• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Odd since I'm American lol. What kind of accent?

I admit, I thought you had an accent, too. I'm not very familiar with many accents, but it sounded vaguely Irish to me, for whatever reason.

scarlet

I am 22 years old. Wish I had a deeper voice personally.

There's nothing wrong with the "gay" accent/voice, yeah, but people always made fun of me in high school because they thought I was gay and it made me self conscious that something about me (like my voice) gave it away. So even now I still get nervous that I have some obvious tell.

Anyway thanks a bunch guys.

Odd since I'm American lol. What kind of accent?

I don't know what accent lol

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

I think my voice has a tinge of the "gay" accent.... fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

edit: Please be honest, do I sound "gay"? http://vocaroo.com/i/s0Gnxz9Wij3Z

I think you can hear it in my voice during the very last line. Also its not a joke, despite me using a copypasta for the recording.

you sound like a regular dude, bro

...you kinda sound like Abed from Community, tbh.

he kind of does, yeah

i cringe whenever i hear myself on recorded audio :/ i really dislike my voice for that reason.

same tbqh

Keep the love handle. Makes a great thigh cushion when going horse back riding 👌

lmao

DOWN

Banned
I was laughing during my test because I was so lost and the proctor kept coming over and looking at my screen it was unbelievable but I am totally okay with the grade I got because it wasn't a zero. Fill in the blank math exams for marketing student are so mean lmao

Kevyt

i'm such an ashole to my family i fucking hate this ugghhhh

also hi guys

Hi BD! How are you? and what happened? o:

I couldn't let you slide for that one. Calling you out was inevitable.

Also, find someone who loves your love handles.

Yep. If you have facebook you've undoubtedly seen those kind of posts. :p

Well not many people are fond of love handles. I myself don't care tbh. In fact, I think that character is very important. It's what makes or breaks a person, for me at least.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

I think my voice has a tinge of the "gay" accent.... fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

edit: Please be honest, do I sound "gay"? http://vocaroo.com/i/s0Gnxz9Wij3Z

I think you can hear it in my voice during the very last line. Also its not a joke, despite me using a copypasta for the recording.

You do have a somewhat deep voice. If you mean "gay" as high pitched lisp, then no. Not at all.

Keep the love handle. Makes a great thigh cushion when going horse back riding 👌

Of course you would know :p

I was laughing during my test because I was so lost and the proctor kept coming over and looking at my screen it was unbelievable but I am totally okay with the grade I got because it wasn't a zero. Fill in the blank math exams for marketing student are so mean lmao

What score did you get?

Foxyone

Was going to say.

At first I was going to pop in and ask if you could get a lady friend to share platonic snuggles with... but I think the issue lies much deeper than that.

At this point I think I pretty much need a therapist to get this sorted out. I wish I could just be more gay so there was no problem; the thought of not having my bf in my life brings tears to my eyes.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I checked his profile, he's still active. I hope he's okay and will be okay.

Last time I talked to him he was feeling pretty bad and said he wasn't posting on GAF much anymore. I
think he's hot and would totally do him
hope he's alright. He isn't a bad guy and I like talking to him but we rarely talk and have kinda fallen out of talking normally. :/

I've been doing practically nothing for the past three days but researching Buddhist monasteries in North America and furiously not-masturbating.

Why are you looking to join a monastery? You can do nearly the same thing as the monks without wearing the robes/strict rules.

Strict vinaya is a pro, not a con (imo).

It's hard to balance meditation practice and responsibilities, I've been doing a practice where you observe mental states, and it's been making me appreciate just how pernicious sense desire is, and how enjoyable practice is in and of itself, I don't feel like I'd be missing on anything by taking the plunge (but who knows). Either way I think it would be a good experience to try out a more simple lifestyle supported by other people with similar goals.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well, like I said: You can do most of what they do by yourself already. You don't necessarily need to wear the robes to have a more simple/less complicated life. You just need the discipline within yourself to do it.

There's people out there that are basically "monks" but don't live in the monasteries.

Well, like I said: You can do most of what they do by yourself already. You don't necessarily need to wear the robes to have a more simple/less complicated life. You just need the discipline within yourself to do it.

There's people out there that are basically "monks" but don't live in the monasteries.

How do they support themselves?

I don't need to do anything :p Monastic settings are ideally structured for practice, they're not essential but they're a help. It's like saying why go to university to study philosophy when you can just read Kant in your living room. They may get you the same place but they're not the same thing.

RM8

:0

Laurent_Plancel__08bd0c_IMG_8611.jpg

Laurent_Plancel__d36972_test%201.jpg

Laurent_Plancel__333606_law01.jpg

Laurent_Plancel__4b2ccb_vlcsnap-2013-06-24-13h23m22s132.jpg

Laurent_Plancel__c9f230_action%20gun1.jpg

If you wanted to label yourself according to the above, you'd be a homoromantic heterosexual.

hi what happened

Hi BD! How are you? and what happened? o:

Yep. If you have facebook you've undoubtedly seen those kind of posts. :p

Well not many people are fond of love handles. I myself don't care tbh. In fact, I think that character is very important. It's what makes or breaks a person, for me at least.

You do have a somewhat deep voice. If you mean "gay" as high pitched lisp, then no. Not at all.

Of course you would know :p

What score did you get?
Well... I guess a short version is that I just can't be around my family without getting mad anymore :l Like, I'll have a good day at school with my friends or whatever but then I get home and I'm instantly in a shitty mood. I guess I just can't ignore the issues I had with my Mom before (About me being gay and shit) and I have to deal with the fact that I'm graduating soon and I need to decide if I'm going to come out to the rest of my family or not so that's always on my mind :v

anyway, sorry for the rant and thanks for listening baes

Kevyt

One of my professors sent me an email about a paper I wrote. She said "It's not the worst I've seen, we'll talk more about it on Friday."

I'm not sure if that's good or bad... Not the worst she's seen, lol. Well at least that's something :p

Who is he? Name plz.

Well... I guess a short version is that I just can't be around my family without getting mad anymore :l Like, I'll have a good day at school with my friends or whatever but then I get home and I'm instantly in a shitty mood. I guess I just can't ignore the issues I had with my Mom before (About me being gay and shit) and I have to deal with the fact that I'm graduating soon and I need to decide if I'm going to come out to the rest of my family or not so that's always on my mind :v

anyway, sorry for the rant and thanks for listening baes

Ah, well that's understandable. I would be mad too. Just try to relax and think that once you're in college it's going to be much better. You did came out to your mom and sister, I believe, right? If so, then you don't really have to tell them again. It would be redundant imo. I guess if you really want to tell your father, you should do it a few days before you live for college. Just be like "oh and by the way, father there's something I want to tell you..." But if that's going to bring negative consequences then think before you do it. Best of luck!

One of my professors sent me an email about a paper I wrote. She said "It's not the worst I've seen, we'll talk more about it on Friday."

I'm not sure if that's good or bad... Not the worst she's seen, lol. Well at least that's something :p

Who is he? Name plz.

Ah, well that's understandable. I would be mad too. Just try to relax and think that once you're in college it's going to be much better. You did came out to your mom and sister, I believe, right? If so, then you don't really have to tell them again. It would be redundant imo. I guess if you really want to tell your father, you should do it a few days before you live for college. Just be like "oh and by the way, father there's something I want to tell you..." But if that's going to bring negative consequences then think before you do it. Best of luck!
brace for the worst. expect the less worst

Mumei

This is an interesting article that about the idea that gays and lesbians tend to cluster in particular professions:

One recently published study argues that despite having the ability to pass as “normal,” people with concealable stigmas tend to cluster in particular occupations with particular characteristics. This isn’t simply because they seek out kindred spirits in their workplaces, as has often been argued. Rather, the authors’ novel argument is that the coping skills that those with concealable stigmas have developed to pass turn out to help them in their professional lives. Living in the closet may be stressful, but it’s also, apparently, good training for lots of jobs.

The central thesis of Tilcsik, Anteby, and Knight’s paper is that gays and lesbians will tend to be employed at high rates in occupations that require social perceptiveness, allow for task independence, or both. They test their theory using data from the American Community Survey—a gargantuan study of nearly 5 million Americans conducted annually by the U.S. Census Bureau—and the U.S. National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health (Add Health), an ongoing study that has followed the same group of Americans since 1994. All Add Health respondents were in middle or high school in the mid-1990s, so they were just beginning to settle into their careers around 2008, the year the study uses for its analyses. Both data sets include questions that can be used to infer sexual orientation, as well as information on respondents’ occupations.

The authors connected these data to assessments of the extent to which particular jobs require social perceptiveness and whether they allow for task independence, which come from ratings from the Occupational Information Network, a survey of employees on what they see as their job requirements and attributes. The survey seems particularly well-suited to the researchers’ task. One question asks the extent to which workers “depend on themselves rather than on coworkers and supervisors to get things done” (task independence), while another asks whether “being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do is essential to the job” (social perceptiveness).

The link between these attributes and sexual orientation is immediately apparent from browsing the list of the top 15 occupations with the highest proportions of gay and lesbian workers. Every single one scores relatively high on either social perceptiveness or task independence, and most vocations score high on both. According to the authors’ calculations, the proportion of gays and lesbians in an occupation is more than 1.5 times higher when the job both has high task independence and requires social perceptiveness.

... Personally, I don't feel very well-trained, but maybe I did "being in the closet' wrong. <_<

Andrin

Doing my psychiatry course right now, and my practical placement is at the psychiatric intensive care unit. It's been a long time since I was this mentally exhausted every time I get home in the evenings. So many patients with psychosis or mania.. And there's a patient who's either really depressed and suicidal or suffering from borderline personality disorder and lying through their teeth to try to manipulate us, and I just don't know what to think.

Its a shame Aaron Hernandez is a murderous thug. He was so pretty to look at. I guess I'll have to make do with JJ Watt. Don't be crazy, JJ. I can't lose you too.

H8RvJQD.jpg

berzeli

Banned
This is an interesting article that about the idea that gays and lesbians tend to cluster in particular professions:

... Personally, I don't feel very well-trained, but maybe I did "being in the closet' wrong. <_<

Forced to actively manage, from a young age, every interaction, individuals with concealable stigmas develop a keener sense of social perceptiveness—gauging and predicting others’ likely reactions—than those with no stigma to hide.

Wait. Does this mean we have superpowers? Thus it is even more ridiculous that the holy infallible Marvel who can do no wrong and mustn't be criticised for anything ever is excluding LGBT people to a fairly absurd degree?
I am fucking never mentioning the MCU ever again on this site

I mean I was def talking about the American one as I've never seen the original HOWEVER it was insanely popular so POWER
Yeah, I thought so, I barely remember the Venezuelan soap opera, I don't think I watched it until the end, not sure since it was so many years ago. Still it's very nice to see the american version doing so well, I think it probably has surpassed the original. I thought it was kinda weird but cool that Alba is Venezuelan, both Xiomara and Jane look very Puerto Rican.

Masamuna

There is no good reason for someone in an exclusive relationship to use those apps. The gall of someone in a relationship to actually use it, scum as fuck.

Garbage people who do that want an easy way to get out of a relationship even though they lack all courage.

Both the fiance and I are monogamous and have been together for 3 years. Both of us had growlr and scruff installed until last year. It was somewhat useful to keep in touch with friends not on Facebook but weren't close enough to give out our numbers to. We also made new friends that were purely platonic however that was not the norm.

He uninstalled after getting bored with thirsty creeps and I wasn't arsed enough to remember my password after rebooting my phone. Tumblr and Facebook fill that joy/annoyance.

Are we the normal case of couples on those apps? Of course not. But it's not black and white either.

Masamuna

Okay, but then I guess at a certain point I would grab their number :/ You're right thats not the norm.

We eventually did, or they inevitably became fb friends. Or even chat friends on kik.

Nowadays there's not THAT much difference between a dating app like grindr and Facebook. If one is a red flag for your trust then the other is just as much of a risk.

DOWN

Banned
The class average was 44% so he f**ked up
I was average on this one

Your prof. is a monster. You didn't know that going in?

eeeek I once had an exam where we were all repeatedly told throughout that no calculators were allowed

naturally, we sat the exam and calculators were allowed :))))))

He had two instruction sets, one in his newsletter and one that was a dedicated page about the exam online that didn't mention the lack of formulas. Looking at the class discussion boards, it seems that we all were going by the dedicated instructions page when we went to study and no formulas was a mess. It's the only assignment he's done this semester without either having us bring formulas or giving relevant ones to us. Judging by his emails today, he won't be doing this type of test again.

Alrus

What kind of teacher forces his student to study a bunch of formulas by heart? That's the most pointless shit (reminds me of high school), it's not like having a formula will help you much if you don't know how to apply it to anything.

I'm so glad I won't have to do much statistics anymore. Now back to studying Oncology and being depressed by it.

Kevyt

A character in MKX is gay, pretty much confirmed. So awesome! There should be a mission where you get to know more about the character's story, and how hevwas eventually accepted into the Lin Kueig Academy.

Sai-kun

Banned
A character in MKX is gay, pretty much confirmed. So awesome! There should be a mission where you get to know more about the character's story, and how hevwas eventually accepted into the Lin Kueig Academy.

Wow, just saw the cutscene where it's 'revealed'. Pretty awesomely done! That's fantastic of NetherRealm.

DOWN

Banned
Just looked up the Mortal Kombat X scene. Nicely done. I made the mistake of looking at the comments, but it's a good situation in the end.

tumblr_njd6krlRCf1u6s61ao3_r1_400.gif

Kaiser_Glider

Neo Member

Very nice indeed! But you're asking way too much there Mr. Hobo. :p

Also, and this is a longshot I'm sure but, if anyone from here has an extra Mewtwo Wii U code that you won't be using. I could sure go for one! (I didn't get Smash 3DS)

Priscilla, Queen of the Desert is on Amazon now if anyone hasn't seen it yet I'd recommend watching. Its a cute story about some Australian drag queens. They laugh, the learn, the live.

LjsT4co.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom