• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's okay, few people even know what I'm talking about to begin with. (Of course I have trouble enunciating consonants correctly so that doesn't help in a real-world setting.

And go crazy with it.

Haha. Your writing is usually pretty dense or compacted, too, to be honest I usually get it if I think about it but there's often an element of 'what?'.

I don't know why I'm still talking about this but I think Buddhism and Taoism are potentially complimentary philosophical systems, I was just thinking about the Tao and I had such an intense appreciation of impermanence. I think Buddhism has the better philosophy or soteriology but it can maybe be inclined too towards the intellectual, Taoism does more with poetic license and inhabiting the body. Like with Buddhism I think I was getting too unbalanced towards the cerebral, my mind was collecting these rigid and burdensome concepts that took on the outline of something fearful. I'm certain that's due to a personal misapprehension, but still.

btkadams

Wanna share a lil bit of my personal life

My ex just admitted that he was cheating on me and fucking another guy when we were together
Why is he telling you this now? Is he wanting to own up to it, or is he rubbing it in your face? That's really horrible, either way.

RM8

Difficulty is okay - not Kirby, but not Dankey Kang. I'm in World 2 so I can't say, but I think IGN said 9 hours. IMO it looks great, I've been taking some screens, I really dig the colors and the 3D. The music is bland but harmless, overall I'm loving it so far.

Caladrius

Haha. Your writing is usually pretty dense or compacted, too, to be honest I usually get it if I think about it but there's often an element of 'what?'.

I don't know why I'm still talking about this but I think Buddhism and Taoism are potentially complimentary philosophical systems, I was just thinking about the Tao and I had such an intense appreciation of impermanence. I think Buddhism has the better philosophy or soteriology but it can maybe be inclined too towards the intellectual, Taoism does more with poetic license and inhabiting the body. Like with Buddhism I think I was getting too unbalanced towards the cerebral, my mind was collecting these rigid and burdensome concepts that took on the outline of something fearful. I'm certain that's due to a personal misapprehension, but still.

I have a habit of overestimating how much context people have on something when I'm talking about it, so I can see why.

Finding something that really resonates with you in a way that stimulates both parts of you is probably one of the hardest things I can imagine someone having to do. A lot of the time what the more instinctual and experience-oriented parts of us want often contradicts what the intellectual and moral aspects are looking for.

I feel kind of the same way with Deism, which resonates with my morals and my ideas about metaphysics, but doesn't really leave anything with an experience to connect to (Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, and something I've gotten by without), but there isn't much of a passion behind it that way.

I have a habit of overestimating how much context people have on something when I'm talking about it, so I can see why.

Finding something that really resonates with you in a way that stimulates both parts of you is probably one of the hardest things I can imagine someone having to do. A lot of the time what the more instinctual and experience-oriented parts of us want often contradicts what the intellectual and moral aspects are looking for.

I feel kind of the same way with Deism, which resonates with my morals and my ideas about metaphysics, but doesn't really leave anything with an experience to connect to (Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, and something I've gotten by without), but there isn't much of a passion behind it that way.

Yeah that seems like it might be it.

Agreed, or even the multi-layered or onion-like aspect of your psyche might lead to conflicting or conflating cues. Like in the case of Buddhism, the cessation of suffering seems like an ideal attainment in general, but for someone that is depressed there might be a greater sense of urgency there even if you understand the philosophical reasons why, because that's coming from your more immediate sense of desperation. Obviously you have to have a lot of your shit already sorted out, and have a pretty pliable and centered psyche to even think about it in a way that's particularly constructive or worthwhile. A desire for annihilation or 'checking out' can masquerade as a desire for nibbana, even when mentally you know they're in no way the same thing :p

Deism is really cool (at one point I identified as a pan[-en]-deist), but I see no reason for not taking up some kind of practice, too! Clearing out the cobwebs through some form of meditation is like the best thing ever imo. A lot of people seem to do it for the general cognitive benefits, but I don't really get that as a powerful motivator personally, or know that much about what those supposed benefits would be. A sense of wellbeing is more important than all of that by my assessment and it's the only thing that has succeeded in keeping me up with it. Prayer is supposed to be really good too, though it works on different brain centres. Supposedly it's more directly attuned to instilling a sense of comfort and bliss (while I guess meditation is more centered on a sense of 'emptiness').

Though I'm not really trying to push anything, but in an either/or proposition of either spiritual practice or spiritual philosophy, practice seems more valuable to me. Thankfully we don't have to choose though :p

daripad

Difficulty is okay - not Kirby, but not Dankey Kang. I'm in World 2 so I can't say, but I think IGN said 9 hours. IMO it looks great, I've been taking some screens, I really dig the colors and the 3D. The music is bland but harmless, overall I'm loving it so far.

Will get it but not right now with me playing Donkey Kong and Kirby coming soon then. I don't want to get burned on platformers even though I love them. 9 hours is decent lenght and I imagine that's if you don't collect everything.

Hey peeps, haven't checked on this thread in a while. Hope everyone's doing well.

Anyway, went to the FFX event tonight. Fangirled my heart out.

UUBlmXk.jpg

Mr. F

Banned
Yes! Keep it [maybe trim it just a tiny little bit], it so fits you. Señor F is lucky!
z15NIuP.gif

tumblr_inline_mmnxs1a2Lf1qz4rgp.gif

He sure is.

My facial hair is super dumb, beard grows in fast but 'stache is super slow and doesn't grow in as thick as the rest. I mask the fact by keeping everything generally stubbly or shaven altogether. It's slowly getting better over time, though.

Alrus

That's a dealbreaker for me :( The music in the original was amazing, then it was absolutely awful in the DS sequel, completely killed the mood for me.

HA HA HA HA HA HA

HA
HAHA

what were all the options if you recall? I'd probably vote for the wedding crash.

I honestly don't remember what the options cut-off from the pic were. I was a bit torn cause they had the Lightning dodging (which you can see in the pic.)

Probably would have chosen "overlooking Zanarkand" or the Makalania Forest kiss if those two precious scenes weren't up.

Wanna share a lil bit of my personal life

My ex just admitted that he was cheating on me and fucking another guy when we were together

As someone who knows exactly how this feels firsthand, I think your ex is absolutely disgusting.. No offense :S. I'm really sorry that happened to you :( nobody deserves that.

sphinx

the piano man
for those of you who go on a date, proceed to have sex but absolutely refuse to take off your shirt while you are at it...

why?

if the answer is "I don't feel comfortable with myself/not happy with my body", you do realize that the guy that is hoping/wanting to have sex with you, IS DYING to look at your naked body and that you are making him go through a very frustrating experience.... right??

btkadams

for those of you who go on a date, proceed to have sex but absolutely refuse to take off your shirt while you are at it...

why?

if the answer is "I don't feel comfortable with myself/not happy with my body", you do realize that the guy that is hoping/wanting to have sex with you, IS DYING to look at your naked body and that you are making him go through a very frustrating experience.... right??
ok, i don't even have a good body and i still take my shirt off during sex. that seems odd.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

why?

Sure, you may by dying to see his naked body, but wouldn't you be disappointed if he had moobs? Better to leave some things a mystery...

sphinx

the piano man
Sure, you may by dying to see his naked body, but wouldn't you be disappointed if he had moobs? Better to leave some things a mystery...

if I am going to bed with a guy that has massive moobs, then that means I want to bury my face in his moobs,

I can't do that if he's wearing a shirt.

in my opinion, not taking off your shirt is very selfish and self-centered. If the guy there is already naked, kissing you and your whole body, I am not sure how else can he provide proof that your body is perfectly o.k for him

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
if I am going to bed with a guy that has massive moobs, then that means I want to bury my face in his moobs,

I can't do that if he's wearing a shirt.

in my opinion, not taking off your shirt is very selfish and self-centered. If the guy there is already naked, kissing you and your whole body, I am not sure how else can he provide proof that your body is perfectly o.k for him

It might be that way for you, but that doesn't mean that's how it is for everybody. Perhaps he had a bad experience in the past, where he took off his shirt and was shot down or laughed at? Now, if you two hooked up on the regular and he continued to leave his shirt on, then I could see it becoming an issue, but if it was just a one time hook up, I don't see the big deal.

Moobs? ;_;

You can see those through the shirt though, so it wouldn't be dissapointing if he has them.

Not if they're small and/or he's wearing layers!

Delio

It might be that way for you, but that doesn't mean that's how it is for everybody. Perhaps he had a bad experience in the past, where he took off his shirt and was shot down or laughed at? Now, if you two hooked up on the regular and he continued to leave his shirt on, then I could see it becoming an issue, but if it was just a one time hook up, I don't see the big deal.

Not if they're small and/or he's wearing layers!

The power of Layers.

sphinx

the piano man
get your head out of your ass.

or maybe you're into that too?

what the hell happened to you, you used to post like a normal guy instead of resorting to cheap insults.

yes, a one time is no big deal or anything.

I'll leave it there, I just think it's sad.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
They made an achievement of dodging 200 lighting bolts.

Yeah, fuck that. I'll wait for my FFXII:I:ZJS HD Remix like I was planning to do. Ya'll guinea pigs are helping me get that.

Mr_Zombie

Speaking of facial hair...

pa7xylrl.jpg

It's been three weeks. :x and ignore my sleepy eyes (i was sleepy)

I like it, i generally am against growing it, but i think im going to stick with it for awhile longer. Probably until i graduate lol

You look good, and a lot more mature here. :D
Keep it.

why?

Why didn't you simply ask him? That would be a valid question because keeping your shirt on during sex (I assume he took everything else off) is a rather strange thing to do.

what the hell happened to you, you used to post like a normal guy instead of resorting to cheap insults.

You inflected this strange seriousness on it (that it's particularly selfish), while you never bothered to ask him why or what his reasoning was? I think Dany was unnecessarily harsh, but I get annoyed at silliness all the time, and I think this line of thought of yours is silly.

Edit for the sake of clarification: Maybe it is selfish, but is it very selfish? It just seems like you're being pretty dramatic about it and unwilling to separate yourself from your vantage point.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

If Square was smart and wanted my money they'd do FF:XII:I:ZJS HD.

Too bad for them. Last thing I bought from them was Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together's portable port.
Still have to play that

What if I just want x not x 2? Can't do it?

Someone may be selling their portable version since X is on cart and X-2 is a digital for the PSP2. You'd have to check eBay if you were going that route and owned the PSP2...

Edit: Oh, misread. But the point still is there: If you have Sony's handheld, get the cart/digital download of X and then sell X-2 if you went Cart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom