• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone!

My mother really surprised me, she spent her free time at work looking things up, she got into contact with a trans person in the community (anonymously), and she knows a trans woman through work and said she'll set up a meeting between us if I ask.

I also came out to my boss, because I trust him a lot, and he's gay so I thought he would have information about local LGBT groups. Unfortunately we didn't get much time to talk privately because of how busy it was today, but judging from his reaction I think I made a good choice.

It feels like my life has done a complete 180 in less than a day. This is the first time I've ever cried because I was happy.
This is really good to hear :") I hope good things continue happening Kinsei!

Caladrius

Don't worry, there are many other guys out there I'm sure. Ah yes, that feeling of disappointment. I:

Thanks. Just a pity there's so many wonderful individuals you meet that can be found nowhere else. Though that does make the one you eventually do find that much more special.

What if he's not straight. What if he's bi but has a GF.

Yeah!
Never-Give-Up-john-cena-16968874-800-600.jpg

This is true. It's not healthy to hold onto the prospect though, especially considering that it's not very likely (the sexuality part at least, his relationship seems strained from what little he told me) so I'll just push it to the back of my head.

Even if it could happen, I suppose there's still stuff I need to work on before I should be in a relationship

Thanks for the encouragement.

I think I got rejected today too. :(
Just gonna go home now and lie down. Sigh.

Oi, sorry lad. Don't lose hope though. These things can take a long time.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I met up with a local metalworker/craftperson yesterday to finalize our rings and put the order in. Should be in my hands around the time we come back from our LA trip towards the end of April. Eek.

I met up with a local metalworker/craftperson yesterday to finalize our rings and put the order in. Should be in my hands around the time we come back from our LA trip towards the end of April. Eek.

Cosmic Bus, I can't express how happy I am for how you're handling life right now. I remember how you were and felt all those years ago, and the difference is day and night. You've accomplished so many things you used to think were impossible for yourself.

Just wanted you to know.

Cosmic Bus, I can't express how happy I am for how you're handling life right now. I remember how you were and felt all those years ago, and the difference is day and night. You've accomplished so many things you used to think were impossible for yourself.

Just wanted you to know.

Seconded.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow

Just wanted you to know.

It's all pretty surreal when I stop to think about the changes and improvements that have happened over the last 5 years - that's why I try not to contemplate the past too much, hah. ;) I wouldn't imagine it any differently, though, because all of it helped lead to this.

fernoca

Yep! Remember Cosmic all this years
and his apron! :p
, glad how things are turning out...and hopefully will just get better.

It also gives hope to us geriatric 33 years old!!! :p

In out of nowhere, probably leading to nothing news...

I sent a message to someone on Facebook! Nothing biggie, since I tend to send messages more than friend requests. But it was because of a coincidence: he was a suggestion from Facebook and was the same guy that works at a Gamestop I went today. So tried to be as normals as possible and mostly ralked about that coincidence. Not expecting a reply since I know nany just will find that weird and ignore me, but...well, at least tried! Have done a very few small times over the last years. So..no expecting anything.

EDIT:
And anyone willing to send ne a Gold Mario amiibo, even open for like $20, let me know!! XD

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
  • Awesometastic!
  • What are you going to be doing here in LA?
  • Buy SPF 100 sun screen.

fernoca

Well I had a great evening, but then I came home to depressing videogame news and I'm like why do I even own a WiiU yo?
They no longer targeting 2015 for Zelda it is kind of good news, in the sense that they won't rush it. Sucks it won't be out this year, but I'm not disappointed. And no E3 demo means that they can continue focusing on that, rather than the demo (which sometimes takes months). Unlike other teams, there aren't 500 people working on Zelda.

Still, in my case I'm quite busy with amiibos and Mario Party 10. Still jump to Mario Kart 8 and Smash, both which will get more stuff before summer.

There's Splatoon, Mario Maker, Xenoblade X, Yoshi...whatever the heck they announce by then. Games I haven't finished like Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors along the ton of DLC it got, Rainbow Curse...and then there's the 3DS (and Xenoblade in 2 weeks)!

Kaiser_Glider

Neo Member
They no longer targeting 2015 for Zelda it is kind of good news, in the sense that they won't rush it. Sucks it won't be out this year, but I'm not disappointed. And no E3 demo means that they can continue focusing on that, rather than the demo (which sometimes takes months). Unlike other teams, there aren't 500 people working on Zelda.

Still, in my case I'm quite busy with amiibos and Mario Party 10. Still jump to Mario Kart 8 and Smash, both which will get more stuff before summer.

There's Splatoon, Mario Maker, Xenoblade X, Yoshi...whatever the heck they announce by then. Games I haven't finished like Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors along the ton of DLC it got, Rainbow Curse...and then there's the 3DS (and Xenoblade in 2 weeks)!

I agree, and I mean I was still pretty sure they were gonna delay it, it's tradition at this point to delay a Zelda game. So yeah, it will eventually get here, and it's going to be great. We have other games to occupy ourselves with.

#TeamPositive

Kevyt

Y'all need Cities Skylines in your lives. Better than any Nintendo/Sony game you can complete in four hours with sub-30 fps.

#PCMasterRace

I'm only kidding. But Cities Skylines is that only game I need for now. If y'all have a decent PC and enjoy this type of games then go and get it! (Looking at you Bo) :p

Sibylus

Banned
Y'all need Cities Skylines in your lives. Better than any Nintendo/Sony game you can complete in four hours with sub-30 fps.

#PCMasterRace

I'm only kidding. But Cities Skylines is that only game I need for now. If y'all have a decent PC and enjoy this type of games then go and get it! (Looking at you Bo) :p
Maybe Next Paycheque ®

I blew all my money on a GTX 960 (to replace my aged HD 5770, very old carryover into the new PC build) and travel funds to see my GF (so we can rut like wild animals). Sorry bae.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
'gratz 'bus. Do you plan to adopt?

As nice an idea as kids are, we are sooo far away from that income level that our puppy is going to be an only child.

• Awesometastic!
  • What are you going to be doing here in LA?
  • Buy SPF 100 sun screen.

It's a short birthday vacation. The bf used to live there a while back, and I've never been before. He's going to stay a few days after I have to fly back in order to see some old friends.

RM8

Guys, I'm about to make my first eBay purchase ever. I'll be fine if the sellers have a perfect reputation, right? Please tell me I'm safe! :x

DOWN

Banned
Guys, I'm about to make my first eBay purchase ever. I'll be fine if the sellers have a perfect reputation, right? Please tell me I'm safe! :x

Ebay guarantees purchases, so as long as you read the description, you are safe. Make sure if you are buying an Xbox One, you go for that and not one where it is actually just a printed photo you are bidding on because you didn't read the description. That sort of thing.

tumblr_nhqgby8odV1rdkvxmo3_500.gif

is this even SFW?

Very safe

RM8

I fear that. But the name of the product is not deceiving at all, it's just a bit odd that this seller uses an "official" photo of the Alienware Alpha instead of his own pics of the box. Still, his rating is perfect (lots of ratings as seller and buyer, plus he joined in 2008), and again, the name isn't ambiguous.

He agreed to use UPS, too! Amazon is a no-go for me since there's always the chance that they'll use USPS (which is less than ideal for deliveries to Mexico).

DOWN

Banned
I think I just invited someone to ask me out if they want. Like I messaged him on Facebook since we knew each other in high school, and worded it in a way where I can't feel rejected but it can also lead to him accepting the invitation a bit. I'm not really pursuing anything, but I ran into him crossing the street and he said "Wait don't go!" in the middle of the crosswalk and we laughed when he realized it wasn't a spot I could stop. But I at least wanted to say hello, so I messaged him after.

I fear that. But the name of the product is not deceiving at all, it's just a bit odd that this seller uses an "official" photo of the Alienware Alpha instead of pics of the box. Still, his rating is perfect (plus he joined in 2008), and again, the name isn't ambiguous.

He agreed to use UPS, too! Amazon is a no-go for me since there's always the chance that they'll use USPS (which is less than ideal for deliveries to Mexico).

In eBay's attempt to legitimize themselves as an online shopping operation for new merchandise, they have made it easier for sellers to use professional stock photos and descriptions for their items.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
It's a short birthday vacation. The bf used to live there a while back, and I've never been before. He's going to stay a few days after I have to fly back in order to see some old friends.
Sounds cool. Are you going to resign yourselves to a particular area of the city?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom