• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're saying it's pandering? I mean... that's so funny like... literally almost every game panders to straight males...

Well, I read a few comments and one of them said it was pandering. And yeah, it's hilarious that they say that considering Mortal Kombat itself always has busty women in barely any clothing. But that's not pandering to the straight male. nahhh

Kevyt

I never expected Netherrelm to do this, I mean their audience is mostly straight guys (I'm assuming) and while they do pander to them with the sexy female outfits, it's so awesome that they have a gay character.

But then again the Fighting Game Community is diverse, so perhaps I might be wrong about Mortal Kombat and its audience.

I definitely love gruesome games. Props to Netherrelm!

Sai-kun

Banned
whats wrong with Kotaku?
I mean they have a crappy website design but I struggle tof think about another reason.

i followed them back in like '06 and slowly stopped reading them around '11 or something. their content has just really taken a dive last time i regularly read it, and I really dislike the design of the site.

Kevyt

Girl, all you had to do was click on the source!

Anyway, has anyone seen the movie Lilting? It's a Ben Whishaw movie on Netflix and it's really good and it made me cry multiple times. So plz feel your emotions with this movie.

On Netflix you say? Bless you!!! :3

I was looking for something to watch tonight. Just watched the trailer, I'm sold!! I'm gonna get ready for crying.

Just watched the trailer. It's really good. I love this type of films.

DOWN

Banned
What is happening here?
tumblr_nlabhlIT3H1uqt5jmo1_400.gif

Bladenic

Yeah, I thought so, I barely remember the Venezuelan soap opera, I don't think I watched it until the end, not sure since it was so many years ago. Still it's very nice to see the american version doing so well, I think it probably has surpassed the original. I thought it was kinda weird but cool that Alba is Venezuelan, both Xiomara and Jane look very Puerto Rican.

Gina Rodriguez is indeed Puerto Rican and I wouldn't be surprised if Xo's actress is as well.

I really have no clue what I'll do if I ever develop a crush on a co-worker. Having a crush on a friend/classmate sucks enough, but at least that will be over in like 2 weeks. The fuck would I do if I had to deal with it at work.

yeah actually report that shit to HR

Ehhhhhhhhhhhh

I mean that really depends. Was it meant maliciously? Or was it just "bros being bros" and not being cognizant of how others around them felt? I'd try talking to the person who made the joke before going to HR. Or if it were me, I'd possibly ignore it unless ALL of the jokes they made were at the expense of gays.

RM8

Street Fighter did the gay character since day one ;P

But really, this is cool. And pretty out of Kharacter for MK, I'd say.

Hey guys and gals and everyone inbetween.

Not to be a negative nancy but I saw that video and that's the best NR could come up with? They couldn't come right out and say it?

You mean the Red Cyclone?

FightingGameCommunityAndSexism/Homophobia/Harassment.jpg

I don't blame them.

But as has been already shown, Fighting Game Community fanboys already have a problem with just this amount. If they're going to complain no matter what, might as well go whole hog and say fuck them.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
But as has been already shown, Fighting Game Community fanboys already have a problem with just this amount. If they're going to complain no matter what, might as well go whole hog and say fuck them.

I guess. But I can see where they're coming from: Let those that read into it and think it means he's gay think so. Let those that don't see it be blind.

RM8

You mean the Red Cyclone?

Which character? Based Capcom! :p

Eagle, of course!

Eagle-Profile-SF-Tribute.jpg

It's also not "official", but in the Japanese (see: original) version of Capcom vs. SNK 2 he tells Morrigan she can't seduce him for reasons he won't mention, he tells Balrog they could be soulmates, he tells Cammy he's not into young ladies, and Guile tells him something like "there are guys like you in the army, but it's not my thing!". Plus he seems to be partially based on Freddie Mercury, again, reflected in Capcom vs. SNK 2 quotes. I wonder if Capcom would have censored him in this day and age.

I loved Ugly Betty, would I love Jane The Virgin?
I didn't watch Ugly Betty though I did watch the original "Yo soy Betty, la fea" and it's my favorite telenovela of all time.

I'm sure you will love Jane the virgin, give it a try!

Gina Rodriguez is indeed Puerto Rican and I wouldn't be surprised if Xo's actress is as well.
Bonus trivia: My mom's name is Xiomara!!! Also I believe Alba does have a sort of venezuelan look / accent.

*googles her*
Nope, Puerto Rican as well :p

Bladenic

I didn't watch Ugly Betty though I did watch the original "Yo soy Betty, la fea" and it's my favorite telenovela of all time.

I'm sure you will love Jane the virgin, give it a try!

Bonus trivia: My mom's name is Xiomara!!! Also I believe Alba does have a sort of venezuelan look / accent.

*googles her*
Nope, Puerto Rican as well :p

That's actually kinda cool that the whole family is Puerto Rican.

Isn't Rogelio's actor actually a well known telemovela star in Mexico?

And the original Betty was so good! I also remember it having a fuckton of episodes

Btw Victor do you stan Gabriela Spanic?

Some highschool kid in a group was giving a lone student of Indian extraction a hard time with possible race elements, asking if he's Indian and taking his drink bottle and trying to take his glasses. I approach the bully and tell them to keep to themself, who then spits close to me and it is just chance it doesn't hit me, and then calls me a 'gay cunt'.

I don't know the school. I am considering ringing up trying to get them disciplined? My understanding is they are the school's responsibility until they get home? I don't know...

That's actually kinda cool that the whole family is Puerto Rican.

Isn't Rogelio's actor actually a well known telemovela star in Mexico?

And the original Betty was so good! I also remember it having a fuckton of episodes

Btw Victor do you stan Gabriela Spanic?
Yes, Jaime Camil is a mexican telenovelas actor. I think I'm more of a Itatí Cantoral/Soraya Montenegro stan :p

Did all the moderator staff go on vacation? It seems the only mod active in OT is Modbot.

Some highschool kid in a group was giving a lone student of Indian extraction a hard time with possible race elements, asking if he's Indian and taking his drink bottle and trying to take his glasses. I approach the bully and tell them to keep to themself, who then spits close to me and it is just chance it doesn't hit me, and then calls me a 'gay cunt'.

I don't know the school. I am considering ringing up trying to get them disciplined? My understanding is they are the school's responsibility until they get home? I don't know...

A gay cunt lol. I think the important thing is you said something when you saw the bullying happen. I doubt the school is going to do anything because a stranger called.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom