• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yrael

Thanks everyone!

My mother really surprised me, she spent her free time at work looking things up, she got into contact with a trans person in the community (anonymously), and she knows a trans woman through work and said she'll set up a meeting between us if I ask.

I also came out to my boss, because I trust him a lot, and he's gay so I thought he would have information about local LGBT groups. Unfortunately we didn't get much time to talk privately because of how busy it was today, but judging from his reaction I think I made a good choice.

It feels like my life has done a complete 180 in less than a day. This is the first time I've ever cried because I was happy.

What great news - I'm really happy for you. :)

Xaltheron

I can only say that this has been one d the worst months I've ever had. March has always been bad for me, except for last year.

If Kinsei's situation proves anything, it's that there's always light at the end of the tunnel, no matter how dark. We all just gotta hang in there, things will get better ;)

TORN. Found out my straight crush is actually gay and I got super excited only to find out that he has a boyfriend.

Like what the fuck is this cruel ass joke. At least I can sleep easy at night knowing he's sucking a dick every week.

Maybe he's into threesomes.

I feel your pain. Even worse when he likes to tell you how awesome his bf is in bed >.<

daripad

If Kinsei's situation proves anything, it's that there's always light at the end of the tunnel, no matter how dark. We all just gotta hang in there, things will get better ;)

Speaking of coming out, I'm now worried because my father hasn't mentioned the topic ever sine I came out to him. It smells like he's pretending that it never happened and I definitely don't want that because it would mean that I would have to come out to him again but at the same time I don't want to talk about it simply because I'm tired and I don't want another argument between us.

Jezan

Speaking of coming out, I'm now worried because my father hasn't mentioned the topic ever sine I came out to him. It smells like he's pretending that it never happened and I definitely don't want that because it would mean that I would have to come out to him again but at the same time I don't want to talk about it simply because I'm tired and I don't want another argument between us.
If it is helpful. When I came out to my dad (it was 3 years ago) he was very angry, he didn't accept it, he said he never wanted to hear anything about it again, he even said he never wanted to see me have a relationship with a boy. I kinda knew he would react that way, in my mind I pictured the coming out more dramatic and maybe violent, in the end he is a super mexican macho dad so I was not expecting to survive that encounter without traumas :p

I didn't say anything for like a year until he started talking about it casually and now we reached a point where he is more actively looking for a bf for me than I worry about my basic needs.
I have a question. If someone finds both guys and girls attractive, but does not desire sexual relations with either gender, what are they defined as? Bisexual? Asexual?
Some people call it semisexual, but I'm not sure. Looking for a source.
Maybe this can help a little:Huffpost infograph

To me, bisexuality isn't about being sexually attracted to someone. You can be attracted to someone and not want sex with them. The definition above is wrong. So wrong. To the point it angers me.
I'm not sure I understand the issue. I don't think 'sexual attraction' is just attraction to the point of wanting to have sex. Or did I misunderstand?

Since the example was finding people attractive and not wanting to have sex with them, I agree it isn't necessarily on the x-romantic scale, but it could 'bi-attracted' (perhaps relating to aesthetics).

Symphonia

Banned
I'm not sure I understand the issue. I don't think 'sexual attraction' is just attraction to the point of wanting to have sex. Or did I misunderstand?

Since the example was finding people attractive and not wanting to have sex with them, I agree it isn't necessarily on the x-romantic scale, but it could 'bi-attracted' (perhaps relating to aesthetics).
The definition above defined bisexuality as being sexually attracted to someone. It doesn't say anything else, other than that. The way it defined it makes it sound like it all comes down to sex.

The definition above defined bisexuality as being sexually attracted to someone. It doesn't say anything else, other than that. The way it defined it makes it sound like it all comes down to sex.
I see. For most of us the sexual attraction and romantic attraction line up so just saying 'bisexual' means being biromantic and bisexual and so such a definition could be insulting.

I don't think it implies that bisexuals are just about sex though, it's just that bisexuals can be biromantic or heteroromantic or homoromantic etc. This talks more strictly to separate elements of sexuality to talk about the different elements specifically. Using the overall labels (___sexual) in this sense can be a problem I hadn't thought about before, I guess.

Xaltheron

I wouldn't worry about coming out to him again, even if he is pretending it never happened it's not something he's actually going to forget, so there's no need to.
And like Jezan said, best case scenario; he changes his mind over time. Some parents just find it easier to accept after they have taken some time to think about it.

Whatever the outcome, you've done everything you can, it's in his hands now.

Kevyt

I don't think you have to come out to him again. You already told him, you've done your part. Now he has to do his. Give him more time, he's in denial most likely. I wouldn't bring up the topic again though. He already knows he just can't accept it for the time being, once again it's a state of denial.

If it is helpful. When I came out to my dad (it was 3 years ago) he was very angry, he didn't accept it, he said he never wanted to hear anything about it again, he even said he never wanted to see me have a relationship with a boy. I kinda knew he would react that way, in my mind I pictured the coming out more dramatic and maybe violent, in the end he is a super mexican macho dad so I was not expecting to survive that encounter without traumas :p

I didn't say anything for like a year until he started talking about it casually and now we reached a point where he is more actively looking for a bf for me than I worry about my basic needs.

Some people call it semisexual, but I'm not sure. Looking for a source.
Maybe this can help a little:Huffpost infograph

Your dad is looking for a bf for you? O:

What a turn of events, lol.

I guess Tim Cook is arguably the most powerful openly gay businessperson in the world and he's leaving his fortune to charity so that's nice. He's had a positive, if less defining image at Apple compared to Jobs. http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1018558

Some of the posts there are just ugh... "why can't he give away all his money at once?" It doesn't work that way, lol.

Tim Cook is a great CEO, the only reason why I still like Apple. He's a great role model for the LGBTQIA+ community.

Bladenic

Have any of you seen the movie Jorgens (translated title Boys) on Netflix? I watched it yesterday and it made me get all the feels in many ways. Wish it was a bit longer but it's a great movie.

Kevyt

Have any of you seen the movie Jorgens (translated title Boys) on Netflix? I watched it yesterday and it made me get all the feels in many ways. Wish it was a bit longer but it's a great movie.

I've seen it. It's great, it made me cry... lol

Great film, definitely something fresh from the other films I've seen.

I too wish it was longer.

mantidor

Pec flexing makes me all hot and bothered since I have memory D: it was basically the thing that made me realize I was gay since age 6.

Edut: also that gif probably consumed all my data plan D: it was worth it.

Caladrius

Well, the dude is taken and seems to be hetero. Tagged along with him for the first time out from class, mentioned having a girlfriend.

This spear-fishing thing isn't working out for me yet I still keep trying it like a desperate dumbass.

I should have known better but can't help but be disappointed anyway.

What the hell is wrong with me such that I feel compelled to keep on doing this.

Thanks everyone!

My mother really surprised me, she spent her free time at work looking things up, she got into contact with a trans person in the community (anonymously), and she knows a trans woman through work and said she'll set up a meeting between us if I ask.

I also came out to my boss, because I trust him a lot, and he's gay so I thought he would have information about local LGBT groups. Unfortunately we didn't get much time to talk privately because of how busy it was today, but judging from his reaction I think I made a good choice.

It feels like my life has done a complete 180 in less than a day. This is the first time I've ever cried because I was happy.

That's lovely to hear. Now take this as your chance to seize every day.

As others have said,he's going to take time to actually process it. Either way, just try to keep working on getting out on your own.

fernoca

Really liked 'Boys/Jongens' too. Watched it last week. Liked Marc as a character too.

And yep, really liked 'The Way He Looks'. The original short was...too short for ne. Thos one uses the same premise with a few slight changes, but expands the characters and the situations. Also wish it lasted more, but it felt...right and well paced.

I have a question. If someone finds both guys and girls attractive, but does not desire sexual relations with either gender, what are they defined as? Bisexual? Asexual?

I think you could identify as such, either Bi, or Asexual, Biromantical Asexual or semisexual as others have said but at the end of the how you define yourself and how you feel is labeled as you see fit i believe. Labels are real because we put social constructs on them and people will treat others differently because of how one identifies, but personally not exactly socially you can find some liberation and fun out of just defining who you are

Idk if anyone has posted this project before but its really interesting. The Identity project created by a SF based photographer. Here is their instagram
I think its an interesting way of embracing the realities of labels while embracing your own self. idk its a thought. And maybe this will be interesting or useful for the rest of the thread.

Edit:
I dont think you have to worry dari this is all new for the both of you especially him, Just give him some time, You already did so much and was brave of you to do, he will have to talk to you about it again. Even if he were to be pretending it didnt happen he knows what happened and that wont change. Some people have different ways of accepting things that are new to them. Just give things some time and keep us informed :)

Kevyt

Morning all

Wink,wink,nudge,nudge

Good day to you sir!

Yes, and that too I wish was longer... lol :p

Well, the dude is taken and seems to be hetero. Tagged along with him for the first time out from class, mentioned having a girlfriend.

This spear-fishing thing isn't working out for me yet I still keep trying it like a desperate dumbass.

What the hell is wrong with me such that I feel compelled to keep on doing this.

Don't worry, there are many other guys out there I'm sure. Ah yes, that feeling of disappointment. I:

That's lovely to hear. Now take this as your chance to seize every day.

As others have said,he's going to take time to actually process it. Either way, just try to keep working on getting out on your own.

What if he's not straight. What if he's bi but has a GF.

bigkrev

What if he's not straight. What if he's bi but has a GF.

Yeah!
Never-Give-Up-john-cena-16968874-800-600.jpg

Kaiser_Glider

Neo Member
I think I got rejected today too. :(
Just gonna go home now and lie down. Sigh.

That sucks, but it happens. Can't be successful without trying I guess, being rejected is part of the process.

I wish I could find a cute guy that likes me back though. Usually the guys that are attracted to me, well I don't feel the same way about them, and that can certainly be stressful. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom