• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kater

Banned
The new Macbook is...

GG3A5687-1024x682.jpg

...um. Eh. Just eh.

DOWN

Banned
I can't handle PC. I want it, but it's last on my tech list. I'd own iPhone, iPad, a couple of HDTVs, a MacBook replacement for my Pro, an iMac, an Apple a Watch, add a Wii U to all the Sony and MS consoles, take 5 vacations, and then get a PC if there's money to blow. I like the graphics (I'm a graphics whore and am thankful stuff like Driveclub and The Order are around to satisfy me or else I'd be clawing for PC) but I'm into that no mess home theater TV life that consoles live and die by. So far I've just got the Sony and MS consoles and TVs for 'em, my phone and iPad, and the MacBook Pro. So PC isn't foreseeable.

Also my friend who is like-minded with me in many ways but had switched to PC just decided to ditch it. He thinks they are never as easy as people claim, especially compared to consoles, so he's sticking with his ps4 and selling his PC parts. That kind of made me even less interested in PC.

RM8

I'm actually a reverse graphics whore, lol. It's just that precisely because of that, there's no way my current PC can play upcoming stuff I just need to play (mostly Street Fighter V) so instead of buying a less beefy PC + a PS4, it actually makes more sense for me to buy the Alienware this time. For the most part I'll under-utilize it by playing indies and other toaster-friendly games :p

Kinsei

Banned
I can't handle PC. I want it, but it's last on my tech list. I'd own iPhone, iPad, a couple of HDTVs, a MacBook replacement for my Pro, an iMac, an Apple a Watch, add a Wii U to all the Sony and MS consoles, take 5 vacations, and then get a PC if there's money to blow. I like the graphics (I'm a graphics whore and am thankful stuff like Driveclub and The Order are around to satisfy me or else I'd be clawing for PC) but I'm into that no mess home theater TV life that consoles live and die by. So far I've just got the Sony and MS consoles and TVs for 'em, my phone and iPad, and the MacBook Pro. So PC isn't foreseeable.

Also my friend who is like-minded with me in many ways but had switched to PC just decided to ditch it. He thinks they are never as easy as people claim, especially compared to consoles, so he's sticking with his ps4 and selling his PC parts. That kind of made me even less interested in PC.

My PC is pretty essential to my life. I don't have a phone or tablet so it's my only connection to the outside world.

esms

I've honestly encountered a lot of problems with my gaming PC, so much so that it's remained in a coma for the past couple of months because I haven't found the time to fix it yet. Probably because I'm a first time builder.

Some people enjoy the tinkering, and I do, but you have to be prepared for it if shit goes down. If you're not wired like that, I wouldn't recommend it.

RM8

I've never built a gaming PC :p my current pre-built PC has never been problematic, really. And it's pretty cool playing with any controller out there, free online, super cheap games, etc.

Kinsei

Banned
I've never built a gaming PC :p my current pre-built PC has never been problematic, really. And it's pretty cool playing with any controller out there, free online, super cheap games, etc.

You should try it some time. It ends up being cheaper in the long run and if I can do it anyone can.

I've honestly encountered a lot of problems with my gaming PC, so much so that it's remained in a coma for the past couple of months because I haven't found the time to fix it yet. Probably because I'm a first time builder.

Some people enjoy the tinkering, and I do, but you have to be prepared for it if shit goes down. If you're not wired like that, I wouldn't recommend it.
What's wrong with it and how did you build it?

DOWN

Banned
EDIT: Damn, I forgot I think Windows is rather uninteresting. I find OS X to be a pleasure. My parents have a PC and my mother ditched it for iPad full time. I don't enjoy Windows.

You should try it some time. It ends up being cheaper in the long run and if I can do it anyone can.
Cheaper depends on your graphical requirements, and for me to consider PC worth the effort over consoles, it would take a a package of significant graphical boost and significant money.

Kinsei

Banned
Cheaper depends on your graphical requirements, and for me to consider PC worth the effort over consoles, it would take a a package of significant graphical boost and significant money.

I just meant cheaper than a pre-built with the same parts he would want in it.

RM8

The thing with my current PC is that I didn't intend it to be a gaming PC at all. I bought it back in 2011, and then I discovered it was able to play "console" games, and I became a PC gamer :p It's awesome and now I don't think I'll ever cease being one. Then as this PC gets less and less capable to run newer games, I had been wanting to build my first PC gaming, but I'm going to be ~6 months out of home later this year, and I need something I can take with me easily. A PC tower is not that, while the Alienware Alpha is pretty much Wii-sized and there's no way to build something that small. So once more I'll be paying for the form factor.

Oh gosh :3

esms

What's wrong with it and how did you build it?

It's experiencing a weird random crash into boot loop. Haven't found the time to isolate it as a hardware or software issue.

I built it two and a half years ago, so I figure that's pretty good for my first PC, haha.

Kater

Banned
Well, what do you need a Macbook for, anyway?

I don't think you can really use it for heavy designer programs or anything so it''s basically a glorified Skype machine, no? :/

The thing with my current PC is that I didn't intend it to be a gaming PC at all. I bought it back in 2011, and then I discovered it was able to play "console" games, and I became a PC gamer :p It's awesome and now I don't think I'll ever cease being one. Then as this PC gets less and less capable to run newer games, I had been wanting to build my first PC gaming, but I'm going to be ~6 months out of home later this year, and I need something I can take with me easily. A PC tower is not that, while the Alienware Alpha is pretty much Wii-sized and there's no way to build something that small. So once more I'll be paying for the form factor.

Oh gosh :3
That's Alienware? :O
Needs more spikes and other sharp edges. And more lights. :p

DOWN

Banned
Well, what do you need a Macbook for, anyway?

I don't think you can really use it for heavy designer programs or anything so it''s basically a glorified Skype machine, no? :/

I am a glorified Skype machine (I use Photoshop for stills editing, but it's not that demanding or frequent these days). So yeah, I'm in a position to buy into maximum design and portability lust over raw power.

I bought a decked out MacBook Pro in 2011 and realized it almost never kicks on the discrete graphics switching. It can play some Steam stuff I wanted on max, but then I realized I don't feel like playing them as much as a good ol' AAA console backlog on my TV with no assembly required. I want to replace this 5.6 pound inch-thick slab of beauty with the next big thing that's really easy to carry around if I want to. I'll miss that luxury car door seal when I hear it close, but not enough.

I am a glorified Skype machine (I use Photoshop for stills editing, but it's not that demanding or frequent these days). So yeah, I'm in a position to buy into maximum design and portability lust over raw power.

I bought a decked out MacBook Pro in 2011 and realized it almost never kicks on the discrete graphics switching. It can play some Steam stuff I wanted on max, but then I realized I don't feel like playing them as much as a good ol' AAA console backlog on my TV with no assembly required. I want to replace this 5.6 pound inch-thick slab of beauty with the next big thing that's really easy to carry around if I want to. I'll miss that luxury car door seal when I hear it close, but not enough.

Is that anything like being a love machine?

Kater

Banned

You don't have to build PCs yourself though. Just buy a ready-to-boot PC without Windows, install some Linux OS, bam.

Lol, I know! When I think of gaming PCs I think of stuff like this:

ibuypower-chimera-edition-gaming-pc-20090806032051846.jpg

Who exactly is supposed to find that appealing? :x
You are doing it wrong. :p

TlASlQC.jpg

This is what PC gaming is all about. ^

Kater

Banned
That's more monitors than you could need for gaming.
Well, one monitor is there to watch Twitch streams, the other for programs like Skype or VLC to listen to music and the middle one is there to play games. My cousin has the exact same setup. It's heavenly.

#pcgaming
I just started playing Dota 2 so this is kinda intimidating. I wonder how long it will take me to get on a level with all you experienced players. :x

I know we don't always say this that often but I appreciate you guys (and gals). ALL of you. I get a real sense of community with everyone on LettersGaf. I know that without you guys, I wouldn't have anyone lgbt to talk to in my life. We may not always agree but I'd like to think that if somethings going wrong in one of our lives that we'd all be here for one another and that warms my heart.

Hugs to everyone on LettersGaf.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I know we don't always say this that often but I appreciate you guys (and gals). ALL of you. I get a real sense of community with everyone on LettersGaf. I know that without you guys, I wouldn't have anyone lgbt to talk to in my life. We may not always agree but I'd like to think that if somethings going wrong in one of our lives that we'd all be here for one another and that warms my heart.

thx hanch

Awww Hanch. *hugs to you too buddy*
Even though we may disagree on stuff, I still appreciate you. <3

Kevyt

My PC is pretty essential to my life. I don't have a phone or tablet so it's my only connection to the outside world.

Same here. My pc is everything to me as far as my connection to the digital world. My cellphone too but it's not the same.

Building a pc is like building legos.

Lol, I know! When I think of gaming PCs I think of stuff like this:

ibuypower-chimera-edition-gaming-pc-20090806032051846.jpg

Who exactly is supposed to find that appealing? :x

I find it appealing.

Virgins, teenagers, teenage virgins.

My friend finds it appealing and he's not a virgin or a teenager.

You don't have to build PCs yourself though. Just buy a ready-to-boot PC without Windows, install some Linux OS, bam.

TlASlQC.jpg

Eyefinity though.

Hey now. Some of us virgins have taste.

That's more monitors than you could need for gaming.

Not really. You could use eyefinity.

PC gaming is the best. This is coming from someone who's a hardcore PlayStation fan. Seriously, I'm a Sony fanboy to death but I love PC gaming more. I made the switch last summer and I don't regret it. I had a PS one, PS3 slim, psp, ps vita, and the PS4. I sold them all, and upgraded my PC. I'm glad I did because those steam sales are something else, not to mention pc only titles like Civ V that I was missing out on. Mods just make games so much better, give them more replay value etc... I also got easily hooked up on numbers, you know benchmarks, overclocking your cpu, gpu, menory, seeing an increase in FPS even if it's two frames lol. All of that just makes PC gaming more fun. I can understand that this is definitely not for everyone, but everyone should give it a try. I was skeptical at first. I thought PC gaming was overwhelming. However I realize that you get much better experience than you do on a console. That's a fact.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I've never actually played a MOBA. At this point they seem impenetrable for newbies.
Heroes of the Storm is pretty friendly, even more so than League. If you ever get into the beta for that you should give it a whirl. Or just wait until open beta!

Kinsei

Banned

Hugs back.

I'm in the same boat in regards to not having anyone LGBT to talk to. Honestly y'all are probably the only thing keeping me sane.

Alrus

The new Apple watch is so incredibly ugly, I feel bad for the insane people who will spend over 10 grand on one... I also still don't understand the point of smart watches.

TlASlQC.jpg

Kind of ironic to have Destiny posters next to such a setup :p

Kevyt

Linus!! <3

I have the biggest neediest crush on him. I could hear him talk all day.... too bad he's married. I:

Thanks henchmen! I feel the same. I appreciate so much each and all of you. Though I used to think you were weird and now... I still think you're weird. However, you're awesomely weird. :)

:p

Linus!! <3

I have the biggest neediest crush on him. I could hear him talk all day.... too bad he's married. I:

Thanks henchmen! I feel the same. I appreciate so much each and all of you. Though I used to think you're weird and now... I still think you're weird. However, you're awesomely weird. :)

:p

His parents named him after a character from Charlie Brown?

RM8

PC gaming is the best. This is coming from someone who's a hardcore PlayStation fan. Seriously, I'm a Sony fanboy to death but I love PC gaming more. I made the switch last summer and I don't regret it. I had a PS one, PS3 slim, psp, ps vita, and the PS4. I sold them all, and upgraded my PC. I'm glad I did because those steam sales are something else, not to mention pc only titles like Civ V that I was missing out on. Mods just make games so much better, give them more replay value etc... I also got easily hooked up on numbers, you know benchmarks, overclocking your cpu, gpu, menory, seeing an increase in FPS even if it's two frames lol. All of that just makes PC gaming more fun. I can understand that this is definitely not for everyone, but everyone should give it a try. I was skeptical at first. I thought PC gaming was overwhelming. However I realize that you get much better experience than you do on a console. That's a fact.
It didn't make me sell my consoles, but well, I still don't own a PS4 and I doubt I will until it's cheaper and it gets an exclusive I really want to play. So the appeal of consoles indeed took a big hit for me after going PC. Still, handhelds >>>>>> PC, 3DS remains my favorite current platform :p And I love my WiiU, I can't really play Mario Kart 8 or TW101 on PC.

Cheap games, PC exclusives, using any controller I want, free online, never worrying about backwards compatibility again. PC <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom