Is there any serialization?

Watch the first few seasons in order. Past that, it doesn't matter much. GG's biggest downside was its lacking sense of continuity (could never get their backstories straight, minor characters like their children went through several different actors, etc.)

Sai-kun

Banned
So jelly! I hope to go one day, but it's just too far. Maybe one day I can afford to just fly out for it!

Since you're a regular festival goer I need tips on how to get the best experience. And also survive haha :)

Feel free to PM me or whatever and we can chat about it! I fucking looooove festivals. I live for that kind of environment/energy.

This is my festival backpack:

I9jFFAy.jpg

The contents of which are:

Fans
Bandannas
Water bottle
External battery (to charge stuff!)
Extra shirt (sometimes)
Snacks/energy bars
Whatever shirt I was wearing that I eventually remove

Ask for a girl named Molly. She'll hook you up ;)

Never have before, but def want to and plan to.

haha yesss. as long as you stay hydrated and have some gum or other candy to chew on, you're set for a good time.

Lucy too, in appropriate doses, too much of her can be weird.

I may be getting to know her soon. Nervous/excited for it.

There is a youtube channel that has a lot of episodes in HQ I forgot what though. I promised someone I would get some rest so I'll find the link later.
Night guys.

royalan

Golden Girls is by far the greatest ensemble comedy sitcom of all time.

Those old gals had enviable chemistry from episode 1 onward. Simply a masterclass in the genre...

catmincer

So I don't post here much but I need advice and I don't know where else to go.

I want to propose to my other half on our 4 year anniversary (cheesy I know) which is on the 26th of March. However, he hates jewellery so a ring isn't an option. I am not particularly creative so I don't know what to use in lieu of a ring?

He likes food, cats, movies and games. So I suppose if I linked it in with one of those it'd be better? I suck at romantic stuff. :(

I'd love ANY suggestions on what to do instead.

royalan

So I don't post here much but I need advice and I don't know where else to go.

I want to propose to my other half on our 4 year anniversary (cheesy I know) which is on the 26th of March. However, he hates jewellery so a ring isn't an option. I am not particularly creative so I don't know what to use in lieu of a ring?

He likes food, cats, movies and games. So I suppose if I linked it in with one of those it'd be better? I suck at romantic stuff. :(

I'd love ANY suggestions on what to do instead.

First off: Congrats and good luck! *.*

Next: Why don't you just ask him to marry you? I know the proposal is supposed to be this big, special moment, but if your BF doesn't like something as vital to the experience as a ring, why not just forgo the tradition altogether? Create your own traditions. :)

mantidor

I watched it with Gaborn online on Youtube, mostly. You should still be able to find most of it, I bet. Here's the pilot.

♪ Thank you for being a friend
Travel down the road and back again
Your heart true
You're a pal and a confidante ♪

Gaborn... :(

That pilot was really something, it almost seems too ahead of its time.

I can see why I never saw it, back then we only got dubbed sitcoms from the US, and this one is too "bold" (for lack of a better word) for the conservative audiences of Latinamerica.

And now is your fault I didn't get any work done last night :p, I will certainly watch the rest.

Maledict

Regarding proposals, neither I nor my boyfriend wear rings so he came up with something rather ingenious.

Every weekend, I have soup for lunch at least one day. I love soup and bread, have done since a child. Generally eat half a loaf of bread with it at the same time (don't ask!).

So my other half got into the habit of playing practical jokes with my bread. Every Sunday was another game of what the hell was going on.

The bread was frozen then put back in the wrapper.
Every slice was individually taken out, toasted and then put back in.
The bed was replaced with fake plastic bread.
Each slice was hidden around the house on a treasure trail of mystery and adventure.
and a hundred other tales of bread mis-adventure and woe...

So, on the weekend of our anniversary, I go to have my lunch, and my other half had somehow managed to cut his proposal through the loaf so that as you went through it asked "marry me?", each letter in place of a slice of bread.

I'd post a picture but am completely useless at uploading images!

btkadams

Regarding proposals, neither I nor my boyfriend wear rings so he came up with something rather ingenious.

Every weekend, I have soup for lunch at least one day. I love soup and bread, have done since a child. Generally eat half a loaf of bread with it at the same time (don't ask!).

So my other half got into the habit of playing practical jokes with my bread. Every Sunday was another game of what the hell was going on.

The bread was frozen then put back in the wrapper.
Every slice was individually taken out, toasted and then put back in.
The bed was replaced with fake plastic bread.
Each slice was hidden around the house on a treasure trail of mystery and adventure.
and a hundred other tales of bread mis-adventure and woe...

So, on the weekend of our anniversary, I go to have my lunch, and my other half had somehow managed to cut his proposal through the loaf so that as you went through it asked "marry me?", each letter in place of a slice of bread.

I'd post a picture but am completely useless at uploading images!
this is soooooo cute! i hope i can think of something like that if/when i propose to someone.

I never thought Tie-Dyed underwear would look so sexy. I am hypnotized by this tumblr (NSFW): http://tiedyeundies.tumblr.com/ It's mostly pics of models in underwear, but there's the occasional peek on what's underneath.

Most of them are for sale at $35 a pop.... I wish I had discovered this during my underwear-buying-craze :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom