• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOWN

Banned
You know what? Fuck it, I'm doing it (the IBQ) today, because you guys seem decent and it's difficult to even type it out but I just I mean it's hard and it's surprising that this thread is how it is but this might be the one place someone understands and can empathize instead of shunning and being ridiculed and excluded and

I'm queer. There, I said it.
Glad to have you in the thread :)

EDIT: Top of page- ALEX MANNING
AzhtVnR.jpg

HUELEN10

I just hope after my write-up, you guys will still be as welcoming. I gotta go (13 hours of work/school ahead), but I will be back, and I will be thorough. I think it's high-time I did this already.

mantidor

I just hope after my write-up, you guys will still be as welcoming. I gotta go (13 hours of work/school ahead), but I will be back, and I will be thorough. I think it's high-time I did this already.

Why wouldn't we?
you are not like... a criminal or something, are you? D:

DOWN

Banned
The Q in the title is for you to know you're welcome for as long as it suits you. Best of luck

Dany

Banned
You know what? Fuck it, I'm doing it (the IBQ) today, because you guys seem decent and it's difficult to even type it out but I just I mean it's hard and it's surprising that this thread is how it is but this might be the one place someone understands and can empathize instead of shunning and being ridiculed and excluded and

Yay. :D
1367245037_dawnjoan.gif

HylianTom

Banned
I've decided to try and see if being more active will help me keep my mind off of things while I look for a new job. I'm gonna go for a 3 mile jog tomorrow. I've walked it plenty of times, so I don't think I'll be overdoing it.
Yes! Now I'm jealous of you.. you definitely have more motivation than I. Wish I had the willpower to go running again.

My folks were incredibly homophobic. Dad was one of those guys who would say that gay men should be shot or string-up. Mom was a bit less extreme, but her comments about gay men were "a waste" and her lispy imitations of "sissies" still stung. So I can definitely relate to the hopelessness. I'm glad you're sticking around!

And to the snowstormers here: I am envious. Lucky folks. Stay warm!

Well, welcome HUELEN! :)
Always glad to see some new faces around here.
Stuck around, you're always welcome here. :)

hey! :D stick around and post about your stuff, we'll listen.

Well, I guess I can join:

Your gender? Male.
Your sexual orientation? Gay.
Where Are You From? [Classified] (but not that hard to guess)
Where Do You Live? [Classified]
How Old Are you? 26
Favorite Type of Music? I don't have one. I can listen to rock, pop, classical music, video game musics, RNB, house, dance, rave music and other things. Though, I don't really like rap. I love Yoko Kanno compositions.
Profession or Career interest? [Classified]
Favorite video game(s)? Suikoden II, Secret of Mana, Monster Hunter (series), Ace Attorney (series), The Legend of Zelda (series), Fire Emblem (series), Final Fantasy V.
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Spending way too much on the internet, hanging out with friends, writing insanely long messages about things I care about, writing video game guides.
hey there :)

Does anyone here have a Hobonichi? I ordered a Mother 2 cover but they were sold out of the English planner. Going to order it as soon as they have them available.

Kevyt

Hypothetically speaking, wouldn't someone hypothetically in the closet hypothetically come out by doing the IBQ?

Hypothetically speaking that is; just curious how thread etiquette would apply to someone In this position.

Hypothetically

You don't have to answer every question in the IBQ, in fact you don't have to fill out at all. It's all up to you. Welcome to the community, I hope you're here to stay. :)

Since it's my first post in the GayGAF thread in a long ass time, might as well do those introduction questions.

Your gender? Male
Your sexual orientation? Gay
Where Are You From? Ontario, Canada
Where Do You Live? Manitoba, Canada
How Old Are you? 21
Favorite Type of Music? Indie pop or rock; anything with quality vocals really.
Profession or Career interest? I'm planning to go to school for computer science, but I also want to learn 3D modeling and animation on my spare time if I can muster the energy.
Favorite video game(s)? Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Persona, Minecraft, Ace Attorney, and loads of niche RPGs and visual novels.
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Don't really have many hobbies anymore beyond loving music and playing games. Working to save money ends up making me too exhausted to do anything else.

Welcome back! Wow Manitoba is on a roll! There's quite a few members in here from Manitoba. The Skype chat has been very active as of recently.

Well, I guess I can join:

Your gender? Male.
Your sexual orientation? Gay.
Where Are You From? [Classified] (but not that hard to guess)
Where Do You Live? [Classified]
How Old Are you? 26
Favorite Type of Music? I don't have one. I can listen to rock, pop, classical music, video game musics, RNB, house, dance, rave music and other things. Though, I don't really like rap. I love Yoko Kanno compositions.
Profession or Career interest? [Classified]
Favorite video game(s)? Suikoden II, Secret of Mana, Monster Hunter (series), Ace Attorney (series), The Legend of Zelda (series), Fire Emblem (series), Final Fantasy V.
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Spending way too much on the internet, hanging out with friends, writing insanely long messages about things I care about, writing video game guides.

Classified Kingpin edition? Oh myy... sorry the classified parts reminded me of EVGA's flagship cards, lol. Welcome! I know you're not new but still, welcome! ^.^

Welcome back!! Don't you be getting banned... >.>

Ahasverus

Welcome back!! Don't you be getting banned... >.>
Hahaha I'll try, save me guys :3

Welp, I didn't introduce myself.

Your gender? Male.
Your sexual orientation? 4 kinsley.
Where Are You From? Where your new Miss Universe is from :D
Where Do You Live? Manizales, a city on top of the andes chain, where your morning coffe comes from. Hoping to live in the States after graduation!
How Old Are you? Almost 23
Favorite Type of Music? Sountrack style/Symphonic rock/textured rock (not a fan of he traditional 2 guitars/bass/drums). I'm a popper by heart still, as a music collector I have many genres as influences just not... country and hip hop... and corridos... and cantina music.
Profession or Career interest? 2 years shy of being an Industrial Engineer.
Favorite video game(s)? My favorite game series are Castlevania and Legacy of Kain. They're both dead now so I enjoy my GTAs and Batmans and stuff. I finished Dark Souls 2 this week and got converted.
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? I was an orchestra musician for 10 years, arranger and composer. These days I abandoned music to focus on my carreer and I'm a member of the National Industrial Engineering Associaction where I attend and arrange conventions, conferences and academic/social events. I like to do (very light) gym and enjoy reading of all subjects.. on small doses (not a book fan, but love talking with book fans).

Kinsei

Banned
That was harder than I thought it would be. I ended up having to run half and then walk half. Next time I think I should listen to some music to distract em from how tired I become.

I'm starting to feel a bit better.

Rayis

I used to be on the Skype chat but then it died or I got kicked out, idk what, do you guys ever have calls there?

Kater

Banned
That was harder than I thought it would be. I ended up having to run half and then walk half. Next time I think I should listen to some music to distract em from how tired I become.

Good to hear that you are feeling better now, Kinsei. :)

Dany

Banned

Music really helps a lot on a jog, so does singing it aloud like a moron (im that guy)

Mr_Zombie

Good to see that you're better :)

If you haven't run before and are just starting, there are a lot of "run your first 5km" training plans around the Internet. Basically, don't push yourself to run 5km from the beginning. Start from lower distance and increase it with time or do intervals: run for X minutes, walk for Y minutes and repeat.

And yes, listening to music or audiobooks helps a lot, because you can focus on music. But remember to be safe if you run near traffic or other pedestrians - you still want to hear everything that's going on around you.

Kater

Banned
Music really helps a lot on a jog, so does singing it aloud like a moron (im that guy)
Oh, you sing along to the music when you are outside? I do that too. It's really relaxing, just humming and (quietly) singing along to some catchy tune.

HylianTom

Banned

I'd do the same thing. Run a little - walk while gasping (I'm mildly asthmatic) - run a bit more - gasp a bit more, maybe puff on the inhaler..

But instead of music, I'm one of those weirdos who would listen to podcasts while exercising.

Awesome to see that you're feeling a bit better!

I used to be on the Skype chat but then it died or I got kicked out, idk what, do you guys ever have calls there?

The Skype chat is still going on. We just sometimes abandon rooms for one reason or another.

It's mostly just text, but we do video chats occasionally. PM me if you want to join.

Ahasverus

so what happened?

jk <3 u
i don't have any pictures for when i was 16, but this will do, i basically look 12.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd...._=1432649285_b2b2bab8cdf5e979be3190f4ee52f2dc
Haha oh those years. Like a fine wine.

This is me at 16 at my high school graduation. I haven't changed that much haha.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/p417x417/206648_1080137321409_46_n.jpg?oh=4dd0eaa90b0378fe75ccbdf5baa8041f&oe=55597F1B&__gda__=1432152229_ce78cdc199dfaff86feee05f755965dd

Edit: Oh I found a better one. I think I'm already 17 by this time, but I do look like a child. My first college year, oh how I wish to go back
and pick a different major haha
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/1915548_1216955941789_8240727_n.jpg?oh=b7d444a519478ee5ec274c5ddade1788&oe=5522DABA&__gda__=1433147813_c5a053f318cabee7e071e2d5a940c6eb

Sai-kun

Banned
Oh, you sing along to the music when you are outside? I do that too. It's really relaxing, just humming and (quietly) singing along to some catchy tune.

I'm the idiot who dances on the corner while waiting for a light to change colors.

And the drummer in me will never die because I constantly play air drums *_*

Can't wait for it to get warmer so it's fun to go outside again. Hate running at the gym.

Kater

Banned
I'm the idiot who dances on the corner while waiting for a light to change colors.

Can't wait for it to get warmer so it's fun to go outside again. Hate running at the gym.
Aw, that sounds just so adorable, imagining you dancing in the corner of the street. :D

I do some light parkour (free running) sometimes when I listen to rock, people give me a lot of odd looks. :p

I do it in the car too.
So much fun rocking out to music.
When I'm on the treadmill, I rock out too. Its just plain fun.

btkadams

Miss you guys! I really hate how my work blocked NeoGAF this past year.

I went to see Death From Above 1979 last night and it was like I was in a cub/bear convention. So many beauties.

But seriously fuck event organizers for doing shows on Sunday nights... I'm so tired at work today.

Jezan

When I'm running, somehow I always end up running to the beat of the music, which means I run either too fast or the music limits me to a rhythimic walk(lol). And then I start singing and I end up winded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom